THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I still believe that we trade mcnabb to the niners. Id trade mcnabb for sf 2nd round pick and sean hill. Then we can still try and trade vick or release him before we have to pay him the rest of his salary. I saw sal pals report that vick is off the block thats because once again are brilliant front office over values a guy and thinks other teams will just give us whatever we want for players. Ariz and Cle would have loved mcnabb at the price he's available at now but no we say he's not available and if he was it would cost u a 1st round pick. Now that we've shrunk the market he's on the block i keep scratchin my head at this.

arizona can still hop into this if they want to. reports said heckert and the browns were more interested in kob. but yeah singleterry is either pretty brilliant at this and is waiting for mcnabb's stock to fall even further...or he is delusional thinks he can win with alex smith. mcnabb makes them a playoff contender overnight. good defense. great young wr and te....solid rb. that team will be a beast with donny mac and will instantly become my 2nd favorite team ala the '98 minnesota vikings (fuck you gary anderson).............damn it, saying all that makes me think we should just keep him! this is so frustrating.

i think vick's gonna be back either way. if we keep him for another year and he walks in '11 we get a 3rd rounder as compensation. so assuming no team offers something around that now, we're better off holding onto him for another year.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm all for change but I hope we're ready to take a few steps back next year (ie no playoffs)

Most Iggle fans think we're gonna pick right up where we left off and be a 10 win team out of the shoot with Kolb
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'm all for change but I hope we're ready to take a few steps back next year (ie no playoffs)

Most Iggle fans think we're gonna pick right up where we left off and be a 10 win team out of the shoot with Kolb
    I see 9-7,8-8 at worst with kolb in the 1st year. Kolb is a great fit for andys west coast offensive he ll be hitting celek and d-jack like crazy
    Go Birds!!!!

50/50 chance. he could be bobby hoying or he could be aaron rogers. my buddy at work who is a draft geek and records EVERY eagles game. re-watched the 2 starts he had last year and said he had about 13 balls batted down in those two games. he is extremely immobile so its important we give him time to throw. he would have been sacked about 10 times in that dallas playoff game with the kind of protection our line was giving 5.

i'm open to the change though (but i am of the camp that says reid should have been the one to go and not donovan). the main problem on this team is it's defense. as i've said a bunch of times, if the oline is cohesive kolb just has to be average with all the weapons we have to put points on the board. gotta wait and see what happens on the defensive side though...
    www.myspace.com
    Sheldon brown and gocong to the browns for something not yet decided all depending on sheldon singing a new deal
    Go Birds!!!!
    Done brown and gocong for andy hall a 4th and a 5thrd pick
    Go Birds!!!!
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Per Derrick Gunn:
    after talking to several league sources a few hours ago ...,dont rule out the possibility, that kevin kolb, and not mcnabb could be the one traded....

I have had it with this organization. They got garbage for Brown. But hey...as long as Banners contract was extended we will continue to be the gold standard :roll:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Per Derrick Gunn:
    after talking to several league sources a few hours ago ...,dont rule out the possibility, that kevin kolb, and not mcnabb could be the one traded....

I have had it with this organization. They got garbage for Brown. But hey...as long as Banners contract was extended we will continue to be the gold standard :roll:

well thanks for stopping by - feel free to go cheer for the Cowboys. god forbid the organization gets rid of players over 30. I mean they've been so wrong on every player over 30 they've gotten rid of over the past 10 years. You probably had the same reaction when they got rid of Lito as well. Wait until the draft and all other changes are made before ripping on their moves - they arent' done yet.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    pjhawks wrote:
    Per Derrick Gunn:

well thanks for stopping by - feel free to go cheer for the Cowboys. god forbid the organization gets rid of players over 30. I mean they've been so wrong on every player over 30 they've gotten rid of over the past 10 years. You probably had the same reaction when they got rid of Lito as well. Wait until the draft and all other changes are made before ripping on their moves - they arent' done yet.

I'm not one to rip this team often, and I say this with the ought most respect....

Dude, you gotta get off your knees.

gotta feel good for brown that he gets paid. he earned it after last year. i wish we would have held onto him. he's not the best corner in the word but he's a hitter and that is what we are lacking in the secondary now. taylor mayes or that dude from texas needs to be on this team come april 22nd. i'd like to see us just stockpile on all the best defensive players on the board for most of our picks.

i'm relatively okay with ellis hobbs starting next year assuming he is healthy. this will mean we'll have both of the pats starting corners from that 19-1 team.

someone told me that we are going to parlay the 4th rounder for seattle's starting right guard.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    Per Derrick Gunn:

totally agree. the fucking draft hasn't even happened yet. people need to chill.

brown was terrible last year (I know he was hurt and he set a career high in INT). he got toated 20 times in the chicago game...he was lucky that jay cutler sucks ass.

they asked him to move to safety and he said he wanted to stay at corner. don't let the door hit you in the ass sheldon

gotta feel good for brown that he gets paid. he earned it after last year. i wish we would have held onto him. he's not the best corner in the word but he's a hitter and that is what we are lacking in the secondary now. taylor mayes or that dude from texas needs to be on this team come april 22nd. i'd like to see us just stockpile on all the best defensive players on the board for most of our picks.

i'm relatively okay with ellis hobbs starting next year assuming he is healthy. this will mean we'll have both of the pats starting corners from that 19-1 team.

someone told me that we are going to parlay the 4th rounder for seattle's starting right guard.

earl thomas - beast.

they will load up on defense in the draft. need some o-line help too
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    McNabb to the Redskins? IN THE DIVISION??? Risky.

(Worked out for the Patriots with Bledsoe to the Bills years ago, though ... not that Kolb is Brady.)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    What the hell?????? McNabb to the Redskins? Don't make too much sense for our part.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    apparently i owe jammingpearls a big apology. apparently the eagles are dumber than i thought.

WHAT THE FUCK????
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    How do make that trade to a division rival??

And that question goes to both teams.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    apparently i owe jammingpearls a big apology. apparently the eagles are dumber than i thought.

WHAT THE FUCK????
    OMG WOW
    Go Birds!!!!
    I'd be shocked if he dosen't get traded. Adam Schefter says there as he calls it team X out there that dosen't wanna be known. Cause they already have a starter,sounds like a team like mia or Jac to me. This next idea is my crazy brain thinking to much and i completely except the jeags to kill me for it. Trade mcnabb are 1st rd pick and late rd pick to.............. Wash for there number 4 pick so we can draft eric berry. I know its crazy but it's a thought. Crazy and probably dumb as hell but i'd think about it.
    If they were gonna listen to me at least do the trade i suggested for the last 2 weeks.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I 100% thought it was time for McNabb to go but had a feeling the Eagles would screw the deal up. They proved me right. I wish we could trade the entire franchise for a different one. I'd be thrilled to never hear the names Banner, Lurie and Reid ever again.
    I can't believe eagles fans are bitching about this deal. the eagles had no trade leverage and still got a high second round pick.

Is anyone really scared to face mcnabb twice a year? I'm not. And obviously Andy Reid isn't.

They got better by making this trade and that's all that matters
    A much bigger trade has to be in the works to move up with all theses picks.
    Go Birds!!!!
    A much bigger trade has to be in the works to move up with all theses picks.

not necessarily. the top 5 picks in round 2 are generally the most valuable draft picks. Teams get first round talent for 2nd round salary cost.

They probably won't use all 11 picks in one year, so they definitely could be moving up though

regardless, andy reid seems to have a plan. as always

they did well with this trade...it's more than I thought they'd get
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

WHAT THE FUCK????
    LMFAO

THIS post made my day
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Wow!! I didn't expect it this soon, and to the Skins none the less. 2010 will be interesting for the Eagles. I'm happy and sad at the same time. #5 will be missed, but change is good.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    As a Cowboys fan, I hoping to never see McNabb again. Fuck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wow!! I didn't expect it this soon, and to the Skins none the less. 2010 will be interesting for the Eagles. I'm happy and sad at the same time. #5 will be missed, but change is good.

personally, i think the wrong change was made.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    imalive wrote:
    As a Cowboys fan, I hoping to never see McNabb again. Fuck.

Well you still get to see him twice a year.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    moe.ron wrote:
    Wow!! I didn't expect it this soon, and to the Skins none the less. 2010 will be interesting for the Eagles. I'm happy and sad at the same time. #5 will be missed, but change is good.

As do I. Piss poor trade but one of my boys from back in the day is absolutley pumped, biggest Cuse and Skins in the world. Skins are getting shit done, going to be a different team next year.
    The Eagles have something else up there sleeve. there either gonna trade up in the draft or make a trade for someone decent. Kolb will be alot better then everyone thinks when given the opportunity to actually play. I except anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 this season. Kolb will throw to Celek and d-Jack all the time.Celek will become a monster with Kolb,this combo will be nasty for years to come. Relax peeps the time has come to turn the page and i think the ending will be alot better then everyone thinks.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    moe.ron wrote:

I agree too, but McNabb was getting older, and the team was not getting Superbowl rings. What are we going to do with all of those draft picks?? I don't see Philly in the playoffs this year, and there will be a lot of rebuilding years. It's going to be a very young team. We shall see. Sucks all of this going on and football season isn't for what, another 6 months!
This discussion has been closed.