THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

they certainly had their deficiencies in the red zone and gave up way too many points. but despite all the injuries and personnel changes they finished 12th in overall total defense and 3rd in takeaways.

But weren't they last in red zone defense or close to it? I think that is what killed them. I don't put too much stock in stats though. Look at what happened in Seattle to the #4 defense on Saturday. Everyone out there thought that Seattle was a pushover, except my lucky friend who pocketed some major cash on them..

The Birds certainly turned in a good season after all the injuries this year!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:

they certainly had their deficiencies in the red zone and gave up way too many points. but despite all the injuries and personnel changes they finished 12th in overall total defense and 3rd in takeaways.

But weren't they last in red zone defense or close to it? I think that is what killed them. I don't put too much stock in stats though. Look at what happened in Seattle to the #4 defense on Saturday. Everyone out there thought that Seattle was a pushover, except my lucky friend who pocketed some major cash on them..

The Birds certainly turned in a good season after all the injuries this year!

they were horrendous in the red zone.

incidentally, i pocketed some cash on seattle saturday too ;)
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

could be worse...we could be giant or cowboy fans.

What's so bad about being a Cowboys fan? At least our team's year was decided by week 9 so they didnt get our hopes up and then not show up for a playoff game!

Not to mention, we have the #9 pick in the draft and will most likely be looking into Asomugha.

incidentally, i pocketed some cash on seattle saturday too ;)

No shit! I just never saw that coming. I kept telling my buddy that he was crazy. He had Pitt (Panthers) and Seattle on a parlay..

Edit: Straight up on Seattle!
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

What's so bad about being a Cowboys fan? At least our team's year was decided by week 9 so they didnt get our hopes up and then not show up for a playoff game!

Not to mention, we have the #9 pick in the draft and will most likely be looking into Asomugha.

hahaha...are you seriously trying to rationalize that your pathetic 6-10 season was somewhat on par with a 10-6 division champion's? :lol::lol: (by the way--how did the eagles not show up? they had the ball in their hands with a chance to win it right at the end :? )

i will assume you are joking here. congrats on the 9th pick though. i have full confidence jerry jones will screw it up somehow.
    www.myspace.com
    i will assume you are joking here. congrats on the 9th pick though. i have full confidence jerry jones will screw it up somehow.

I was and supposedly Jerry is giving Garrett the final say on decisions, right? :o That will be interesting to see him try and change the way he has been doing things forever..

But seriously, it doesn't matter that you won the division. What does that get you if you tank the first game in the playoffs. I hate when fans (Cowboys included) wear their division champs gear all year long. Drives me nuts.
    crazypjfan wrote:

I was and supposedly Jerry is giving Garrett the final say on decisions, right? :o That will be interesting to see him try and change the way he has been doing things forever..

But seriously, it doesn't matter that you won the division. What does that get you if you tank the first game in the playoffs. I hate when fans (Cowboys included) wear their division champs gear all year long. Drives me nuts.

wearing division champion gear is pretty pathetic dude.

it's nothing new to win the division and be in the playoffs around here. expectations were lower in august but everyone is pretty disappointed today. beats the hell out of 6-10 though :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    kolber news:

As the regular season wound down, and it became increasingly clear that several NFL franchises would be upgrading their quarterback depth chart this offseason, Philadelphia Eagles QB Kevin Kolb emerged as a potential solution. Though Kolb showed some warts during limited action this season, he seems like a better option than anything some teams have returning for 2011. The main issue was whether the Eagles would be willing to deal Kolb -- given Michael Vick's penchant for not sliding, and generally taking big hits -- and at what price. [Editor's note: ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter wrote recently that the Eagles likely won't budge from their demand of two first-round picks].

While the Eagles' stance may or may not have changed following the team's loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, Kolb has upped his rhetoric. Though he played the good teammate during the season, accepting his role behind Vick, Kolb now says that if he's not brought back in 2011 as the starter, he doesn't want to be brought back at all, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

It wouldn't appear that many teams would be willing to pay the Eagles' hefty price of two first-rounders for Kolb. Moreover, unless and until there's a new collective bargaining agreement, no trades involving players can occur; therefore, teams that want to trade for Kolb will have to wait until there's a new CBA, and if it's after the draft, 2012 (and beyond) picks would be involved. Since the Eagles and the team acquiring Kolb wouldn't know the status of their future pick(s), this makes a trade trickier.

Of the teams looking for a new QB, the most desperate appear to be the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans. But again, until the new CBA, Kolb will be staying put.
    www.myspace.com
    it's nothing new to win the division and be in the playoffs around here. expectations were lower in august but everyone is pretty disappointed today. beats the hell out of 6-10 though :lol:

I'm glad the Cowboys pathetic season helped to bring out some sunshine in Philly today ;)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    All i know is you Philly fans can grab a stool at the bar next to us Giant and Cowboys fans and enjoy the rest of the playoffs. There's always next year.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=7888708

so jaegs if this isn't neanderthal behavior than what would call it? not saying it doesn't happen other places because surely it does but this is the type of behavior i refer to when describing eagles fans as i do. i understand yelling and stuff at fans in other jerseys but vandalism of their cars, pathetic. it's hard to argue with my assessment of eagle fans.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    they will never win it all
    Finally seeing the light I see. ;)
    pjhawks wrote:
    so jaegs if this isn't neanderthal behavior than what would call it? not saying it doesn't happen other places because surely it does but this is the type of behavior i refer to when describing eagles fans as i do. i understand yelling and stuff at fans in other jerseys but vandalism of their cars, pathetic. it's hard to argue with my assessment of eagle fans.
    Eagles fans = worst fans ever :twisted:
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

do you have any personal basis for this comment or do you just take what the national media tells you and run with it? plenty of incidents happen everywhere in the nfl, including a cleveland browns fan tackling a 9 year old this year. i was just putting this story out there because i've had discussions on here with jaegs about eagles fans and why i have no interest in actually attending an eagles game as long as they are on tv. i personally don't see eagles fans being any different than most other nfl stadiums, especially in the northeast.
    edited January 2011
    Again, season exceeded expectations. Just a shame there's a chance that there won't be any football next season and everything's up in the air again.
    Must be nice to have such low expectations.

Personally I expect the Steelers to win the Super Bowl every year or I'm disappointed. (well I guess I didn't expect them to even make the playoffs this year so my expectations are really not much better, but now that they're in they'll probably lose to the Pats.)

How about them Seahawks. ;)
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    pjhawks wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

do you have any personal basis for this comment or do you just take what the national media tells you and run with it? plenty of incidents happen everywhere in the nfl, including a cleveland browns fan tackling a 9 year old this year. i was just putting this story out there because i've had discussions on here with jaegs about eagles fans and why i have no interest in actually attending an eagles game as long as they are on tv. i personally don't see eagles fans being any different than most other nfl stadiums, especially in the northeast.
    I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job.
    #FHP
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Like I've said before, we are assholes, and I'm glad that it's a shame that visiting fans can't come here. Stay the fuck out.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Like I've said before, we are assholes, and I'm glad that it's a shame that visiting fans can't come here. Stay the fuck out.

i like you :lol:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

hahaha...are you seriously trying to rationalize that your pathetic 6-10 season was somewhat on par with a 10-6 division champion's? :lol::lol: (by the way--how did the eagles not show up? they had the ball in their hands with a chance to win it right at the end :? )

They didn't show up against Minnesota though when they could have been playing for a bye.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    All i know is you Philly fans can grab a stool at the bar next to us Giant and Cowboys fans and enjoy the rest of the playoffs. There's always next year.

Now I can enjoy football in peace without rooting for/against anyone!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    edited January 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=7888708

do you really expect me or any rational person to condone that kind of behaviour? believe it or not this kind of stuff happens in other cities too. are you going to start knocking philly fans for throwing snowballs at santa clause next? you sound like someone in the national media man.

also, i'm not sure exactly what you think of me, but i can assure you i'm not in the demographic it sounds like you think i am.

:?

edit--my side window was smashed off while i was at the halloween pj show in '09. those damn neanderthal pearl jam fans :x :x :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

They didn't show up against Minnesota though when they could have been playing for a bye.

oh i know. believe me i know! :x .....we'd be waiting around to play the seahawks if they had won that game. no excuse.

he was talking about yesterday's game though.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

do you really expect me or any rational person to condone that kind of behaviour? believe it or not this kind of stuff happens in other cities too. are you going to start knocking philly fans for throwing snowballs at santa clause next? you sound like someone in the national media man.

also, i'm not sure exactly what you think of me, but i can assure you i'm not in the demographic it sounds like you think i am.

Jaegs if you read what i said i agree it happens everywhere, and i never said you were that, but you were pretty strong in your defense when i called eagles fans that a few weeks ago. just trying to see if you disagree with my assessment after something like this happens. i think it's hard to argue that there is an element of what i called them in many eagle fans who attend the games, or at least act that way at the games maybe based on the mob mentality.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    i think the bottom line is, if you were in the parking lot and would have seen this going down would you have:

-started it
    -tried to talk to the vandals to get them to stop
    -join them
    -report it to authorities
    -laugh

i think what is worse is that people had to have seen it and didnt say something
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Jaegs if you read what i said i agree it happens everywhere, and i never said you were that, but you were pretty strong in your defense when i called eagles fans that a few weeks ago. just trying to see if you disagree with my assessment after something like this happens. i think it's hard to argue that there is an element of what i called them in many eagle fans who attend the games, or at least act that way at the games maybe based on the mob mentality.

there's assholes everywhere dude. you're taking one isolated incident to prove your point. regarding my car at the pearl jam show a couple years ago, i'm not gonna make generalizations about all pj fans based on the jerkoffs who did that....

you sound like skip bayless right now :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    there's assholes everywhere dude. you're taking one isolated incident to prove your point. regarding my car at the pearl jam show a couple years ago, i'm not gonna make generalizations about all pj fans based on the jerkoffs who did that....

you sound like skip bayless right now :lol:

not at all jaegs. the word i used is how i describe most fans who go to eagles games. this type of behavior supports that but in no way am i using this story as the full basis of my belief. a lot more goes into that belief than one incident. my bad for bringing it up, i guess i should left it alone and kept my opinion to myself a few weeks ago. it's all good though, just trying to make some conversation.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    so guys what are your thoughts on McDermott? It's kind of hard to analyze the guy with all the injuries, but seemed like this season, including yesterday, the defense had a hard time getting plays called and players in and out. Now maybe yesterday's issues have a lot to do with Bradley being out and the calls would be better and quicker with him there. the red zone defensive numbers are pretty disturbing though. i would like to think most of the problems defensively are talent or lack of talent related but McDermott is not inspiring a lot of confidence in two years so far. What are your thoughts on him?

I'd love to see john fox hired to run the defense if he doesn't get a head coaching gig. I know that's a long shot. Reid's biggest fault is that he's too loyal.

Better players would help too
    The Fixer wrote:
    they better be careful with an extension.

In his final seven starts of the season (counting Sunday), Vick threw seven interceptions, fumbled nine times and took 22 sacks.

i know you don't like the guy but to be fair he also threw 11 touchdowns and ran for 6 more. so that is 17 total tds, 7 picks, 1,960 passing yards, 61.5 completion percentage, 368 rushing yards and a qb rating of 90%.......all with a shaky offensive line and a coach adverse to running the football consistently. i really think andy asked him to do waay too much pretty much every game down the stretch.

but i think andy will do the right thing here. franchise him (if there is a franchise tag). see how next year plays out and go from there. dude was real good and real fun to watch this year. we would have struggled to get to 8 wins without him.

incidentally, i know you brought up the steve young comparison yesterday. if you look at vicks full year stats to steve young's first full year with the niners (in '91 he played in 11 games) they are still probably more similar than most people think. and don't think for a second that reid doesn't think he can complete this mike vick transformation over the next few years. cuz i'm pretty sure he does.

vick isn't going anywhere. I just don't like the guy. Eagles don't make the playoffs without him this year though.

vick couldn't hold steve young's jock strap. their numbers might be similar but vick isn't half the player that young was
    crazypjfan wrote:

But weren't they last in red zone defense or close to it? I think that is what killed them. I don't put too much stock in stats though. Look at what happened in Seattle to the #4 defense on Saturday.

Exactly. Jeags loves these yardage rankings, even though they are pointless. SD was first in defense and 2nd in offense. how'd that work for them?

so much changes week to week in the NFL. The yardage rankings are a terrible barometer for...well, for anything
    pjhawks wrote:

I was gonna post this too, but I didn't want to bring this up again.
    Horos wrote:
    Again, season exceeded expectations. Just a shame there's a chance that there won't be any football next season and everything's up in the air again.
    Must be nice to have such low expectations.

Personally I expect the Steelers to win the Super Bowl every year or I'm disappointed. (well I guess I didn't expect them to even make the playoffs this year so my expectations are really not much better, but now that they're in they'll probably lose to the Pats.)

How about them Seahawks. ;)

How about those pirates?

eh, I'm taking an educated guess that you don't like that team. you know, since they aren't winning right now

that pitt bowl game was exciting too. how come you're not talking about that??
This discussion has been closed.