THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Dude Cromartie is okay, but we don't need another gambling CB. We need more physicality. Too many soft players on D.

he's 6'2, 210. good size and speed. something we have been lacking for years. but again--not my first choice. just looking at options if we don't get the obvious guy.

point is, he doesn't blow. and he never played for the cardinals. :lol:

he does blow. rogers-cromartie is on the cards. my bad.

like JP said, already too many softies on defense. cromartie epitomizes that type of player. samuel and cromartie on the corners would be a disaster. we'd see RBs running up the sidelines untouched all year.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Actually, one guy I didn't mind on the tackling issue was Samuel.
    Dude Cromartie is okay, but we don't need another gambling CB. We need more physicality. Too many soft players on D.

he's 6'2, 210. good size and speed. something we have been lacking for years. but again--not my first choice. just looking at options if we don't get the obvious top choice.

Rogers-Cromartie is a decent CB as well, whom I think you're talking about. Bobby Taylor was big too, and I wouldn't call him physical. Cromartie led the league in INT's the same way Samuel did - by taking risks. All I know is this D whiffed at tackles this year more than Ryan Howard has over his career.

and INTs really are a terrible judge of talent. like domo's article says, ashomgha has how many picks over the least few years?

he was pretty bad ass this year...throwing around helmet to helmet hits :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I mean what you see is what you get to me. And he did more than I thought he would. The guy doesn't wrap and bring to the ground, we all know that, at least I know he's not soft.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I mean what you see is what you get to me. And he did more than I thought he would. The guy doesn't wrap and bring to the ground, we all know that, at least I know he's not soft.

eh, I still think he's as soft as defensive players come. doesn't tackle well, can't play press coverage, etc
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

he's 6'2, 210. good size and speed. something we have been lacking for years. but again--not my first choice. just looking at options if we don't get the obvious top choice.

Rogers-Cromartie is a decent CB as well, whom I think you're talking about. Bobby Taylor was big too, and I wouldn't call him physical. Cromartie led the league in INT's the same way Samuel did - by taking risks. All I know is this D whiffed at tackles this year more than Ryan Howard has over his career.

nah fixer was confused by them....which confused me...which... :mrgreen:

like i said he's not my top choice. but i like scouts inc and always trust their assesments. i don't think he's as soft as you think. plus samuel improved his tackling quite a bit this year and i'd be surprised if they didn't add a more physical saftey. that would be a quality secondary. guys one of the top 15 cb's in the league.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, I still think he's as soft as defensive players come. doesn't tackle well, can't play press coverage, etc

Yeah, but you knew these things when he came here. I gladly exchange those things because of his playmaking ability. They need balance so they need someone on the other side who can press up against the bigger receivers who consistently beat this team on fade routes. All I know is he's not a pussy, and doesn't mind at least throwing his head into someone.

like i said he's not my top choice. but i like scouts inc and always trust their assesments. i don't think he's as soft as you think. plus samuel improved his tackling quite a bit this year and i'd be surprised if they didn't add a more physical saftey. that would be a quality secondary. guys one of the top 15 cb's in the league.

I wouldn't fully trust anything that involves todd mcshay. that guy is like a meteorologist...he's wrong approximately 80% of the time
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but you knew these things when he came here. I gladly exchange those things because of his playmaking ability. They need balance so they need someone on the other side who can press up against the bigger receivers who consistently beat this team on fade routes. All I know is he's not a pussy, and doesn't mind at least throwing his head into someone.

I agree 100%. I'm fine with one samuel. I don't want two of them though
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't fully trust anything that involves todd mcshay. that guy is like a meteorologist...he's wrong approximately 80% of the time

I never understood why Kiper or McShay - ESPECIALLY McShay - get so much credit. Kiper's been doing this for forever, but who the hell is Todd McShay? Seriously. Did these dudes ever play ball or been involved with football organizations not on the pee-wee level? Everything I ever hear them say is the obvious or they blather on about some random player at the 1-AA level just becasue they don't have lives and spend all their time looking at college players. I feel like saying to them - hey, guys, great, I have eyes too.
    The Fixer wrote:

I never understood why Kiper or McShay - ESPECIALLY McShay - get so much credit. Kiper's been doing this for forever, but who the hell is Todd McShay? Seriously. Did these dudes ever play ball or been involved with football organizations not on the pee-wee level? Everything I ever hear them say is the obvious or they blather on about some random player at the 1-AA level just becasue they don't have lives and spend all their time looking at college players. I feel like saying to them - hey, guys, great, I have eyes too.

yeah, I like kiper. I think his opinion holds some weight. mcshay is a turd. I think he went to richmond...not sure if he played there or not. He sucks at talent evaluation.

This year I saw him on espn at some point. He said that ohio st was going to beat wisconsin by 'at least 14 points'. I loved wisconsin in that game and laid a big bet on them. Wisconsin ended up winning outright. This is just one example of how terrible that guy is. His scouting reports on draft prospects are terrible too (which is his job for scouts inc). he's no herbstreit, that's for damn sure
    The Fixer wrote:

are we talking about the draft now? :?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

your boy KC joyner writes for scouts inc too
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

your boy KC joyner writes for scouts inc too

yeah. i like him but he's got some far out philosphies about certain things. todd mcshay is on the college side of things though. so i wasn't sure what you were talking about.

scouts inc is awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Eagles fired defensive coordinator Sean McDermott.
    They're apparently not watching Ravens-Steelers. McDermott did a fine job this season, overseeing a defense that ranked 12th in yards allowed, third in interceptions, and in the top ten in sacks. However, the Eagles feared losing DBs coach Dick Jauron to the Browns, and will almost certainly promote him to replace McDermott. Likely to land on his feet, McDermott now becomes a prime candidate to coordinate Pat Shurmur's defense in Cleveland.
    Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
    Related: Browns

That's the 1st step in the right direction imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    They're apparently not watching Ravens-Steelers. McDermott did a fine job this season, overseeing a defense that ranked 12th in yards allowed, third in interceptions, and in the top ten in sacks. However, the Eagles feared losing DBs coach Dick Jauron to the Browns, and will almost certainly promote him to replace McDermott. Likely to land on his feet, McDermott now becomes a prime candidate to coordinate Pat Shurmur's defense in Cleveland.

i don't think he got the fairest shake here, but let's see what they do. i do hope they realize jauron was the secondary coach though... :?

one thing's for sure, reid's running out of excuses...
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

i don't think he got the fairest shake here, but let's see what they do. i do hope they realize jauron was the secondary coach though... :?

Lurie and Banner are content being competitive,which means Reid is there perfect coach.
    Go Birds!!!!

Lurie and Banner are content being competitive,which means Reid is there perfect coach.

this is the first time reid's ever fired a coordinator. and for him to do it after just two seasons considering the short hand the was dealt to mcdermott, i have a feeling reid is feeling pressure to win asap. expectations will be much higher next year.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    this is the first time reid's ever fired a coordinator. and for him to do it after just two seasons considering the short hand the was dealt to mcdermott, i have a feeling reid is feeling pressure to win asap. expectations will be much higher next year.

I hope he's feeling pressure..it seems for far too long he's been Teflon Don around the organization

These disappointing playoff runs are getting old

I'm not exactly warm and fuzzy about Jauron
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I hope he's feeling pressure..it seems for far too long he's been Teflon Don around the organization

whoever the new coordinator is, you gotta figure there will be better personnel to work with (assuming they upgrade right corner and find someone who can get to the qb). and if they stay healthy it will make whoever the coordinator is look good.

you gotta wonder who will be the next to go if we don't win a playoff game next year though...
    www.myspace.com
    Jauron's a solid D-coordinator. I have to assume that's what they brought him in for - a situation like this.

And that's what they need - a seasoned, established, veteran coach in that position.
    Actually, after thinking about it, I'd love to see Singletary here.
    edited January 2011

Like I said last week, john fox would have been perfect. sucks he got a job. leslie frazier would have been nice too.

I wasn't a big mcdermott fan, but the bottom line is that they need better players.

I was watching the replay of last week's game on NFL network and mcdermott was practically asking the defensive players what they wanted to do. That was pretty damn weak.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

what did you expect in the playoffs this year??

I guess it was reid's fault that akers missed those FGs and LH randall threw that pick at the end
    The Fixer wrote:

what did you expect in the playoffs this year??

I guess it was reid's fault that akers missed those FGs and LH randall threw that pick at the end

Offense averaged 16 pts a game the last 3 weeks...not gonna cut it

This year and every year it ends the same..so close to winning but don't

Is it ever Reid's fault ?

They were close to winning it this year?? We must be talking about different teams.

I expected them to lose in round 1. They just weren't that good of a team.
    The Fixer wrote:

They were close to winning it this year?? We must be talking about different teams.

Not winning it all..but how many times have they been favored at home and lost ?

How many more years do we wait ?

You must have the patience of a saint

The Fixer wrote:

Not winning it all..but how many times have they been favored at home and lost ?

How many more years do we wait ?

You must have the patience of a saint

people are upset that they lost in the playoffs to a better team (did you see GB last night??)...I like to focus on the bigger picture. They had a good year relative to realistic expectations. Reid has this team poised for a return to prominence. I'm happy with where they are and the direction with which they're headed.

The last two years the team just hasn't been that good. They've gotten to the playoffs because of andy reid.
    edited January 2011

singletary has been interviewing for linebacker coaching positions.

i looked up jauron coached team's stats and am beginning to wonder why his reputation is as good as it is:

Jags dc
    ‘95…pts- 28th…25.2 total d- 21st
    ‘96…pts- 19th…20.9 total d- 15th
    ‘97…pts- 15th...19.9 total d- 23rd
    ‘98…pts- 17th…21.1 total d- 25th

bears hc
    ‘99…pts- 20th...21.3 total d- 29th
    ‘00…pts- 20th…22.2 total d- 16th
    ‘01…pts- 1st…12.7 total d- 15th
    ’02...pts- 25th...23.7 total d- 25th
    ‘03…pts- 22nd…21.6 total d- 22nd

lions dc
    ‘04…pts- 18th…21.9 total d- 22nd
    ‘05…pts- 21st…21.6 total d- 20th

bills hc
    ‘06…pts- 10th…19.4 total- 18th
    ‘07…pts- 18th...22.1 total- 31st
    ‘08…pts- 14th…21.4 total- 14th
    ‘09…pts- 16th…20.4 total- 16th

not sure i'd be too thrilled with this. shefter is reporting jim mora is going to be considered.... :?

looks like mcdermott may go to denver for the d coordinator position...

EDIT--i wasn't even thinking about it when i posted this but for fixer, here's another example of how points allowed and yards allowed are related. :)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.