THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    if i can get this at 3.5 i think i'm gonna hop on the birds. not a big play though. i just haven't been totally impressed with the giants this year. lot's of holes in that team and they've only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (jags/bears). our d is banged up, but if we can force 2 turnovers (quite easy to do against these guys) i see us winning outright. plus, i think chaney looked decent against the run last week. boss will probably have himself a day, but if we stop the run, eli's gonna screw up.

loved how we put the dallas game away on the ground last week. let's do more of that and do it earlier sunday. keep those safeties honest, open up the deep ball.

and yes, it now appears all you guys were right about the donnie trade. looks like i was wrong. since the extension i was waiting to see who they would add in the off season to replace the slop they surrounded 5 with. but after this latest humiliation, there's no way he's coming back. i said before he looks like he's aged about 10 years since last season. doesn't help matters that he's playing with guys most of us never heard of before but he just looked like a completely different qb this year.

and hey, if me being wrong means we ended up on top with this one, i'll take it any day of the week :mrgreen: . just sucks we won't get that 3rd rounder.....also, thank god nobody wanted vick last summer. i think we'd be lucky to have 7 wins at this point with the kolber under center.

sunday cannot come soon enough gentlemen--- GO BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited December 2010
    if i can get this at 3.5 i think i'm gonna hop on the birds. not a big play though. i just haven't been totally impressed with the giants this year. lot's of holes in that team and they've only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (jags/bears). our d is banged up, but if we can force 2 turnovers (quite easy to do against these guys) i see us winning outright. plus, i think chaney looked decent against the run last week. boss will probably have himself a day, but if we stop the run, eli's gonna screw up.

loved how we put the dallas game away on the ground last week. let's do more of that and do it earlier sunday. keep those safeties honest, open up the deep ball.

and yes, it now appears all you guys were right about the donnie trade. looks like i was wrong. since the extension i was waiting to see who they would add in the off season to replace the slop they surrounded 5 with. but after this latest humiliation, there's no way he's coming back. i said before he looks like he's aged about 10 years since last season. doesn't help matters that he's playing with guys most of us never heard of before but he just looked like a completely different qb this year.

and hey, if me being wrong means we ended up on top with this one, i'll take it any day of the week :mrgreen: . just sucks we won't get that 3rd rounder.....also, thank god nobody wanted vick last summer. i think we'd be lucky to have 7 wins at this point with the kolber under center.

sunday cannot come soon enough gentlemen--- GO BIRDS!!!

classy post dude. you and I are two in the same when it comes to being stubborn. At least you admit you were wrong. I am willing to do the same with vick. I didn't want any part of vick...for what he did to dogs and because I didn't think he was that good of a QB. well, now that the eagles are winning I have forgotten (mostly) about the dog stuff and reid has transformed him into a legit QB. I never saw it coming and I couldn't have been more wrong.

Moving on...I don't think you can compare jacobs/bradshaw to choice/jones. The cowboys run game is nothing close to what the giants can roll out there. especially now that the giant o-line is healthy. stoppping the run will be one of the keys to the game for the birds (especially with the giants injuries at WR). hopefully dixon and patterson can continue to play well. I am worried about the LBs holding up.

On my bookie's site the birds are -120 at +3. When lines are double juice that usually means there is a chance for the line to go up to 3.5. I'm with you, if I can get the birds at 3 or buy them to 4 then I will probably take them. I don't like the game, but since I will be watching it I will probably bet on it. Still can't believe there are 40 1:00 games this week...especially with so many quality games.

Definitely looking forward to this sunday more than any so far this year.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    In the HK voice...'andy reid, you are THE MAN!!'

http://www.csnphilly.com/12/17/10/bFran ... feedID=704
    The Fixer wrote:

...thought you didn't like that wip crew? :lol: only kidding. r frank knows his football.
    www.myspace.com
    soak it in...

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Eagles-Giants matchup.

1. Look for a game-changing play early: Eagles coach Andy Reid scripts his first set of plays for each game. The whole offensive side of the ball knows what they are going to do and can prepare for all of the plays. He loves to throw a long bomb or use a trick play in the form of a reverse or the like. Few teams manage to come up with a game-defining play on the first or second series like the Eagles do.

2. Get the ball in McCoy's hands: Reid does a masterful job of finding ways to get the ball to RB LeSean McCoy hands in space. McCoy is an explosive back who is most effective once he gets into space and can use his speed, acceleration and cutback skills. Other than the quarterback, no one touches the ball as many times as McCoy.

3. Crowd the box: Philadelphia defensive coordinator Sean McDermott knows the Giants are going to come at his defense with a smashmouth ground game. The Eagles' defensive front relies on quickness and agility to control gaps and penetrate to cause havoc in the backfield more than size and strength to control the point of attack. McDermott likes to use a lot of run blitzes and stunts to eliminate run lanes when facing a strong running team.

4. Expect a lot of nickel and dime packages: Losing MLB Stewart Bradley to injury for at least the next few weeks certainly is not good news for this defense. He has done a great job in both short running downs and obvious passing situations. However the Eagles choose to replace him, odds are they will need to use a lot of multiple personnel packages with five or six defensive backs when looking at obvious passing downs.

5. Matchup to watch: Philadelphia DE Trent Cole versus New York LT David Diehl: Cole has been the Eagles' most effective defensive lineman this year and leads the team with nine sacks. Rookie Brandon Graham has done an excellent job of relieving both Cole and Juqua Parker, but he is out for the year with a torn ACL. This means that Cole will spend more time on the field and it will be up to Diehl to use his size and long arms to try to control him.

6. Go vertical: Against the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night, Giants QB Eli Manning was 22 of 37 but averaged only 8.5 yards per reception and 5.2 yards per attempt, hardly numbers that scare most secondaries. He needs to take some downfield shots if the Giants hope to loosen things up in Philadelphia's secondary.

7. Get back into a rhythm: The Giants had to sit in Kansas City, waiting for a winter storm to break so they could fly into Minneapolis, but it never happened as the Metrodome roof collapsed. The game was delayed and they had to play the Vikings in Detroit on Monday night. Now they not only have to play on a short week but their bodies have to get accustomed to the new schedule.

8. Get pressure up the middle: Most quarterbacks like to step up in the pocket to avoid the pressure that generally comes from the outside. Michael Vick likes to scramble to the sides and extend the pocket laterally. The Giants have the personnel that can collapse the pocket with a strong interior rush as well as linebacker stunts up the middle. If their defensive ends can get upfield, but not too far up, they can contain Vick and limit his escape routes.

9. Look for New York's tight ends to play a major role: The Eagles will be without MLB Bradley, which will have an impact on their ability to match up with inside routes by bigger tight ends. Nickel and dime packages mean more coverage personnel, but they lack the size of most linebackers. TEs Kevin Boss or Bear Pascoe could have big games Sunday.

10. Matchup to watch: New York running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs versus Philadelphia LB Jamar Chaney: Bradshaw and Jacobs each ran for more than 100 yards Monday night against a stout Minnesota run defense. They give the Giants a great combination of size and strength as well as burst and elusiveness. Chaney will be stepping in as a starter for this game and needs to make sure he keeps his feet and legs clear and leverages the ball carrier.

Prediction:
    Philadelphia 20
    New York 24
    www.myspace.com
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Fixer wrote:
    also, I can't wait for fantasy football to be over with. yes, I play in 2 leagues and I'm in the semis in both leagues this weekend. I'm just so tired of hearing about other people's teams. FYI...people not in your league don't give a flying fuck about your fantasy football team
    Sorry, it was more of an offhand comment than anything, was just saying how good Vick can be any given week.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    The Fixer wrote:

...thought you didn't like that wip crew? :lol: only kidding. r frank knows his football.

And nothing else. He went off on this tirade about Utley sliding into second that injured him. I saw all these comments he made on Zolecki's facebook, and I couldn't help myself. I went off, just showing him up on everything he was saying.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    6a00d83451af4b69e20148c6d7ee0a970c-400wi
    The Fixer wrote:

And nothing else. He went off on this tirade about Utley sliding into second that injured him. I saw all these comments he made on Zolecki's facebook, and I couldn't help myself. I went off, just showing him up on everything he was saying.

well he's been an eagles beat writer for the last 25 years or something. he should should stick with that sport.

i've also heard him talk about loving springsteen and pearl jam actually. so, there's that :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    i see a 3 point game today. could go either way...

interesting stat: in the 9 games asante samuel has played opposing qb's have a 68.3 qb rating with a pick every 18.4 attempts. in the 4 he's missed? 104.3 qb rating with a pick every 26.2 attempts. thank god he's back today :clap:

realistically hold their rushing attack to around 120 yards, win the turnover battle, feed shady: win this game.

birds 20
    giants 17

BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

ha, I didn't even know he was on that station. NEVER listen to it under any circumstances
    i see a 3 point game today. could go either way...

interesting stat: in the 9 games asante samuel has played opposing qb's have a 68.3 qb rating with a pick every 18.4 attempts. in the 4 he's missed? 104.3 qb rating with a pick every 26.2 attempts. thank god he's back today :clap:

realistically hold their rushing attack to around 120 yards, win the turnover battle, feed shady: win this game.

birds 20
    giants 17

BIRDS!!!

gotta stop the run game. I think that's the biggest key today. I'm not feeling real confident that that happens.

hopefully they can go up threre and get a W. HUGE day today
    i hope pj hawk doesn't take offense to this....but i will be throwing on my 1992 authentic kelly green cunningham jersey, complete with the jb99 patch, at approximately 12:30 today. :lol:

GO BIRDS!!
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMA22xJEcQ

feels like an old school day....go birds
    www.myspace.com
  • Uh-oh...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    vick looks like the guy I thought they were getting...a few things

1 - patterson has been a disaster this half

2 - the eagles offensive line sucks

3 - the giants are blitzing on every passing down. vick needs to learn what an audible is. and how to read a defense pre snap (he especially stinks when he's under center). hey mike, they're doing the same fucking thing...bringing the blitz. you can't hold the ball for 5 seconds...read the fucking blitz and get rid of the ball

4 - that turnover at the end of the half is a killer. not looking good. time to start drinking...hopefully that will change our luck around :D
  • i hope pj hawk doesn't take offense to this....but i will be throwing on my 1992 authentic kelly green cunningham jersey, complete with the jb99 patch, at approximately 12:30 today. :lol:

GO BIRDS!!

Fashion police alter. haha.

24-10. So you're telling me there's a chance...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    andy reid is a moron for not challenging that play. what the fuck do you have to lose? fucking think on your feet you idiot.

go lions/ravens at this point.

unreal.
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    oh well, the birds are full of rookies and 2nd, 3rd stringers today.

think Reid took the G Men as well, crazy!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    atta way mike!

LETS GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com
    atta way mike!

LETS GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getta stop!!!
    MICHAEL VICK IS A MONSTER!!!
    www.myspace.com
    BELIEVE IT MOTHER FUCKERS.

BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com
    FUCKIN HISTORICAL!!!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Kind of the Miracle at the Meadowlands & Brian Westbrook Game all together. Love Eagles @ Giants games!

BWAH HAHAHA :lol::D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    MICHAEL VICK IS A MONSTER!!!

vick played like shit today.

that was one for the ages. one of the best eagle wins I've ever witnessed. deja wu from the westbrook punt return up there a few years ago.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    YEAH BABY. FNEW YORK = 1st CLIFF LEE NOW GIANTS TOTALLY CHOKE. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOLY BLEEPING BLEEPING - MY BOY JACKSON TAUNTS THEIR FANS THEN TAKES IT TO THE END ZONE YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    I knew this was gonna happen. Our defense always gives up that one big long play. I wish we get you in the playoffs. If we make it.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I knew this was gonna happen. Our defense always gives up that one big long play. I wish we get you in the playoffs. If we make it.

tampa losing hooked you guys up. if GB loses tonight you are in good shape
This discussion has been closed.