THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• I'm hoping for another offensive showcase from Vick this week in Dallas. I see them winning this game by 3 scores.

i think we have them at a great spot. for some reason i'm not as confident as you and fixer. 3-4 defenses always give us fits....
    Yes, but the game is on turf and Peyton Manning made horrible decisions all game last week and they still scored 35 points on Dallas. I don't see Philly scoring any less than 35 points.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm hoping for another offensive showcase from Vick this week in Dallas. I see them winning this game by 3 scores.

i think we have them at a great spot. for some reason i'm not as confident as you and fixer. 3-4 defenses always give us fits....
    Yes, but the game is on turf and Peyton Manning made horrible decisions all game last week and they still scored 35 points on Dallas. I don't see Philly scoring any less than 35 points.

the dallas defense scored 14 of those points.

just sayin
  • The Fixer wrote:
    the dallas defense scored 14 of those points.

just sayin

What does that have to do with the 35 points Indy scored? Oh, I guess you'd say to net out 14 from the 35, so Indy's offense effectively scored 21 (or less, didn't they score on a blocked punt?). Whatever.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mike vick...leading the way in pro bowl voting. what a story.
    www.myspace.com
  • mike vick...leading the way in pro bowl voting. what a story.

Imagine if they go to ATL for a playoff game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    mike vick...leading the way in pro bowl voting. what a story.

yup...then cap things off in dallas in january :shock:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    Interesting thoughts about attending nfl games by Rick Reilly. Jaegs I'm sure you will enjoy his comments on jerseys. Never understood the fascination with wearing a teams' jersey but whatever...enjoy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5867055
  • mike vick...leading the way in pro bowl voting. what a story.

yup...then cap things off in dallas in january :shock:
    I'm with you guys until the Super Bowl against the Pats. I love this Eagles team, but blood is thicker than water. Then it's time for Andy Reid to get a football stuffed down his throat like a cheesesteak by Gisele's husband.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'm with you guys until the Super Bowl against the Pats. I love this Eagles team, but blood is thicker than water. Then it's time for Andy Reid to get a football stuffed down his throat like a cheesesteak by Gisele's husband.

will you cheat us again?
  • pjhawks wrote:

will you cheat us again?

Cameras are at the ready.

pjhawks wrote:
    Interesting thoughts about attending nfl games by Rick Reilly. Jaegs I'm sure you will enjoy his comments on jerseys. Never understood the fascination with wearing a teams' jersey but whatever...enjoy

Rick Reilly is a dork. His articles are a waste of space

No offense to FF, but I hate the fact that the eagles have gained 'fans' because of michael vick.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

maybe so but the articles does pretty much describe 75-85% of moron eagle fans with their jerseys out each sunday like they are a part of the team.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

maybe so but the articles does pretty much describe 75-85% of moron eagle fans with their jerseys out each sunday like they are a part of the team.

haven't read the article....but the jersey wearing thing is clearly not a phenomen known just to eagles fans. (happens a lot at citizens bank park for phils games now too).
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

No offense to FF, but I hate the fact that the eagles have gained 'fans' because of michael vick.
    Sorry man. I just really like this team. It's not just Vick. I love Jackson and Maclin, McCoy. I never liked McNabb, and I have forgiven Vick for past transgressions over time. I just enjoy watching exciting football and that's what the Eagles play.
    pjhawks wrote:
    will you cheat us again?
    I guess I deserve that posting in your thread and all. You guys still think you were cheated in that game 7 years ago? I thought you guys had resigned yourself to the fact that McNabb choked.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    not sure it's a fair article, but has a lot of basis in fact.

moral of the story, don't show support for the oppenent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    not sure it's a fair article, but has a lot of basis in fact.

moral of the story, don't show support for the oppenent.

how often do you think rick reilly really sits in those sections? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm guilty, I wear an eagles jersey when I go to games.

I don't have a good explanation, but out of the 4 philly teams, an eagles jersey is the only jersey that I would wear. I used to rock the black lindros jersey in college but now I realize what a tool I must have looked like.

The thing that drives me crazy is when people use 'we', 'our', 'us' to talk about the teams they root for. um, you're not on the team
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm guilty, I wear an eagles jersey when I go to games.

I don't have a good explanation, but out of the 4 philly teams, an eagles jersey is the only jersey that I would wear. I used to rock the black lindros jersey in college but now I realize what a tool I must have looked like.

The thing that drives me crazy is when people use 'we', 'our', 'us' to talk about the teams they root for. um, you're not on the team

to me, only old school jersey's are okay and only on game days. i would feel odd wearing some dude's name on my back who is half my age.

i say "we" and stuff all the time. it's my city damn it! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    i'm guilty, I wear an eagles jersey when I go to games.

i get wearing jersey's to a game somewhat, it's the people you see on game days (and now every business open on sunday's let's people wear jersey's) out and about wearing jersey's that drives me a bit insane. ok you're in the acme or wawa you don't need to have a jersey on at 9 am, we know it's game day and you don't need to prove your a fan.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    will you cheat us again?
    I guess I deserve that posting in your thread and all. You guys still think you were cheated in that game 7 years ago? I thought you guys had resigned yourself to the fact that McNabb choked.

It seemed to fit perfectly together, the way the Eagles defense was so awesome in the 1st quarter, then all-of-a-sudden couldn't stop the Patriots at all. Like, somehow, the Pats knew what D the Eagles were gonna play. Just my opinion.

That game still stings. It's worse because the '03 Panthers were all juiced up (well, the whole NFL probably is, but they got caught). Such a Lost Era.

pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    i'm guilty, I wear an eagles jersey when I go to games.

i get wearing jersey's to a game somewhat, it's the people you see on game days (and now every business open on sunday's let's people wear jersey's) out and about wearing jersey's that drives me a bit insane. ok you're in the acme or wawa you don't need to have a jersey on at 9 am, we know it's game day and you don't need to prove your a fan.

haha, that's funny shit. I agree with you there

In the David Puddy voice...'gotta support the team'
  • I don't understand why people have to be so critical of what others wear. So somebody wears a jersey to the Acme - BFD. Maybe they like the way it looks. People walk out of the house in pajamas these days, go to church in sweat pants, just generally look like slobs, so people wearing jerseys is the least of our concerns.

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I don't understand why people have to be so critical of what others wear. So somebody wears a jersey to the Acme - BFD. Maybe they like the way it looks. People walk out of the house in pajamas these days, go to church in sweat pants, just generally look like slobs, so people wearing jerseys is the least of our concerns.

Amen, who gives a shit :D
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    I don't understand why people have to be so critical of what others wear. So somebody wears a jersey to the Acme - BFD. Maybe they like the way it looks. People walk out of the house in pajamas these days, go to church in sweat pants, just generally look like slobs, so people wearing jerseys is the least of our concerns.

yeah. don't see the isssue here at all. especially if it's on game days.
    www.myspace.com
    back to football....

i'd really like to see us get back to the running game. we've gotten away from it over the last few games. teams are playing both saftey's deep out of respect to our deep ball. so this naturally should open things up with our running game and should also free up mccoy and celek over the middle in the passing game. i'd also like to see us utilize jerome harrison more.

our game plans the last few weeks have been lacking imo but big red is money with extra time to prepare. make it happen andy!
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    booomm11 wrote:

yeah. don't see the isssue here at all. especially if it's on game days.

Exactly. Who'd thought sports could build a sense of community, and that be a bad thing? :roll:

Nothing wrong with wearing jerseys. There is a problem with wearing a #3 Eagles jersey with "Iverson" on the back to a Phillies game. Now you're talking people who are lower than dirt.
    booomm11 wrote:

because it's a message board and i like to type up thoughts sometimes, sue me. no worse or different than commenting on teams and games. don't like my comments don't read them or comment on them.

and just for good measure, people who wear shorts when its 30 fn degrees are dopes.
    high_horse.jpg

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    high_horse.jpg

:lol:

and people who post pictures on the internet of anything other than hot chicks are dopes.
    and people who like nova are dopes. so you are 2 for 2 today jaegs. but feel free to call people fraud fans all you want, that's not being on your high horse at all now is it? typical nova fan dbag and hypocrite.
This discussion has been closed.