THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Eagles news conference live on ESPN at noon.

Its always at noon after a game
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

Gotcha. I guess they are really advertising it on ESPN because of Vick's injury...
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Gotcha. I guess they are really advertising it on ESPN because of Vick's injury...

Yeah probably....they like to beat every story to death
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:

its the regular monday afternoon press conference. every coach has one.

i like how they are pressing him on the clock management at the end of the half. refs screwed up. but you have to have a contingency plan there. 12 years in the league and reid still makes the same mistakes. comforting to know that he's taking responsibility for it though. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    large_mcnabb_wideouts.jpg

Miss me yet?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Flagg wrote:
    large_mcnabb_wideouts.jpg

Miss me yet?

No, not at all. did he even play yesterday? I didn't notice him during the game
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    crazypjfan wrote:

its the regular monday afternoon press conference. every coach has one.

i like how they are pressing him on the clock management at the end of the half. refs screwed up. but you have to have a contingency plan there. 12 years in the league and reid still makes the same mistakes. comforting to know that he's taking responsibility for it though. :roll:

I wouldn't say the responsibility is comforting. He always takes the blame, whether it is deserved or not. So to hear him doing it here comes off like everything else he says - disengenuous.
    coach press conferences are a waste of time. 99% of what they say is BS. does them no good to tell the truth in those things. I don't know why people put any worth into what they say

that said, reid didn't have his best game yesterday
  • The Fixer wrote:

When has he had a really great game? Do we ever have enough timeouts at the end of the game? Do we ever run the ball enough? Hey...lets try a shotgun QB sneak on 4th and 1. That's a great way to pick up inches Andy.

I'm tired of him and this regime. We will never ever win a Super Bowl with him. He's average when it doesn't count and putrid when it does count. Peters, the Andrews Borthers and going into the season with 2 O-liners coming off serious injuries were all strokes of genius. "I've gotta do a better job" over and over every single week for 11 years. How about fixing it asshat? If I ever walked into a bosses office week after week saying that, I would be fired.
    The Fixer wrote:

When has he had a really great game? Do we ever have enough timeouts at the end of the game? Do we ever run the ball enough? Hey...lets try a shotgun QB sneak on 4th and 1. That's a great way to pick up inches Andy.

I'm tired of him and this regime. We will never ever win a Super Bowl with him. He's average when it doesn't count and putrid when it does count. Peters, the Andrews Borthers and going into the season with 2 O-liners coming off serious injuries were all strokes of genius. "I've gotta do a better job" over and over every single week for 11 years. How about fixing it asshat? If I ever walked into a bosses office week after week saying that, I would be fired.

what coach do you want? I love when people say they are sick of him. He's had a winning season in all but 2 of his 11 years here. personally, I don't miss the ray rhodes or rich kotite years. reid has rebuilt this team on the fly and they have a decent shot at winning 9 games again. I think the chances of getting a better coach to replace reid are slim
  • The Fixer wrote:

what coach do you want? I love when people say they are sick of him. He's had a winning season in all but 2 of his 11 years here. personally, I don't miss the ray rhodes or rich kotite years. reid has rebuilt this team on the fly and they have a decent shot at winning 9 games again. I think the chances of getting a better coach to replace reid are slim

Someone who doesn't make the same mistakes OVER and OVER. I'm willing to endure the growing pains of a new coach for a year or two if it means a Super Bowl at some point. 9 games...who gives a shit? I'd rather a high draft pick and no playoffs than one and done or even worse, the tease of an NFC Championship game. It's turned into the Braves of the 90's although at least they won 1 World Series. I'm not satisfied with the playoffs anymore. Look at last year....they were favored to come out of the NFC before the regular season finale debacle against the Cowboys. They got embarrassed when home field was on the line and came back the next week with what looked to be the exact same game plan. Of course some of that goes on the shoulders of the players but if you listen to Andy's press conference, HE took full responsibility for what happened out there. If he had to do a better job after the week before against the exact same team, how did he manage to get embarrassed even more?

And finally, he has preached for years about how Kolb was going to be a star in this league. The dude ran the offense in practice for THREE years. He looked like a practice squad QB yesterday. His arm strength is garbage and all he did was drop it off to McCoy 27 times. It's too early to declare him a bust but he has shown nothing to back up how Andy has been raving about him.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    without reading 81 pages....

what, exactly, made anyone ever think that Klob was a "franchise quarterback"? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

what, exactly, made anyone ever think that Klob was a "franchise quarterback"? :?

no one is sure if he is or not yet. dude has played 2 halves of football this year. he needs to play so the orgaization can determine whether or not he's their guy going forward. Lots of good college QBs expected to be in the 2011 draft.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

ah there it is - lose a game and everyone sucks and everyone should be traded or fired. Nary a word after wins though. typical. And average NFL coaches don't have 9 out of 11 winning seasons. You are going to lose games during and NFL season - almost everyone loses at least 6 dude. Chill out. You do realize there is only 1 undefeated team in the NFL right now and it is the Kansas City Chiefs who have only played 3 games?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i was just talking bout vai sickahema (sp)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawks wrote:

ah there it is - lose a game and everyone sucks and everyone should be traded or fired. Nary a word after wins though. typical. And average NFL coaches don't have 9 out of 11 winning seasons. You are going to lose games during and NFL season - almost everyone loses at least 6 dude. Chill out. You do realize there is only 1 undefeated team in the NFL right now and it is the Kansas City Chiefs who have only played 3 games?

Actually, if you knew me I have been saying this for a few years now....even after victories. Please don't lump me in with the bandwagon WIP idiots. I have no faith in him or this regime delivering a Super Bowl. I know many people who share my thoughts. I would be saying the same thing if we were 4-0. I don't trust him, Banner or Roseman the intern. Unfortunately what I think, and what the many others who share my opinion think, doesn't matter when they sell out the Linc every single week. We are stuck with them. It has been nice to see the city turning red the past 2 years. I eagerly anticipate what announcement the Eagles plan to make a hour or two before game one of the NLDS. And I REALLY can't wait to see what they do to attempt to upstage the World Series should it be here.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

no one is sure if he is or not yet. dude has played 2 halves of football this year. he needs to play so the orgaization can determine whether or not he's their guy going forward. Lots of good college QBs expected to be in the 2011 draft.

They had already made their decision that he was 100% THE guy going forward when they traded McNabb. It just so happens he ended up with a concussion and Vick confused things.
    pjhawks wrote:

It has been nice to see the city turning red the past 2 years. I eagerly anticipate what announcement the Eagles plan to make a hour or two before game one of the NLDS. And I REALLY can't wait to see what they do to attempt to upstage the World Series should it be here.

I never understood why people bring this kind of crap up. who cares? the only people that should be crying about this type of stuff are the media members that have to cover the team. As a fan I could give 2 shits when they make announcements.
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

They had already made their decision that he was 100% THE guy going forward when they traded McNabb. It just so happens he ended up with a concussion and Vick confused things.

did you think the mcnabb trade was good for the eagles?

also, if he was 100% their guy he would have started yesterday. no one knows how good or bad kolb will be. he hasn't played enough
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    pjhawks wrote:

Actually, if you knew me I have been saying this for a few years now....even after victories. Please don't lump me in with the bandwagon WIP idiots. I have no faith in him or this regime delivering a Super Bowl. I know many people who share my thoughts. I would be saying the same thing if we were 4-0. I don't trust him, Banner or Roseman the intern. Unfortunately what I think, and what the many others who share my opinion think, doesn't matter when they sell out the Linc every single week. We are stuck with them. It has been nice to see the city turning red the past 2 years. I eagerly anticipate what announcement the Eagles plan to make a hour or two before game one of the NLDS. And I REALLY can't wait to see what they do to attempt to upstage the World Series should it be here.

to quote TO "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck by golly it must be a duck"
  • The Fixer wrote:

also, if he was 100% their guy he would have started yesterday. no one knows how good or bad kolb will be. he hasn't played enough

Actually I was ok moving on from #5 HOWEVER if given the choice between dumping Andy and giving McNabb another year here with our current weapons and a semi-compotent coach I would have endured another year of McNabb to see what happened.

And didn't they come out before the season and clearly say Kolb is the guy? They went through training camp that way and on Easter Sunday, as soon as McNabb was gone they said that. Read what I said again....if Kolb wasn't injured he would have been the guy if we are to take Reid for his word. In switching to Vick even when Kolb was healthy, they were essentially admitting they were wrong in anointing Kevin that guy. If he was in fact the guy, would Andy have said there was a chance he wouldn't be here after the trade deadline? There is definitely a chance he could be the guy someday but based on what i saw yesterday and vs. the Packers, I saw very little positive in his game. His arm strength sucks, his decision making sucks, he clearly seems afraid to throw downfield and he probably should have been intercepted 3 times. McNabb wasn't really much better but he got the W.

Am I talking to Howard Eskin right now? I can't say I can ever remember someone so steadfastly defending Fat Andy. I guess you thought we were ok in the WR department all of those years and it was just a coincidence we went to the Super Bowl the only year we had a legit #1?

And calling me a duck for speaking the truth....classy. Maybe I will stop by the sheep farm and visit you. :lol:
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I never understood why people bring this kind of crap up. who cares? the only people that should be crying about this type of stuff are the media members that have to cover the team. As a fan I could give 2 shits when they make announcements.

I care. I was really looking forward to opening day with Halladay on the mound and conveniently, on Easter sunday, the Eagles pick then to announce the McNabb trade. I was also looking forward to the Braves series 3 weeks ago but all we heard about the Vick/Kolb. I'm hoping it keeps swaying to the Phils. They have taken over as the hottest ticket in town.
    The Fixer wrote:

Actually I was ok moving on from #5 HOWEVER if given the choice between dumping Andy and giving McNabb another year here with our current weapons and a semi-compotent coach I would have endured another year of McNabb to see what happened.

And didn't they come out before the season and clearly say Kolb is the guy? They went through training camp that way and on Easter Sunday, as soon as McNabb was gone they said that. Read what I said again....if Kolb wasn't injured he would have been the guy if we are to take Reid for his word. In switching to Vick even when Kolb was healthy, they were essentially admitting they were wrong in anointing Kevin that guy. If he was in fact the guy, would Andy have said there was a chance he wouldn't be here after the trade deadline? There is definitely a chance he could be the guy someday but based on what i saw yesterday and vs. the Packers, I saw very little positive in his game. His arm strength sucks, his decision making sucks, he clearly seems afraid to throw downfield and he probably should have been intercepted 3 times. McNabb wasn't really much better but he got the W.

Am I talking to Howard Eskin right now? I can't say I can ever remember someone so steadfastly defending Fat Andy. I guess you thought we were ok in the WR department all of those years and it was just a coincidence we went to the Super Bowl the only year we had a legit #1?

And calling me a duck for speaking the truth....classy. Maybe I will stop by the sheep farm and visit you. :lol:

I don't understand why anyone puts any worth into what he says in press conferences. who cares what he says? vick was playing well, so he played him. if he didn't people would say he's too stubborn...he starts the guy that he thinks gives the team a better chance to win and he still gets ripped. gotta love eagles fans (well, not really)

looks like kolb is out for a while, so kolb is gonna get his shot. we will see how he does. he needs to play so this team can see what they've got going forward. he's played 2 halves of football this year...that's no where near enough time to evaluate whether or not he can succeed in the NFL.

I'm a reid fan. Philly is always too quick to eat their own. The guys wins games. Replacing him with someone that's gonna do a better job is not very likely in my opinion.

also, the mcnabb trade was great for the eagles.
  • The Fixer wrote:

I don't understand why anyone puts any worth into what he says in press conferences. who cares what he says? vick was playing well, so he played him. if he didn't people would say he's too stubborn...he starts the guy that he thinks gives the team a better chance to win and he still gets ripped. gotta love eagles fans (well, not really)

looks like kolb is out for a while, so kolb is gonna get his shot. we will see how he does. he needs to play so this team can see what they've got going forward. he's played 2 halves of football this year...that's no where near enough time to evaluate whether or not he can succeed in the NFL.

I'm a reid fan. Philly is always too quick to eat their own. The guys wins games. Replacing him with someone that's gonna do a better job is not very likely in my opinion.

I will agree the McNabb trade worked out great. I think that pick ended up being Nate Allen.

And I will agree Andy has a stellar regular season record. He's not a bad coach, he's just really stubborn and really stupid sometimes. I'm sure you could say the same about many coaches but my personal point is, I am sick of hearing the same excuses week after week for years. I was actually very very impressed that he decided to go with Vick after insisting Kolb was the guy. It took balls for him to admit he was wrong and he made his choice based on what he thought to be the best interest of the team. I'll give him props for that.
    The Fixer wrote:

I care. I was really looking forward to opening day with Halladay on the mound and conveniently, on Easter sunday, the Eagles pick then to announce the McNabb trade. I was also looking forward to the Braves series 3 weeks ago but all we heard about the Vick/Kolb. I'm hoping it keeps swaying to the Phils. They have taken over as the hottest ticket in town.

so you didn't enjoy halladay's first start because mcnabb got traded the day before? that makes no sense
    The Fixer wrote:

I will agree the McNabb trade worked out great. I think that pick ended up being Nate Allen.

And I will agree Andy has a stellar regular season record. He's not a bad coach, he's just really stubborn and really stupid sometimes. I'm sure you could say the same about many coaches but my personal point is, I am sick of hearing the same excuses week after week for years. I was actually very very impressed that he decided to go with Vick after insisting Kolb was the guy. It took balls for him to admit he was wrong and he made his choice based on what he thought to be the best interest of the team. I'll give him props for that.

I'm not saying reid is perfect, I just think he does a great job giving this team a chance to win every week. I have said here before that mcnabb was more of a problem than reid in regards to not winning a championship (see Arizona game). Reid is probably too stubborn at times regarding some in-game adjustments.

Bottom line is that this team isn't good enough to seriously contend this year. The defense and ST are mostly young guys and the O-line is horrendous. I think kolb needs to play so they see what they have going forward. The vick injury could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If kolb doesn't play well, then they can bring vick back next year and draft their QB of the future (with kolb playing a backup role next year if he's not traded in the offseason).

It's not easy to watch, we are used to having the eagles contend for the NFC crown. I think reid is the one that has established that culture. He deserves some leeway this year as he reloads for another SB run. They're not too far off, it's just gonna take some time
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so you didn't enjoy halladay's first start because mcnabb got traded the day before? that makes no sense

Nope, I enjoyed it just as much. I was just annoyed with how it was all over the news and CSN non-stop and the Phils were an after thought. I realized just how bad it was last night when the top story on every one of the 4 major news stations last night was McNabb getting cheered instead of booed. Really? That was the biggest story in Philadelphia?

And you are right....this team is going nowhere this year. Not with that O-line. You are 100% right that he does give them a chance to win every week. There are so coaches who don't do that and their teams end up winning in spite of the coach. The in-game adjustments you mentioned are what drives me nuts about him. He is too stubborn to go in at halftime and change the game plan and always has been. That was why I was shocked he went with Vick 2 weeks ago. I think trading Kolb would be a mistake though. Kafka isn't a #2 QB in this league. You need someone backing up Vick.

Again I want to state that this is not me overreacting after a loss calling for his head. I have felt this way for a while. The debacle at the end of the first half yesterday just served to flare up my feelings. I don't know what the difference between a 4th and inches and a 4th and a foot and a half play is but whatever it is, it's no excuse for what happened. The refs also screwed us with that particular play as well. I will say, at least he doesn't rock the horrible ponchos that Belichick wears.

Nope, I enjoyed it just as much. I was just annoyed with how it was all over the news and CSN non-stop and the Phils were an after thought. I realized just how bad it was last night when the top story on every one of the 4 major news stations last night was McNabb getting cheered instead of booed. Really? That was the biggest story in Philadelphia?

And you are right....this team is going nowhere this year. Not with that O-line. You are 100% right that he does give them a chance to win every week. There are so coaches who don't do that and their teams end up winning in spite of the coach. The in-game adjustments you mentioned are what drives me nuts about him. He is too stubborn to go in at halftime and change the game plan and always has been. That was why I was shocked he went with Vick 2 weeks ago. I think trading Kolb would be a mistake though. Kafka isn't a #2 QB in this league. You need someone backing up Vick.

Again I want to state that this is not me overreacting after a loss calling for his head. I have felt this way for a while. The debacle at the end of the first half yesterday just served to flare up my feelings. I don't know what the difference between a 4th and inches and a 4th and a foot and a half play is but whatever it is, it's no excuse for what happened. The refs also screwed us with that particular play as well. I will say, at least he doesn't rock the horrible ponchos that Belichick wears.

I hear ya man...the media in this city can be brutal. I find it's best to just ignore it when something like mcnabb coming back to philly happens.

As for kolb getting traded, I was talking more about in the offseason. They can always add a vet to back up vick or whoever the starter is next year.

Yesterday was frustrating. Unfortunately I think this season is gonna have more games like that. Awful spot for the Eagles this week...prime time game on the road vs a team looking for their first win of the year. not good times
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    there's a chance vick can practice wednesday. might not be out as long as people are speculating. day to day thing at this point...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    there's a chance vick can practice wednesday. might not be out as long as people are speculating. day to day thing at this point...

Sounds like that's flack jacket territory...
This discussion has been closed.