THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    haha....settle down dude. simmer.

looks like justice is out and samuel missed the last couple practices.

not good.
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    pjhawks wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    I don't understand why people have to be so critical of what others wear. So somebody wears a jersey to the Acme - BFD. Maybe they like the way it looks. People walk out of the house in pajamas these days, go to church in sweat pants, just generally look like slobs, so people wearing jerseys is the least of our concerns.

Amen, who gives a shit :D

because it's a message board and i like to type up thoughts sometimes, sue me. no worse or different than commenting on teams and games. don't like my comments don't read them or comment on them.

and just for good measure, people who wear shorts when its 30 fn degrees are dopes.

I wore shorts yesterday, only because I had a basketball game and it was a short walk to the gym from my car. Is that cool?? :)
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • booomm11 wrote:
    I wore shorts yesterday, only because I had a basketball game and it was a short walk to the gym from my car. Is that cool?? :)

Make sure your outfit is preapproved by pjhawks. A daily PM will do. :lol:

jk dude, take it easy. :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    booomm11 wrote:

gym to car and car to gym is fine. if have to go anywhere else before or after basketball put on long pants/sweats. even if pumping gas or running into wawa you look like a giant dbag in shorts when it's 30 degrees. sorry you do. i don't make the rules i just follow them. feel free to ask me my opinion on anything else and i will surely pass my wisdom along. i do aim to help the less fortunuate :D
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    booomm11 wrote:

approval not needed but if you wear something dumb or innapropriate i will feel free to comment on it.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Good Lookin hawk! I have one, dude's wearing ugg's. Super Douche

Let's go Birds!!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

approval not needed but if you wear something dumb or innapropriate i will feel free to comment on it.

how would you know what we're wearing if we don't send you a pm or something though?

i think pj hawks needs his own fashion thread in here. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    a little knowledge for you, courtesy of scouts inc, for your football friday. soak it in....

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Eagles-Cowboys matchup.

1. Improve in the red zone: The Eagles are dead last in red zone defense, letting opponents score at a 79 percent clip. Meanwhile, their offense has converted on only six of 16 red zone chances. The Eagles need to find a way to stop opponents in the red zone if they hope to go deep in the playoffs.

2. Extend the pocket and go vertical: Philadelphia QB Michael Vick is forcing secondaries to stay in coverage for a longer period with his ability to extend the pocket and buy time. His scrambling ability lets the receivers run more complicated or deeper routes as the play gets extended. It also forces pass-rushers to come under control as they don't know where the pocket will end up from play to play.

3. Play smart football: The Eagles have five games in which they've committed 10 or more penalties, including last Thursday night against the Houston Texans. Such sloppy play ends up giving the opponent a huge advantage.

4. Get the ball in McCoy's hands: Philadelphia RB LeSean McCoy leads the Eagles in rushing with 823 yards as well as receiving with 67 catches. Coach Andy Reid is very innovative in how he gets the ball in McCoy's hands. Look for a lot of screen passes to give McCoy a chance to run with the ball in the open field.

5. Matchup to watch: Philadelphia DE Trent Cole versus Dallas LT Doug Free: Cole leads the team with nine sacks and does a good job of squeezing the play and leveraging his way to the ball when defending the run. He is explosive off the ball and shows excellent upfield acceleration and the ability to counter when blockers anticipate his upfield speed. Free has done an excellent job of protecting QB Jon Kitna's blind side and knows how to use his long arms to control and steer opponents by the pocket.

6. Keep Vick in the pocket: Vick has improved as a pocket passer, but a major part of his game is making plays from an extended pocket or running with the ball when flushed. The Cowboys want to pressure the pocket on passing downs but don't want Vick to be making plays on the perimeter, so the defensive ends need to be sure to maintain leverage on Vick in order to keep him in the pocket.

7. Account for McCoy: Although the Eagles are far from a one-man show, there is no question McCoy gets more touches than anyone else other than the quarterback. The Cowboys need to make sure he is accounted for on each play, whether he is lined up on the perimeter as a slot receiver or in the backfield as a running back. Look for defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni to possibly assign one of his inside linebackers to spy on McCoy for pretty much the whole game.

8. Let Kitna manage the game: Kitna is a quality quarterback but there are limitations as to what he can do. He understands the game and knows what he can and cannot do and generally does a good job of avoiding costly mistakes. What coach Jason Garrett needs to do is keep the game plan within Kitna's limitations. Don't expect Dallas to extend the pocket and don't expect the vertical passing attack to be a major component of its game plan.

9. Rely on the running game: In last week's win over the Colts, Dallas had two running backs at, or near, 100 yards. Marion Barber was inactive with a calf injury and backup Tashard Choice responded with 100 yards on 19 carries; starter Felix Jones picked up 83 yards on 22 carries. The Cowboys should continue to emphasize this kind of power ground game.

10. Matchup to watch: Dallas LB DeMarcus Ware versus Philadelphia LT Jason Peters: Ware is leading the Cowboys with 9.5 sacks and will rush the pocket from either side or even from up the middle. He generally comes from the right side and will be facing Peters, who is a massive lineman with long arms and a lot of natural power.

Prediction
    Philadelphia 24
    Dallas 21
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    samuel and justice both out tomorrow night. I think this is smart. If they're not 100%, sit them. Next week's game is more important.
    The Fixer wrote:
    samuel and justice both out tomorrow night. I think this is smart. If they're not 100%, sit them. Next week's game is more important.

yeah but every game at this point means so much...especially a division/conference game. that said, it would not shock me to see the giants lose to the vikings.

expect to see celek providing help all day long again. gotta respect what he's done for the good of the team this year.

i absolutely love the over in this game.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah but every game at this point means so much...especially a division/conference game. that said, it would not shock me to see the giants lose to the vikings.

expect to see celek providing help all day long again. gotta respect what he's done for the good of the team this year.

good point about celek.

I'd have trouble betting a birds total (tough to hope the other team scores or hope the birds don't score). I will be hitting the birds heavily....hopefully with my bookie's money.

I'm not scared of jon 'say a prayer' kitna. say a prayer for that religious freak and I hope someone breaks his leg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    i'm guilty, I wear an eagles jersey when I go to games.

I don't have a good explanation, but out of the 4 philly teams, an eagles jersey is the only jersey that I would wear. I used to rock the black lindros jersey in college but now I realize what a tool I must have looked like.

The thing that drives me crazy is when people use 'we', 'our', 'us' to talk about the teams they root for. um, you're not on the team

i get wearing jersey's to a game somewhat, it's the people you see on game days (and now every business open on sunday's let's people wear jersey's) out and about wearing jersey's that drives me a bit insane. ok you're in the acme or wawa you don't need to have a jersey on at 9 am, we know it's game day and you don't need to prove your a fan.
    don't like the eagles; don't like the phillies; don't like the sixers; don't care about the flyers...............but you motherfuckers crack me up :lol: . I will never say you guys aren't passionate and/or opinionated :mrgreen: .

on a related jersey note, have you ever noticed at least half the people at colts games seem to be wearing jerseys :shock: ? they're fucking everywhere. maybe because it's indoors.... :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good point about celek.

I'd have trouble betting a birds total (tough to hope the other team scores or hope the birds don't score). I will be hitting the birds heavily....hopefully with my bookie's money.

I'm not scared of jon 'say a prayer' kitna. say a prayer for that religious freak and I hope someone breaks his leg

yeah i hear you. but totals with the birds don't bother me tooo much. when betting the over you think both teams will score a lot anyway. so early points by either team don't bother me. then you just have to worry about winning outright.....then if it's 10-6 at halftime i figure i lost already and don't care about it anymore :mrgreen:

i wish i was as confident as you about today. we should definitely win but asante means so much to that defense. we've seen what happens when he is out. and king dunlap will be protecting vick's blind side. those are two pretty big injuries for the eagles.

i kind of see this being tight going into the fourth. maybe a late td and birds win by 10?...i'd buy it down to 2.5 if possible to be safe though.

such a big game. having a few people over. got a case of yards sampler. ordering a shitload of wings. some big games at 4 too.......gotta love this time of year.

crazy about the metrodome huh?
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:

Vikes looking even better with the change of venue.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i would LOVE to see them play at univ of minn's place tomorrow night....-20 wind chill. might also play at the superdome....this is nuts. i'd hate to have tickets to that game.
    www.myspace.com

yeah i hear you. but totals with the birds don't bother me tooo much. when betting the over you think both teams will score a lot anyway. so early points by either team don't bother me. then you just have to worry about winning outright.....then if it's 10-6 at halftime i figure i lost already and don't care about it anymore :mrgreen:

i wish i was as confident as you about today. we should definitely win but asante means so much to that defense. we've seen what happens when he is out. and king dunlap will be protecting vick's blind side. those are two pretty big injuries for the eagles.

i kind of see this being tight going into the fourth. maybe a late td and birds win by 10?...i'd buy it down to 2.5 if possible to be safe though.

such a big game. having a few people over. got a case of yards sampler. ordering a shitload of wings. some big games at 4 too.......gotta love this time of year.

not having samuel sucks, but the dallas receivers don't scare me. double austin and make roy williams beat you. I can run backwards faster than that turd runs normally. witten always seems to kill the birds, but samuel wouldn't be covering him anyway.

jon kitna. enough said
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, that homefield advantage in detroit should really help them :?
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, that homefield advantage in detroit should really help them :?
    Made that post before the NFL annouced it's decision and there was talk of playing outside. Guess that really wouldn't help Minnesota anyway.
    #FHP
    The Fixer wrote:

not having samuel sucks, but the dallas receivers don't scare me. double austin and make roy williams beat you. I can run backwards faster than that turd runs normally. witten always seems to kill the birds, but samuel wouldn't be covering him anyway.

jon kitna. enough said

those are the same receivers that destroyed us with samuel and brown last year.

i hear ya on the gritty kitty. he has looked decent this year though. but, yeah, he's due for a john kitna game.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

jon kitna. enough said

those are the same receivers that destroyed us with samuel and brown last year.

true. hopefully mcdermott has learned from those last two debacles last year. and jon kitna's involvement should help things for the birds.

Eagles getting some help today. GB and chicago losing helps. Now they gotta take care of business tonight.
    GO BIRDS
    www.myspace.com
  • GO BIRDS
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Go Birds!!!!
    everyone in the stadium knew that bomb to jackson was coming on the first play. still can't stop it.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    that was gross ... bradley prolly done for year?
    LATE HIT! LATE HIT! COME ON YOU SONS OF BITCHES! BULLSHIT :x :x :x :x :x :x
    www.myspace.com
    chad hall in the goal line package again this week. I don't get it

herremans...get some
    There's your bullshit PFoul. haha, the first one was way worse, but the announcers are right brady and manning would have gotten both.
    eh i guess helmet to helmet...i've seen less get called this year.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    RW81233 wrote:

That was a bullshit call. It was a textbook tackle and they used it to make up for the sideline hit.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

That was a bullshit call. It was a textbook tackle and they used it to make up for the sideline hit.

I agree 100%. does anyone even know what a penalty is in this league anymore? I know I don't

Also, how the hell was that ruled a catch??? the ball hit the fucking ground
This discussion has been closed.