THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    reid believes he can turn vick into the next steve young. i'd be shocked if he's not here for 3 or 4 more years.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Edit: Are you happy about this? Does not seem like a very good idea to me but I also don't follow the Eagles all that much.

i would have canned reid last year and kept donovan.

this mess is all reid's doing...from signing vick last year to trading your star qb and awarding kolb 12M to takeover and then yanking him after 10 pass attempts. plus he didn't draft a single offensive lineman for depth this past april (a lot of people are saying one of the reasons for the move is they are scared kolb would have gotten killed behind that line).

so i'm pretty torn. vick obviously gives them a better chance to win right now. reid thinks they are good enough to win obviously. i saw about 9 wins at the beginning of the season with kolb before they lost their center and pro bowl full back. those are HUGE losses. vick's elusiveness can counter thoses losses to a degree. so i don't know. gonna be interesting. that much is a guarantee.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    reid believes he can turn vick into the next steve young. i'd be shocked if he's not here for 3 or 4 more years.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Edit: Are you happy about this? Does not seem like a very good idea to me but I also don't follow the Eagles all that much.

PJhawks, I was just gonna post the same thing regarding what reid says in the media. People should know that by now, the dude has been saying one thing and doing the opposite for 10 years.

reid's also smart enough to know that you have to stick with 1 qb once you make a decision. he's made that decision whether we like or not.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    yeah...pj hawks was saying he thinks vick will give us the better chance of beating the jags (mind you they are an atrocious football team :lol: ) this week but down the road kolb might be a better matchup verses another team.

"Win the next game and move on. Later in the season Kolb might give this team a better chance."

if that is what he really means, he just don't understand football. injuries happen. but nfl coaches don't look at the schedule and think one qb would fair better one week and then go with the other quarterback the next week. doesn't work that way. that's why....it never, ever, ever, ever, ever happens.

rightly or wrongly, vick is our qb whether people like it or not.

you must be taking lessons from The Fixer as you are twisting my words. at no point did i say it would definitely be revolving Quarterbacks. Right now Vick is the hot hand so you stay with him until he cools off or gets hurt. not a difficult concept.

that's the definition of a revolving door. vick's the guy dude. gotta get used to it.

and mentiong "if he gets hurt" is ridiculous to even bring up. obvously kolb would come in if that would happen. he's the number 2 qb if he doesn't get traded.
    www.myspace.com
  • metsfan wrote:
    page 14 and 15 is pure gold

Wow...bored at work I was reading it and have to agree

:lol:

Jeags and Fixer need another few page battle !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • if we end up winning 7 or 8 games with vick starting (mind you, most thought we'd have won that same amount with kolb)...after all the nonsense andy has brought upon this team over the last year.....how does he not get fired?

his job is on the line right now. this team better somehow find a way to contend this year.

Is Andy the Tony Dungy of PHI ?

A lot of wins...divison titles...playoff appearances but no SB Victories

Tony was canned as should AR be

if we end up winning 7 or 8 games with vick starting (mind you, most thought we'd have won that same amount with kolb)...after all the nonsense andy has brought upon this team over the last year.....how does he not get fired?

his job is on the line right now. this team better somehow find a way to contend this year.

more like marty schotenheimer
    www.myspace.com
  • if we end up winning 7 or 8 games with vick starting (mind you, most thought we'd have won that same amount with kolb)...after all the nonsense andy has brought upon this team over the last year.....how does he not get fired?

more like marty schotenheimer

I didn't think Marty won that many playoff games ?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:
    page 14 and 15 is pure gold

Wow...bored at work I was reading it and have to agree

:lol:

Jeags and Fixer need another few page battle !

haha, good times. me and the jeagler have a love/hate relationship. we like to keep things interesting around here
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I sure am glad another team is going through chaos right now. Let's me know the Cowboys aren't the only dysfunctional organization out there.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Not to get too fantasy-nerd, but people are BOMBARDING me with trade offers for Vick. Love it.
    Not to get too fantasy-nerd, but people are BOMBARDING me with trade offers for Vick. Love it.

sell high buddy
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Not to get too fantasy-nerd, but people are BOMBARDING me with trade offers for Vick. Love it.

sell high buddy

Absolutely. I think our trade deadline is mid-November, so I could just hold these people hostage. I used to want 50 cents on the dollar - like a mid level rb. But now I want a starting rb, or a pretty decent WR(we're a PPR league). So far best deal I'm seeing is Witten and Hightower for Finley and Vick. Not good enough I'm thinking though. Vick really has no value to me with Rodger as my QB. Alright, enough, I gotta stop.
    The Fixer wrote:

sell high buddy

Absolutely. I think our trade deadline is mid-November, so I could just hold these people hostage. I used to want 50 cents on the dollar - like a mid level rb. But now I want a starting rb, or a pretty decent WR(we're a PPR league). So far best deal I'm seeing is Witten and Hightower for Finley and Vick. Not good enough I'm thinking though. Vick really has no value to me with Rodger as my QB. Alright, enough, I gotta stop.

witten got banged up on sunday. not sure what his status is. I'd be sure to check that out before making your move.

Jacksonville blows, so vick's value should increase for another week. After that I'm skeptical.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    sell high buddy

witten got banged up on sunday. not sure what his status is. I'd be sure to check that out before making your move.

Jacksonville blows, so vick's value should increase for another week. After that I'm skeptical.

Yeah. Witten is being persistent about playing, and they're saying it's not that bad. Might be good play though, no? Hightower's been decent, and might be worth it with an average QB in AZ.

And I think Vick is a starter in any league the rest of the way. When you can essentially have a 4th rb in my league who also passes is a good thing.
    be careful with hightower. I know beanie wells was banged up to start the season. when he's healthy, he will get most of the carries out there.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    be careful with hightower. I know beanie wells was banged up to start the season. when he's healthy, he will get most of the carries out there.

This is true. I think I'm gonna wait Vick out another week or so.

I'm trying to get Charles from him instead though. I'd rather have him because he's a better long term choice over Tommy Jones.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

"let me go get my shoes" classic. that was pretty funny.

by the way, does everyone realize sean considine starts at saftey for jacksonville? SEAN CONSIDINE.

i can quarterback this team to victory on sunday.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com

david akers did an appearance at a sales trade show that my company hosted a few years back. He couldn't have been nicer. He did a Q & A while he was signing some stuff (I got a picture with him, no autograph for me). It was an open forum and people were allowed to ask him whatever they wanted. People were asking him all kinds of lame stuff like what goes through your head before a kick and crap like that. I asked him to tell us some TO stories (this was the spring after TO had left philly).

He went on and told a 15 minute story about the TO/Hugh Douglas fight. I asked him who he would have put his money on and he said and I'm quoting here, 'no doubt in my mind TO would have whooped his ass. It took 5 big lineman and linebackers to hold TO back. Hugh really wanted no parts of him'

I was floored...was cool hearing the story from someone who was there
    The Fixer wrote:

david akers did an appearance at a sales trade show that my company hosted a few years back. He couldn't have been nicer. He did a Q & A while he was signing some stuff (I got a picture with him, no autograph for me). It was an open forum and people were allowed to ask him whatever they wanted. People were asking him all kinds of lame stuff like what goes through your head before a kick and crap like that. I asked him to tell us some TO stories (this was the spring after TO had left philly).

He went on and told a 15 minute story about the TO/Hugh Douglas fight. I asked him who he would have put his money on and he said and I'm quoting here, 'no doubt in my mind TO would have whooped his ass. It took 5 big lineman and linebackers to hold TO back. Hugh really wanted no parts of him'

I was floored...was cool hearing the story from someone who was there

damn it....i am going to choose to ignore that side of the story :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Should have stuck with Kolb. Can't wait for the Cowboys to get the Eagles. And hopefully the Cowboys haven't ruined their playoff chances by then. Damn you Wade Phillips!
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    Hartydog wrote:
    Should have stuck with Kolb. Can't wait for the Cowboys to get the Eagles. And hopefully the Cowboys haven't ruined their playoff chances by then. Damn you Wade Phillips!

over/under on how many games till wade phillips gets fired?

players openly questioning the team's practice habits....not a good sign
    www.myspace.com
  • man, i would LOVE to watch a game with all you guys!!!!!! all this debate/discussion would make for awesome game-time bets and exciting football :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • man, i would LOVE to watch a game with all you guys!!!!!! all this debate/discussion would make for awesome game-time bets and exciting football :-)

Your place or mine ? ;)

man, i would LOVE to watch a game with all you guys!!!!!! all this debate/discussion would make for awesome game-time bets and exciting football :-)

Your place or mine ? ;)

i am really looking forward to being able to relax and focus on the game sunday. between being at the linc for the opener and having a bunch of drunks at my house for week 2, i feel like i haven't really seen too much of the games yet. this week its just me, the fiance, the pooch, and some beers. just hanging out. god bless america :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

Your place or mine ? ;)

i am really looking forward to being able to relax and focus on the game sunday. between being at the linc for the opener and having a bunch of drunks at my house for week 2, i feel like i haven't really seen too much of the games yet. this week its just me, the fiance, the pooch, and some beers. just hanging out. god bless america :mrgreen:

I'm happy its a 4pm game..we'll be driving back from Hershey Pa. after spending the day and night there

$15 Park tickets from my work couldn't pass it up

Your place or mine ? ;)

I'm happy its a 4pm game..we'll be driving back from Hershey Pa. after spending the day and night there

$15 Park tickets from my work couldn't pass it up

i've only been to hershey park for concerts. never been to the amusement park. have fun man
    www.myspace.com
    man, i would LOVE to watch a game with all you guys!!!!!! all this debate/discussion would make for awesome game-time bets and exciting football :-)

Your place or mine ? ;)

this week its just me, the fiance, the pooch, and some beers. just hanging out. god bless america :mrgreen:

I prefer to watch all big sporting events this way (if I'm not in attendance). It's all about the controlled environment for me. Maybe a few other guys that are into the game as much as I am.

Hopefully on sunday night we will be celebrating another eagles win and another cowboys loss :D
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Your place or mine ? ;)

this week its just me, the fiance, the pooch, and some beers. just hanging out. god bless america :mrgreen:

I prefer to watch all big sporting events this way (if I'm not in attendance). It's all about the controlled environment for me. Maybe a few other guys that are into the game as much as I am.

Hopefully on sunday night we will be celebrating another eagles win and another cowboys loss :D

Meh. It all depends for me. There's the level of importance of a game - if it's the Super Bowl or Game 7 of the World Series, and my team's in it, then I either want to be there or at the closest bar to the heart of the city with as many people as possible. Just as long as I have perfect view of the game.

Sporting events of the Philly kind are just like PJ concerts to me. I want to share them with as many people I know - or don't - as possible.
This discussion has been closed.