THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    I did via the interwebs. Pretty funny.

Wanna hear something pathetic? I STILL don't have the Spectrum bootlegs.

wow. worth every penny. you can borrow mine if you want

Thanks. I don't know why I haven't. And I want the whole shiny box deal and everything. What is wrong with me??!?!

i'm more interested in the dvd. god damn it. where the hell is it? :x
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

yep. I always bet on them when I attend games in person. and I never bet against them under any circumstances.

pretty fucking dumb, but that's me. I'm the same guy that bet against the team he took in week 14 of my survivor pool. won the bet, but lost out on a few g's in my survivor pool (which ended the week after I lost)

the survivor thing is different.

i'd have lost a ton of money on the birds if i went by that philosophy though.

yeah, you go to a lot more games than I do. I went 2-1 this year betting on games I attended.

this week's playoff games look tough to me
    The Fixer wrote:

wow. worth every penny. you can borrow mine if you want

Thanks. I don't know why I haven't. And I want the whole shiny box deal and everything. What is wrong with me??!?!

for real
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:

for real

What am I, the last one to know anything anymore?!?!? When is this said dvd supposed to pop up?
    The Fixer wrote:
    for real

What am I, the last one to know anything anymore?!?!? When is this said dvd supposed to pop up?

nah there's no news on it. but a lot of people said at the time it was professionall filmed so it was assumed a dvd would have been out by now. maybe they're just using that footaage for the documentary... :?
    www.myspace.com
    adam caplan:

Star wide receiver DeSean Jackson finished this season with one year left on his rookie deal. He’s scheduled to earn just $565,000 in base salary for 2011 — a figure well below an acceptable amount for a player of his stature. Privately, the team has told Jackson, who is considered to be the NFL’s best deep threat, he will get a lucrative contract extension once the new CBA is reached. But give Jackson credit. Although it was obvious he was bothered by not having a new deal this season, he did not cause any distractions.
    www.myspace.com
    adam caplan:

Star wide receiver DeSean Jackson finished this season with one year left on his rookie deal. He’s scheduled to earn just $565,000 in base salary for 2011 — a figure well below an acceptable amount for a player of his stature. Privately, the team has told Jackson, who is considered to be the NFL’s best deep threat, he will get a lucrative contract extension once the new CBA is reached. But give Jackson credit. Although it was obvious he was bothered by not having a new deal this season, he did not cause any distractions.

am I the only one that isn't sure if he's worth the money?
    The Fixer wrote:
    adam caplan:

am I the only one that isn't sure if he's worth the money?

guess it depends. he says the eagles will pay him what the "nfl's best deep threat" is worth...that doesn't equate to best overall receiver.

we went so long with crap at that position. i say pay the man. him and maclin are a great combo.
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:

i think there is definitely an andy reid fatigue that has settled in. i don't sense the same kind of anger people used to feel when a season ends like this one did. people are kind of numb to it. oh well.

that's because 99% of eagles fans are idiots. the team was expected to win 8 games and they won 10. for some reason people are disappointed. I don't get it, the team wasn't that good to begin with.

They have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. They are in great shape going forward
    You guys must be the 1%ers. :wtf:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    of course not. I was disappointed that they lost last week too, even though I predicted that the packers were gonna win..

yet you're money was on the birds :? :lol:

yep. I always bet on them when I attend games in person. and I never bet against them under any circumstances.

pretty fucking dumb, but that's me. I'm the same guy that bet against the team he took in week 14 of my survivor pool. won the bet, but lost out on a few g's in my survivor pool (which ended the week after I lost)
    Or at least Jeags is.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

You guys must be the 1%ers. :wtf:

Shouldn't you be out searching for the next bandwagon to jump on?
    i didn't realize how tall asomghua is. he's 6'2. i hope that doesnt disquade the eagles from going after him :lol:
    they will have to overpay because apparently the jets are his first choice. but, good god, this will be cornerback tandem for the ages if we can get him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... mugha.html
    www.myspace.com
    i didn't realize how tall asomghua is. he's 6'2. i hope that doesnt disquade the eagles from going after him :lol:
    they will have to overpay because apparently the jets are his first choice. but, good god, this will be cornerback tandem for the ages if we can get him.

I read this this morning too. all speculation. the birds are good at laying in the weeds with their FA signings. They don't let people know what their intentions are when going after guys (vick, kearse, samuel, etc...no one saw any of those moves coming, then BAM, you see on the tickers that the eagles have signed so and so -- so I'm not worried about who the 'favorites' are).

Asomugha would be sweet. and please, no more quentin mikell
    The Fixer wrote:

I read this this morning too. all speculation. the birds are good at laying in the weeds with their FA signings. They don't let people know what their intentions are when going after guys (vick, kearse, samuel, etc...no one saw any of those moves coming, then BAM, you see on the tickers that the eagles have signed so and so -- so I'm not worried about who the 'favorites' are).

this is different than samuel though. we signed samuel when lito and brown were both still on the team. nobody thought of corner as a need. i think everyone knows the birds will definitely be in the mix for him now considering patterson is their current starter there.

and if we don't get him, i'll take cromarte as a plan b. no doubt.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

this is different than samuel though. we signed samuel when lito and brown were both still on the team. nobody thought of corner as a need. i think everyone knows the birds will definitely be in the mix for him now considering patterson is their current starter there.

ugh...cromarte blows. him and samuel at the corners would be brutal. power sweeps and tunnel screens all day. yikes
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Found a picture of Fixer from last weeks game.
    eagles_fan_moron.jpg
    And one of jearlpam.
    funny-sports-pictures-philadelphia-eagles-fan-eye-bleach.jpg
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Found a picture of Fixer from last weeks game.
    eagles_fan_moron.jpg
    And one of jearlpam.

I just want to know which teams you're rooting for this week. Oregon's hoops arena is uglier than the chick in that pic...
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ugh...cromarte blows. him and samuel at the corners would be brutal. power sweeps and tunnel screens all day. yikes

do you really think cromartie blows? why?

sometimes i think you just disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nah man. he is softer than samuel. I don't think you can have those two in the same secondary. your safeties would be hurt by week 4 because they'd have to make every tackle.

also, he isn't that good of a cover guy. garcon toasted him on saturday night. he couldn't even start for arizona last year...he was their nickle guy

no thanks, I'll pass on him
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I dont know how you can be "happy" with another first round playoff loss at HOME

A game in which we were favored in

It's sad but I expect the let down to happen every year

We may have been slated for a Down season or 8 wins but it's still ridiculous the way this team ended the season...very similar to the way it ended the year before on a losing streak

Edit: Also I would not over pay DJax...he has a tendency to disappear on the field. If they pay him as a deep threat guy thats fine but not True Number 1 cash
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Horos wrote:
    And one of jearlpam.

Where did you get that Picture of my Mother ?

edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nah man. he is softer than samuel. I don't think you can have those two in the same secondary. your safeties would be hurt by week 4 because they'd have to make every tackle.

also, he isn't that good of a cover guy. garcon toasted him on saturday night. he couldn't even start for arizona last year...he was their nickle guy

no thanks, I'll pass on him

okay... i'm not saying he is in asomghua or sameuel's league. but i gotta disagree with your assesment completely. he's a decent cover corner (10 picks a couple years ago) and he's also 6'2 and plays more physical than any of our corner's right now. plus he's also only 26.........wait, arizona? who are you talking about? this guy played for the chargers his first few seasons before the jets traded for him :? :?

incidentally scouts inc has him as the 13th best corner in the league. here's their assesment:

Cromartie is five-year veteran who was acquired in a trade this offseason. He is an excellent athlete who was hindered by a hip injury for a good portion of the 2008 season but bounced back well in 2009. He has the size and speed to be a shut down CB in the league and can make plays on the ball like few other players in the league. He is very fluid through hips. He has exceptional recovery skills when healthy and he uses his long arms well to intercept or break up plays. He has enough size and strength to match up well with big and physical receivers, but he is also quick enough mirror routes of quick players. Cromartie is considered one of the leagues better cover corners and bolsters and already excellent Jets defense in 2010.

...maybe you were thinking of someone else?

edit: you're thinking of his cousin.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    I dont know how you can be "happy" with another first round playoff loss at HOME

We may have been slated for a Down season or 8 wins but it's still ridiculous the way this team ended the season...very similar to the way it ended the year before on a losing streak

Edit: Also I would not over pay DJax...he has a tendency to disappear on the field. If they pay him as a deep threat guy thats fine but not True Number 1 cash

who the hell is happy? :o
    www.myspace.com

Some fans think this season was OK because we weren't supposed to do much anyway

I'm at the point where its expected that we have a bad ending

Some fans think this season was OK because we weren't supposed to do much anyway

those have to be the "idiots" fixer is always referring too :lol:

most people i talk to are just becoming numb to it. it's a shame.
    www.myspace.com

okay... i'm not saying he is in asomghua or sameuel's league. but i gotta disagree with your assesment completely. he's a decent cover corner (10 picks a couple years ago) and he's also 6'2 and plays more physical than any of our corner's right now. plus he's also only 26.........wait, arizona? who are you talking about? this guy played for the chargers his first few seasons before the jets traded for him :? :?

incidentally scouts inc has him as the 13th best corner in the league. here's their assesment:

Cromartie is five-year veteran who was acquired in a trade this offseason. He is an excellent athlete who was hindered by a hip injury for a good portion of the 2008 season but bounced back well in 2009. He has the size and speed to be a shut down CB in the league and can make plays on the ball like few other players in the league. He is very fluid through hips. He has exceptional recovery skills when healthy and he uses his long arms well to intercept or break up plays. He has enough size and strength to match up well with big and physical receivers, but he is also quick enough mirror routes of quick players. Cromartie is considered one of the leagues better cover corners and bolsters and already excellent Jets defense in 2010.

now I'm confused. are we talking about the guy on the jets? because he sucks

those have to be the "idiots" fixer is always referring too :lol:

most people i talk to are just becoming numb to it. it's a shame.

the eagles weren't that good this year. They lost to a better team last week.

I'm not happy about it, but this team had a successful year...exceeded my expectations.

reid has them pointed in the right direction...they aren't far from being back to SB contenders. just gotta fill in the obvious holes.

the people that want reid replaced are out of their minds. even though they were the team with less talent, he put them in a position to win the game last week. 2 akers shanks and vick not choking and we're all talking about the bears right now.
    The Fixer wrote:

now I'm confused. are we talking about the guy on the jets? because he sucks

you have to be kidding.
    www.myspace.com
    Dude Cromartie is okay, but we don't need another gambling CB. We need more physicality. Too many soft players on D.
    Dude Cromartie is okay, but we don't need another gambling CB. We need more physicality. Too many soft players on D.

he's 6'2, 210. good size and speed. something we have been lacking for years. but again--not my first choice. just looking at options if we don't get the obvious guy.

point is, he doesn't blow. and he never played for the cardinals. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

he's 6'2, 210. good size and speed. something we have been lacking for years. but again--not my first choice. just looking at options if we don't get the obvious top choice.

point is, he doesn't blow. and he never played for the cardinals. :lol:

Rogers-Cromartie is a decent CB as well, whom I think you're talking about. Bobby Taylor was big too, and I wouldn't call him physical. Cromartie led the league in INT's the same way Samuel did - by taking risks. All I know is this D whiffed at tackles this year more than Ryan Howard has over his career.
This discussion has been closed.