Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    picked up Indy's new tight end in fantasy. time to get him some reps :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

reid is 11-0 coming off the bye. that streak will end for 2 main reasons.

1 - the eagles secondary. manning might throw for 900 yards

2 - the indy pass rush. the eagles offensive line sucks to begin with and they're dealing with injuries.

no doubt it will most likely end. i just don't think its going to the demolition most think it will be.

but the pass rush? colts have 11 team sacks going into tonight's game. that is horrendous. .....although freeney can still be a beast

I'm not saying the colts are unbeatable. Like the rest of the NFL teams this year, they are flawed. Herremans might have to start at LT. Their line was an issue to begin the year, and now it's in shambles.

My boy patterson starting at CB on sunday. I think he can play a little bit. Anything is better than hobbs

peters will be back, for better or worse :mrgreen: ...but i think you give the colts a little too much credit defensively. having vick back and healthy changes things up. kolb has happy feet, doesn't throw a good deep ball and gets flustered under pressure so teams would load up on the line. with vick they have to respect his deep ball and his elusiveness. plus he's just a better overall qb at this point. so this should also open up more opportunites for shady--his numbers dipped the last couple games and i think kolb had a lot to do with it. birds are getting healthy and with a couple weeks to prepare, the fat man should have this team ready to play. i see us scoring mid 20's or higher this week.

anything is an upgrade over hobbs. i like the rest of the secondary, for the most part, though.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    picked up Indy's new tight end in fantasy. time to get him some reps :D

tony gonzalez. 3 catches. 19 yards vs birds a couple weeks ago.
    bo scaithe. 3 catches. 7 yards vs birds last week.

gonzalez did catch their 2 td's that day...but just sayin'....
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Touchdown Sundae is one good god damn ice cream. :thumbup:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm not saying the colts are unbeatable. Like the rest of the NFL teams this year, they are flawed. Herremans might have to start at LT. Their line was an issue to begin the year, and now it's in shambles.

My boy patterson starting at CB on sunday. I think he can play a little bit. Anything is better than hobbs

peters will be back, for better or worse :mrgreen: ...but i think you give the colts a little too much credit defensively.

anything is an upgrade over hobbs. i like the rest of the secondary, for the most part, though.

all I said was that the eagles will struggle to block the colt D-ends. and they will, with peters/herremans/dunlap/justice or whoever else they put at OT.

the eagles should still be able to move the ball. like I said, the colts ain't that good. vick may be rusty though...hopefully he isn't scared to run the ball this week, because he's gonna need to
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

peters will be back, for better or worse :mrgreen: ...but i think you give the colts a little too much credit defensively.

all I said was that the eagles will struggle to block the colt D-ends. and they will, with peters/herremans/dunlap/justice or whoever else they put at OT.

the eagles should still be able to move the ball. like I said, the colts ain't that good. vick may be rusty though...hopefully he isn't scared to run the ball this week, because he's gonna need to

if peters is healthy and focused, he is a good tackle. his problem is not getting beat. his problem is jumping offsides and committing dumb penalties. he'll have his hands full with freeney. but i agree the birds will be able to move the ball.

pissed i sold my tix to this game.
    www.myspace.com
    jon runyan is going to congress.

his 4 donkeys are not. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    BIRDS laying 3....total at 46.5.

gear up boys and girls. this one is gonna be a fun ride...
    www.myspace.com

yeah, I saw that. I was way off. haven't done my research yet, but chances are I will not be touching this game (I have never in my life bet against the birds and I never will).

like you said, the eagles couldn't catch the colts at a better time. road game after MNF win vs a division rival, with the birds coming off their bye
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I saw that. I was way off. haven't done my research yet, but chances are I will not be touching this game (I have never in my life bet against the birds and I never will).

like you said, the eagles couldn't catch the colts at a better time. road game after MNF win vs a division rival, with the birds coming off their bye

i am with you about never betting against the birds. i always lay off in those cases. in college one of the guys who will be in my wedding used to sneak bets against the birds into our bookie through his girlfriend. he'd have her call him so, according to him, he wouldn't be committing a fraudulent act. he thought he had found a loophole. but alas, he was wrong.

this line reminds me of the packers/skins line from a month ago. that line was begging people to take the pack and skins ended up covering. i'd bet 65% - 70% of the general public hops on the colts this week...which bodes well for us birds fans. big fan of the over though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i am with you about never betting against the birds. i always lay off in those cases. in college one of the guys who will be in my wedding used to sneak bets against the birds into our bookie through his girlfriend. he'd have her call him so, according to him, he wouldn't be committing a fraudulent act. he thought he had found a loophole. but alas, he was wrong.

this line reminds me of the packers/skins line from a month ago. that line was begging people to take the pack and skins ended up covering. i'd bet 65% - 70% of the general public hops on the colts this week...which bodes well for us birds fans. big fan of the over though.

I have done it before, but I really don't like playing birds totals either. Then you have to either root for them to not score or root for the other team to score at some point.

I had the under in the oakland game last year. that was a lock, but it was still not fun to watch
    sold my colts tix a couple months back....just bought club box suite tickets for less than what i sold them for.

ROCK AND ROLL.
    www.myspace.com
    sold my colts tix a couple months back....just bought club box suite tickets for less than what i sold them for.

ROCK AND ROLL.

ah, nice work. definitely a cool game to go to. not gonna have many more chances to see the Forehead in philly
    The Fixer wrote:

ROCK AND ROLL.

ah, nice work. definitely a cool game to go to. not gonna have many more chances to see the Forehead in philly

correction...it is slightly more than what i sold mine for. still i had to jump all over these. never been in a suite at the linc before.
    www.myspace.com
    andy reid is a genius. love the guy

Now we know. Trading Donovan McNabb wasn't just about the Eagles' brass wanting Kevin Kolb to get a shot at being the starting quarterback. They no longer wanted McNabb for all the reasons Mike Shanahan didn't want him on Sunday.

Shanahan can call it "cardiovascular endurance" or blame McNabb's loose grip on the Washington Redskins' two-minute offense. But Shanahan didn't want McNabb as his quarterback with the game against Detroit on the line with 1 minute, 45 seconds to play because McNabb is not clutch in those situations, not anymore.

It took Andy Reid 135 games to bench McNabb. It took Shanahan eight. He has no real allegiance to McNabb. Shanahan didn't build his career off McNabb's cannon of an arm, didn't ride with him through all those playoff wins and trips to the NFC championship game.

No, the only thing Shanahan had at stake were words. He had spent the off-season jabbering that the Redskins were going to win this season and that McNabb was a big reason.

So he risked a sliver of his reputation for what he truly believed - that McNabb can't get it done in crunch time - and the move stripped McNabb bare.

Shanahan doesn't trust him. It is that simple, and it makes the Eagles look brilliant in deciding that after 11 seasons, it was time to move on. That is why they had no problem moving McNabb within the NFC East. It had nothing to do with appeasing McNabb. It had everything to do with sending him somewhere that would help the Eagles.

And, boy, could it really help them.

After Reid benched McNabb at halftime of the Baltimore game in 2008, McNabb came back with a vengeance. Just four days later, on Thanksgiving, he carved up Arizona, completing 27 of 39 passes for 260 yards and four touchdowns. His 69.2 completion percentage was, at that time, his highest of the season.

With the exception of a game against Washington, of all teams, McNabb played superbly the rest of that season, throwing nine touchdowns and just one interception in five games, with four wins.

The benching served as the wake-up call McNabb and several other veterans needed to make another run to the NFC title game. But that title game, also against Arizona, exposed what had become a familiar McNabb flaw. He had the ball in his hands with a chance to win at the end and couldn't pull out a victory.

In typical fashion, McNabb said all the politically correct things Sunday after his latest benching, and on Tuesday during his weekly radio show in D.C., he failed to get into a war of words with his coach. According to the Washington Post's Jason Reid, McNabb admitted on ESPN-AM 980 that drama "just seems to follow me," then he defended his work ethic, something else that has been questioned in recent days.

"You can ask these guys how I work and my work ethic," McNabb said, according to Reid. "My work ethic has never been a question. My tempo has never been a question. But I think there's a lot of digging going on right now, miscellaneous digging."

Tempo was a question in the Super Bowl, wasn't it? That is on tape and is not miscellaneous digging.

Peel away the layers, and McNabb has to be seething. He is a proud guy who has worked to build the confidence his teammates seem to have in him.

But the numbers don't lie. With a passer rating of 76.0, McNabb is 25th in the NFL, three slots - it has been noted in Washington - behind former Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, who is now in Oakland. McNabb ranks 26th in completion percentage and is tied for 23d with seven touchdown passes. In the fourth quarter, his 64.4 passer rating is 27th, and his 62.8 passer rating on third down is 26th.

McNabb still has the big arm - he is tied for second with seven passes of 40 or more yards - but he has struggled this season on the short and intermediate passes. And Sports Illustrated's Peter King pointed out this week that with the ball in McNabb's hands in the final two minutes of a game this season, the Redskins have managed only a field goal. Once, McNabb threw an interception and twice Washington failed to get a first down.

And so, even though the Redskins' offensive line couldn't block me and the receivers are shoddy at best, Shanahan benched McNabb. Oh, and by the way, the Redskins worked out former first-round draft pick JaMarcus Russell on Tuesday. Coincidence? Doubtful.

Shanahan's hope certainly has to be that after the bye week, McNabb will be highly motivated and sharp at home against the Eagles. Shanahan also has to hope that the locker room doesn't rebel against him, because McNabb is popular and Rex Grossman is a turnover waiting to happen.

McNabb got 22 more starts for the Eagles after that Thanksgiving night. He is guaranteed one more in Washington - and nothing more.
    i would reserve "genius" status until the man wins something. bill belichek. that man is a genius. andy reid is more like marty schottenheimer.

i like where we're headed though....

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    i would reserve "genius" status until the man wins something. bill belichek. that man is a genius. andy reid is more like marty schottenheimer.

GO BIRDS!

please. marty never even got to the SB. give the big man some credit...you were one of the people criticizing him for shipping mcnabb in the division. I told you not to worry...the skins are going nowhere fast, they still suck.

on another note...can people stop saying shanahan is a good coach now? he has won 1 playoff game since john elway retired over a decade ago. the mcnabb trade was horrendous for the skins, great for the birds. advantage Reid
    The Fixer wrote:

GO BIRDS!

please. marty never even got to the SB. give the big man some credit...you were one of the people criticizing him for shipping mcnabb in the division. I told you not to worry...the skins are going nowhere fast, they still suck.

on another note...can people stop saying shanahan is a good coach now? he has won 1 playoff game since john elway retired over a decade ago. the mcnabb trade was horrendous for the skins, great for the birds. advantage Reid

i've always given reid all the credit he is worth. he's a good coach. not great one. good. we've been through all this before about him continuing to make the same mistakes 11 years in as he made back in '99 etc etc etc. nothing has changed. schotenheimer is a good comparison. 2 months since the last time we talked about this doesn't change anything.

people have a tendency to overreact on a week by week basis in the nfl and in most sports. thus far donovan looks like he's aged a whole lot since last year. that line is really bad in front of him though. shanahan looks like a dope for benching him right now. he's probably hoping for the same result the fat man got out of 5 back in '08 after that benching. again--i don't see how 8 games can end the debate about if shanahan is a good coach or not. that is pretty ridiculous. 7 or 8 wins is realistic for the talent on that team. so at 4-4 he's on pace to get the most out of the talent he has to work with...that's kinda, exactly, what a good coach does.

i hope the trade ends up in the birds favor. ironic that both 5 and his successor have both been benched at some point this year. :lol: . long season. not even halfway through. but 8 or 9 wins can very well get you into the playoffs in the horrendous nfc this year and both the skins and birds are on the same pace at this point... which is exactly what i expected to happen.

so, yeah...halfway through the season. relax. GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    joe addai didn't practice again. looking more and more like mike hart this week...
    www.myspace.com
  • joe addai didn't practice again. looking more and more like mike hart this week...

James Mungro ??
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    joe addai didn't practice again. looking more and more like mike hart this week...

James Mungro ??

oooomph.....i was there. horrible day...has reid ever beaten a good afc team? :?
    www.myspace.com
  • joe addai didn't practice again. looking more and more like mike hart this week...

James Mungro ??

oooomph.....i was there. horrible day...has reid ever beaten a good afc team? :?

Jacksonville doesn't count ?

:lol:

I have a bad feeling this week

James Mungro ??

Jacksonville doesn't count ?

:lol:

I have a bad feeling this week

gonna be a good game...
    www.myspace.com

• gonna be a good game...

I hope...I have sat through too many lopsided games against the Colts

gonna be a good game...

2 games?
    www.myspace.com

• gonna be a good game...

2 games?

On Sunday, he’ll make his fourth career start against the Eagles when Colts visit the Linc for a 4:15 p.m. game. In his first three starts against the Eagles, the Colts are 3-0, winning by an average of 24 points per game.

I know there was a 3rd game I suffered through

You mean donald brown,Harts hurt as well. How are we a 2.5 pt favorite,thats nuts to me.
    Go Birds!!!!

2 games?

On Sunday, he’ll make his fourth career start against the Eagles when Colts visit the Linc for a 4:15 p.m. game. In his first three starts against the Eagles, the Colts are 3-0, winning by an average of 24 points per game.

I know there was a 3rd game I suffered through

touche....i stand corrected. the first one was in '99 though. that doesn't count!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

GO BIRDS!

i've always given reid all the credit he is worth. he's a good coach. not great one. good. we've been through all this before about him continuing to make the same mistakes 11 years in as he made back in '99 etc etc etc. nothing has changed. schotenheimer is a good comparison. 2 months since the last time we talked about this doesn't change anything.

people have a tendency to overreact on a week by week basis in the nfl and in most sports. thus far donovan looks like he's aged a whole lot since last year. that line is really bad in front of him though. shanahan looks like a dope for benching him right now. he's probably hoping for the same result the fat man got out of 5 back in '08 after that benching. again--i don't see how 8 games can end the debate about if shanahan is a good coach or not. that is pretty ridiculous. 7 or 8 wins is realistic for the talent on that team. so at 4-4 he's on pace to get the most out of the talent he has to work with...that's kinda, exactly, what a good coach does.

i hope the trade ends up in the birds favor. ironic that both 5 and his successor have both been benched at some point this year. :lol: . long season. not even halfway through. but 8 or 9 wins can very well get you into the playoffs in the horrendous nfc this year and both the skins and birds are on the same pace at this point... which is exactly what i expected to happen.

so, yeah...halfway through the season. relax. GO. BIRDS.

I agree that people overreact to things each week. I don't understand why everyone blows shanahan though. He has been terrible for over a decade now. The skins aren't a good team, but the mcnabb trade wasn't a good move for them at the time. and it sure as hell doesn't look good now.

no way in hell the skins make the playoffs. I still say 6 wins for them. They suck

James Mungro ??

he never loses to the steelers
This discussion has been closed.