THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    on that note jeags, should he root for the orioles, and ravens, but no nhl and nba teams? i forgot the fraud rules for not having a hometown team. hehe.

should who root for whaaaa?

no idea what you're talking about
    sorry i just slipped in that my wife was pregnant two posts up, and was wondering which teams my son is supposed to root for to not be a fraud. His mom like(d) the Pats and now supports the Ravens, loves the Sawx, and Penguins (a high school friend played for them), and his dad (me) likes the Cowboys, Brewers, Pens (just b/c of mom and NHL '94), and is relatively malleable for the NBA (if anyone Mavs/Heat just because everyone else hates them). So my question is does he have to choose Ravens and Orioles and have no NHL/NBA team?

oh..hahah...was kinda drunk last night. missed that. looks like ravens and orioles for that kid. nba--the wiz are on your local broadcasts down there right? i would go for them. nhl? ....nashville predators.

congrats by the way!
    www.myspace.com
    also, if i am andy reid i am flat out asking for a fine at my presser today. he has got to do more to get the league's attention on these illegal hits on vick.

birds actually got some help with the pack and bears losing yesterday...plus rogers might miss a game or two now

go vikings!
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    thanks...ravens I might be fine with, but he'll be a fraudulent motherfucker in the other three leagues. poor kid never had a chance. Also, i just looked up the difference between philly and d.c. and philly is 95 miles away, while dc is 50. Interestingly i'm pretty sure i can get to a game at the sports complex in philly faster than a game at the verizon center. However in retrospect, given my beverage consumption during those 4 days, I also can't believe I drove to Philly and back 4 times in 5 nights last October...def worth it though.
  • Any news on Graham ? I'd be shocked if it isn't a torn ligament or 2

Defense is shaky enough now with losing guys it's not looking good

Fixer - As you say...CHAD HALL - AIDS
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Any news on Graham ? I'd be shocked if it isn't a torn ligament or 2

out for the year. torn acl--just heard. that is really rough.

the d was finding its groove a few weeks ago then the dominoes started falling and are continuing to fall.

but as bad as everyone thinks we are, consider this: we're 12th in total defense right now. believe it or not the saints were 25th last year and won the super bowl. saints were 1st in offense last year, we're first right now. it's an offensive league. every team has warts. hopefully samuel is 100% next week and by some miracle stu is ready to play come playoff time. asante is the most important cog to that side of the football.....getting a bye somehow would be huge.

winning the turnover battle wins games. we lead the league in takeaway/giveaway....saints were 3rd in the league last year.

edit--all that said, i will admit we are awful in the red zone. that must improve.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm not really into sports betting, but I'm an actuary, and if you need 4 bets to win, you better be getting 16-1 odds or you're getting ripped off.

Exactly. It's hard enough to win one game betting on the NFL. I want my odds of winning to be as favorable as posssible.

the d was finding its groove a few weeks ago then the dominoes started falling and are continuing to fall.

but as bad as everyone thinks we are, consider this: we're 12th in total defense right now. believe it or not the saints were 25th last year and won the super bowl. saints were 1st in offense last year, we're first right now. it's an offensive league. every team has warts. hopefully samuel is 100% next week and by some miracle stu is ready to play come playoff time. asante is the most important cog to that side of the football.....getting a bye somehow would be huge.

winning the turnover battle wins games. we lead the league in takeaway/giveaway....saints were 3rd in the league last year.

edit--all that said, i will admit we are awful in the red zone. that must improve.

those yardage rankings mean absolutely nothing.

sucks graham is out. hopefully he can be ready for training camp.

PP, chad hall is indeed AIDS...especially in the red zone. I don't get it
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just saw the front page of yahoo

running around in teh end zone, getting a unsportsman like conduct penalty. classic. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

those yardage rankings mean absolutely nothing.

sucks graham is out. hopefully he can be ready for training camp.

PP, chad hall is indeed AIDS...especially in the red zone. I don't get it

:lol:
    fixer has his own stats.

how bout the vikings game flexed to 8 in a couple weeks? the birds live in prime time this year.
    www.myspace.com

fixer has his own stats.

haha. I just think there are too many variables that go into determining how a team unit performs. injuries, score, ability to score on STs, etc. the rankings don't take all of that stuff into account. Like you said, the saints defense wasn't highly ranked last year and they won it all...mostly because they were opportunistic with turnovers.
    The Fixer wrote:

fixer has his own stats.

haha. I just think there are too many variables that go into determining how a team unit performs. injuries, score, ability to score on STs, etc. the rankings don't take all of that stuff into account. Like you said, the saints defense wasn't highly ranked last year and they won it all...mostly because they were opportunistic with turnovers.

true...but its something tangible to start with. we all agree the secondary has been pretty weak and they're ranked 17th vs the pass. but most would agree they've been decent against the run, and they're 11th.

the takeaway/giveaway stat, to me, is the most important one in the game though.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, if we win this division with 11 wins, i would think we have an excellent shot at the 2 seed and a 1st round bye which would be great with bradley hoping to come back.

bears and pack: i can easily see them going 1-2 and 2-1 respectively putting them both at 10-6. both of them losing yesterday was an early xmas gift....

saints and falcons might both finish with 11 or 12 wins but one of them will be the wild card.

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • See that Giants game (or at least the highlights)? Eagles are a FAR superior team than NY. But I don't need to tell you guys that.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    See that Giants game (or at least the highlights)? Eagles Suck. But I don't need to tell you guys that.

Fixed 8-)
    See that Giants game (or at least the highlights)? Eagles Suck. But I don't need to tell you guys that.

Fixed 8-)

It's gonna be a war on sunday. Eagles have owned the giants recently. When was the last time the giants beat the birds?? 2007?
    When was the last time you won a SuperBowl...?

I guess that's an easy way to shut an eagles fan up. Can't really say anything.

That said, you can't hide the fact that your team has been OWNED in this series recently
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    The Fixer wrote:

That said, you can't hide the fact that your team has been OWNED in this series recently

Yeah, but making these douches act like this is better than a Super Bowl. This is god damn priceless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ
    The Fixer wrote:

Yes they have, This is the GAME OF THE YEAR, should be Great!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but making these douches act like this is better than a Super Bowl. This is god damn priceless...

Must be from Jersey.
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, I remember that clip. the best part is the chick making the vagina sign.

Wasn't there the Hitler clip after that game too? I remember him spouting off about eli in german.

can't wait for sunday
  • We have a lot of fraud Giant fans where I work

You know the kind...mainly just Philly haters...and wear their Giants Jersey only when they win

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • how bout the vikings game flexed to 8 in a couple weeks? the birds live in prime time this year.

Yeah, I'm gonna freeze my damn ass off at that game. At least it won't be Favre's 300th. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    how bout the vikings game flexed to 8 in a couple weeks? the birds live in prime time this year.

Yeah, I'm gonna freeze my damn ass off at that game. At least it won't be Favre's 300th. :mrgreen:

sold that one back in september. cowboys and playoffs are all i have left...playoffs?! :shock:
    www.myspace.com
    eagles resign derrick burgess...about 5 seasons too late. these injuries are crazy.

pats cut him before the season. good move, i guess. not a lot of options at this point.
    www.myspace.com
    eagles resign derrick burgess...about 5 seasons too late. these injuries are crazy.

pats cut him before the season. good move, i guess. not a lot of options at this point.

I just heard this too. yuck
    chaney is starting at middle lineback and desean jackson missed practice due to a swollen foot (someone rolled over on it during a punt return sunday)---he may not practice at all this week.

:x
    www.myspace.com
    so i guess i want to root for the Eagles this week....head to head is the first tie breaker for a bye week? right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    so i guess i want to root for the Eagles this week....head to head is the first tie breaker for a bye week? right?

yup. do you see the bears winning 2 more?

if rogers is back, i see them beating minny and losing thei last 2...
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

yup. do you see the bears winning 2 more?

if rogers is back, i see them beating minny and losing thei last 2...

Bears have vikings (road), jets (home) and green bay (road) to finish the season.

they should beat the vikings.

jets is winnable. they are playing like crap lately

green bay is winnable.

no reason the bears shouldn't win at least 2 if not all 3.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.