THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    so to sum it up: local people are idiots. national people are idiots.

thanks fixer :lol::lol: :roll: :lol:

that sounds about right.

i will say, of all the people we have on the tv and radio here, we are lucky to have Tom Waddle doing morning sports radio. he does a nice job being biased without being biased

i like him on nfl network actually.

yeah, he's another one. he puts morons like sapp and dukes in their place
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly only think there are a handful of people worth listening to. collinsworth, mayock, schefter (he's a reporter though), kiper for draft purposes.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dnea ... _work.html
    Cris Collinsworth: “I think until Mike Vick proves otherwise, he’s going to be the starter.”

guess you don't like chris collinsworth anymore :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly only think there are a handful of people worth listening to. collinsworth, mayock, schefter (he's a reporter though), kiper for draft purposes.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dnea ... _work.html
    Cris Collinsworth: “I think until Mike Vick proves otherwise, he’s going to be the starter.”

guess you don't like chris collinsworth anymore :lol:

why, because I disagree with his opinion? that's not reason not to like someone. unless you're talking about people in the phillies thread on this board
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    phillies thread on this board

Ryan Howard. Go. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

mr september :mrgreen:
    1-1 already tonight.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1-1 already tonight.

yep. great baserunning too. as usual
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    1-1 already tonight.

yep. great baserunning too. as usual

what happened on the basepaths? he's been on twice. scored a run.....then was walked and werth lined out. i'm watching on gamecast at work.

had a kinda sorta clutch hit yesterday too. no big deal.
    www.myspace.com

what happened on the basepaths? he's been on twice. scored a run.....then was walked and werth lined out. i'm watching on gamecast at work.

got to second on his double. fly ball to deep right and he didn't tag and go to third. got lucky to score a run. even wheels and mccarthy were ripping him...I almost fell off my couch when I heard that.

he gets big hits. never said he didn't. he's not like mcnabb :D
    The Fixer wrote:

got to second on his double. fly ball to deep right and he didn't tag and go to third. got lucky to score a run. even wheels and mccarthy were ripping him...I almost fell off my couch when I heard that.

he gets big hits. never said he didn't. he's not like mcnabb :D

oh snap. good one.

one thing i agreed with wheels on the other night was his rant agains the pajama pants players wear these days. i absolutely hate them. wear your fucking stirups the way they're supposed to be worn god damn it! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    a vick-led eagles team getting to the playoffs doesn't help anything. it gives them an early playoff exit and middle of the road draft pick. vick isn't their qb of the future, he's a waste of space.

why the cowboys? I see you're from towson. I'm a towson grad. last time I checked that was a long ways from dallas

towson/nova tomorrow jeags. towson coming off of a tough 5 OT win last week
    Jeags would call me a fake cowboy fan, and it's been explained elsewhere but I grew up in a small town outside of Watertown, NY where we didn't even get cable...we didn't even get NBC which had AFC football...we didn't even get Giants games regularly because they didn't get ratings there. So basically my choices were the 49ers, Redskins, Rams, Cowboys, and, if you were in the "home" team mood the Giants (which was like 5 hours away). My mom was a 9ers fan, my Grandpa a Redskins fan, and my uncles were for the Rams and Cowboys - I chose the latter. Anyway, now I'm a prof in sport management at Towson Universtiy what was your major? I gotta teacb the Center from the football team tomorrow he'll undoubtably be upset after the blowout against Nova, had him in 4 classes now...real nice kid. BTW I was right the Cowboys straight suck and Vick is pretty much your chance at playoffs this year no way Kolb survives behind that line for a full season.

nice. I'm always fascinated as to how people become fans of their favorite teams.

I majored in Business Admin at towson, got a minor in economics (waste of time and money with the minor). A few months ago my wife and I stopped in towson on our way home from DC. Had lunch at Batemans. I hadn't been there in 7 years or so. I can't believe how much construction the university and the area has completed (or is completing...the roads are a mess down there).

A bunch of my buddies majored in sports management. Dave Meggett was finishing up his degree while we were there and they had some classes with him. Said he was a great dude. He should come back and play for the football team, they could use the help.

Are the girls still as impressive as they were in the late 90's early 00's? Must be a perk of your job to enjoy that scenery on a daily basis. damn, I miss college.
    as respectfully as i can put it it's almost unfair how good looking the girls are here...i'm so glad to be happily married b/c it'd be difficult to behave professionally. At the same time i teach in the only major where girls are the minority on a campus where it's like 60-40 female to male. meggett, landetta, and the left tackle from your super bowl champion, new orleans saints, jermon bushrod are basically all we got. bushrod was a sport management major who graduated right before i got here, but he's well liked amongst the older faculty who said he was going places whether or not he made it in football - so i guess that's cool. anyway back to the eagles...maybe their slogan this year should be "hey...at least we're not the cowboys".
    rw--you're giving up on the cowboys already?

:lol::lol:

come on man
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    haha i'm just pissed that we can't score points with that offense, and I want to know how many times our D has given up a touchdown after we've missed a FG in the past 2 seasons. It's gotta be at a 75% clip.

Anyway, assuming Divisional play goes as expected (everyone going between 2-4 and 4-2) the NFC is there to be had by anyone this season because the good divisions are playing each other and the bad divisions are playing each other. The NFC East is playing the AFC South meaning that teams in both leagues will likely split those games, the NFC North is playing the AFC East which means that the former gets one free win with Buffalo and then just need one more to split against the three good teams in that division, the NFC South gets the hell division of the AFC North and, outside of New Orleans, will likely get crushed, and luckily the NFC West sucks too much to benefit from playing the AFC West this year (for futures betters that means taking the under on AFC West teams that everyone thinks improved this year in 2011). So this means that it's likely going to be 1 team making it from the South and West (who play each other in conference), and any combo of 4 from the East and North (who are playing each other in conference). The Cowboys are only 1 game back of everyone in the Division, and will get Minny before they get Sidney Rice and V-Jax is fully into the system so if they can turn it around this week I can see them making some noise. However, they just might suck this year.
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i'm just pissed that we can't score points with that offense, and I want to know how many times our D has given up a touchdown after we've missed a FG in the past 2 seasons. It's gotta be at a 75% clip.

Anyway, assuming Divisional play goes as expected (everyone going between 2-4 and 4-2) the NFC is there to be had by anyone this season because the good divisions are playing each other and the bad divisions are playing each other. The NFC East is playing the AFC South meaning that teams in both leagues will likely split those games, the NFC North is playing the AFC East which means that the former gets one free win with Buffalo and then just need one more to split against the three good teams in that division, the NFC South gets the hell division of the AFC North and, outside of New Orleans, will likely get crushed, and luckily the NFC West sucks too much to benefit from playing the AFC West this year (for futures betters that means taking the under on AFC West teams that everyone thinks improved this year in 2011). So this means that it's likely going to be 1 team making it from the South and West (who play each other in conference), and any combo of 4 from the East and North (who are playing each other in conference). The Cowboys are only 1 game back of everyone in the Division, and will get Minny before they get Sidney Rice and V-Jax is fully into the system so if they can turn it around this week I can see them making some noise. However, they just might suck this year.

I was looking at some stats today. I was shocked to see that dallas has 2 sacks thru 2 games. especially considering that they've played 2 of the worst offensive lines in the NFL (chicago and washington).

My deciding factor in choosing towson over rutgers was that towson had a 6:1 girl to guy ratio. Not the most mature decision, but the girls at towson were unbelievable. working there must be ridiculous. getting old sucks, college was awesome...I wish I could hop in a hot tub time machine and go back

hopefully ambrose can turn the football program around. and pat kennedy needs to go. he's had plenty of time to right the ship in hoops. think about how far his career has fallen...guy was in the ncaas with florida st every year and now he is stuck losing games in the CAA with kevin durant's brother (who couldn't even crack the starting lineup). ouch.
    the kevin kolb experiment appears to be over:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... arter.html
    www.myspace.com
    Eagles give the ball to VickPosted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2010 5:53 PM ET
    In a stunning move, the Eagles have announced that Mike Vick is the team's starting quarterback.

Specifically, the Eagles disclosed the information via the following text message: "Andy Reid names Michael Vick as team's starting quarterback. Reid will be available on conference call with media at 6:30. . . . Reid will also be available for cameras following the conference call at the NovaCare complex."

The tone and content of that communication strongly suggests that this isn't merely a situation in which Kevin Kolb is still recovering from the concussion he suffered nine days ago. Indeed, Jay Glazer of FOX reported over the weekend that Kolb was cleared to play on Saturday; absent another blow to the head since then, Kolb should be fine.

It appears instead that Vick is taking over, and that Kolb will be a highly compensated backup.

The next question becomes whether the Eagles will try to take advantage of the uncapped year to sign Vick to a long-term deal.

Stay tuned.
    www.myspace.com
    Just heard. what a fucking mess
    The Fixer wrote:

jamminpearls might want to alter his fantasy lineup :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • wowzers...I'm definitely surprised that Andy isn't giving Kolb a chance here...interesting development, and I think I like it!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    wowzers...I'm definitely surprised that Andy isn't giving Kolb a chance here...interesting development, and I think I like it!

oh god. I don't like it at all
    fixer and andy reid might finally be on the outs.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    wowzers...I'm definitely surprised that Andy isn't giving Kolb a chance here...interesting development, and I think I like it!

I've never been a fan of Kolb--and I think having a QB who can actually MOVE is positive...I definitely don't like some of the awful errors tht Vick can make, but maybe those will become fewer as time goes on.

• The Fixer wrote:

jamminpearls might want to alter his fantasy lineup :lol::lol:
    Lol,im pissed but still have Orton and the old old man. horrible decesion inless Vicks are guy for the next 3-5yrs imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited September 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

I've never been a fan of Kolb--and I think having a QB who can actually MOVE is positive...I definitely don't like some of the awful errors tht Vick can make, but maybe those will become fewer as time goes on.

makes no sense to me. they aren't winning it all this year even with peyton manning as their QB. might as well let kolb play to see if he's the QB of the future. we already know vick isn't leading this team to the SB if he re-signs in philly.

I don't get it. I love andy reid, but I think the big guy needs his head examined after this decision
    Post edited by The Fixer on

We aren't talking right now. I am so disappointed
  • The Fixer wrote:

We aren't talking right now. I am so disappointed
    I for once agree 100% with the fixer
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

kolb would have been sacked a minimum of 10 times sunday. maybe andy is just trying to not get him killed. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

kolb would have been sacked a minimum of 10 times sunday. maybe andy is just trying to not get him killed. :lol:

doesn't matter. gotta let the dude play. aikman, eli, peyton all took their lumps when they were first starting in the NFL.

I just don't get the rationale behind this decision at all. I'm so confused. If they were gonna give the job to vick they should have just kept mcnabb.
  • The Fixer wrote:

doesn't matter. gotta let the dude play. aikman, eli, peyton all took their lumps when they were first starting in the NFL.

I just don't get the rationale behind this decision at all. I'm so confused. If they were gonna give the job to vick they should have just kept mcnabb.

While I like Vick better than Kolb (and while I agree with The Jeagler about Kolb getting sacked repeatedly), I think Kolb deserved his chance--because he certainly didn't get it during the first game. Who knows--maybe good ol' Andy just wants to shake things up a little!

The Fixer wrote:

yup
    www.myspace.com
    if we end up winning 7 or 8 games with vick starting (mind you, most thought we'd have won that same amount with kolb)...after all the nonsense andy has brought upon this team over the last year.....how does he not get fired?

his job is on the line right now. this team better somehow find a way to contend this year.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.