THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    Do you really think that a small percentage of people give philly the rep that it has? It's not just the media that thinks this about philly...it's players, coaches, and fans from other cities as well.

whatever, I don't want this to turn into the phils thread so I will chill.

If its 65% aholes how does that affect you ? I realize we all get lumped together but who cares anymore

I used to care and get embarrassed watching these people on the news or reading about it...but I'm not like that and my friends arent like that and thats all that matters

Players I dont care about they get payed millions of dollars...if you're gonna let fans get under your skin then 2 things :

1) You're not playing well and are supposed to be and thats why you're hearing the boos

2)You're not giving 100% when you're playing

Its a fairly honest town...Plenty of players have said they love playing here
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so i have been wondering....who is the Ryan Howard of the eagles
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    so i have been wondering....who is the Ryan Howard of the eagles

I was going to make a funny, but then I thought about it......I'd say Asante Samuel - paid A LOT of money to do one thing real well.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    nate allen....nfl defensive rookie of the month.

B
    E
    A
    S
    T

GO BIRDS.

gotta give the big man credit...haven't heard much about earl thomas. meanwhile allen and graham have made instant impacts.

i would like to see more from graham. he gets a lot of hurries but doesn't have many tackles yet.

but yeah, these guys have looked good since august. d's gonna surprise people by the end of the season...i'm telling you guys...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:
    Do you really think that a small percentage of people give philly the rep that it has? It's not just the media that thinks this about philly...it's players, coaches, and fans from other cities as well.

the joke of it is Fixer though is people try to portray Philly fans as worse than other east coast teams and it's just not true. New York fans and media are just as bad if not worse than Philly fans. the New York media is absolutely brutal on their teams and players, way worse than philly but it's new york so players don't complain about it. A portion of Eagles fans are mental midgets but no more than Giants of Jets fans. I do think the vocal majority of Eagle fans are a different breed than the other teams - Phillies fans are, how do I say this without offending, a lot less white-trash-ish than Eagle fans (at least the ones that go to the games). for the most part Philly fans are pretty darn loyal - we do show up (not including the Sixers) regardless of how the team is. We never had to give 20,000 tickets away and never didn't sell out playoff games - hell didn't the yanks have their 1st sellout of the year the other night?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the joke of it is Fixer though is people try to portray Philly fans as worse than other east coast teams and it's just not true. New York fans and media are just as bad if not worse than Philly fans. the New York media is absolutely brutal on their teams and players, way worse than philly but it's new york so players don't complain about it. A portion of Eagles fans are mental midgets but no more than Giants of Jets fans. I do think the vocal majority of Eagle fans are a different breed than the other teams - Phillies fans are, how do I say this without offending, a lot less white-trash-ish than Eagle fans (at least the ones that go to the games). for the most part Philly fans are pretty darn loyal - we do show up (not including the Sixers) regardless of how the team is. We never had to give 20,000 tickets away and never didn't sell out playoff games - hell didn't the yanks have their 1st sellout of the year the other night?

dude....is this you?
    high_horse.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    might have to sell my two tickets for sunday. will know for sure by early tomorrow afternoon but figured i would give you guys a heads up just in case. looking for $150 for the pair which is basically face. we'd have to meet up somewhere i guess. let me know if you're interested and then i will follow up tomorrow if we def are getting rid of them

section 220, row 28, seats 1 and 2. it's kind of a big game. let me know...thanks
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    might have to sell my two tickets for sunday. will know for sure by early tomorrow afternoon but figured i would give you guys a heads up just in case. looking for $150 for the pair which is basically face. we'd have to meet up somewhere i guess. let me know if you're interested and then i will follow up tomorrow if we def are getting rid of them

section 220, row 28, seats 1 and 2. it's kind of a big game. let me know...thanks

Balls deep interested.

Wow. Something's gotta be pretty important to miss this game.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2010
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not true. no one went to the phils games at the vet. I love when people say what a great sports town philly is. It's a team that supports winning teams, but doesn't every city (except atlanta)?? I think the flyers and eagle fans are loyal, but sixers and phillie fans are fair weather. jimmy rollins was 100% right when he said as much. the only fans that show up when the team isn't winning are eagles fans.

anyway, I really don't feel like continuing this debate. you guys know how I feel. No need to argue about it...it's all a matter of opinion. I'll stop bringing it up.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I'd love to but I'll be down the shore at a wedding. Not sure what time I'll be back on sunday.

Hopefully everything is alright...I'm sure you were looking forward to seeing this game
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjhawks wrote:

New York fans and media are just as bad if not worse than Philly fans. the New York media is absolutely brutal on their teams and players, way worse than philly but it's new york so players don't complain about it.
    couldn't agree anymore with you
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Angelo Cataldi is a serious douche...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nabb-home/
    edited October 2010
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Angelo Cataldi is a serious douche...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nabb-home/

uh huh
    you guys must have a lot in common :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

Balls deep interested.

my buddy who i have the tickets with is pretty sick and might not be able to go. he just told me today. and for some reason i'm having a hard time finding someone else to take his spot last minute. plus the people we tailgate with are out of town and yada yada yada...whatever..........anyway, i'll send you a pm or a facebook thing tomorrow to let you know for sure.
    www.myspace.com

Balls deep interested.

my buddy who i have the tickets with is pretty sick and might not be able to go. he just told me today. and for some reason i'm having a hard time finding someone else to take his spot last minute. plus the people we tailgate with are out of town and yada yada yada...whatever..........anyway, i'll send you a pm or a facebook thing tomorrow to let you know for sure.

Word. Let me know.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Todays finially here,i can't wait for this game. I'm thinking 24-16 or 20-13 birds,even though i was sick of 5 i hope he gets a well deserved applause. He did do alot for this franchise and shouldn't get booed. i'd say it's 70-30 reaction in favor of him. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    "It's Philadelphia." - Every national pundit's response that we will boo McNabb. :roll:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Was watching ESPN this morning and Sal interviewed some fans in the parking lot and they booed MnNabb. I liked McNabb, if i was there i would cheer him. Still think Eagles will win, but McNabb will have a good game. I say Eagles- 27, Skins- 21
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    i can't believe i am not in the parking lot right now...picture perfect day out there. oh well..

regarding the booing: i could not be more sick of the over psychoanalysis of the philadelphia fan at this point. anybody who really gets us knows that the overwhelming majority of people will cheer him for the intros and before the game. a small, vocal minority will boo and the cataldi idiots (all 30 of them) will make complete total fools of themselves. who do you think the media will focus more on? :roll:

i think the line is about right. birds by a touchdown today.

go birds.

appalachian brewing company's water gap wheat is sponsoring my potential blackout in my basement today if anyone's wondering. that beer is top notch.
    www.myspace.com
    And Sunday Countdown has to stop playing this gay ass "Gives you hell" song for any segment regarding McNabbathon.

UPDATE - Love that they're using "Poker Face" for this McNabb segment now. Knowing that it has to do with lesbianism. :lol:
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Eagles D looks awful...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    What kind of reception did McNabb get?
    Did the eagles not get the memo about theee being a game at 4 eastern
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Phillies offensive line sucks BADLY!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited October 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What kind of reception did McNabb get?

what everyone who truly understands philadephia thought he'd get: an overwhelmingly positive ovation before the game and boos during the game. and that is 100% appropriate.

the fact that terry bradshaw said the biggest surprise of the game was the ovation mcnabb got speaks volumes about how clueless the national media is about what actually goes on around here. ridiculous.

again--congrats to the philly fans.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sloppiest game ever.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Sloppiest game ever.

it is rough...nice td by kolb. but if he were the qb for the rest of the year lesean mccoy will have 100 catches. with the skins secondary, you have to wonder why they didn't try to stretch the field once or twice...
    www.myspace.com
    Hey mcnabb, next time you arr trying to run out the clock, fall down in bounds. Dumb ass
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Hey mcnabb, next time you arr trying to run out the clock, fall down in bounds. Dumb ass

he was probably thinking andy reid would use all our timeouts before the two minute warning as usual :lol:

....he was right :o:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    81 wrote:

This only matters if they lose this game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.