THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DewieCox wrote:

It woulda been smarter,imo to not trade him in the division, for the sole reason that McNabb is gonna get hyped up for 6-10 Philly games over the next few years and that could have a strong hand in their playoff chances.

thats my only issue. we were at the point that we needed to move on. but we also solved a 25 year old problem for our rival in the process....

vick had nothing to do with this.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2010
    [qua shotote="jamminpearls"]
    The raiders would have never given us anything close to what we got from wash. Mcnabb wouldn't sign an extension there that's why he didn't get traded there oak offer was probably crap because they don't wanna give up that much for a qb for 1yr and a franchise tag number at 20 million. He made it clear he wanted no parts of oakland why people don't relieve this is beyond me.for a team to trade for mcnabb and to give up good value they had to know hed sign an extension. That's why wash won out very simple to understand to me. And to the dude who said marino isn't great cause he never won a superbowl lost all crediblity right there. Marino is a top 5 qb in nfl history while mcnabb might be a top 5 qb during his 11yr time period. I loved mcnabb while he was here and appericated him 100 percent but to not see that it was time to trade him since the EAGLES ORGANZATION didn't want him here no more is blind faith.

raiders had a deal in place to ship us the 39th pick. i'm sure we could have finagled a 4th rounder next year as well. they were also multiple reports out there stating they didnt care if mcnabb did not sign an extension. they made a similar trade for richard seymore a year ago with the pats. they could have franchised mcnabb for '11 if they wanted to. or don could have spent a year there, waited for farve to retire next year and then go to the team he really wanted to go to: the vikings. in reality, mcnabb did not have any say in this at all---if the eagles didn't care about sending him to a better team. he does not have a no trade clause. and there is no way he would forfit 12 million dollars by sitting out a year. so that theory is incorrect.

agree about the marino comment though. he's one of the best to every play the game. he just could not get the job done in january.

don is a poor man's john elway at this point in his career though. i still stand by that. and i believe he has a a shot to be compared favorably with him when it is all said and done. people keep acting as if his career is over when we'll be seeing him twice a year for the next 3-5 years. long way to go for him.

don't believe everything you read or hear on sports radio. we have no idea if that oakland deal was on the table. personally I don't believe a word these athletes/GMs say. and most of the rumors online are posted to gain website traffic...there is little factual info in any of this stuff we all read. not saying you're right or wrong about the oakland rumor, but we can't act like that offer was legit. none of us know. what we do know is that the eagles got more than most of us thought they would.

the mcnabb-elway comparisons are ridiculous. I don't care how similar their stats are. elway was playing in super bowls, mcnabb kept losing NFC title games that his team was supposed to win (eagles were favorites in 4 of the 5 NFC games he played in)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited April 2010
    should have shipped him to the raiders...even if it meant getting slightly less.[/quote]

if a team gets better but still sucks does it really matter? I say no

that's like a fat chick losing 10 pounds when she needs to drop 50. she's still fat[/quote]

you obviously don't understand my argument. i feel like i'm talking to my dog. stop pooping on my carpet man![/quote]

I get it man...you're upset that the eagles made the skins better. I'm saying you shouldn't worry about that...they didn't improve that much.

we can agree to disagree. the skins are picking in the top 5 this year for a reason. getting mcnabb doesn't solve all of their issues. and the draft won't either since they only have 1 pick in the top 4 rounds
    here's an article from gcobb's site that speaks well to my argument that shanahan can get the most out of don like he did with elway. i will admit, like i've said before, that they still have some work to do on the offensive side. but i think don's gonna sign a 3-4 year extension so they'll have plenty of time to build through trades, fa, draft:

Can McNabb Succeed With Less Talent Around Him?
    Donovan McNabb makes the Redskins a better football team without question. But how will McNabb perform with less talent? McNabb will find comfort in tight end Chris Cooley, who will quickly become his favorite target. However, the Redskins’ wide receivers pale in comparison to DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Jason Avant. Santana Moss is a deep threat, but he is old and isn’t the dynamic playmaker that Jackson is.

Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are two former high draft picks that have shown very little so far.

The Redskins’ offensive line also has issues. Chris Samuels’ retirement leaves a large void at left tackle.

The right side is also weak with former Bills’ 1st round bust Mike Willams. Those weaknesses combined with McNabb’s diminished running skills will leave the Redskins struggling to protect McNabb.

The Redskins’ backfield is filled with aging veterans Clinton Portis, Willie Parker, and Larry Johnson, who have all seen their best days.

There’s no doubt that McNabb will help the Redskins. However, McNabb’s days of carrying an offense like he did early in his career are far behind him. With less to work with, McNabb may find the going tougher in Washington than in Philly.

But there is another factor: new head coach Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan has a history of working well with quarterbacks. The prime example of course is John Elway, who had a similar reputation as McNabb with respect to the “can’t win the big games” tag.

Shanahan took over for Dan Reeves, who was strikingly similar to Andy Reid, especially from a control perspective. Reeves controlled Elway like Reid controlled McNabb.

When Shanahan took over, he released the shackles on Elway and turned the “can’t win a big game bust” into a 2 time super bowl winner.

If Shanahan can manage McNabb slightly differently than the over-bearing Reid, he may unlock what we all think has been missing from McNabb.

There is no doubt this is the thinking Shanahan made when he decided to trade for McNabb. Shanahan sees the similarities between the 2 situations and thinks that he can be successful with McNabb just as he was with Elway.

The telling moments will be how McNabb performs under pressure situations, like the 2 minute drill. If we see something like McNabb throwing 2 yard passes with 7 seconds left on the clock, then we will know it was probably McNabb who was at fault.

But if we see McNabb perform well under those circumstances after being “freed” by Shanahan, then we will know it was Reid and his slow in-game decision making that was at fault.

If there is a marked difference in McNabb’s performance under pressure situations, this trade would be considered a disaster for the Eagles. Not only because McNabb would prove that he wasn’t the problem, but because the problem would have been Reid all along, and Reid happens to still be with the team.

That would also mean that Kevin Kolb is likely to suffer the same fate as McNabb, ever struggling with clock management issues, and strange play calls from the sidelines with no play clock time left to react to on-the-field situations other than running the play called.

For those who always wanted to know whether the problem was McNabb or Reid, the stage is set perfectly to get your answer.

stuff associated with 610 makes us all dumber. that station is the worst.

tell g cobb to watch the tape of the Saints game. Kolb ran the 2 minute offense better than mcnabb ever has (led them to a FG before 1st half). The coach isn't the problem. He's the guy that won games with AJ Feeley, Koy Detmer, and Jeff Garcia. The problem has been traded
    crazypjfan wrote:
    You waste entirely too much time on two crappy teams and organizations:)

Also, those Eagles receivers had a good qb throwing to them. I bet the Redskins receiving corps can do just as good, with the exception of Devin jackson being a bit better and younger than Moss.
    hr.

you'll be surprised how accurate kolb is.

go back to your cowboys thread...lotta action in that right now. oh, wait...

and who the fuck is devin jackson???
    The Fixer wrote:

don't believe everything you read or hear on sports radio. we have no idea if that oakland deal was on the table. personally I don't believe a word these athletes/GMs say. and most of the rumors online are posted to gain website traffic...there is little factual info in any of this stuff we all read. not saying you're right or wrong about the oakland rumor, but we can't act like that offer was legit. none of us know. what we do know is that the eagles got more than most of us thought they would.

the mcnabb-elway comparisons are ridiculous. I don't care how similar their stats are. elway was playing in super bowls, mcnabb kept losing NFC title games that his team was supposed to win (eagles were favorites in 4 of the 5 NFC games he played in)

1--then you cant tell me a deal was not in place then.

2--perfectly legit to refer to mcnabb as a poor man's elway at this point in his career.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

your baldinger quote yesterday occured on none other than.......610 wip. he then said the same thing on angelo's show this morning.

things both ways you have...no? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    should have shipped him to the raiders...even if it meant getting slightly less.

that's like a fat chick losing 10 pounds when she needs to drop 50. she's still fat[/quote]

you obviously don't understand my argument. i feel like i'm talking to my dog. stop pooping on my carpet man![/quote]

I get it man...you're upset that the eagles made the skins better. I'm saying you shouldn't worry about that...they didn't improve that much.

we can agree to disagree. the skins are picking in the top 5 this year for a reason. getting mcnabb doesn't solve all of their issues. and the draft won't either since they only have 1 pick in the top 4 rounds[/quote]

i guess we will have to agree to disagree then. i think with a stout defense, a pro bowl tight end saftey valve that don has loved having his whole career, drafting the best o lineman in the draft, and a halfway decent wr corps a pro bowl qb and a future hall of fame coach can turn things around. they're instantly a much better team and will be playoff contenders for the next 4 years...after sucking for the last 20.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

your baldinger quote yesterday occured on none other than.......610 wip. he then said the same thing on angelo's show this morning.

he actually said it on NFL network. I read it on an espn blog.

trust me, I don't listen to 610. most of the time they are talking about food, movies, or TV instead of sports. Satellite radio is way better
    The Fixer wrote:

2--perfectly legit to refer to mcnabb as a poor man's elway at this point in his career.

1 - read my first paragraph again...I said we don't know whether or not it was a legit offer

2 - you are crazy. elway never lost 4 AFC title games that he was favored in
    edited April 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    should have shipped him to the raiders...even if it meant getting slightly less.

that's like a fat chick losing 10 pounds when she needs to drop 50. she's still fat

we can agree to disagree. the skins are picking in the top 5 this year for a reason. getting mcnabb doesn't solve all of their issues. and the draft won't either since they only have 1 pick in the top 4 rounds[/quote]

i guess we will have to agree to disagree then. i think with a stout defense, a pro bowl tight end saftey valve that don has loved having his whole career, drafting the best o lineman in the draft, and a halfway decent wr corps a pro bowl qb and a future hall of fame coach can turn things around. they're instantly a much better team and will be playoff contenders for the next 4 years...after sucking for the last 20.[/quote]

they're still gonna suck. you're acting like they just traded for joe montana in his prime

Anyway, we should just end this debate and see what happens. it's evident that we don't agree...no need to force others to read through our stupid posts
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that's like a fat chick losing 10 pounds when she needs to drop 50. she's still fat

you obviously don't understand my argument. i feel like i'm talking to my dog. stop pooping on my carpet man!

i guess we will have to agree to disagree then. i think with a stout defense, a pro bowl tight end saftey valve that don has loved having his whole career, drafting the best o lineman in the draft, and a halfway decent wr corps a pro bowl qb and a future hall of fame coach can turn things around. they're instantly a much better team and will be playoff contenders for the next 4 years...after sucking for the last 20.[/quote]

they're still gonna suck. you're acting like they just traded for joe montana in his prime[/quote]
    no. i am acting like they traded for a top 10 qb in his prime to go along with a future hall of fame coach.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

trust me, I don't listen to 610. most of the time they are talking about food, movies, or TV instead of sports. Satellite radio is way better

i heard him say it on the 610 mid day show and then on angelo's show the next morning. he's a regular contributer to both of those shows.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - read my first paragraph again...I said we don't know whether or not it was a legit offer

2 - you are crazy. elway never lost 4 AFC title games that he was favored in

1- there is no way for you or i to know it was a legit offer. you or i do not have any nfl league sources. at least i dont. but adam schefter does. and he's the one who reported it. he's also the one who broke the skins trade story. he's one of the most trusted nfl reporters out there.

2-i've acknoweledged that he is not as good as elway, hence the "poor man's" comment. but if you were to select the one current qb who most closely resembles elway 11 years into his career right now, it will be none other than.....donovan mcnabb. throw in the fact that his new coach is now the coach that pushed elway to greatness....well, you can see what i'm getting out. this should not be that difficult.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you obviously don't understand my argument. i feel like i'm talking to my dog. stop pooping on my carpet man!

they're still gonna suck. you're acting like they just traded for joe montana in his prime

Anyway, we should just end this debate and see what happens. it's evident that we don't agree...no need to force others to read through our stupid posts[/quote]

i consider my posts to highly intelligent. other's should be gratefull they are able to read them.
    your's on the otherhand.... :lol::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    the mcnabb-elway comparisons are ridiculous. I don't care how similar their stats are. elway was playing in super bowls, mcnabb kept losing NFC title games that his team was supposed to win (eagles were favorites in 4 of the 5 NFC games he played in)[/quote]

2--perfectly legit to refer to mcnabb as a poor man's elway at this point in his career.[/quote]

2 - you are crazy. elway never lost 4 AFC title games that he was favored in[/quote]

1- there is no way for you or i to know it was a legit offer. you or i do not have any nfl league sources. at least i dont. but adam schefter does. and he's the one who reported it. he's also the one who broke the skins trade story. he's one of the most trusted nfl reporters out there.

2-i've acknoweledged that he is not as good as elway, hence the "poor man's" comment. but if you were to select the one current qb who most closely resembles elway 11 years into his career right now, it will be none other than.....donovan mcnabb. throw in the fact that his new coach is now the coach that pushed elway to greatness....well, you can see what i'm getting out. this should not be that difficult.[/quote]

1 - schefter is great. he's also the one that broke the asanine story that the eagles traded mcnabb to the skins to prevent them from drafting bradfor, who is the epitome of a system qb.

2 - only thing mcnabb and elway have in common is they played 10+ years with one team and failed to win. if you want to say their career progression has been similar, fine I'll buy that. Mcnabb will never win a SB...I don't care if vince lombardi is coaching him

Anyway, we should just end this debate and see what happens. it's evident that we don't agree...no need to force others to read through our stupid posts[/quote]

i consider my posts to highly intelligent. other's should be gratefull they are able to read them.
    your's on the otherhand.... :lol::mrgreen:[/quote]

go bite off your hand despite your face
    things both ways you have...no? :lol:[/quote]

trust me, I don't listen to 610. most of the time they are talking about food, movies, or TV instead of sports. Satellite radio is way better[/quote]

i heard him say it on the 610 mid day show and then on angelo's show the next morning. he's a regular contributer to both of those shows.[/quote]

so you're an avid 610 listener. that explains a lot

I went to college with angelo's son neil. he even said that his dad is a complete jack ass on the radio and he can't listen to his show.
    The Fixer wrote:

trust me, I don't listen to 610. most of the time they are talking about food, movies, or TV instead of sports. Satellite radio is way better[/quote]

i heard him say it on the 610 mid day show and then on angelo's show the next morning. he's a regular contributer to both of those shows.[/quote]

so you're an avid 610 listener. that explains a lot

I went to college with angelo's son neil. he even said that his dad is a complete jack ass on the radio and he can't listen to his show.[/quote]

it explains a lot? most of the callers and hosts on that station have opposite opinions of mcnabb and this trade as i do. most of them, to be quite honest, feel as you do about it.
    i hate 610 as much as the next guy. only good show on there is the mid day and rob ellis at nights. i listen to cataldi when he he has a guest on. i actually work with cataldi's son in law. he's a douche too.
    www.myspace.com
    edited April 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    . Mcnabb will never win a SB...I don't care if vince lombardi is coaching him
    ----
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    the laziest sports argument of all time is "so and so will never win a championship..." huge pet peeve of mine.

team game, guy. a lot depends on coach, system, the rest of the team, luck, the other team you're playing etc etc etc etc etc etc.....

by the way, this leads us back to your 610 comment because you sound EXACTLY like cataldi and all his minions when you spout simple comments like that. :roll:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    ----
    the laziest sports argument of all time is "so and so will never win a championship..." huge pet peeve of mine.

team game, guy. a lot depends on coach, system, and the rest of the team.

by the way, this leads us back to your 610 comment because you sound EXACTLY like cataldi and all his minions when you spout simple comments like that. :roll:

mcnabb doesn't have the stones to play in big games. what good team did he ever beat in the playoffs? the answer is NONE.

I do agree that it's more than a QB that wins games. But you need a QB that doesn't pee sitting down too

this is fun. I tried to stop debating this shit, but I can't. I could do this until the season starts
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    ----

team game, guy. a lot depends on coach, system, and the rest of the team.

by the way, this leads us back to your 610 comment because you sound EXACTLY like cataldi and all his minions when you spout simple comments like that. :roll:mcnabb doesn't have the stones to play in big games. what good team did he ever beat in the playoffs? the answer is NONE

I do agree that it's more than a QB that wins games. But you need a QB that doesn't pee sitting down too

admit: you ARE angelo cataldi. you sound just like him. never beat a good team in the playoffs?!?!?

i think we should just end this conversation right now.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, this leads us back to your 610 comment because you sound EXACTLY like cataldi and all his minions when you spout simple comments like that. :roll:[/quote]

mcnabb doesn't have the stones to play in big games. what good team did he ever beat in the playoffs? the answer is NONE.

I do agree that it's more than a QB that wins games. But you need a QB that doesn't pee sitting down too[/quote]

admit: you ARE angelo cataldi. you sound just like him. never beat a good team in the playoffs?!?!?

i think we should just end this conversation right now.[/quote]

you say that but fail to name a team...you are aware that shitty teams can make it to the playoffs right?

and what's up with you putting those queer smiley faces in your posts? are you a chick?
    I do agree that it's more than a QB that wins games. But you need a QB that doesn't pee sitting down too[/quote][/quote]

Here are the QBs mcnabb has beaten in the playoffs. this list is actually really funny

Shaun King
    Brad Johnson
    Jim Miller/Shane Matthews (the infamous Hugh Douglas 'I jacked him up' game)
    Michael VIck
    Brett Favre
    Daunte Culpepper
    Michael Vick
    Tavaris Jackson
    Eli MAnning

yuck...
    The Fixer wrote:
    [/quote]

Here are the QBs mcnabb has beaten in the playoffs. this list is actually really funny

Shaun King
    Brad Johnson
    Michael VIck
    Brett Favre
    Daunte Culpepper
    Michael Vick
    Tavaris Jackson
    Eli MAnning

yuck...[/quote]

ya know there's 3 super bowl winners in there right angelo?
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    You too are funny jeags wanna make a bet that the skins finish below 500? And with that joke of an offensive line this might be mcnabbs last year. Jeags u give mcnabb way to much credit for last year. His stats will decline bigtime and chris cooloey is good but he's not better then celek.
    Go Birds!!!!

Shaun King
    Brad Johnson
    Michael VIck
    Brett Favre
    Daunte Culpepper
    Michael Vick
    Tavaris Jackson
    Eli MAnning

yuck...[/quote]

ya know there's 3 super bowl winners in there right angelo?[/quote]

of course. in the games vs these SB winners mcnabb was favored each time. then he lost to brad johnson in the eagles worst playoff loss of all time...leading to BJs SB win.

I'm sorry bro, I just don't see how you can defend this turd. I say good riddens
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:

I do agree that it's more than a QB that wins games. But you need a QB that doesn't pee sitting down too[/quote]

you say that but fail to name a team...you are aware that shitty teams can make it to the playoffs right?

and what's up with you putting those queer smiley faces in your posts? are you a chick?[/quote]

the Giants 2 years ago were the defending Super Bowl Champs and something like 11-5 that year and McNabb beat them on their home field - that's just off the top of my head.
    The Fixer wrote:
    i think we should just end this conversation right now.

Shaun King
    Brad Johnson
    Michael VIck
    Brett Favre
    Daunte Culpepper
    Michael Vick
    Tavaris Jackson
    Eli MAnning

yuck...[/quote]

ya know there's 3 super bowl winners in there right angelo?[/quote]

of course. in the games vs these SB winners mcnabb was favored each time. then he lost to brad johnson in the eagles worst playoff loss of all time...leading to BJs SB win.

I'm sorry bro, I just don't see how you can defend this turd. I say good riddens[/quote]

you've shown your true colors dude. you and all the other cataldi minions who booed him on draft day and complained about him similing on the field have your wish. he's not on the team anymore.

at least we have common ground in we both are eager to usher in the kolb era and proceed with the youth movement. time will tell if both teams will be better off. obviously nobody knows for sure right now.
    www.myspace.com
    you've shown your true colors dude. you and all the other cataldi minions who booed him on draft day and complained about him similing on the field have your wish. he's not on the team anymore.

at least we have common ground in we both are eager to usher in the kolb era and proceed with the youth movement. time will tell if both teams will be better off. obviously nobody knows for sure right now.[/quote]

you can compare me to whoever you want. bottom line is that he wasn't going to win here, so they traded him. honestly, I was a mcnabb supporter for the majority of his philly tenure. after the arizona game I was done. it was time for a change.

go read more g cobb stuff and listen to macnow talk about cheesesteaks on the great mid-day show you listen to. that dude doesn't even like sports

I don't cry about every move the eagles make...especially the ones that make sense.
This discussion has been closed.