THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    booomm11 wrote:
    you'll see me around!

It's crazy Andre Johnson didn't get suspended...

no way goodell was suspending one of the league's best players for a prime time game on the NFL's TV station.

johnson could have killed finnegan on the field and he would have been allowed to play this week.

If a fight like that happened in the NBA people would have been going apeshit. the NFL gets a free pass with everything.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Vick&Co. are gonna rip up the Texans tomorrow night. I want to see that swagger back.

There's my guy. :thumbup:
    And I gotta say, this was my first chance back on here in days. Amazing. Gotta love these Philly threads! :clap:
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    you'll see me around!

no way goodell was suspending one of the league's best players for a prime time game on the NFL's TV station.

johnson could have killed finnegan on the field and he would have been allowed to play this week.

If a fight like that happened in the NBA people would have been going apeshit. the NFL gets a free pass with everything.

NBA players can't fight for shit, they're hilarious to watch
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    booomm11 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    you'll see me around!

NBA players can't fight for shit, they're hilarious to watch

tennis players. they can fight.
    www.myspace.com
    better yet... high divers. those dudes are like pit bulls
    booomm11 wrote:
    better yet... high divers. those dudes are like pit bulls

no pun intended :) like trent cole & DJack in their post game interview's
    absolute must win tonight. no excuse for losing this one. i think we bounce back and put up a lot of points. texans should light up the scoreboard as well, especially with parker out and samuel at least not 100%.
    i see a 33-27 birds win.

scouts inc's breakdown:

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Texans-Eagles matchup.

1. Be the fresher team: This is the Thursday night game and playing in Philadelphia is always difficult. But the Eagles looked like a tired football team last week and have played a tough stretch of games lately. Philadelphia is not turning the ball over much this season and it has been great at taking it away. And Houston's defense has been terrible at creating turnovers. As a whole, this is a terrible situation for the Texans -- on the road in a hostile environment. The Texans caused three turnovers last week, all interceptions by Glover Quin. Michael Vick threw his first interception of the season against Chicago. The Eagles do commit a lot of penalties, though.

2. Feed Andre: The Eagles have been tremendous at limiting the production of wideouts, and specifically, No. 1 wide receivers such as Andre Johnson. Johnson was tearing up the Titans before his ejection last week. On a national stage after that ejection, Johnson could be primed for a monster outing. Philadelphia gave up five plays of 30 or more yards to the Bears and must eliminate those big plays.

3. Get Vick to play fast: Rushing four or fewer against Vick has been suicide. Vick has also been lethal inside the confines of the pocket. It has not mattered how many pass-rushers the Texans bring at opposing quarterbacks, their pass defense has been horrid. There isn't one specific way to best defend Vick, but coming after him and making him process quickly and get the ball out before he wants to seems like the best method. But, his receivers are lethal after the catch and could turn a short pass into a long play, and of course, Vick can tuck the ball down and blow past the blitzers with his legs. The Texans had only one sack in Week 12 and may not be able to execute this formula.

4. Feed Foster: Arian Foster can hurt a defense in many ways and Houston will lean on him on the road. Led by Chris Myers and Wade Smith, the Texans' offensive line -- along with FB Vonta Leach -- is excellent at run-blocking. The Texans averaged 4.8 yards per carry gainst the Titans, while almost doubling Tennessee with time of possession. Foster can break free for long runs, but the Eagles have been very good in limiting breakaway rushes.

5. Matchup to watch: Texans RB Arian Foster versus Eagles MLB Stewart Bradley: Bradley looked to be back to full strength after his knee injury, but didn't move or play well against the Bears. Surprisingly, the Bears rushed for 131 yards and at a 4.7-yard clip against the Eagles. Foster is playing great every week and has a clear advantage over Bradley as a receiving option out of the backfield.

6. Help the corners: Philadelphia not only has excellent individual pass-rushers, but it is also an aggressive blitz team. But blitzing might prove difficult with the status of the team's corners. The Texans would be wise to further test that depth and force the Eagles to play a lot of nickel. Statistically, the Eagles have been stifling vs. the pass when they bring additional pressure, but if they can get there without blitzing, Matt Schaub might be in for a long day.

7. Hit Schaub: Somewhat quietly, Eagles DE Trent Cole is having as good of a season as any defensive player in the NFL. He had two sacks in Week 12. First-rounder Brandon Graham is also coming on in a big way. Schaub isn't the most mobile quarterback and has just average pocket presence. Foster caught nine balls last week en route to having a monster game and could be very useful out of the backfield against the presence of these defensive ends.

8. Show balance: Tennessee rushed for a measly 24 yards against the Texans last week, but Houston will not be able to stack the line of scrimmage against LeSean McCoy like they did against Chris Johnson. The Eagles have busted off a lot of long runs this year, but they can have a tendency to drift away from their ground game. That would be a mistake on Thursday night.

9. Keep Vick rolling: Even though it wasn't Vick's best or most dynamic game, he nearly led Philadelphia to a late victory and threw for 333 yards in Chicago. Vick should find many favorable matchups this week. The Eagles are also an excellent all-around screen team and will use any of their skill-position players as receivers in this regard.

10. Matchup to watch: Eagles wide receivers vs. Texans secondary: Houston might have the worst group of cover men in the NFL. Its secondary has been torched repeatedly this season. And now the Texans face one of the best set of wide receivers in the league in Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson. The Texans have been especially terrible against opposing tight ends, and Brent Celek's role seemed to expand last week. Philadelphia might be wise to feature him even more against Houston.

Prediction
    Houston 20
    Philadelphia 30
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I think it gets ugly tonight. Houston isn't gonna be able to stop the eagles. I could see houston scoring some early, but they won't be able to keep up.

44-27 birds

I'll be in the jeaglers penthouse tonight...freezing my balls off. I love this weather.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think it gets ugly tonight. Houston isn't gonna be able to stop the eagles. I could see houston scoring some early, but they won't be able to keep up.

44-27 birds

I'll be in the jeaglers penthouse tonight...freezing my balls off. I love this weather.

the view of i95 is lovely this time of year.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Texans, 27-23 :D
    asante's out again.
    parker's out again.

oh boy....points galore tonight for both teams.

cannot afford to lose this one....

GO BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The play of the game was when Celek reached to the 5-yard line for the first down late in the 4th quarter...on 3rd and 19!

I love Thurs. night football! Gives me a reason to have a few dozen beers :lol::lol:
    My god NFL Network's announcing is terrible.
    absolute must win tonight. no excuse for losing this one. i think we bounce back and put up a lot of points. texans should light up the scoreboard as well, especially with parker out and samuel at least not 100%.
    i see a 33-27 birds win.

34-24...bout what i expected tonight. without asante and parker again, you'd figure a quality offense would put up numbers and they did. defense stiffened in the 4th though. gotta start playing better in the red zone. 10 days to get those guys healthy for the stretch run.

vick is just insanely good. dude's gotta learn how to slide though. scares the hell out of me when he's running wild. i liked how they moved him to his right side early. lesean mccoy is having a helluva year. offensive line was really solid. better job in the red zone tonight too.....celek's awareness to get to the 5 was awesome. great challenge by reid. all in all: pretty good win.

but 11 penalties? this team is so undisciplined. gotta cut that shit out.

the over was quite the lock this evening. hey oh. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The play of the game was when Celek reached to the 5-yard line for the first down late in the 4th quarter...on 3rd and 19!

I love Thurs. night football! Gives me a reason to have a few dozen beers :lol::lol:

...few dozen? that is a yomen's effort :mrgreen: nice 6 pack for me tonight.

yeah i like it too. feels like the weekend comes early every week. good times
    www.myspace.com
  • Vick is so nasty. Love watching him play. Nice win Eagles.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Vick is so nasty. Love watching him play. Nice win Eagles.
    dude.. I love your avatar!! that movie is sooooo fucking hillarious! oh and hey.."you wanna go do Karate in the garage?!!?"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    i see a 33-27 birds win.

34-24...bout what i expected tonight. without asante and parker again, you'd figure a quality offense would put up numbers and they did. defense stiffened in the 4th though. gotta start playing better in the red zone. 10 days to get those guys healthy for the stretch run.

vick is just insanely good. dude's gotta learn how to slide though. scares the hell out of me when he's running wild. i liked how they moved him to his right side early. lesean mccoy is having a helluva year. offensive line was really solid. better job in the red zone tonight too.....celek's awareness to get to the 5 was awesome. great challenge by reid. all in all: pretty good win.

last night was about winning the game and getting out of the brutal stretch at 8-4. not real pretty but doesn't matter, win and get a long layoff. vick and mccoy playing great. at this rate no way vick doesn't get knocked out again. definitely way too many penalties and most of them are offsides and illegal movement. just terrible undisciplined football. thank god celek stretched for a 1st down on that play because he has sucked this year (although i think he might have a broken thumb or hand - he hurt it earlier in the season and hasn't been good at all, something to watch for when the season ends and he ends up having surgery or something).

what's worse, NFL Network broadcast and announcers or NFL officiating? Love how we got a penalty a month ago for trent cole literally rubbing one finger against Peyton Manning's helmet but we can't ever get a call on our quarterback who happens to take more hits than any one on the league. Refs last night missed 3 shots to the head to Vick and one to Schaub. What the hell is going on when one game its a finger touch is a penalty and another game 3 blatant smacks to the head aren't called? and the person who gave Matt Millen a tv job should resign or be fired immediately. if this is the best we can do it's a sad state of affairs in broadcasting. Millen has not one insightful thing to say. And Theissmann has a total FU you are making me work with Millen attitude like he can't believe he is stuck with this lousy job. just awful broadcast.
    pjhawks wrote:
    i see a 33-27 birds win.

last night was about winning the game and getting out of the brutal stretch at 8-4. not real pretty but doesn't matter, win and get a long layoff. vick and mccoy playing great. at this rate no way vick doesn't get knocked out again. definitely way too many penalties and most of them are offsides and illegal movement. just terrible undisciplined football. thank god celek stretched for a 1st down on that play because he has sucked this year (although i think he might have a broken thumb or hand - he hurt it earlier in the season and hasn't been good at all, something to watch for when the season ends and he ends up having surgery or something).

i wouldn't go so far to say celek has sucked this year. the injury has hurt him. but he has been used in max protect for much of the year due to the injury/problems with the line. that's a big reason for the decline in catches. he's a baller though. amazing catch for a td last week and that move last night was just headsy. yes, headsy. i'm not worried about celek.
    www.myspace.com
  • My god NFL Network's announcing is terrible.

I spent the whole 1st half trying to sync Verizon cable with 94.1. I never got it quite right because I couldn't get the game to pause for a short enough time, but it beat the hell out of listening to those morons.

How does Matt Millen have a job anywhere near a football field?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited December 2010
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

Play-Calling at times was atrocious

The Ugly :

Penalties...wow 11 more last night ??? :roll:

I don't trust this defense in a tight Playoff style game

Edit : Forgot the 7 drops in the end zone ! We're making these games closer than they should be
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • My god NFL Network's announcing is terrible.

I spent the whole 1st half trying to sync Verizon cable with 94.1. I never got it quite right because I couldn't get the game to pause for a short enough time, but it beat the hell out of listening to those morons.

How does Matt Millen have a job anywhere near a football field?

I agree...the main guy sounds like a zombie

The other 2 repeat themselves like a thousand times during the game

Every guy that makes a play on offense is the best at his position
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

The Ugly :

Edit : Forgot the 7 drops in the end zone ! We're making these games closer than they should be

every team is flawed. the d plays much better with samuel on the field...also parker was out last night too.

the long layoff will really help.

gotta start feeding shady the ball more. 10 carries is not enough. if anything, it will lighten vick's load and help him stay healthy...not to mention open up opportunities in the passing game.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i didn't watch the game, but just wondering, what did atlanta do with their safties? were they playing them deep like the Bears?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

The Ugly :

every team is flawed. the d plays much better with samuel on the field...also parker was out last night too.

the long layoff will really help.

gotta start feeding shady the ball more. 10 carries is not enough. if anything, it will lighten vick's load and help him stay healthy...not to mention open up opportunities in the passing game.

Yes, feed shady! Harrison as well
  • crazypjfan wrote:

that was definitely the play of the game! he knew he had the first down, too...THAT'S what makes a good football player...now if we could get him to CATCH THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE, and get rid of some of those damn penalties!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    Bizarro wrote:
    i didn't watch the game, but just wondering, what did atlanta do with their safties? were they playing them deep like the Bears?

atlanta's saftey's were probably at home watching on tv. houston's saftey's i believe tried to go deep cover 2 like the bears and ginas.....but their secondary as a whole is horrendous. we were able to throw the deep and intermediate routes on them.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bizarro wrote:

atlanta's saftey's were probably at home watching on tv. houston's saftey's i believe tried to go deep cover 2 like the bears and ginas.....but their secondary as a whole is horrendous. we were able to throw the deep and intermediate routes on them.

:lol:

that's right, it was houston. Foster had a nice game for my fantasy team, so it's all good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bizarro wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:

:lol:

that's right, it was houston. Foster had a nice game for my fantasy team, so it's all good.

nice. i have akers and the birds defense....money all year long
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.