THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think the giants win on sunday. hate to say it, but I do

Yeah me too

I see a rough game for Vick...hopefully he gets out in one piece

This game is a tough spot

I just think the defense is going to come up very small, as well as special teams, and you can't lose 2/3 of the game.

yeah, the defense is what scares me too. And I agree that hopefully vick doesn't get killed.

Reid teams usually play well in december. and they never lose to the ginas. I wouldn't be shocked if they won, but I think they lose a close one this week. 37-31
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    The Fixer wrote:
    Yeah me too

I see a rough game for Vick...hopefully he gets out in one piece

This game is a tough spot

I just think the defense is going to come up very small, as well as special teams, and you can't lose 2/3 of the game.

yeah, the defense is what scares me too. And I agree that hopefully vick doesn't get killed.

Reid teams usually play well in december. and they never lose to the ginas. I wouldn't be shocked if they won, but I think they lose a close one this week. 37-31

50/50 is where I put their chances, so yeah, easily could go either way. And I don't feel as bad about it with the upcoming schedule and Green Bay and Chicago losing.
    The Fixer wrote:

50/50 is where I put their chances, so yeah, easily could go either way. And I don't feel as bad about it with the upcoming schedule and Green Bay and Chicago losing.

yeah, that minn game looks like an easy win now. would sure be nice to get that first round bye. huge game on sunday.

I was just looking at the NFL schedule for sunday. why are there 2,000 games at 1:00 and only 3 at 4:00? I never understood this. they should balance it out
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, that minn game looks like an easy win now. would sure be nice to get that first round bye. huge game on sunday.

I was just looking at the NFL schedule for sunday. why are there 2,000 games at 1:00 and only 3 at 4:00? I never understood this. they should balance it out

i think because the 4's are broadcast to a wider audience. it's more of the national game so they try to schedule the better ones late and get stuck wth whatever whatever the west coast games are.

the reason we are at 1 is because the jets are at 4. jets and giants never play at the same time and i guess cbs somehow had dibs on this one.

this is going to be a very tough game. i'm happy about the giants playing on a short week.

losing will pretty much mean a frist round bye is out of the picture though....which we reeeeally need with how banged up we are.
    www.myspace.com

the reason we are at 1 is because the jets are at 4. jets and giants never play at the same time and i guess cbs somehow had dibs on this one.

If that is true (which I have a hard time believing), I had no idea.

you're def right about the wider audience for 4:00 games. sucks for gambling purposes
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    The Fixer wrote:

you're def right about the wider audience for 4:00 games. sucks for gambling purposes

the 'national' 4 o'clock game switches from CBS to Fox each week - so one week Fox gets the top 4 o'clock game and one week CBS will get the top 4 o'clock game. I guess this is CBS' week.

speaking of tv - anyone else notice that the Eagles have been the highest rated game on like every channel this year. Eagles-Bears, Eagles-Colts and Eagles-Cowboys all have been the highest rated games of the year in their time slots.
  • Is it bad that I'm more excited about Eagles-Giants than I am about Pats-Packers this weekend?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Is it bad that I'm more excited about Eagles-Giants than I am about Pats-Packers this weekend?

i appreciate your interest in the philadelphia eagles. this statement, however, makes me want to refer you to the fraud thread.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

remember the birds beating the giants during the greatest weeke ever? it was the 2nd time the giants/jets played at the same time in 25 years due to the world series a few hours later...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... ain__.html
    www.myspace.com
  • Is it bad that I'm more excited about Eagles-Giants than I am about Pats-Packers this weekend?

i appreciate your interest in the philadelphia eagles. this statement, however, makes me want to refer you to the fraud thread.
    :lol: I'm about the furthest thing from a fraud as you can get. You know where my true allegiances lie, but playing a Matt Flynn-led Packer team just doesn't get my blood pumping the way the last few weeks have for the Pats.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Is it bad that I'm more excited about Eagles-Giants than I am about Pats-Packers this weekend?

:lol: I'm about the furthest thing from a fraud as you can get. You know where my true allegiances lie, but playing a Matt Flynn-led Packer team just doesn't get my blood pumping the way the last few weeks have for the Pats.

ha...i hear ya

how do you go into the season with mike flynn as your back up?
    www.myspace.com

I love andy reid

now excuse me while I run to put down a huge bet on dallas
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

I love andy reid

now excuse me while I run to put down a huge bet on dallas

I just laid the hammer on the cowgirls. I bought a half point and locked them in at -5.5. I just checked the line again and it is already up to 7.

JP, I owe you one.
    edited December 2010

I'm sick of hearing on tv about "poor mcnabb, he gets a bad wrap" blah blah blah....ummmm, HELLO? Maybe he isn't that fucking good anymore. I guess these people believe in magic and unbelievable coincidence. Because it's always everyone else around him, yet he's the constant factor. Crazy how much of a pass this guy gets...

Anyway, on to Sunday, and thinking about it more and more, I just don't like our D. At. All. Bradley out, some small MLB calling the defense, hobbled secondary. Don't like it.

But what I do like is Reid is better than anybody at correcting mistakes, and I gotta believe the pass protection and running the ball will be much improved - I know I know, the latter is funny to say.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Wow, the whole country is picking the Giants, including you guys. The books are gonna clean up with this one :D
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • booomm11 wrote:
    Wow, the whole country is picking the Giants, including you guys. The books are gonna clean up with this one :D

hey man...fixer is like Jimmy the Greek in his hey day you better listen
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    booomm11 wrote:

not lately since college football is over...the NFL is tough. I don't like the game. If I had to bet I'd probably take the g-men (though I would never, under any circumstances, bet against the eagles).

I won't be betting this game...hopefully the birds can figure out a way to get a win
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

not lately since college football is over...the NFL is tough. I don't like the game. If I had to bet I'd probably take the g-men (though I would never, under any circumstances, bet against the eagles).

I won't be betting this game...hopefully the birds can figure out a way to get a win

okay jimmy! yeah Reid has to keep Vick's jersey clean in the passing game, start off with the 1st play bomb as usual ;) but after that, attack with some quick short to intermediate throws. (No more 10 step drops!) IMO the birds don't use Avant enough, think he's a great possession wr. Oh and feed Shady
  • Wait, you guys don't feel good about this weekends matchup with the Giants? I think Eli makes a whole bunch of mistakes per usual and the Eagles trot to victory. Nobody's stopping Jackson and Maclin at this point.
    booomm11 wrote:

okay jimmy! yeah Reid has to keep Vick's jersey clean in the passing game, start off with the 1st play bomb as usual ;) but after that, attack with some quick short to intermediate throws. (No more 10 step drops!) IMO the birds don't use Avant enough, think he's a great possession wr. Oh and feed Shady

the offense should score points if vick doesn't get killed. it's the defense that I'm worried about
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

the offense should score points if vick doesn't get killed. it's the defense that I'm worried about

word
    Wait, you guys don't feel good about this weekends matchup with the Giants? I think Eli makes a whole bunch of mistakes per usual and the Eagles trot to victory. Nobody's stopping Jackson and Maclin at this point.

I feel pretty good about the game. Don't know about the trot part, I'm not confident we can stop them either
    booomm11 wrote:
    Wait, you guys don't feel good about this weekends matchup with the Giants? I think Eli makes a whole bunch of mistakes per usual and the Eagles trot to victory. Nobody's stopping Jackson and Maclin at this point.

I feel pretty good about the game. Don't know about the trot part, I'm not confident we can stop them either

Defense and special teams. I just feel like this is a game theyr're going to highly disappoint. Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • Not only is Mcnabb benched but Shanahan said that starting next week 5 will be the 3rd qb oh how the mighty have fallen.
    Go Birds!!!!
    booomm11 wrote:

Defense and special teams. I just feel like this is a game theyr're going to highly disappoint. Hopefully I'm wrong.

the giants kick and punt return teams stink dude. they are dead last in punt return avg/2nd to last in kick return avg.
    on the otherside they're also 2nd worse in opponet punt return average but good on kickoff averages though.

special teams should not scare you in this game. plus akers doesn't have to worry about his dreadful career at giants stadium.

i can go either way on this one....i'm actually starting to lean towards the birds (everyone is loving the g men right now). looking at playoff scenarios, we really have to win this game. kind of reminds me of the first dallas game last year. a win can net us the division/possible bye. a loss, could mean we end up on the outside looking in, even if we win the last two.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Watch this game end up 7-3 with 8 combined turnovers and 250 yards in penalties :lol:
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Giants play with a lot of intensity on the defensive side of the ball. Their offense pretty much relies on the Bradshaw/Jacobs duo. If you can stop them, then you can force Eli to make some mistakes (as a Giants fan, I gotta say that he's been pretty sloppy with the ball lately, and now that Steve Smith is out for the season, that's one less reliable guy to catch the ball).

I still like the G-Men in this one. If they cut down on turnovers and focus on defense, they could grind it out.

Still, you never know with Vick. The guy I'm playing in fantasy this week is starting him, and I'm praying to God that he doesn't have a big game.
    tcaporale wrote:
    The Giants play with a lot of intensity on the defensive side of the ball. Their offense pretty much relies on the Bradshaw/Jacobs duo. If you can stop them, then you can force Eli to make some mistakes (as a Giants fan, I gotta say that he's been pretty sloppy with the ball lately, and now that Steve Smith is out for the season, that's one less reliable guy to catch the ball).

I still like the G-Men in this one. If they cut down on turnovers and focus on defense, they could grind it out.

Still, you never know with Vick. The guy I'm playing in fantasy this week is starting him, and I'm praying to God that he doesn't have a big game.

eli and jacobs are both sloppy as hell with the ball. for such a big dude, jacobs runs like a pussy.

the giants d line is not a good matchup for the eagles shitty o-line. good thing for the birds is that vick is the great equalizer for that (just keep him in the shotgun so he can see the rush, right jeags :D )

the eagles will be going with a patchwork defense after losing 2 starters last week (though getting samuel back makes a world of difference...as long as he doesn't have to tackle).

it's gonna be a war. close game either way. I can't wait for sunday

also, I can't wait for fantasy football to be over with. yes, I play in 2 leagues and I'm in the semis in both leagues this weekend. I'm just so tired of hearing about other people's teams. FYI...people not in your league don't give a flying fuck about your fantasy football team
This discussion has been closed.