THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    nice. i have akers and the birds defense....money all year long

I have Akers as well. He put up another 10 spot for me last night. Has been averaging 12.5 points over his last 6 games....solid!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

Play-Calling at times was atrocious

there's the reid hate. gotta love philly

ugly win, but I'm not complaining. I think most of the penalties were due to a tired team. They've played something like 4 games in 24 days. That stuff will self correct itself during this 10 day break.

celek's play was huge...for the win and more importantly for the cover :D
    booomm11 wrote:
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

The Ugly :

Penalties...wow 11 more last night ??? :roll:

I don't trust this defense in a tight Playoff style game

Edit : Forgot the 7 drops in the end zone ! We're making these games closer than they should be

every team is flawed. the d plays much better with samuel on the field...also parker was out last night too.

the long layoff will really help.

gotta start feeding shady the ball more. 10 carries is not enough. if anything, it will lighten vick's load and help him stay healthy...not to mention open up opportunities in the passing game.

Yes, feed shady! Harrison as well

houston has one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history!! and mccoy has been dinged up.

the play calling last night was fine. The only issue I had was giving the ball to a 5'3", 140 pound guy on the goal line. The wildcat is such a fucking waste...especially when you give it to the guy with the body of a 14 year old
  • Hello again,been a minute or so. Was at the game last night and enjoyed it but the play calling imo is bad. I just don't get why we don't run more,thankfully Hou is a pathetic Def. I love the play action even though we don't run enough for it do work. On the bright side Vick is in a league by himself with some of the stuff he does. The guy must have vaseline or butter on i swear. Shady Mccoy is a beast and needs at least 15 carries a game,he's turning into a true game changer. Our Def really misses a quality LB and safety back there. With Samuel at least u have a threat and without him Qb's are licking there chops. The pass rush was bad until the 4th quarter,Schaub had all day too throw and it really shows are faults. With the layoff hopefully we get healthy and come back hungry and rested. This team has alot of upside but the def will be are downfall in the end.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    Hello again,been a minute or so. Was at the game last night and enjoyed it but the play calling imo is bad. I just don't get why we don't run more,thankfully Hou is a pathetic Def. I love the play action even though we don't run enough for it do work. On the bright side Vick is in a league by himself with some of the stuff he does. The guy must have vaseline or butter on i swear. Shady Mccoy is a beast and needs at least 15 carries a game,he's turning into a true game changer. Our Def really misses a quality LB and safety back there. With Samuel at least u have a threat and without him Qb's are licking there chops. The pass rush was bad until the 4th quarter,Schaub had all day too throw and it really shows are faults. With the layoff hopefully we get healthy and come back hungry and rested. This team has alot of upside but the def will be are downfall in the end.

when you are playing the worst passing defense in the league you throw the ball. the rules are so set against the defense in the passing game so when you have bad pass defense you will eat them up. also when we line up in running situations with a running formation our run game sucks. mccoy's runs come out of the passing game where we fool them. we play the game pass to run, not run to pass. if we try and run the ball like the jets you will see lots of 3 and outs. also not sure if you've noticed but vick is awful when under center. routinely stumbling and/or losing handle on the ball.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    Hello again,been a minute or so. Was at the game last night and enjoyed it but the play calling imo is bad. I just don't get why we don't run more,thankfully Hou is a pathetic Def. I love the play action even though we don't run enough for it do work. On the bright side Vick is in a league by himself with some of the stuff he does. The guy must have vaseline or butter on i swear. Shady Mccoy is a beast and needs at least 15 carries a game,he's turning into a true game changer. Our Def really misses a quality LB and safety back there. With Samuel at least u have a threat and without him Qb's are licking there chops. The pass rush was bad until the 4th quarter,Schaub had all day too throw and it really shows are faults. With the layoff hopefully we get healthy and come back hungry and rested. This team has alot of upside but the def will be are downfall in the end.

when you are playing the worst passing defense in the league you throw the ball. the rules are so set against the defense in the passing game so when you have bad pass defense you will eat them up. also when we line up in running situations with a running formation our run game sucks. mccoy's runs come out of the passing game where we fool them. we play the game pass to run, not run to pass. if we try and run the ball like the jets you will see lots of 3 and outs. also not sure if you've noticed but vick is awful when under center. routinely stumbling and/or losing handle on the ball.

I understand all that,but were gonna get Vick killed throwing this much. Shady and even Harrison have showed that when given the chance they can get the job done. I was the biggiest Kolb backer around but Vick has clearly shown he's playing at another level,and if the play calling stays the same we'll see Kolb in sooner then later. And with the weather turning big time a running game needs to be established.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

Good points. I think 90% of mccoy's rush yards came on that trap out of the shotgun formation. He was getting 10 yards a carry on that play.

I was saying the same thing about the non-existent eagles pass rush. the only time schaub got touched was when cole got flagged for that BS personal foul.
    I understand all that,but were gonna get Vick killed throwing this much. Shady and even Harrison have showed that when given the chance they can get the job done. I was the biggiest Kolb backer around but Vick has clearly shown he's playing at another level,and if the play calling stays the same we'll see Kolb in sooner then later. And with the weather turning big time a running game needs to be established.

can't play game worrying about someone getting hurt. and vick takes a beating because of his scrambling not getting hit in the pocket. also 4 games in 18 days - he looked a bit slower last night. the 10 days off will be huge for this team's legs including vick's.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... NHeadlines

apparantly andy reid agrees with me on how our QB can take the most hits in the league and no one ever gets a penalty against us.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

ugly win, but I'm not complaining. I think most of the penalties were due to a tired team. They've played something like 4 games in 24 days. That stuff will self correct itself during this 10 day break.

Come on man you really need your Reid Goggles off once in awhile
    I don't see how you can defend Chad Hall even being on this team... you have a guy who runs hard and is bigger get what 3 carries? They do have a horrible pass defense but you still have to run the ball
    If for no other reason to protect Vick from more hits
    Brilliant call with that 3rd down with 3 minutes left the Texans have zero timeouts and he throws the ball
    The red zone play calling is an adventure as well
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawks wrote:

can't play game worrying about someone getting hurt. and vick takes a beating because of his scrambling not getting hit in the pocket. also 4 games in 18 days - he looked a bit slower last night. the 10 days off will be huge for this team's legs including vick's.
    Honestly I think the hits in the pocket are worse
    In the pocket you can't brace yourself and your more exposed to injury
    But this Reid argument about not running more is every year
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawks wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5879640&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

apparantly andy reid agrees with me on how our QB can take the most hits in the league and no one ever gets a penalty against us.

Seems like the league is very selective of what QB's deserve more protection than others...

Pittsburgh & Baltimore players have been talking about that this week too...
    Hines Ward and several other Steelers players argued the NFL wouldn't hesitate to fine a player who injured the Colts' Peyton Manning or the Patriots' Tom Brady, yet did nothing when Roethlisberger appeared to be roughed up by Buffalo's Arthur Moats and Marcus Stroud after being sacked Sunday. Replays of the hit appear to show Moats twisting Roethlisberger's right leg while he is on the ground.

Neither player drew a penalty or fine. Roethlisberger, who injured his right knee and foot, wore a walking boot on Wednesday, although he said he expects to play Sunday in Baltimore.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs took the unusual stance of agreeing with the rival Steelers during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters.

"The league has their favorites," Suggs said Wednesday. "One being in Indy [Manning] and one being with that team up north [Brady]. Besides those two, everybody is fair game. Like I always said, [the Bengals'] Carson Palmer got his knee hurt in 2005, but there was no rule made. Then Tom Brady got hit in the knee and all of a sudden there is rule and possible suspensions, excessive fines. It's just getting ridiculous."
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5879640&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

pjhawks and andy reid agree on something. shocking.
    www.myspace.com
    edited December 2010
    pjhawks wrote:

Honestly I think the hits in the pocket are worse
    In the pocket you can't brace yourself and your more exposed to injury
    But this Reid argument about not running more is every year

yup. and it's obviously not just this game--but even with this game, you had a huge lead right at the onset. that's when you should turn to the running game. we didn't, thus we didn't chew up the clock, thus we let them back in the game and had to muster a comeback in the 4th to win. shouldn't have had to come to that.

shady is averaging 5 yards a carry. he's 12th in the league in rushing. only one person ahead of him has less carries and he (jamal charles) split a ton of carries with thomas jones. the next guy has 26 more carries...and he splits carries too :lol: .

shady is a borderline beast in this league. we need to feed him the rock. it will keep our qb healthy, let the line get into a rhythm and keep the defense honest. hopefully this is not a conversation we have in january...yet again.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Good :

The Win

The Bad :

Come on man you really need your Reid Goggles off once in awhile
    I don't see how you can defend Chad Hall even being on this team... you have a guy who runs hard and is bigger get what 3 carries? They do have a horrible pass defense but you still have to run the ball
    If for no other reason to protect Vick from more hits
    Brilliant call with that 3rd down with 3 minutes left the Texans have zero timeouts and he throws the ball
    The red zone play calling is an adventure as well

chad hall. :lol: that's just us trying to get way too cute. eldra buckley got a carry in the first quarter too. eldra buckley. what? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    eagles didn't get any help today. sucks that chicago and new orleans were able to pull out wins. and the giants destroyed the horrendous redskins. that is one pathetic team down in the nation's capital
    The Fixer wrote:
    eagles didn't get any help today. sucks that chicago and new orleans were able to pull out wins. and the giants destroyed the horrendous redskins. that is one pathetic team down in the nation's capital

yeah no surprises though. half that skins team is on the ir or was out today. the bengals are the bengals. bears were up against a 3rd stringer. rooting for injuries in this falcons game :mrgreen:

we gotta win this division. these last 4 games are gonna be tougher than people think...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah no surprises though. half that skins team is on the ir or was out today. the bengals are the bengals. bears were up against a 3rd stringer. rooting for injuries in this falcons game :mrgreen:

we gotta win this division. these last 4 games are gonna be tougher than people think...

I'm liking my chances in our redskins bet. They are AWFUL...and it all starts with their QB and coach
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm liking my chances in our redskins bet. They are AWFUL...and it all starts with their QB and coach

man you love hating things. i think we put the o/u at 7 right? yeah you may have that now. unbelievable how banged up that team is. i didn't recognize more than half the players in that lineup today :lol:

cowboys are playing much better. so glad we have the extra few days to prepare for them this time. hopefully asante and parker are back and at 100% or close to it.
    www.myspace.com

man you love hating things. i think we put the o/u at 7 right? yeah you may have that now. unbelievable how banged up that team is. i didn't recognize more than half the players in that lineup today :lol:

Yeah, we said 7. I'm just proving my point. Some people on here were all bent out of shape about mcnabb going to a division rival. I said it wouldn't be a big deal, the skins were still gonna suck. Shanahan is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history and mcnabb is average at best at this point in his career.

Advantage, Fixer.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, we said 7. I'm just proving my point. Some people on here were all bent out of shape about mcnabb going to a division rival. I said it wouldn't be a big deal, the skins were still gonna suck. Shanahan is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history and mcnabb is average at best at this point in his career.

Advantage, Fixer.

some people? :lol: yeah, me. just say it man. you have more in common with your boy donovan than you think. you both read from the same passive aggressive playbook. :lol:

donny looks like he's aged about 10 years since last season. never seen him throw so many picks...this is really the same argument/discussion we've had all year. i don't see the need to revisit it every time the redskins lose a game like you do. i mean they have 7 players on the ir and 5 others who've missed the last couple weeks. that hurts a team who had average at best talent to begin with.

the o/u is 7. they have 5 with 4 to play. gonna end up right around the number.

as far as the trade itself, the skins have won 1 more game than they did last year with 4 to play and have resigned mcnabb. the birds: mcnabb's successor lost his job in week 1 (after getting a 12 million dollar raise) and the draft pick we got from the skins is playing pretty decent. i said at the beginning of the season, and i think you agreed at that point, that the next few years will decide it.

and shanahan is coaching the hand that was dealt to him. and getting about as much out of it as anyone can expect (see the o/u that you set).

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    can't draw up a better scenario for the birds next week.

cowboys are coming off their biggest win of the year, dez bryant is out, and we've got 10 days to prepare. hopefully asante and parker are ready to go...

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    vick's nursing a bruised thigh...
    www.myspace.com
    I was just looking at the NFC standings and some of the schedules for the last month of the season. there is a distinct possibility that the eagles could win 11 games and miss the playoffs. That would hurt

The Bears and Packer losses really could end up coming back to haunt this team.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I was just looking at the NFC standings and some of the schedules for the last month of the season. there is a distinct possibility that the eagles could win 11 games and miss the playoffs. That would hurt

that's why i was so bent out of shape after that bears game.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that penalty on suh was ridiculous. I had detroit plus 5.5 and I was going crazy. at least tampa lost to atlanta...that's the only game that went the eagles way last week.

should be an exciting final four weeks. I just hope the terrible NFL rules and refs don't screw any team out of a playoff spot
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that penalty on suh was ridiculous. I had detroit plus 5.5 and I was going crazy. at least tampa lost to atlanta...that's the only game that went the eagles way last week.

should be an exciting final four weeks. I just hope the terrible NFL rules and refs don't screw any team out of a playoff spot

no i meant the eagles/bears game. would've rather lost to the texans. i haven't looked at this yet, but we're probably not in the best shape, tie breaker-wise, with 3 conference losses. we gotta win this division.

can't believe they didn't at least move the giants game to 4 next week. the 1pm time slot is not worthy of this epic match up on the horizon.

first things first though....
    www.myspace.com

no i meant the eagles/bears game. would've rather lost to the texans. i haven't looked at this yet, but we're probably not in the best shape, tie breaker-wise, with 3 conference losses. we gotta win this division.

can't believe they didn't at least move the giants game to 4 next week. the 1pm time slot is not worthy of this epic match up on the horizon.

first things first though....

oh, gotcha. yeah, 3 conf losses and losing H2H to GB and chicago is gonna hurt.

I'm not one to get overconfident with philly teams, I like to stay cautiously optimistic. That said, I think the eagles whoop the cowgirls this week.

then, like you said, the season could come down to the giants game. gotta win the division.
  • I'm hoping for another offensive showcase from Vick this week in Dallas. I see them winning this game by 3 scores.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'm hoping for another offensive showcase from Vick this week in Dallas. I see them winning this game by 3 scores.

i think we have them at a great spot. for some reason i'm not as confident as you and fixer. 3-4 defenses always give us fits....
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.