THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawks wrote:
    why would that surprise you? this is what drives me insane about the Eagles fans and the coverage - the complete over-reaction to anything and everything that happens week to week (see the pages regarding Vick over Kolb last week) . week to week the fans and media of this team totally overreact to everything - win and they are the greatest team ever and lose and they are the worst team ever. the truth usually lies a lot closer to the middle than either end.

Unfortunately the national stereotype of Philly fans is true for the most part. I agree with everything you said. It is certainly clear more than ever that this will always be an Eagles town. Phils won 11 in a row and stormed into first place and all anyone wanted to talk about on CSN was Kolb/Vick. And the very same people disgusted by the Vick signing love him now where as if he were still riding the bench, they would still hate them. Such a fickle city.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    why would that surprise you? this is what drives me insane about the Eagles fans and the coverage - the complete over-reaction to anything and everything that happens week to week (see the pages regarding Vick over Kolb last week) . week to week the fans and media of this team totally overreact to everything - win and they are the greatest team ever and lose and they are the worst team ever. the truth usually lies a lot closer to the middle than either end.

Unfortunately the national stereotype of Philly fans is true for the most part. I agree with everything you said. It is certainly clear more than ever that this will always be an Eagles town. Phils won 11 in a row and stormed into first place and all anyone wanted to talk about on CSN was Kolb/Vick. And the very same people disgusted by the Vick signing love him now where as if he were still riding the bench, they would still hate them. Such a fickle city.

not sure i buy this. most people i know that were disgusted by the signing last year are having a tough time rooting for him now. i was okay with the signing because of the substantial amount of time he served. but, again, most people i know that were against his signing feel the exact opposite of what you are saying here. they're birds fans so they're obviously rooting for the eagles to win and that would mean vick playing well, but it's certainly difficult and i understand that.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love how philly fans are pounding their chests after wins over 2 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL (almost losing to detroit).

On Eagles Postgame Live Sunday, viewers were asked a poll question: Which team do you think will win the NFC East? I thought most people would pick the Eagles. If I had to put an over-under on the number, I would’ve said 75 percent.

These are Eagles fans, after all.

When the result was announced, even Governor Rendell – a man who understands polling better than most – was stunned. Eighty-four percent of those responding picked the Eagles to win the division. It was a landslide.

well put. and I agree 100%. that's one of the reasons why philly fans annoy me

I agree. All of a sudden, Philly is going to the Super Bowl after two wins against shitty teams! lol Vick for mayor, fuck my dog, he's a dick anyway.... :lol::lol:

Never ceases to amaze this guy here, yeah the one with all the insight.... :lol::lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I can't believe I'll root somewhat for this team, then again I can't stand the Washington team just as much. :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

I was at a bar to watch phils/mets back in august. The eagles preseason opener was on too. Once the eagles game started they put the football game on all but one TV. I was so pissed, who cares about preseason football?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I was at a bar to watch phils/mets back in august. The eagles preseason opener was on too. Once the eagles game started they put the football game on all but one TV. I was so pissed, who cares about preseason football?

The Jaegler does - remembered he tried to tell us how important pre-season was.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

The Jaegler does - remembered he tried to tell us how important pre-season was.

hey i tried to tell you kolb looked awful. apparently andy reid agreed. you guys should have paid attention :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Anyone heading to the game this weekend? if you're going I hope you're not planning to boo mcnabb.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Anyone heading to the game this weekend? if you're going I hope you're not planning to boo mcnabb.

I read other message boards they were saying that hack Cataldi was trying to get the dirty 30 back together to boo McNabb Sunday
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

I read other message boards they were saying that hack Cataldi was trying to get the dirty 30 back together to boo McNabb Sunday

what an embarrassment to the city and to true fans of the team. i hope that doesn't get as much media attention as it probably will.

there will be boos, but i think the cheers will drown them out. i'll be there cheering...until the game starts. should be fun.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

what an embarrassment to the city and to true fans of the team. i hope that doesn't get as much media attention as it probably will.

there will be boos, but i think the cheers will drown them out. i'll be there cheering...until the game starts. should be fun.

Yeah Cataldi is a POS...no clue about sports

I wish 97.5 would get a local morning insetad of that crap with Mike and Mike :roll:

Yeah Cataldi is a POS...no clue about sports

I wish 97.5 would get a local morning insetad of that crap with Mike and Mike :roll:

he wrote an article in that metro paper about a month ago saying kolb was a better quarterback than mcnabb right now. MORON.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

That is ridiculous. What a jerk off.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That is ridiculous. What a jerk off.

30 white trash dip shits led by their leader.

Apparently I brought up that WT dude who wears the shoulder pads and paints his face and cries about Dawkins, and funny I should mention him because I guess Cataldi ousted him from his freak show.

McNabb should be cheered when his name is announced, then booed the rest of the way. Once kickoff begins, eat.....his.....face.
  • And another thing to add to that - ya know how Jon Stewart is planning a rally in DC to retore sanity, rationality, etc. to the media covering politic, yada, yada?

I think the same should be done for Eagles fans.

You guys saying that the national perception of Philly fans is more correct than wrong is plain retarded. It's funny how the psychotic white trash minority is allowed to speak for the silent majority in this area boggles my mind. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to because now I just zone it out. Now I actually want to play into their stereotype. Ya know why? Cause fuck 'em that's why.
    nate allen....nfl defensive rookie of the month.

B
    E
    A
    S
    T

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    nate allen....nfl defensive rookie of the month.

B
    E
    A
    S
    T

GO BIRDS.

gotta give the big man credit...haven't heard much about earl thomas. meanwhile allen and graham have made instant impacts.
    And another thing to add to that - ya know how Jon Stewart is planning a rally in DC to retore sanity, rationality, etc. to the media covering politic, yada, yada?

You guys saying that the national perception of Philly fans is more correct than wrong is plain retarded. It's funny how the psychotic white trash minority is allowed to speak for the silent majority in this area boggles my mind. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to because now I just zone it out. Now I actually want to play into their stereotype. Ya know why? Cause fuck 'em that's why.

You know how I feel. Eagles fans are especially bad. If I was a pro athlete philly would be one of the last places I would want to play.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    And another thing to add to that - ya know how Jon Stewart is planning a rally in DC to retore sanity, rationality, etc. to the media covering politic, yada, yada?

You know how I feel. Eagles fans are especially bad. If I was a pro athlete philly would be one of the last places I would want to play.

Yeah, I hear ya. And that's retarded.

People in this city waited for what went down on October 31, 2008 a loooooong time.
    The Fixer wrote:

People in this city waited for what went down on October 31, 2008 a loooooong time.

yep, and then almost ran the single-most important player from that team out of town.

perfect example
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yep, and then almost ran the single-most important player from that team out of town.

perfect example

Yeah, go check out New York some time when they were in a slump in the middle of their World Series runs and called for the heads of people like Mussina, Wells. Or Giants fans calling for Manning and Coughlin's heads early in the 07 season. Yeah, looked how that turned out. It's called a big city with a big media which in turn stews the masses. Point being - there are idiots everywhere.

Yeah, go check out New York some time when they were in a slump in the middle of their World Series runs and called for the heads of people like Mussina, Wells. Or Giants fans calling for Manning and Coughlin's heads early in the 07 season. Yeah, looked how that turned out. It's called a big city with a big media which in turn stews the masses. Point being - there are idiots everywhere.

none of that happened the year AFTER one of those teams won it all.

there are idiots everywhere. I just think there are more here than anywhere else.
  • My point is you pick your poison in proving your point. They can't ridicule Hamels, but they should ridicule Manuel just because you incisively say they "win despite him." Bull........shit is what I say to that. Tell me the difference between Torre's horribly mediocre career as a manager and when he was given the keys to the Lamborghini with the Yankees compared to Manuel and what he was given here?
  • The Fixer wrote:

none of that happened the year AFTER one of those teams won it all.

there are idiots everywhere. I just think there are more here than anywhere else.

Honestly, and not trying to be a full on hard on here, but I think a lot of that is because you already have a pretentious judgment of these fans in general. I've got a lot of problems with this city, and it ain't the fans.

I get in a TON of arguments - friends or not - when it comes to Philly sports, but at the end of it, I know they want the same as me. Then again, I like being a total d-bag at games to the point where visiting fans shake their head at the "embarrassment" that we are as they say. I enjoy the fact that outsiders can't come here without getting hassled.
    My point is you pick your poison in proving your point. They can't ridicule Hamels, but they should ridicule Manuel just because you incisively say they "win despite him." Bull........shit is what I say to that. Tell me the difference between Torre's horribly mediocre career as a manager and when he was given the keys to the Lamborghini with the Yankees compared to Manuel and what he was given here?

I hear what you're saying but isn't the manager different than the player that carried the team through the playoffs?

I will go to my grave saying that charlie manuel is a dipshit. Just watching that damon play tonight...manuel has to make sure that if he puts the shift on that someone better be covering 3rd on a steal.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    My point is you pick your poison in proving your point. They can't ridicule Hamels, but they should ridicule Manuel just because you incisively say they "win despite him." Bull........shit is what I say to that. Tell me the difference between Torre's horribly mediocre career as a manager and when he was given the keys to the Lamborghini with the Yankees compared to Manuel and what he was given here?

I hear what you're saying but isn't the manager different than the player that carried the team through the playoffs?

I will go to my grave saying that charlie manuel is a dipshit. Just watching that damon play tonight...manuel has to make sure that if he puts the shift on that someone better be covering 3rd on a steal.

Not every fan is going to be the "Perfect Fan" it takes all kinds

Some are level headed some are not..some are aholes some are not....Its like ESPN lumping all the Eagles fans into that draft when McNabb got boo'ed...its a segment of fans that get the most publicity which is usally the a-hole fans

Why concern yourself with what other fans have to say ?

• The Fixer wrote:

So he's gotta repeat to Lidge that's his decision? If you wanna get on him for that or starting Pedro, fine, but it's that exact same shit that got them a title. And you cannot with a bone in your body honestly say he had nothing to do with a team that's won 95 while sending 16.....SIXTEEN players to the DL. That's what a manager is - they manage what they're given. And to this point, Manuel since he's been here hasn't won less than 85 games, 4 division titles, 2 pennants, a world series title. Ya can't argue with that. And can a dude be a dipshit if he had an offer to Penn and speak 3 different languages just because he comes off as a sputtering hick on camera?

Another point we disagree on - managers in the majors don't have as much influence on the game as the other 3 sports. Maybe at the lower levels, but not here. There's different managers for different levels - Showalter for young teams, Torre/Leyland(how'd that work out for him in Detroit? Lots of money, lots of talent)/Manuel for seasoned teams.
    The Fixer wrote:

Not every fan is going to be the "Perfect Fan" it takes all kinds

Some are level headed some are not..some are aholes some are not....Its like ESPN lumping all the Eagles fans into that draft when McNabb got boo'ed...its a segment of fans that get the most publicity which is usally the a-hole fans

Why concern yourself with what other fans have to say ?

Do you really think that a small percentage of people give philly the rep that it has? It's not just the media that thinks this about philly...it's players, coaches, and fans from other cities as well.

whatever, I don't want this to turn into the phils thread so I will chill.
    The Fixer wrote:

So he's gotta repeat to Lidge that's his decision? If you wanna get on him for that or starting Pedro, fine, but it's that exact same shit that got them a title. And you cannot with a bone in your body honestly say he had nothing to do with a team that's won 95 while sending 16.....SIXTEEN players to the DL. That's what a manager is - they manage what they're given. And to this point, Manuel since he's been here hasn't won less than 85 games, 4 division titles, 2 pennants, a world series title. Ya can't argue with that. And can a dude be a dipshit if he had an offer to Penn and speak 3 different languages just because he comes off as a sputtering hick on camera?

Another point we disagree on - managers in the majors don't have as much influence on the game as the other 3 sports. Maybe at the lower levels, but not here. There's different managers for different levels - Showalter for young teams, Torre/Leyland(how'd that work out for him in Detroit? Lots of money, lots of talent)/Manuel for seasoned teams.

There have been other shitty managers that have won the WS (bob brenly is a prime example). And Leyland took the Tigers there with a crap team.

I'm not a manuel fan, but he has won. No denying that. I just think some managers have the ability to win games for their teams with strategy and that is something that manuel doesn't do often enough (especially in the NL where the manager actually has to manage).

we can agree to disagree on this one...I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Do you really think that a small percentage of people give philly the rep that it has? It's not just the media that thinks this about philly...it's players, coaches, and fans from other cities as well.

whatever, I don't want this to turn into the phils thread so I will chill.

And, dude, I can't believe you can sit here and not believe it is only perpetuated by those outside of the area. Anyway, I'm done too. I love where I'm from and that's it. When I hear from someone around here get on a high horse about the issue it gets under my skin.
This discussion has been closed.