THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    i LOVE lesean mccoy.

I will love him even more if he busts a 50 yarder for the cover. Deja vu from the giants game.

did you really buy this down to 2.5?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    You guys are so hate filled. I love it.

i love lesean mccoy
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i was so close to hitting my weekly 4 game parlay pool and took the bengals instead of the cowboys (which actually has a shot at 3.5). chargers, pats, and jax were fairly easy hits - F.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    BALL. GAME.

Gotta start thinking about New York right...........................now.
    RW81233 wrote:
    i was so close to hitting my weekly 4 game parlay pool and took the bengals instead of the cowboys (which actually has a shot at 3.5). chargers, pats, and jax were fairly easy hits - F.

that's why parlays are sucker bets. you go 3-1 and lose money. if you bet those games straight you would be a happy guy right now
    good game...i wonder how the dallas defense can look competent for 3 quarters then just suck ass for the 4th? just not good enough methinks.
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

that's why parlays are sucker bets. you go 3-1 and lose money. if you bet those games straight you would be a happy guy right now
    nah it's a pool, you have to take 4. if you hit it once a season you come up even usually because the winner(s) split the pot. i already did that. but you are right i've gone 3-1 about 6 times this season.
    BALL. GAME.

nice win. not the cleanest game, but I'll take it. Hopefully Bradley and Graham aren't out too long. neither of those injuries looked good
    RW81233 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

nah it's a pool, you have to take 4. if you hit it once a season you come up even usually because the winner(s) split the pot. i already did that. but you are right i've gone 3-1 about 6 times this season.

low risk, high reward. love parlays.......4 teamers are quite insane though :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    bradley isn't going to be to promising, but you gotta worry about d-jacks foot too.
    The Fixer wrote:
    BALL. GAME.

nice win. not the cleanest game, but I'll take it. Hopefully Bradley and Graham aren't out too long. neither of those injuries looked good

Wait. I was studying while watching - what happened to Graham? I gotta think Bradely's might be for the season. Dislocated elbow - yikes.
    RW81233 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

low risk, high reward. love parlays.......4 teamers are quite insane though :mrgreen:

significantly diminishes your odds of winning money. we've been through this, we obviously disagree. I will never do a parlay...ever
    The Fixer wrote:
    BALL. GAME.

Wait. I was studying while watching - what happened to Graham? I gotta think Bradely's might be for the season. Dislocated elbow - yikes.

knee. he couldn't put weight on it while leaving the field. not good
    And I gotta say, parlays are definitely not low risk, high reward. Jeags, is this why we don't need you in the housing market? :mrgreen:
    oh yeah the first bet i ever made was 25 bucks on Florida and the Over against UMD in the Sugar Bowl, and the U and the under against Nebraska in the Rose Bowl. Hit the first easy, then Miami missed a FG and an Extra Point, plus pulled off the gas up 30-7 in the 2nd half to win 37-14 and hit an under with a 55 point total....in regular gambling i hide from parlays though.
  • Huge win i love beating Dallas,next week we clinch the division. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

significantly diminishes your odds of winning money. we've been through this, we obviously disagree. I will never do a parlay...ever

they're fun dude. obviously it diminishes your chances. pays out though. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    And I gotta say, parlays are definitely not low risk, high reward. Jeags, is this why we don't need you in the housing market? :mrgreen:

ha...depends how you look at it...no juice on parlays dude. obviously you gotta win 2 games, i'm just talking about the juice though. pays out 2.5% usually.

this is assuming your bookie is not a total dick, obviously :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    oh yeah the first bet i ever made was 25 bucks on Florida and the Over against UMD in the Sugar Bowl, and the U and the under against Nebraska in the Rose Bowl. Hit the first easy, then Miami missed a FG and an Extra Point, plus pulled off the gas up 30-7 in the 2nd half to win 37-14 and hit an under with a 55 point total....in regular gambling i hide from parlays though.

gotta be smart with parlays and teasers etc...
    www.myspace.com
    stu out till playoffs per reid...pending mri tomorrow.

he seemed to be playing much better lately too. big loss.
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

If I go 1-1 I'd rather be even than down money
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

If I go 1-1 I'd rather be even than down money

like we've said before, to each his own. you gotta be smart and judicious with these exotic bets.

still fun to risk a little to win a lot with a couple plays though. makes things more intense.
    www.myspace.com
    i haven't bet in a few years, other than this pool and FF, but a parlay or two can't hurt things. as jeags says they are fun, especially when you hit with a few. it's weird, before i made money gambling was fun, now it's not as fun...of course with a little one on the way there's less incentive to wager.
    on that note jeags, should he root for the orioles, and ravens, but no nhl and nba teams? i forgot the fraud rules for not having a hometown team. hehe.
    RW81233 wrote:
    on that note jeags, should he root for the orioles, and ravens, but no nhl and nba teams? i forgot the fraud rules for not having a hometown team. hehe.

should who root for whaaaa?

no idea what you're talking about
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    good win but injuries destroying what was alredy a shaky defense. bradley looks to be done. going to have to win like the Arizona Cardinals the past few years and score 30-40 every night. luckily we have so many weapons. keep those weapons healthy and we got a shot against anyone but fear any kind of run in the playoffs might be going out the window with the injuries to the defense. if samuels doesn't come back or only plays a game or two it could get really ugly

why is it so darm hard for the NFL officials to call the blatantly obvious personal fouls against the other teams? Two more horrible mis-calls. Bad enough Cole get's his face almost ripped off and missing the face mask but at worst there you have to call holding. and the vick out-of-bounds play was horrible again. we need to start acting like the raiders and start punching other teams if the refs aren't goint to call it. we should have slugged that guy on our bench. and how is it possible that we have the best receiving core in the game and no one ever touches us after 5 yards or interferes with us? hard to believe harry. officiating is so bad in the NFL right now but really seems like we are getting the negative end of the stick with them.

season comes down to next week. win and the division should be a virtual lock. lose and going to have sweat out lots of tie-breaker scenarios.
    RW81233 wrote:

should who root for whaaaa?

no idea what you're talking about
    sorry i just slipped in that my wife was pregnant two posts up, and was wondering which teams my son is supposed to root for to not be a fraud. His mom like(d) the Pats and now supports the Ravens, loves the Sawx, and Penguins (a high school friend played for them), and his dad (me) likes the Cowboys, Brewers, Pens (just b/c of mom and NHL '94), and is relatively malleable for the NBA (if anyone Mavs/Heat just because everyone else hates them). So my question is does he have to choose Ravens and Orioles and have no NHL/NBA team?
  • I'm not really into sports betting, but I'm an actuary, and if you need 4 bets to win, you better be getting 16-1 odds or you're getting ripped off.

D-JackOff is an amazing idiot. That play was just sick.

The p-foul they did call on Vick was obvious helmet-to-helmet contact, which is textbook 15-yd penalty if done on the QB. The late hit out of bounds - well I don't think it was actually a penalty, but it is always called, and not just on QB's. I'm so sick of these damn refs fucking the Eagles over.

Nice that the Ginas get a short week before playing the Birds.

I love that Andy Reid has such a great winning pct vs. Dallas. He's the Eagles all-time coach just for that. Love beating those fuckers, even if they suck!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I'll take the W! Birds defense scares the shit out of me though...

When's the last time DJack did anything positive in the return game? Couple Years!?! More risk then reward at this point imo
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    RW81233 wrote:

I used to do a lot of 4 team parlays at $5 or $10 each. It paid me pretty well over the years even if I only hit 1 out of every 5. The payout on a typical $5 parlay can be $50-$75 depending on spread or money line bets.

Big fan of the parlay!
This discussion has been closed.