LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    cdysinge said:

Standing offer to anyone, if you are coming out to spring training let me know. To me its the greatest thing about living in AZ. Giants games used to be a few dollars to attend but thanks to all the tittles lawn seats now cost more than a D-Bags regular season game. Still a blast to go and between the Cubs new stadium out here (mini replica of Wrigley), the D-Backs new spring site (extremely family friendly with decent priced food) we have better stadiums than some regular season versions across baseball.

I'm blessed in that I work 1/4 mile away from Scottsdale stadium and can sneak out for a long lunch whenever I want to go catch a game. If you're coming and want to meet up let me know and I will be there.

thinking about this

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    PJ_ROCKS said:

cdysinge said:

Standing offer to anyone, if you are coming out to spring training let me know. To me its the greatest thing about living in AZ. Giants games used to be a few dollars to attend but thanks to all the tittles lawn seats now cost more than a D-Bags regular season game. Still a blast to go and between the Cubs new stadium out here (mini replica of Wrigley), the D-Backs new spring site (extremely family friendly with decent priced food) we have better stadiums than some regular season versions across baseball.

I'm blessed in that I work 1/4 mile away from Scottsdale stadium and can sneak out for a long lunch whenever I want to go catch a game. If you're coming and want to meet up let me know and I will be there.

thinking about this
    no [-X
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Just read a report Pablo is as good as gone. Giants offered Pence's deal (5 for 90) which is what Sandoval asked for in Spring training. They had offered something in the range of 4 at 60 back then which is why a deal wasn't done. Sandoval rejected the Pence deal and countered with a 7 year deal at about the same aav. The Giants have probably smartly passed. Let the Red Sox pay him that and use that 5 for 90 type money either on a player close to FA up for trade like Upton.There are a bunch of guys up for trade because they are on the last year of their deal (you get a trial season before you commit long term) that you can get somewhat cheaply. Either that or go offer Tomas the 100 million. 7 years, damn.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Tomas for $100M would be the smart move.
    CYA Panda. (take Strick with you and drop him at Yankee Stadium)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I've changed my mind. Pablo is staying and I imagine announcement will be early next week. ESPN just reported that Sox offered him 5 at 95 which is why I imagine Evans sounded optimistic again. I'm sure Giants will match. Throw some incentives in to up the total slightly and its done.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Incentives? Match it and add a penny.

I agree....I think he'll stay.....the sox didn't get as crazy as I thought they might.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    i'm seeing a trend here. :-?

So 2016 World Champions?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

i'm seeing a trend here. :-?

So 2016 World Champions?

you catch on fast ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ESPN reporting Sandoval accepted the Red Sox offer. I will miss him but at the same time his OPS has been in steady decline and without a DH spot to offer him the deal in 2 or 3 seasons would most likely be a bust for the Giants. 5 years at 19 million aav is an over payment. I'm excited to see what Sabean does with the cash freed up now. I do have absolute faith that 19 million will go to someone. So now the question of the day is Tomas or trade for Upton or another guy? If they can solve the LF issue it changes drastically what you need at 3rd.

Then again last week at 10:18am ESPN reported that Martin was about to sign with the Cubs to only announce less than an 1 hour later he agreed to terms with the B-Jays. ESPN will report anything true or not so we still have to wait to see. I do think we get a Sandoval announcement today either way.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    :-h

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Sandovals agent vehemently disagrees with the report Sandoval decided but did confirm announcement will come today. If he does leave he needs to sign the deal before Ramirez. I would much rather get the Sox's second round pick than their 3rd. This whole top 10 picks being protected thing blows.Giants are finally in line for an extra pick for losing a guy and it might be a crappy 3rd.

Then again they won the WS again. Boo f*cking who.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    edited November 2014
    Im totally ok with him leaving. Agree its an overpay, but Im really excited i never bought any of that damn Panda merchandise.
  • Options
    Never bought any panda gear myself luckily either. Bleacher report is reporting Giants are interested in Lester with the cash freed up. I'm really hoping not. Lester is a great pitcher but giving out a 6 year deal to a pitcher in his 30's rarely works out. The fact it would be for 20 million a year is a big no to me personally. We need to add a starter but I would rather they go for a cheaper option (bring Liriano home) and use the cash for hitters. At the start of free agency the reports said Giants have about 40 million to spend. They assumed roughly 20 mil would go to Sandoval leaving us another 20 to try and resign Romo and get a starter or better option in LF.

Here are a couple of options in my head to make the team better:

Use 12 of the 40 to get Liriano (reports say he is looking for 4 years at 12 per), trade for Upton (he is making 14.5 next season) and you have still have 12 million to go sign Headley (reports say 3 years at 12 per will get him). In this option Romo is gone and someone internally will need to step into that 8th inning role. I think the Giants like more freedom with Afeldt so they wont slide him into there. We have a bunch of young bullpen arms so there are options.

or go really, really big

Let Duvall play 3rd (good defense below average hitter) as a super cheap internal option, Sign Tomas (you should be able to get him for 8 years at 12.5 per to get the 100 million he wants) for LF and go get Max Scherzer to pair with Bumgarner as the best 1-2 punch in baseball. If Cain can get back to form you have the best 1 through 4 in majors (Huddy as #4). It really f*cks us in a few seasons but for now god damn that would be awesome.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^^^^ with Chad around, who needs ESPN.com? :))

Even with our three titles, I remain your basic pessimistic Giants fan....I'm not sold on Tomas because with our (historical) luck, he would be the first Cuban dud....oh, that's right, we already had the first Cuban dud, Oswaldo Fernandez. We followed up the Ichiro and Matsui signings with....Shinjo.

Our free agent signings, besides Bonds, have not been great. Lester, old; Scherzer, too expensive; Liriano, too many injuries (old, too). We do need another pitcher but I don't know where I'd go. Cain definitely needs an injury free, productive season. I'd love to be able to keep Romo around, too.

At 3B, I'm kind of leaning toward seeing what Duvall or Duffy could do. It could be a situation where we should just see rather than applying band aids....remember how many years we kept Aurilia out of the lineup?

As far as the OF.....we need Pagan back in a big way. In LF, I dunno.....bring back Melky? :))

Bottom line, I just don't really like the FA crop...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    imalive said:
    I love this clip. Flannery leaving made me sadder than Pablo.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

imalive said:
    I love this clip. Flannery leaving made me sadder than Pablo.
    an old roommate of mine played HS ball with Tim at Anaheim High :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

This is by far my most favorite part of the season the last few years. I live on the team stream app more than on anything else. With NFL 90% of roster moves happen so quickly there is no suspense to it. You find out your team signed so and so and that is it. With baseball there are so many possibilities with the off-season building as it goes. Basketball has such small rosters and such a hard salary cap (for most NBA teams) everything can be predicated. When the Giants have cash to spend there is no better time for me.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

This is by far my most favorite part of the season the last few years. I live on the team stream app more than on anything else. With NFL 90% of roster moves happen so quickly there is no suspense to it. You find out your team signed so and so and that is it. With baseball there are so many possibilities with the off-season building as it goes. Basketball has such small rosters and such a hard salary cap (for most NBA teams) everything can be predicated. When the Giants have cash to spend there is no better time for me.

Flannery will be missed.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

my favorite parts were October '10, October '12 and October '14.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I really wanted the Giants to get Donaldson. He would have been a perfect upgrade at 3rd. Damn it they are whiffing this off season.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    The more I look into what the A's got back it has me wondering why the Giants didnt try and top that offer. It would have cost Belt or Panik (my guess is the A's would have demanded Panik as they need a 2nd baseman) plus some young arms. Donaldson is worth it though.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

The more I look into what the A's got back it has me wondering why the Giants didnt try and top that offer. It would have cost Belt or Panik (my guess is the A's would have demanded Panik as they need a 2nd baseman) plus some young arms. Donaldson is worth it though.

gotta disagree with you on that.

that said, I would have loved to get him somehow.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm really excited for Panik and wouldn't trade him unless we could land a legit star that isnt costing as much as his counterparts. While Donaldson is 29 this is the first of 4 seasons in arbitration. I read he should get something around 6-8 million this go around, 10-12 the second time, 12-14 for year three and 14-18 for year 4 if he stays at his current level. To land him on what would probably be a 4 year deal for 50-55 million would a massive boon for later spending. To get major league talent you generally have to give up young cheap talent (Belt, Panik and Crawford are all we have that fit that category). Crawford is definite no go (too good of defense and hits in clutch spots) to me. Belt is a light power hitting 1st baseman so I don't think he would draw as much in a trade as his WAR says he should. While Panik might be really good we know Donaldson already is. It's the only reason I would do it if the Giants were stupid enough to let me GM and the trade was available.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Fuck the Red Sox. I hope the Giants add the extra year and sign Lester. That would cause Boston to panic and go over pay Sherzer. Everyone is saying they want Lester and Shields in the worst way. Their rotation is putrid right now. Bucholz is decent but then after that it is a slew of 4's and 5's. They need front end pitching if they want to finish trying to buy a decent shot at the world series. As the yankees are showing now it doesn't work out very well later when you do it. But hey they got 2009 for it. I think Lester ends up a cub anyways but if we can screw the Red Sox over go for it. They won 2 with Zito. They can do it again later with Lester.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,570
    cdysinge said:

Fuck the Red Sox. I hope the Giants add the extra year and sign Lester. That would cause Boston to panic and go over pay Sherzer. Everyone is saying they want Lester and Shields in the worst way. Their rotation is putrid right now. Bucholz is decent but then after that it is a slew of 4's and 5's. They need front end pitching if they want to finish trying to buy a decent shot at the world series. As the yankees are showing now it doesn't work out very well later when you do it. But hey they got 2009 for it. I think Lester ends up a cub anyways but if we can screw the Red Sox over go for it. They won 2 with Zito. They can do it again later with Lester.

Sox have money after they dumped about a quarter-of-a-million to your boys to the South. You know, the Nick Punto trade>LOL

Plus, the Sox have some of the best Prospects in baseball to use for trades, unlike the Yankees, to get top of the rotation pitching.

You say the Sox are trying to buy a WS, but you want to sign Lester with an added 7th year? At what? $150-$160 MILLION?>LOL>and how much did the Giants sign Zito for? But, he did help the Giants won 2 WS so that's all that counts right?

I won't be surprised if Lester ends on the Cubs either. I will be surprised if they got into the Scherzer sweepstakes.(whatever team signs him will be overpaying)

Who will play 3rd base for the Giants next season? Headley?

• Options
    Yesterday I was reading Giants offered a very good aav to Lester but only as a 5 year deal. They are not really players for him. It would take adding the 6th year the Cubs and Sox offered. Rumors are Lester was offered 138 million from cubs, 130 million from Sox. I'm ok (not that my opinion matters) if they matched the cubbies offer to try and swing him. From what I read though Lester is intrigued by the Cubs but he is 31. Is he going to want to waste 1-2 seasons waiting on cubs to finish developing players or go to a veteran team that has won 3 out of 5 including last season.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    you guys can worry about your tour merch and rare posters....

I'll continue to spend my $$ on the good stuff. :))

photo IMG_0731_zps47fcbf36.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14