THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

I prefer to watch all big sporting events this way (if I'm not in attendance). It's all about the controlled environment for me. Maybe a few other guys that are into the game as much as I am.

Hopefully on sunday night we will be celebrating another eagles win and another cowboys loss :D

Meh. It all depends for me. There's the level of importance of a game - if it's the Super Bowl or Game 7 of the World Series, and my team's in it, then I either want to be there or at the closest bar to the heart of the city with as many people as possible. Just as long as I have perfect view of the game.

Sporting events of the Philly kind are just like PJ concerts to me. I want to share them with as many people I know - or don't - as possible.

i can go either way. i understand what fixer's saying about being in a controlled environment and all. the super bowl was fun as hell. one of our friends kind of rented out this vfw hall and we had it catered and had a huge projection screen tv. all the beer we wanted. kinda felt like we were there...though i don't think i would ever want to watch a super bowl in person. too corporate. i'd rather want to celebrate with my closest friends and be in or around the city.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited September 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

this week its just me, the fiance, the pooch, and some beers. just hanging out. god bless america :mrgreen:

I prefer to watch all big sporting events this way (if I'm not in attendance). It's all about the controlled environment for me. Maybe a few other guys that are into the game as much as I am.

Hopefully on sunday night we will be celebrating another eagles win and another cowboys loss :D

Meh. It all depends for me. There's the level of importance of a game - if it's the Super Bowl or Game 7 of the World Series, and my team's in it, then I either want to be there or at the closest bar to the heart of the city with as many people as possible. Just as long as I have perfect view of the game.

Sporting events of the Philly kind are just like PJ concerts to me. I want to share them with as many people I know - or don't - as possible.

I always get stuck next to someone that asks too many questions...or some turd that still has the tags on his recently purchased jersey. you know, the guy that's trying way too hard to prove that he's a fan. I can do without those distractions, I just want to watch the game.

I like being home or at a buddy's place with a select few. We can always go out after the game if we feel the need to celebrate with the masses.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

the super bowl was fun as hell. one of our friends kind of rented out this vfw hall and we had it catered and had a huge projection screen tv. all the beer we wanted.

that sounds awesome.

and being at the SB to see the eagles would be great. you can always come back to celebrate at the parade ;)

ok, back to reality that is vick as the QB. sigh
    The Fixer wrote:

the super bowl was fun as hell. one of our friends kind of rented out this vfw hall and we had it catered and had a huge projection screen tv. all the beer we wanted.

that sounds awesome.

and being at the SB to see the eagles would be great. you can always come back to celebrate at the parade ;)

ok, back to reality that is vick as the QB. sigh

yeah, i guess that's a good point. i think i'd still like to be with all my buddies though.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i'm just pissed that we can't score points with that offense, and I want to know how many times our D has given up a touchdown after we've missed a FG in the past 2 seasons. It's gotta be at a 75% clip.

Anyway, assuming Divisional play goes as expected (everyone going between 2-4 and 4-2) the NFC is there to be had by anyone this season because the good divisions are playing each other and the bad divisions are playing each other. The NFC East is playing the AFC South meaning that teams in both leagues will likely split those games, the NFC North is playing the AFC East which means that the former gets one free win with Buffalo and then just need one more to split against the three good teams in that division, the NFC South gets the hell division of the AFC North and, outside of New Orleans, will likely get crushed, and luckily the NFC West sucks too much to benefit from playing the AFC West this year (for futures betters that means taking the under on AFC West teams that everyone thinks improved this year in 2011). So this means that it's likely going to be 1 team making it from the South and West (who play each other in conference), and any combo of 4 from the East and North (who are playing each other in conference). The Cowboys are only 1 game back of everyone in the Division, and will get Minny before they get Sidney Rice and V-Jax is fully into the system so if they can turn it around this week I can see them making some noise. However, they just might suck this year.

I was looking at some stats today. I was shocked to see that dallas has 2 sacks thru 2 games. especially considering that they've played 2 of the worst offensive lines in the NFL (chicago and washington).

My deciding factor in choosing towson over rutgers was that towson had a 6:1 girl to guy ratio. Not the most mature decision, but the girls at towson were unbelievable. working there must be ridiculous. getting old sucks, college was awesome...I wish I could hop in a hot tub time machine and go back

hopefully ambrose can turn the football program around. and pat kennedy needs to go. he's had plenty of time to right the ship in hoops. think about how far his career has fallen...guy was in the ncaas with florida st every year and now he is stuck losing games in the CAA with kevin durant's brother (who couldn't even crack the starting lineup). ouch.
    dallas was slow to get sacks early last year...our dline has been pretty good at pressuring the qb we just don't catch tipped balls, force fumbles, or do anything to give romo and co. anything less than 80 yards to go to score. on top of that the giants in 07 wrote the book on how to beat dallas. sit back and let them drive 50-60 yards, then wait for them to make a mistake via penalty, turnover, or missed fg. the latter is a killer b/c our defense will let you go 20-50 yards on them everytime and with a short field that usually means a touchdown or fg for the other team.

Pat's cats do suck...and there haven't been any KD sightings as of yet. As for football things are looking marginally better this year. I think it's going to take one more year for things to start getting much better, still the new school coaching I like.
    apparently "win now" mode starts today.

and having stu healthy should make the defense seem much better than last week and most of the pack game...hopefully! :mrgreen:

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • I have to work until 500 today (BOO) so I'm counting on YOU GUYS here to give me some good info on the first half.

GO BIRDS
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    perfect pass by number 7! GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    you knew considine would make at least one boneheaded play today...
    www.myspace.com
    vick standing in the pocket....looking confident.

i thought we'd have to settle for 3 with no timeouts left (as usual) but i'll take 14-3 at the half.

funny how the camera keeps cutting to kolb whenever a big play happens :lol:

GO BIRDS
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 2010
    keeping things into perspective because jacksonville is god awful....but that was a dominating performance in all 3 phases of the game.

stu bradley makes all the difference in the world for our defense. trevor laws is taking advantage of his playing time. he looked good all preseason and it's continued. good for him. the d is creating turnovers and sacking the qb without having to rely on the blitz. again--i think our defense will end up surprising people as the season goes on.

most impressive thing about vick so far is: 0 turnovers in 3 games. redzone efficiency is pretty damn good right now too.

1st place baby...let's keep it rolling :mrgreen:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I get a funny feeling that first place won't last, at some point Vick will come back to planet earth.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

always nice to beat a shitty team in dominating fashion. hopefully that trend continues next week against the pathetic redskins
  • The Fixer wrote:
    always nice to beat a shitty team in dominating fashion. hopefully that trend continues next week against the pathetic redskins

These games are always ugly and close

Dmac comes back and wins !

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

wouldn't shock me. That would be a bad loss for the eagles though.
  • The Fixer wrote:

He dosent have that gene in him. They might win but it won't be because 5 drove them down the field in the closing seconds.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

He dosent have that gene in him. They might win but it won't be because 5 drove them down the field in the closing seconds.

i think he meant 5 comes back to philly and wins it.

i think we win next week and lose down there in november. always seem to split with the skins.

this conference appears to be poop again. gotta win these games we're favored in early on, build up confidence, and hopefully it carries over into that tough second half.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    this board, the phillies, my students, and more make me hate the eagles more than most teams (only pats more prolly), but, and i admitted this last year, i'd like to see vick do well no matter where he plays. it's rare you see a star athlete be an ass and have to pay for his sins then do well. at the same time, now that we are getting closer to playing one another i'd much rather you go back to mr. kolb as a cowboy fan.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    at the same time, now that we are getting closer to playing one another i'd much rather you go back to mr. kolb as a cowboy fan.

If the Cowboys play close to their potential, the Eagles are not a threat at all.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    at the same time, now that we are getting closer to playing one another i'd much rather you go back to mr. kolb as a cowboy fan.

If the Cowboys play close to their potential, the Eagles are not a threat at all.

good analysis as usual by this guy.
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    this board, the phillies, my students, and more make me hate the eagles more than most teams (only pats more prolly), but, and i admitted this last year, i'd like to see vick do well no matter where he plays. it's rare you see a star athlete be an ass and have to pay for his sins then do well. at the same time, now that we are getting closer to playing one another i'd much rather you go back to mr. kolb as a cowboy fan.

most people don't realize he served more time for what he did than what anyone else did in this country. i love dogs. my dog is right here next to me. but the fact that he didn't just get away with it like a lot of athletes/celebrities tend to do made the signing that much more bearable for me last year.

he's a work in progress. we'll see how it goes. peter king has him as the early early early early season mvp so far though :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

haha
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Thanks, stud. Don't be so bitter about last season even though the Cowboys outscored the Eagles 58-14 in their last two meetings :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Thanks, stud. Don't be so bitter about last season even though the Cowboys outscored the Eagles 58-14 in their last two meetings :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stud? thanks, maybe? .....yeah i dunno about that....

i was giving you a compliment. you always bring such insightful analysis in your posts.
    www.myspace.com
  • i was giving you a compliment. you always bring such insightful analysis in your posts.

Ok, stop with the sarcasm, man. Everyone has an opinion and I'm entitled to that, whether it is insightful or not.

I think I mentioned this before but I am not one for writing long posts. I would rather talk sports in person to be honest with you.

Anyway, have a good week!
    gotta love how philly fans are pounding their chests after wins over 2 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL (almost losing to detroit).

On Eagles Postgame Live Sunday, viewers were asked a poll question: Which team do you think will win the NFC East? I thought most people would pick the Eagles. If I had to put an over-under on the number, I would’ve said 75 percent.

These are Eagles fans, after all.

When the result was announced, even Governor Rendell – a man who understands polling better than most – was stunned. Eighty-four percent of those responding picked the Eagles to win the division. It was a landslide.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love how philly fans are pounding their chests after wins over 2 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL (almost losing to detroit).

On Eagles Postgame Live Sunday, viewers were asked a poll question: Which team do you think will win the NFC East? I thought most people would pick the Eagles. If I had to put an over-under on the number, I would’ve said 75 percent.

When the result was announced, even Governor Rendell – a man who understands polling better than most – was stunned. Eighty-four percent of those responding picked the Eagles to win the division. It was a landslide.

why would that surprise you? this is what drives me insane about the Eagles fans and the coverage - the complete over-reaction to anything and everything that happens week to week (see the pages regarding Vick over Kolb last week) . week to week the fans and media of this team totally overreact to everything - win and they are the greatest team ever and lose and they are the worst team ever. the truth usually lies a lot closer to the middle than either end.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    i was giving you a compliment. you always bring such insightful analysis in your posts.

Ok, stop with the sarcasm, man. Everyone has an opinion and I'm entitled to that, whether it is insightful or not.

I think I mentioned this before but I am not one for writing long posts. I would rather talk sports in person to be honest with you.

Anyway, have a good week!

thank you for admitting your posts offer no insight.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

why would that surprise you? this is what drives me insane about the Eagles fans and the coverage - the complete over-reaction to anything and everything that happens week to week (see the pages regarding Vick over Kolb last week) . week to week the fans and media of this team totally overreact to everything - win and they are the greatest team ever and lose and they are the worst team ever. the truth usually lies a lot closer to the middle than either end.

well put. and I agree 100%. that's one of the reasons why philly fans annoy me
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

well put. and I agree 100%. that's one of the reasons why philly fans annoy me

its all about the even keel. same thing happened this summer with the phils. june/july--a lot of people thought the season might be over. even after the astros series people thought that ;) . its a long season.

hard to blame people for getting excited though. 10 wins might win this division. and that's certainly within the realm of possibility ...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.