THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    moe.ron wrote:
    Wow!! I didn't expect it this soon, and to the Skins none the less. 2010 will be interesting for the Eagles. I'm happy and sad at the same time. #5 will be missed, but change is good.

personally, i think the wrong change was made.

Skins are getting shit done, going to be a different team next year.

Seriously?? They got rid of a shitty young QB and are getting an older QB with a few years left. McNabb isn't spelled F-A-V-R-E.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Eagles have something else up there sleeve. there either gonna trade up in the draft or make a trade for someone decent. Kolb will be alot better then everyone thinks when given the opportunity to actually play. I except anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 this season. Kolb will throw to Celek and d-Jack all the time.Celek will become a monster with Kolb,this combo will be nasty for years to come. Relax peeps the time has come to turn the page and i think the ending will be alot better then everyone thinks.

totally agree. don't forget about maclin and ingram too. their offense is loaded, just need to rebuild the d

for those that don't like the trade, the eagles had to move mcnabb or lose him for nothing after this season since his contract is up. they were able to turn him into a top 40 pick in a loaded draft. mcnabb is too soft in big games, it's a good trade for the eagles
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Let the Kevin Kolb era begin!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    RW81233 wrote:
    Let the Kevin Kolb era begin!

+1 :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    while I am a big McNabb fan, it's time for him to go. I think the Birds needed to make some changes and get our team healthy...bring in some players who will hopefully make the difference! It'll be an interesting season...

oh, and Kolb...pleaassseeee practice NOT dropping back in the pocket so much and throwning as you're moving backwards. you make me nervous everytime and your passes are high and loopy and not strong. you're gonna get picked off attempting passes like that!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Maybe the Birds will be ready to compete with the 'Boys by the 2013 season. :lol:
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I was hoping he would be traded to the Steelers, you know, since our QB may be in prison next fall. :oops:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    We don't hate Mcnabb at all were just sick of the same old same old. If u actually watched all his gamed for 11years you'd understand why it was time to go. He is the greatest Eagles qb ever but sometimes u have to turn the page. Im sick of all this Philly fans hate did the fans just trade Mcnabb??? Maybe Reid and the front office finially relieved it was time to let the future happen. And did anyone think that maybe they traded him to Washington because they know him like a book and that he can't win the big big game. The offer was a good deal for us and i 100% think we will trade that 2nd rd pick and something else to move back into the 1st rd. This is the best draft class alot of experts say in the last 20yrs and we now have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Kolb will be an excellent qb in 1-3 years.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Maybe the Birds will be ready to compete with the 'Boys by the 2013 season. :lol:

Right!! Because we all know Romo will be hanging around for a while. I didn't see the Cowboys win the Superbowl last season either buddy.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    We don't hate Mcnabb at all were just sick of the same old same old. If u actually watched all his gamed for 11years you'd understand why it was time to go. He is the greatest Eagles qb ever but sometimes u have to turn the page. Im sick of all this Philly fans hate did the fans just trade Mcnabb??? Maybe Reid and the front office finially relieved it was time to let the future happen. And did anyone think that maybe they traded him to Washington because they know him like a book and that he can't win the big big game. The offer was a good deal for us and i 100% think we will trade that 2nd rd pick and something else to move back into the 1st rd. This is the best draft class alot of experts say in the last 20yrs and we now have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Kolb will be an excellent qb in 1-3 years.

I agree we needed a change Im not upset about that just that its the Deadskins

:thumbdown:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm curious ... question for the Eagle fans on McNabb's first trip to the Linc, the first time he's introduced ...

Will you cheer or boo?

Will the majority of the Philly fans cheer or boo?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm curious ... question for the Eagle fans on McNabb's first trip to the Linc, the first time he's introduced ...

Will you cheer or boo?

I think cheer with a spattering of boo's mixed in..he is after all a Deadskin now :twisted:

I might try to get tickets for that game..Im sure a MNF game

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I think cheer with a spattering of boo's mixed in..he is after all a Deadskin now :twisted:

What's MNF?

keep in mind I'm from Detroit :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:

What's MNF?

keep in mind I'm from Detroit :lol:

Monday Night Football for you novices

:lol:;)

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280

Lions haven't played on Monday since Oct. 2001. And they lost that game 35-0...
    Hopefully the Eagles/Skins game will be better.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:

Lions haven't played on Monday since Oct. 2001. And they lost that game 35-0...
    Hopefully the Eagles/Skins game will be better.

Aaaaaaaaah now I know why ;)

The games are usually close when we play the skins...should be interesting

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

totally agree. don't forget about maclin and ingram too. their offense is loaded, just need to rebuild the d

for those that don't like the trade, the eagles had to move mcnabb or lose him for nothing after this season since his contract is up. they were able to turn him into a top 40 pick in a loaded draft. mcnabb is too soft in big games, it's a good trade for the eagles

not the issue.

most, like me, agree it was time to move on to kolb.

the issue is you could have gotten similiar value from a team not in your own division. now you have the eagles taking a step backwards (though not a huge step. all kolb has to be is average with the weapons we have) and the skins taking a big step forward (especially with shanahan as his coach--best possibly coach for don at this point in his career). they have struggled at the qb spot my entire life. we've given them the best qb they have had since joe thiesman. plus quality qb's are now playing well into their late 30's. don still has a big chunk of his career left. the skins already have a stout defense. they need to rebuild their line, probably add a decent wideout (TO! :lol: ---could happen), and hope their old rb's hold up and their in the mix for the the division title.

i agree with jam pearls that 7-10 wins for us is possible. closer to 9 or 10, as i've been saying since the end of last year, if they stock up on quality on the defensive side with the 2nd wave of free agency and this deep draft. gotta wait till may to see what the team looks like.

so the problem i have is not that we move onto our youth movement its that we make a division rival better in the process....3 years after making the cowboys better with the kolb/spencer draft day trade. i wonder who reid is thinking of shipping to the giants on draft day in a few weeks. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Coming from an outsider, I hope the Philly fans give McNabb a classy standing O in his first game back. Then boo him during the game all you want.

The guy brought on the Golden Age (thusfar) for the Eagles franchise. He sacrificed his body, played hurt, and bled eagle green. All with class.
    jimed14 wrote:

Will you cheer or boo?

a mix....but it will be loud as hell. there are people here who have hated him since day one (and whether people want to admit it or not--part of it has to do with race). those people will boo loudly. and his supporters will try their best to drown them out. i'll be one of the cheerers. i hope the organization does him right by having some kind of thing honoring him prior to the game on the big screen or something.

i can tell you this though---that day will be EPIC. i cannot wait to get down there. it's gotta be the 2nd sunday night or monday night game of the year (they already have the 1st weekend set).

it's just a tough pill to swallow knowing we're going to have to face him twice a year for the next 3, 4, or 5 years. i'm betting they have him extended before the season starts. hopefully it works out the same for us as your bledsoe to the bills trade did for the pats....i highly doubt it though :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Coming from an outsider, I hope the Philly fans give McNabb a classy standing O in his first game back. Then boo him during the game all you want.

The guy brought on the Golden Age (thusfar) for the Eagles franchise. He sacrificed his body, played hurt, and bled eagle green. All with class.

agree. i will never boo him during the game though. i just won't cheer for him during the game.
    www.myspace.com
    here's a reason to root for him next year:

The Eagles received the Redskins’ second-round pick this year and a conditional fourth-round pick next year.

The fourth-round pick can become a third-rounder if one of two conditions are met: McNabb is selected to the Pro Bowl or the Redskins win at least nine games with McNabb playing at least 70 percent of the snaps.

--
    hopefully don has a helluva year and the skins still stink!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

not the issue.

the issue is you could have gotten similiar value from a team not in your own division. now you have the eagles taking a step backwards (though not a huge step. all kolb has to be is average with the weapons we have) and the skins taking a big step forward (especially with shanahan as his coach--best possibly coach for don at this point in his career). they have struggled at the qb spot my entire life. we've given them the best qb they have had since joe thiesman. plus quality qb's are now playing well into their late 30's. don still has a big chunk of his career left. the skins already have a stout defense. they need to rebuild their line, probably add a decent wideout (TO! :lol: ---could happen), and hope their old rb's hold up and their in the mix for the the division title.

i agree with jam pearls that 7-10 wins for us is possible. closer to 9 or 10, as i've been saying since the end of last year, if they stock up on quality on the defensive side with the 2nd wave of free agency and this deep draft. gotta wait till may to see what the team looks like.

so the problem i have is not that we move onto our youth movement its that we make a division rival better in the process....3 years after making the cowboys better with the kolb/spencer draft day trade. i wonder who reid is thinking of shipping to the giants on draft day in a few weeks. :roll:

The reason why he went to wash was very easy and it's why i said weeks ago that i think wash is a very possible landing spot. Although it's not the exact trade i would have made i love this trade. Tell me this WHY would u trade a so called franchise qb to a division rival??? Easy you know the player so well you'll know exactly what to do to throw him off. Secondly u don't think that the qb is as good as he once was and don't think he's that big of a threat even to a division opp. If reid and the eagles thought mcnabb still had that IT factor theres no way they would have traded him to wash. U talked about how great of a season he had this past year it really wasn't at all. He ranked 12th in qb rating 20th in qb comp % 17th in yds passing and tied for 13th in td passes. There not very good numbers for a guy who is considered a franchise qb and who is 33 yrs old and has had numerous injuries throught out his career. And as for us getting better offers theres NO WAY we could have gotten a better offer in less minnesota or arizona or SF stepped up to the plate,which they apparently didn't. Oak,Cle,STL offers if they were actually made might have been better if Mcnabb told them he'd sign an extension. And even though he didn't have a no trade clause he dictated this move. Why in the world would oak,or cle or stl give up a 2nd rd pick and a 3rd or 4th rd pick for mcnabb when he had no thought of resigning there. And if there is a next season with brees,brady and manning getting new deals the qb franchise tag would be right around 20 million a season. So what sense does it make to trade for a qb give up alot and only get a 3rd round pick in compostion in return after he didn't resign there the next year? Wash was the spot for 2 reasons they have a decent team with a great coach and mcnabb wants payback. And thats why wash gave up what they did and why 5 wanted to go there. There's no way the other teams deals would have been as good because of mcnabb held all the chips and the eagles knew it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

not the issue.

The reason why he went to wash was very easy and it's why i said weeks ago that i think wash is a very possible landing spot. Although it's not the exact trade i would have made i love this trade. Tell me this WHY would u trade a so called franchise qb to a division rival??? Easy you know the player so well you'll know exactly what to do to throw him off. Secondly u don't think that the qb is as good as he once was and don't think he's that big of a threat even to a division opp. If reid and the eagles thought mcnabb still had that IT factor theres no way they would have traded him to wash. U talked about how great of a season he had this past year it really wasn't at all. He ranked 12th in qb rating 20th in qb comp % 17th in yds passing and tied for 13th in td passes. There not very good numbers for a guy who is considered a franchise qb and who is 33 yrs old and has had numerous injuries throught out his career. And as for us getting better offers theres NO WAY we could have gotten a better offer in less minnesota or arizona or SF stepped up to the plate,which they apparently didn't. Oak,Cle,STL offers if they were actually made might have been better if Mcnabb told them he'd sign an extension. And even though he didn't have a no trade clause he dictated this move. Why in the world would oak,or cle or stl give up a 2nd rd pick and a 3rd or 4th rd pick for mcnabb when he had no thought of resigning there. And if there is a next season with brees,brady and manning getting new deals the qb franchise tag would be right around 20 million a season. So what sense does it make to trade for a qb give up alot and only get a 3rd round pick in compostion in return after he didn't resign there the next year? Wash was the spot for 2 reasons they have a decent team with a great coach and mcnabb wants payback. And thats why wash gave up what they did and why 5 wanted to go there. There's no way the other teams deals would have been as good because of mcnabb held all the chips and the eagles knew it.

you pretty much stole my thunder here. I agree with everything in your response.

The Eagles made the deal that helped them the most. There is no proof that an equivalent or better deal for mcnabb was on the table. I'm not worried about mcnabb or the redskins. The eagles may be taking a small step back in 2010 since they will be relying on so many young players. This mcnabb trade is the equivalent of taking a small step back to take 2 steps forward.

shanahan is one of the most overrated coaches of all time. since elway retired he has won 1 fucking playoff game. and he looks like matt dillon in something about mary (after he gets his teeth whitened).

the eagles will be fine...philly fans just need something to complain about. He was the best QB in eagles history, but I'm relieved that the mcnabb era is finally over

not the issue.

dude. he is a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK which has been the achiles heel of the redskins for as long as we have been alive. we just solved our rival's main problem that has plagued that city since joe fucking theisman broke his body back in the early 80's. 12th in qb rating, 13th in td passes...you know there's 32 starting quarterbacks in this league right? he is still a top 10 qb. plus he is now with a coach who believes in RUNNING the football. elway was the same age and had a worse career completion percent when shanahan became his coach. 2 super bowls later (in his late 30's) he's now a hall of famer and shanahan is a future hall of famer. i said sunday the eagles were dumber than i thought. and if they truly believe what you said before about him not being that good, then i think they're dead wrong. the raiders were rumored to have offered the 39th pick. i am sure we could have finagled a 3rd or 4th rounder next year as well. the raiders make dumb moves like that every year. i would have taken slightly less to keep him out of our own division. there's a reason why you don't see blockbuster trades like this take place between division rivals.

and the other guy called shanahan overrated overrated because his teams have struggled since elway left. it's a quarterback league dude. now he has this era's elway that he can mold into his kind of quarterback. he's got a legit franchise qb for the first time since elway retired. if they make the brandon marshal trade....look out. that is all i am saying.

like i said--the birds will be okay. all kolb has to be is average. i have said since that 2nd dallas game ended that we are not as far away as most people think. we just gotta stockpile up on defensive talent in the 2nd free agent wave and draft and we might be in the mix again as early as next year. i just cannot agree with instantly making the redskins a playoff contender in the process though. cutting off your hand despite your face.

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    To compare Mcnabb to Elway is a joke. Elway and mcnabb were both mobile and had good arms thats all. Elway didn't choke at the end of the game. mcnabb feared the last drive while Elway lived for it. Thats a huge huge difference. U can compare brady to montana or manning to marino but this whole Mcnabb and elway thing is a joke no matter what anyone says or until Mcnabb actually does it when it matters. And Mcnabbs numbers weren't good for a qb that throws the ball way more then almost every qb in the game. And yes Go Phillies!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    i love how illogical Eagle fans can be. the ones who wanted McNabb traded because we couldn't win with him (according to them not my thought) yet now think Washington has passed us by because they have him. You can't have it both ways - you can't run the guy out of town because you think he is no good then think the team he went to is all of sudden going to be really good because you sent him there. Twisted freakin logic there boys. 95% of Eagle fans are such morons and make it hard to cheer for this team.
    cutting off your hand despite your face.

This made me laugh. I think you got that saying wrong

The skins suck with or without mcnabb. he isn't going to solve their problems. They aren't getting better via the draft.

check this out (from mel kiper)...

It's simply a fact that aside from their No. 4 pick, the Skins have largely traded out of this draft. They now don't have any other picks within the top 100, and with the current crop of talent, that No. 37 pick the Eagles just picked up is practically a first-rounder. The McNabb pick-up may become a great success story in Washington, but the organization -- regardless of who has been in charge under Dan Snyder -- keeps kicking draft choices to the curb, and the roster has and will suffer. It's nice to pick up great players, but it's not the way to build a great team. You simply have to emphasize the draft.
    To compare Mcnabb to Elway is a joke. Elway and mcnabb were both mobile and had good arms thats all. Elway didn't choke at the end of the game. mcnabb feared the last drive while Elway lived for it. Thats a huge huge difference. U can compare brady to montana or manning to marino but this whole Mcnabb and elway thing is a joke no matter what anyone says or until Mcnabb actually does it when it matters. And Mcnabbs numbers weren't good for a qb that throws the ball way more then almost every qb in the game. And yes Go Phillies!!!!

Totally agree. McNabb gets the ball, 2 minutes left, down 7 vs Arizona in the NFC title game in 2009. As an Eagle fan I knew that game was over. A great QB isn't supposed to give a fan base that type of feeling.
    pjhawks wrote:
    i love how illogical Eagle fans can be. the ones who wanted McNabb traded because we couldn't win with him (according to them not my thought) yet now think Washington has passed us by because they have him. You can't have it both ways - you can't run the guy out of town because you think he is no good then think the team he went to is all of sudden going to be really good because you sent him there. Twisted freakin logic there boys. 95% of Eagle fans are such morons and make it hard to cheer for this team.

your last sentence is off. I think it's more like 99%
    I guess brian baldinger agrees with me and jamminpearls...here's his quote

The Eagles should be ecstatic. I view McNabb as a flawed player, and it was never more apparent than in the back-to-back losses to the Cowboys last season. His flaws will never go away. Now, the Eagles get at least two chances to expose the same flaws they've been covering up for 11 years. It works against the Redskins that McNabb is still in the division. Andy Reid can finally stop covering up for one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the history of the game. The Eagles will go to the playoffs. The Redskins will be watching from the golf course.
This discussion has been closed.