THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    there's a chance vick can practice wednesday. might not be out as long as people are speculating. day to day thing at this point...

Sounds like that's flack jacket territory...

did you end up trading him yet?
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    there's a chance vick can practice wednesday. might not be out as long as people are speculating. day to day thing at this point...

Nah. Was actually going to end up trading him this week for a half-decent rb instead of letting him sit, but I guess that's not happening now. :roll:

Nah. Was actually going to end up trading him this week for a half-decent rb instead of letting him sit, but I guess that's not happening now. :roll:

doh....hopefully he doesn't miss too much time.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mccoy broke a rib. eagles trying to get marshawn lynch
    looks like vick will only miss this week and possibly next week:

Vick admits to "small fracture" in his ribs
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 4, 2010 11:36 PM ET
    X-rays were negative, but an MRI apparently found something that previously wasn't disclosed on Monday.

In an appearance on Bruce Smith's radio show on WXTG radio, Vick admitted that he has a fracture in his rib cage.

"There is some cartilage damage up in there and a small fracture up in there, so maybe a week, maybe two weeks," Vick said of his potential absence. "We'll have to see. I've got some cartilage damage up in there, in the upper area of my ribs. I just have to work through it. I've always been a quick healer. It won't be no more than one, two weeks hopefully. Hopefully."

The primary treatment? Nothing.

"The most important thing is just rest," Vick said. "There is really nothing you can do for a rib injury, especially in the upper part of your rib cage. I'll get rest, I've got a Hyperbaric machine and I'll be spending a lot of time in that trying to restore my blood cells. I'll stay in the treatment room, getting ice for it and just trying to get movement."

Vick is expected to miss Sunday night's game against the 49ers. The following week, the Eagles host Vick's former team, the Falcons.
    www.myspace.com
    And hopefully McCoy doesn't miss any time. For the Birds, and my fantasy hopes....talk about the epitome of hollowed stats that make fantasy football what is is - got 23 points out of Shady this past week.
    And hopefully McCoy doesn't miss any time. For the Birds, and my fantasy hopes....talk about the epitome of hollowed stats that make fantasy football what is is - got 23 points out of Shady this past week.

well kolb did throw to him about 50 times...
    www.myspace.com

well kolb did throw to him about 50 times...

Yeah....and I'm in a PPR league. HA.

It should be fun beating my dad in fantasy, but not when he's technologically illiterate and has no idea how to use a computer.
    interested to see how kolb does without reid being able to throw vick in every other play. really tough spot tonight though.

gonna have this on the little tv near the bar area tonight....GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Kolb is good for 7 points? Right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Kolb is good for 7 points? Right?

few more than that hopefully. :mrgreen:

this is really his first chance this year though. no wildcat over his shoulder tonight.

if i were a betting man( :lol: ) , i'd lay off the birds tonight.
    www.myspace.com
  • i love this game.

I like the complete passes, first downs and Kolb looking more confident!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    i love this game.

me too :mrgreen: .....though i hate not being able to see it live. i just finished on dvr.

good game...exciting game....yet ugly at the same time. add it all up and you get a pretty BIG win for this team.

definite confidence booster for kolb. see what he can do when not having to look over his shoulder andy? on a national stage i think he showed the rest of the country what most of us in here think he can eventually be. vick should be back in there next week though... not sure what mccoy was thinking on that slide at the end there. my boy brandon graham finally came through with a big play. nate allen continues to impress. defense as a whole needs to be a lot better though, obviously. hopefully samuel will be back next week.

3-2 after 5 weeks and a share in first place. not too bad for a rebuilding year. again-- 10 wins gets this division. i still think we'll be in the mix until the end.

go.
    birds.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    i love this game.

me too :mrgreen: .....though i hate not being able to see it live. i just finished on dvr.

good game...exciting game....yet ugly at the same time. add it all up and you get a pretty BIG win for this team.

definite confidence booster for kolb. see what he can do when not having to look over his shoulder andy? on a national stage i think he showed the rest of the country what most of us in here think he can eventually be. vick should be back in there next week though... not sure what mccoy was thinking on that slide at the end there. my boy brandon graham finally came through with a big play. nate allen continues to impress. defense as a whole needs to be a lot better though, obviously. hopefully samuel will be back next week.

3-2 after 5 weeks and a share in first place. not too bad for a rebuilding year. again-- 10 wins gets this division. i still think we'll be in the mix until the end.

go.
    birds.

Too early to say if the Eagles will be in the mix. The combined record of the teams they beat this year, 4-11. They have a tough road ahead, but they aren't in a bad spot at all. In much better shape than the Cowboys, that's for sure ;)
    10 wins will take this division dude. birds should be around 8 or 9. 3 games will probably separate first place from last place. league wide mediocrity---the nfl's dream has come true.

these injuries just wont stop. looks like bunk is out for the year.....however i have really liked what i've seen from trevor laws since training camp though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I still stick with what i've said all along 10-6 is very possible,but 9-7 is most likely.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I still stick with what i've said all along 10-6 is very possible,but 9-7 is most likely.

they've suffered some pretty serious injuries man. starting center...pro bowl full back...starting d tackle--all out for the year...both qb's have missed time, asante samuel was out last week. not sure if he will be back for atlanta. i think 10-6 is a stretch at this point with what lies ahead. 8-9 seems the most likely.

that said, 3-2 is where i thought they'd be right now.

actually this week is pretty huge. we're not going to be favored to win, but i think we have a decent shot. falcons are not the best of road teams. if they win, it'll be huge. if not, they're looking at the titans and colts in successive weeks before going to washington on a monday night. we probably won't be favored in too many games from here on out. perfect game to steal this week. we need it....
    www.myspace.com
    ..........and apparenlty bunkley's not out for the year. good news. if jerome brown can play half a season with a broken arm, bunk should be able to go with bum elbow right?!
    www.myspace.com
    ..........and apparenlty bunkley's not out for the year. good news. if jerome brown can play half a season with a broken arm, bunk should be able to go with bum elbow right?!

Run def looked much better once he left the game, I'm not saying its all his fault but we held gore in check without him.
    Go Birds!!!!

Run def looked much better once he left the game, I'm not saying its all his fault but we held gore in check without him.

traded mike bell for jerome harrison today....
    www.myspace.com
    over under on jon abraham sack total going up against king dunlap sunday? i'm putting it at 2.5 any takers?

kolb's blindside too...oh boy :shock:
    www.myspace.com
    go birds.

i knew that line looked weird...
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Nice win..Kolb looked really solid

I thought DJAX was dead...wow he got crushed

I think he may be done for a long time after that...the dude is gonna get killed he's so small

I was in the car for a little bit of the game listening to it on the radio..Man Merrill Reese is so doom and gloom as soon as the Eagles don't make a play or give up a play...He's so annoying :roll: I never listen to him if I can help it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    good overall win. Except for Akers missing 3 Fg's just about as good as you can get.

I think D-jack will sit next game and be ready after the bye week, same with Vick.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    good overall win. Except for Akers missing 3 Fg's just about as good as you can get.

I think D-jack will sit next game and be ready after the bye week, same with Vick.

they said on the phils game that it is a severe concussion and that he has memory loss. he might be out a while. good timing for the bye though.

by the way, have i mentioned this defense will surprise people by the end of the season? :mrgreen:

holding turner to 45 yards a week after stuffing frank gore.....impressive, indeed.
    www.myspace.com

they said on the phils game that it is a severe concussion and that he has memory loss. he might be out a while. good timing for the bye though.

by the way, have i mentioned this defense will surprise people by the end of the season? :mrgreen:

holding turner to 45 yards a week after stuffing frank gore.....impressive, indeed.

Great game Kolb looked awesome,once again No Bunkley and are rushing def was lights out. Since Bunkley got hurt are rushing def has been damn good against gore and turner. I just read Jackson could be out 3 weeks that hit has nasty. Don't get the 15yd defenseless hit part it looked as if the cb was making the play on jackson. Looked clean just brutal imo, and how bout them cowboys as well gotta love it. I stick by my 10-6 or 9-7 perdiction,and like i said before the season Kolb should be the qb the kids gonna be real good in this league.
    Go Birds!!!!

Great game Kolb looked awesome,once again No Bunkley and are rushing def was lights out. Since Bunkley got hurt are rushing def has been damn good against gore and turner. I just read Jackson could be out 3 weeks that hit has nasty. Don't get the 15yd defenseless hit part it looked as if the cb was making the play on jackson. Looked clean just brutal imo, and how bout them cowboys as well gotta love it. I stick by my 10-6 or 9-7 perdiction,and like i said before the season Kolb should be the qb the kids gonna be real good in this league.

you don't know for sure about kolb till the season is over dude. good game/bad game---we need to see a full year. :lol: ....the rollercoaster ride with people is funny (not you specifically). he looked good. like i've said all along though, there are so many weapons on this offense, all the qb has to be is average and we will put up numbers. king dunlap surprised me yesterday. i thought abraham was going to abuse him.

9 wins is more realistic. i'll say it again though--the 2nd half schedule is brutal dude. they needed to take that game yesterday and they did. the falcons are not a good road team. 4-2 is where we needed to be at this point. season gets tough beginning next week. we do catch a break with the titans on a short week (and hopefully coming off a 3 point victory to complete my parlay ;) )though.
    www.myspace.com
  • That hit on Jackson was disturbing...I thought he was dead when I first saw it. And the NFL wants to add 2 more games???
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    That hit on Jackson was disturbing...I thought he was dead when I first saw it. And the NFL wants to add 2 more games???

most violent hit i've ever seen. it was very disturbing on TV because it was like a car wreck in that for a second or so before it happened you could see it coming in almost slow motion. I audibly gasped seeing it. can't imagine what it felt like at the game. just brutal. i have a bad feeling he is going to be out a long while but hopefully nothing long term.

not sure what the NFL can do but the violence and hitting is almost getting out of control. I think someone is honestly going to die on the field soon as the players are just too strong and fast. not sure how every player doesn't get a concussion every week. agree 18 games is insanity.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    That hit on Jackson was disturbing...I thought he was dead when I first saw it. And the NFL wants to add 2 more games???

most violent hit i've ever seen. it was very disturbing on TV because it was like a car wreck in that for a second or so before it happened you could see it coming in almost slow motion. I audibly gasped seeing it. can't imagine what it felt like at the game. just brutal. i have a bad feeling he is going to be out a long while but hopefully nothing long term.

not sure what the NFL can do but the violence and hitting is almost getting out of control. I think someone is honestly going to die on the field soon as the players are just too strong and fast. not sure how every player doesn't get a concussion every week. agree 18 games is insanity.

The NFL needs to do something about these hits. Fining these guys $10K isn't sending the message. They need to start suspending these guys and fining them amounts that are really going to hit these guys hard in the wallet.

The 18 game thing is ridiculous. Can the people running the NFL be bigger hypocrites?? They are so concerned about concussion, yet want to add 2 more regular season games? I think it has become obvious this season with all of the big hits/concussions that adding any more regular season games is a terrible idea...
This discussion has been closed.