THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah mccoy's really improved in that area...in all areas really. watching the replays of that 4th and 1 play--it's amazing how close that was to a fumble. forget which giant it was but vick tossed it about a centimeter under his arm.

vick bobbled the snap too. that play had disaster written all over it.

I think the eagles crush the bears. cutler stinks and so does the rest of their offense

d generates a minimum of 3 turnovers. i cant wait.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

hopefully we start seeing these articles in january and february pretty soon. ;)

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    These games just keep getting bigger and bigger. I love it. The only way Chicago beats us is if our special teams plays as inadequate as it has all season, and Chicago's special teams capitalizes on that as it has all season. All about the special teams. Outside of SP, we should be better on both sides of the ball. Cutler, king of the turnover, against one of the best teams in takeaways in the NFL. And if the best D in the NFL couldn't keep 27 points off the board then I don't think these guys can. I like our chances all the way here, especially since we've dominated Chicago the better part of this decade(or at least it feels that way because those Bears teams are overrated nearly every year).

23-14 Birds.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    just got my SI in the mail. Vick is on the cover
    These games just keep getting bigger and bigger. I love it. The only way Chicago beats us is if our special teams plays as inadequate as it has all season, and Chicago's special teams capitalizes on that as it has all season. All about the special teams. Outside of SP, we should be better on both sides of the ball. Cutler, king of the turnover, against one of the best teams in takeaways in the NFL. And if the best D in the NFL couldn't keep 27 points off the board then I don't think these guys can. I like our chances all the way here, especially since we've dominated Chicago the better part of this decade(or at least it feels that way because those Bears teams are overrated nearly every year).

23-14 Birds.

the bears have beaten 1 team with a winning record. we're the better team here. i don't see them winning 4 in a row.

that score sounds about right.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

DOH! They had to go fuck things up, didn't they? :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

DOH! They had to go fuck things up, didn't they? :evil:

yep. I was disappointed there were no dogs or guns in the shot (no pun intended)
    samuel fined 40k for the best hit he's had in years. :roll:
    www.myspace.com

the nfl is ridiculous. seymour only got 25K for punching a QB and guys are getting suspended more money for making tackles!!!

someone needs to take out goodell. he is ruining football. get that crazy SOB King Jong il on the case
    The Fixer wrote:

the nfl is ridiculous. seymour only got 25K for punching a QB and guys are getting suspended more money for making tackles!!!

someone needs to take out goodell. he is ruining football. get that crazy SOB King Jong il on the case

:lol: ...it's kim jong il. and he'd be executing dudes for illegal hits instead of fining them :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Apparently what I've been reading is Samuel is more than aware of his rep as a guy that doesn't hit, and he's got a problem with Deion. I could see Samuel becoming more physical just for the fact that everyone thinks he's a pussy.
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol: ...it's kim jong il. and he'd be executing dudes for illegal hits instead of fining them :mrgreen:

haha, typo. or freudian slip. either way that guy is a maniac
    Apparently what I've been reading is Samuel is more than aware of his rep as a guy that doesn't hit, and he's got a problem with Deion. I could see Samuel becoming more physical just for the fact that everyone thinks he's a pussy.

he's definitely been more physical this year. i think he's playing great right now. f the 40k. make that hit every time the opportunity presents itself.
    www.myspace.com

he's definitely been more physical this year. i think he's playing great right now. f the 40k. make that hit every time the opportunity presents itself.

If I was an offensive player in the NFL I would have a kitty going with my other offensive teammates. I'd tell the defense not to worry about the fines, we got you covered. keep drilling people
    The Fixer wrote:

If I was an offensive player in the NFL I would have a kitty going with my other offensive teammates. I'd tell the defense not to worry about the fines, we got you covered. keep drilling people

I know Rodney Harrison said this on the air a few weeks ago and got himself into some trouble - saying how he set aside a part of his paycheck for fines.
    The Fixer wrote:

I know Rodney Harrison said this on the air a few weeks ago and got himself into some trouble - saying how he set aside a part of his paycheck for fines.

I wouldn't want my teammates to change the way they play. I'd set the kitty up and get the offense to take care of most of it. whatever is left over at the end of the year goes to a huge bash.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't want my teammates to change the way they play. I'd set the kitty up and get the offense to take care of most of it. whatever is left over at the end of the year goes to a huge bash.

Like hookers on a boat for a sex party. I read Fred Smoot said that party was overrated. Not weird enough for him I guess...
    samuel, parker, and dixon all might be out.

dixon looks like the most likely to play at this point.

i'm interested in seeing trevard lindley in the nickel if samuel's out...
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, Samuel's definitely out. I think the person they'd miss the most out of those three is Dixon. Dude's been a beast upfront.

I really don't like Hanson in an every down role though in place of Samuel. But I don't think it'll hurt them too much because I'm not impressed with Chicago's passing game a lil' bit. Biggest thing will be the linebackers - specifically Bradley who's always sucked covering TE's - covering Olsen.

Yeah, Samuel's definitely out. I think the person they'd miss the most out of those three is Dixon. Dude's been a beast upfront.

I really don't like Hanson in an every down role though in place of Samuel. But I don't think it'll hurt them too much because I'm not impressed with Chicago's passing game a lil' bit. Biggest thing will be the linebackers - specifically Bradley who's always sucked covering TE's - covering Olsen.

damn it. yeah i just saw that about samuel. i think dixon's going to play though. he has been very good this year. run defense has been exceptionally with him there.

i agree about hanson....my concern though, and i think you mentioned this, is special teams giving them good field position. if sav kicks it anywhere near hester i would not be surprised if one of my shoes ends up obliterating my tv by 7:30pm sunday night....

on offense we
    gotta be better on 3rd down,
    gotta be better in the red zone,
    can't commit nearly as many penalties,
    and we can't forget we're one of the best screen teams in the league again.

sports guy (i only read him on fridays during football season):
    FYI: The Eagles are long overdue for one of those textbook Andy Reid era "How the hell did we lose that game?????" losses: killer penalties, one brutal turnover at the worst possible time, poor clock management at the end of at least one half … you know what I mean. They're overdue.

i don't see us losing....but i have a feeling we're in for a low scoring, frustrating game, from start to finish....
    www.myspace.com
  • Let's go Eagles. Kick the shit out of the Bears this week guys!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

damn it. yeah i just saw that about samuel. i think dixon's going to play though. he has been very good this year. run defense has been exceptionally with him there.

i agree about hanson....my concern though, and i think you mentioned this, is special teams giving them good field position. if sav kicks it anywhere near hester i would not be surprised if one of my shoes ends up obliterating my tv by 7:30pm sunday night....

on offense we
    gotta be better on 3rd down,
    gotta be better in the red zone,
    can't commit nearly as many penalties,
    and we can't forget we're one of the best screen teams in the league again.

sports guy (i only read him on fridays during football season):
    FYI: The Eagles are long overdue for one of those textbook Andy Reid era "How the hell did we lose that game?????" losses: killer penalties, one brutal turnover at the worst possible time, poor clock management at the end of at least one half … you know what I mean. They're overdue.

i don't see us losing....but i have a feeling we're in for a low scoring, frustrating game, from start to finish....

Simmons for the most part still amuses me, but I gotta say, when it comes to anything Philly, he has no idea what he's talking about(along with not being able to stand his Boston articles and going overboard with his NBA articles). I really believe this is a different team with a different quarterback at the helm. If there was one huge sports city that Simmons definitely doesn't have a pulse on would be Philly. Kind of a shame. You'd think with all his so-called heart ache as a Boston fan he'd know better. But, for some reason, I think FenwayFaithful has been making up for that for some weird reason. :thumbup: FF, what's with all the Bird love for this week?

And, yes, it definitely boils down to special teams.
  • Simmons for the most part still amuses me, but I gotta say, when it comes to anything Philly, he has no idea what he's talking about(along with not being able to stand his Boston articles and going overboard with his NBA articles). I really believe this is a different team with a different quarterback at the helm. If there was one huge sports city that Simmons definitely doesn't have a pulse on would be Philly. Kind of a shame. You'd think with all his so-called heart ache as a Boston fan he'd know better. But, for some reason, I think FenwayFaithful has been making up for that for some weird reason. :thumbup: FF, what's with all the Bird love for this week?
    :lol: Please note that Bill Simmons does not speak for New England sports fans. I have about as difficult time tolerating him as you guys do. I think he's written about 3 outstanding pieces in the last 10 years, and the rest of it just shows how little he knows outside of basketball. But you're right Jearl, all the suffering is just a hoax. None of that stuff ever really happened.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, I've been on them for 3 weeks. They captured my heart, are my sexy pick for the super bowl, and now I'm pulling for them the rest of the way. Obviously I'm a Pats fan, and we all know they're gonna win the title this year, but I always latch onto an NFC team to root for. The Eagles are so much fun to watch and you guys all hate the Giants, so it's a logical next step for me. I asked a few pages back if that was cool with you guys that I adopted the Birds as my NFC team this year, with little response.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Simmons for the most part still amuses me, but I gotta say, when it comes to anything Philly, he has no idea what he's talking about(along with not being able to stand his Boston articles and going overboard with his NBA articles). I really believe this is a different team with a different quarterback at the helm. If there was one huge sports city that Simmons definitely doesn't have a pulse on would be Philly. Kind of a shame. You'd think with all his so-called heart ache as a Boston fan he'd know better. But, for some reason, I think FenwayFaithful has been making up for that for some weird reason. :thumbup: FF, what's with all the Bird love for this week?
    :lol: Please note that Bill Simmons does not speak for New England sports fans. I have about as difficult time tolerating him as you guys do. I think he's written about 3 outstanding pieces in the last 10 years, and the rest of it just shows how little he knows outside of basketball. But you're right Jearl, all the suffering is just a hoax. None of that stuff ever really happened.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, I've been on them for 3 weeks. They captured my heart, are my sexy pick for the super bowl, and now I'm pulling for them the rest of the way. Obviously I'm a Pats fan, and we all know they're gonna win the title this year, but I always latch onto an NFC team to root for. The Eagles are so much fun to watch and you guys all hate the Giants, so it's a logical next step for me. I asked a few pages back if that was cool with you guys that I adopted the Birds as my NFC team this year, with little response.

jp--we already had one of those games this year against the skins first time around. remember the partial birth abortion that was the end of the first half? ....i just have a feeling this game resembles the ugliness of that one. hope i'm wrong. think we win regardless though.

fenway...how bout a rematch of '04? no videotaping our signals this time though ;)
    www.myspace.com

jp--we already had one of those games this year against the skins first time around. remember the partial birth abortion that was the end of the first half? ....i just have a feeling this game resembles the ugliness of that one. hope i'm wrong. think we win regardless though.

fenway...how bout a rematch of '04? no videotaping our signals this time though ;)

Well with much response, FF, yes, sure, why not, all aboard. New England/Philly in Dallas for the SB with the Birds winning our first SB in no better of a place than Dallas against Boston fans with the hope of reading one of Simmons' articles after about how it's tough to be a Boston fan? Sign me up! :thumbup:

Well with much response, FF, yes, sure, why not, all aboard. New England/Philly in Dallas for the SB with the Birds winning our first SB in no better of a place than Dallas against Boston fans with the hope of reading one of Simmons' articles after about how it's tough to be a Boston fan? Sign me up! :thumbup:

in all honesty, you could not draw up a better scenario than this
    www.myspace.com
    in all honesty, you could not draw up a better scenario than this

Definitely. Well, either the Pats or the Jets would be perfect. I think I would have to take out a loan and get down there for that. If all that happened, I'd probably end up getting murdered in Dallas.

EDIT: Actually, I think if we did that to the Steelers then that would be the absolute best thing ever known to mankind.
    I understand it's the holiday weekend, but come on, where yous at? Big game. Biiiiiig game.

I wonder if they'll like Patterson over to Samuel's side or just put Hanson there. Still like our chances a lot with or without Ass-sante. GO BIRDS.
    I understand it's the holiday weekend, but come on, where yous at? Big game. Biiiiiig game.

I wonder if they'll like Patterson over to Samuel's side or just put Hanson there. Still like our chances a lot with or without Ass-sante. GO BIRDS.

they're putting hanson there. but on nickel situations, hanson's going back inside and they will have lindley at corner. i like that. hanson's decent in nickel situations. i like lindley...only problem is i think he's played mostly special teams since the san fran game--when he iced it with a pick.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    muck the beagles :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.