THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    joe addai didn't practice again. looking more and more like mike hart this week...
    You mean donald brown,Harts hurt as well. How are we a 2.5 pt favorite,thats nuts to me.

I hope it is donald brown. that dude isn't in game shape. he was awful on monday night
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i've always given reid all the credit he is worth. he's a good coach. not great one. good. we've been through all this before about him continuing to make the same mistakes 11 years in as he made back in '99 etc etc etc. nothing has changed. schotenheimer is a good comparison. 2 months since the last time we talked about this doesn't change anything.

people have a tendency to overreact on a week by week basis in the nfl and in most sports. thus far donovan looks like he's aged a whole lot since last year. that line is really bad in front of him though. shanahan looks like a dope for benching him right now. he's probably hoping for the same result the fat man got out of 5 back in '08 after that benching. again--i don't see how 8 games can end the debate about if shanahan is a good coach or not. that is pretty ridiculous. 7 or 8 wins is realistic for the talent on that team. so at 4-4 he's on pace to get the most out of the talent he has to work with...that's kinda, exactly, what a good coach does.

i hope the trade ends up in the birds favor. ironic that both 5 and his successor have both been benched at some point this year. :lol: . long season. not even halfway through. but 8 or 9 wins can very well get you into the playoffs in the horrendous nfc this year and both the skins and birds are on the same pace at this point... which is exactly what i expected to happen.

so, yeah...halfway through the season. relax. GO. BIRDS.

I agree that people overreact to things each week. I don't understand why everyone blows shanahan though. He has been terrible for over a decade now. The skins aren't a good team, but the mcnabb trade wasn't a good move for them at the time. and it sure as hell doesn't look good now.

no way in hell the skins make the playoffs. I still say 6 wins for them. They suck

guy won two super bowls in row. that's been done, what 4 or 5 times in the history of the game? yes, with elway. but at that point, elway was known as a guy who could not win the biggest of games. most hall of fame coaches who've won super bowls did so with hall of fame qb's. lombardi-starr...knoll-bradshaw....landry-staubach...walsh-montana...seifert-young...j johnson-aikman...belichek-brady...dungy-manning etc etc etc. if anything you could criticize him and pat bowen for their personnel moves since elway retired. tough to with brian griesie, jake plummer, and jay cutler behind center--which is what he had in denver ever since elway retired.

long season. whether the trade looks good for either team now is irrelevant. keep in mind the guy the eagles felt comfortable with at qb with mcnabb gone has already lost his job....what you are doing now would have been the equivalent of me proclaiming the trade a success for the skins after consecutive wins against the birds and packers a couple weeks ago. a lot depends on what happens in the rest of the season and in the future--if mcnabb is one and done in dc, then that will be great news for the birds. but a lot also has to do with whether or not kolb is our qb of the future and how well nate allen pans out. too early to tell.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2010
    funny thing about the mcnabb trade is that it actually helps the eagles if that shitty team can get into the playoffs. that means one of the two draft picks improves. again, I don't think there's a chance in hell that the skins get in...even in a horrendous conference.

you obviously think a lot more highly of mcnabb than I do at this point in his career. he's just not good anymore. I really do hope he goes to a decent team next year so really gets exposed.

as for shanahan...he is one of the few coaches in the league -- along with reid, holmgren (before this year), and belichick that oversees personnel decisions. he's not good at that or winning games (without inheriting HOFers at multiple positions). I think he's one of the most overrated coaches of all time.

now that all that is out of the way...I gotta say that I am really looking forward to the birds game this week. moreso than any game so far this year.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Definitely one of the most overrated coaches of all time, but it doesn't change the fact that he - as a man in football for a very long time - saw the same shit that Reid covered up so well all these years. So what have we learned? Reid is a much better bullshitter than Shanahan, aaaand McNabb is a pretentious, condescending, douche. No heart. Had a lot of talent with no killer instinct. Ever. And to think I used to be a huge supporter of this guy.
    Definitely one of the most overrated coaches of all time, but it doesn't change the fact that he - as a man in football for a very long time - saw the same shit that Reid covered up so well all these years. So what have we learned? Reid is a much better bullshitter than Shanahan, aaaand McNabb is a pretentious, condescending, douche. No heart. Had a lot of talent with no killer instinct. Ever. And to think I used to be a huge supporter of this guy.

my tipping point (great book) moment with mcnabb was the arizona game. I defended that guy for a decade. Then the birds got the ball back with 2 minutes left at their own 20, down 7. They needed a TD and I knew there was no chance whatsoever that McChoke was leading them to a score. And we all know the rest of the story.

The guy did a lot of great things while he was here. All the talent in the world, but he just never had the stones to win the big one(s). I sure as fuck don't want to see him win it now
    The Fixer wrote:
    funny thing about the mcnabb trade is that it actually helps the eagles if that shitty team can get into the playoffs. that means one of the two draft picks improves. again, I don't think there's a chance in hell that the skins get in...even in a horrendous conference.

you obviously think a lot more highly of mcnabb than I do at this point in his career. he's just not good anymore. I really do hope he goes to a decent team next year so really gets exposed.

as for shanahan...he is one of the few coaches in the league -- along with reid, holmgren (before this year), and belichick that oversees personnel decisions. he's not good at that or winning games (without HOFers at multiple positions). I think he's one of the most overrated coaches of all time.

now that all that is out of the way...I gotta say that I am really looking forward to the birds game this week. moreso than any game so far this year.

like i said--two weeks ago the skins had just beaten green bay a week after beating us and mcnabb looked great against gb. this is the eb and flow of a season.

agree to disagree on shanahan as a coach. hall of famer's win super bowls. don't know what else to tell you on that. nobody could win with elway for over a decade before shanahan was hired there.

our over/under for them was 7. they are 4-4 right now which means he's getting the most out of the talent he has to work with. it's not like i said they were gonna win 11 games. they are exactly...exactly...right where i thought they'd be right now. as are the birds.

agree about sunday. i cannot wait.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

my tipping point (great book) moment with mcnabb was the arizona game. I defended that guy for a decade. Then the birds got the ball back with 2 minutes left at their own 20, down 7. They needed a TD and I knew there was no chance whatsoever that McChoke was leading them to a score. And we all know the rest of the story.

The guy did a lot of great things while he was here. All the talent in the world, but he just never had the stones to win the big one(s). I sure as fuck don't want to see him win it now

I agree that 5 was a choker in the clutch,and even though he didn't make that last drive count he's far from the reason we lost that Ariz game.
    Go Birds!!!!
    you talk about the skins beating green bay like that is some tremendous accomplishment. the packers aren't that good.

the skins are lucky to have 4 wins. cutler gave them a win and wade phillips gave them a win. the skins got dominated by the cowboys, but that stupid fumble at the end of the first half got the skins a win.

they have 4 wins...they have no shot at getting to 8
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree that 5 was a choker in the clutch,and even though he didn't make that last drive count he's far from the reason we lost that Ariz game.

he's one of many reasons they lost that game. there were receivers open that entire game that he continually failed to hit (especially in the first half). sure, the defense and akers share some of the blame, but mcnabb was the main culprit.

whatever, he's gone...not our probelm anymore.
  • 375 3td 1 int,im sure he did miss plays or throws but when ur def gives up 32pts blaming the qb who put up 25 pts is wrong. If u read back the last 2yrs i've wanted him gone,so im far from a 5 backer like others were. 25pts should have been enough fuckn demps bum ass sucked bad that day.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited November 2010
    375 3td 1 int,im sure he did miss plays or throws but when ur def gives up 32pts blaming the qb who put up 25 pts is wrong. If u read back the last 2yrs i've wanted him gone,so im far from a 5 backer like others were. 25pts should have been enough fuckn demps bum ass sucked bad that day.

defense let us down in that game....dawkins especially on that last drive. people like to forget about that.

it was time to move on from 5. its just funny that people want to declare the trade a success or failure midway through one season when his successor already lost his job and the skins have already equaled their win total from last year and have beaten us once already. seems like a convenient time now...didn't a couple weeks ago. long season gentlemen. this is like declaring the phils season over when they lost to the astros in august. won't know who got the better end of this trade until end of season at the earliest.

bottom line, as i have said all along is that the skins are a 7-8 win team and the birds are most likely a 9 win team (though i am feeling more confident about 10 wins at this point--we'll see). i just don't see why people like to keep bringing it up. the guy's gone.

GO BIRDS.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • 375 3td 1 int,im sure he did miss plays or throws but when ur def gives up 32pts blaming the qb who put up 25 pts is wrong. If u read back the last 2yrs i've wanted him gone,so im far from a 5 backer like others were. 25pts should have been enough fuckn demps bum ass sucked bad that day.

defense let us down in that game....dawkins especially on that last drive. people like to forget about that.

it was time to move on from 5. its just funny that people want to declare the trade a success or failure midway through one season when his successor already lost his job and the skins have already equaled their win total from last year and have beaten us once already. seems like a convenient time now...didn't a couple weeks ago. long season gentlemen. this is like declaring the phils season over when they lost to the astros in august. won't know who got the better end of this trade until end of season at the earliest.

bottom line, as i have said all along is that the skins are a 7-8 win team and the birds are most likely a 9 win team (though i am feeling more confident about 10 wins at this point--we'll see). i just don't see why people like to keep bringing it up. the guy's gone.

GO BIRDS.
    lol i think i know someone who declared the season dead then. You know where i stand i've said it for years 5 was a great qb but his time was up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The Fixer wrote:
    he never loses to the steelers

We got blown out by the Steelers the year we went to the SB

The infamous TO following Donovan back and forth on the sidelines during the game
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    quote]

People love to stroke Dawk's scrote around here, but let's face it, dude was overrated when it came to meaningful playoff games.
    quote]

People love to stroke Dawk's scrote around here, but let's face it, dude was overrated when it came to meaningful playoff games.

100% agree. only huge play that comes to mind is the gift interception farve gave him in the 4th and 26 game.

i love the guy and he's most likely a hall of famer, but it's true. unfortunately all phases of the team have a history of coming up small in the biggest of games under this regime....not like any other regime was better of course though. such is life as a birds fan. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    over 70% of the betting public is riding indy right now. i love our chances sunday....
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Indy is going to put up a ton of points....but thier D is suspect so philly may put up a ton of points. i see a high scoring game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Indy is going to put up a ton of points....but thier D is suspect so philly may put up a ton of points. i see a high scoring game.

correct.
    www.myspace.com
    couldn't ask for a better day for football. heading down now.....GO BIRDS!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • couldn't ask for a better day for football. heading down now.....GO BIRDS!!!

Sweet..enjoy my friend

Bring back a victory !

Or at least a non-embarrassing game by our D

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I thought you sold your tix, Jeags?
    Bullshit. That's a clean hit. Defenseless? The ball was in his hands. He was a target. Also, that was a catch. Feel bad for the Collie kid, but come on, it's football, it's violent. Who knew.

I'm telling ya, the biggest change to reduce this shit is to reduce the equipment allowed to be used.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Not the best win, but we'll take it! Honestly, didn't think they would win this game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I thought you sold your tix, Jeags?

i did...then i bought club box seats off a dude at work for only $60 more than i got for my seats. best $60 i've spent at a sporting event in quite some time. first time in that area of the linc for me. it is kind of like the hall of fame club across the street only better because there are tv's everywhere with games on. watched most of the 1's and then saw oakland bring home a parlay for me as soon as the birds game ended. couldn't have asked for a better ending to a cool day. the seats themselves were great too. about the 10 yard line directly in front of the press box. les bowen and rich hoffman were right behind me and we could turn around and see their tv's for replays and shit. good times indeed today.

i don't know how i can go back up to section 220 after experiencing this today :x
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2010
    Not the best win, but we'll take it! Honestly, didn't think they would win this game.

so yeah--don't hurt yourselves hopping on the bandwagon philadelphia.
    :mrgreen: i like where we're headed this year.

all aboard motherf@ckers :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

GO BIRDS!!!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    This offensive line is a bunch of mouth breathers - lead by their leader Jason Peters.

Let's not get too high now, this game was at home and this Indy team isn't that with all their injuries.

With that said though, I'm just perusing the remaining schedule - 11-5 is easily attainable.
    This offensive line is a bunch of mouth breathers - lead by their leader Jason Peters.

Let's not get too high now, this game was at home and this Indy team isn't that with all their injuries.

With that said though, I'm just perusing the remaining schedule - 11-5 is easily attainable.

this league is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open and there is not one team without multiple flaws. if vick's healthy and the d continues to improve, we've got a chance to make some noise.

kinda like mlb this year, i can see a team get hot at the end and ride it all the way to dallas...not saying that is us, but we've got just about as good a shot as most other teams in the nfc barring injuries...

giants are the class right now. they have not beaten anyone yet though...
    www.myspace.com
    After today I'm near the brink of ranking football below college hoops on my levels of importance in my choices of sports. I'm starting to realize that refs are no longer about facilitating a fair playing field, but to control the game. I'm just sayin...starting to become more and more disenchanted with this stupid sport.
    After today I'm near the brink of ranking football below college hoops on my levels of importance in my choices of sports. I'm starting to realize that refs are no longer about facilitating a fair playing field, but to control the game. I'm just sayin...starting to become more and more disenchanted with this stupid sport.

the call on cole for touching manning's helmet with his f@cking fingernail was an ABOMINATION. this was the worst officiated game i think i've ever seen.
    www.myspace.com
  • Really looking forward to the Eagles/Skins game next Monday night!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
This discussion has been closed.