THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    funny how the one dude rushing to judgment over kolb in this thread is a cowboys fan. good job birds fans. you're better than that. the jeagler is proud of you. :clap:

the irony with this whole vick/kolb thing is that reid's own job security over the next few years depends largely on kolb developing into a solid nfl starting quarterback. so by continuing to trot vick out there every other play, he's not only stunting kolb's growth as a qb, he's also hurting his own chances of finishing out his new contract. again...this is an interesting problem reid has created for himself. will be plenty interesting to see how it plays out.

also fixer, regarding the o line and you predicting they would suck: much like you cannot put a whole lot stock in kolb's 2 quarter performance, you can't do the same thing with the line (especially considering they were going against the #2 defense in the league last year). they were going to need a few games to gell with herremans and jackson not participating in preseason and training camp anyway...then jackson goes down for the season 2 quarters in. they were decent until his injury last year and, based on that, would have been decent again in time. all bets are off now though with the injury. but your quick judgment there is very similiar to the people rushing to judgment on kolb. j peters is frustrating as hell, that much i will grant you. but again, he was there all year last year.

hopefully kolb plays next week. i can only imagine the fervor for vick in this town if he lights it up again for a full game.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    funny how the one dude rushing to judgment over kolb in this thread is a cowboys fan. good job birds fans. you're better than that. the jeagler is proud of you. :clap:

the irony with this whole vick/kolb thing is that reid's own job security over the next few years depends largely on kolb developing into a solid nfl starting quarterback. so by continuing to trot vick out there every other play, he's not only stunting kolb's growth as a qb, he's also hurting his own chances of finishing out his new contract. again...this is an interesting problem reid has created for himself. will be plenty interesting to see how it plays out.

also fixer, regarding the o line and you predicting they would suck: much like you cannot put a whole lot stock in kolb's 2 quarter performance, you can't do the same thing with the line. they were going to need a few games to gell with herremans and jackson not participating in preseason and training camp anyway...then jackson goes down for the season 2 quarters in. they were decent until his injury last year and, based on that, would have been decent again in time. all bets are off now though with the injury. but your quick judgment there is very similiar to the people rushing to judgment on kolb. j peters is frustrating as hell, that much i will grant you. but again, he was there all year last year.

hopefully kolb plays next week. i can only imagine the fervor for vick in this town if he lights it up again for a full game.

fair point regarding the oline. I will say though that they didn't have any new starters this year from last year...so I'm familiar with who they have and I just don't think they are good enough. obviously losing jackson further complicates this issue.

I think it's funny that people are calling for reid to be fired because kolb had a bad half. ah, philadelphia fans
    The Fixer wrote:

also fixer, regarding the o line and you predicting they would suck: much like you cannot put a whole lot stock in kolb's 2 quarter performance, you can't do the same thing with the line. they were going to need a few games to gell with herremans and jackson not participating in preseason and training camp anyway...then jackson goes down for the season 2 quarters in. they were decent until his injury last year and, based on that, would have been decent again in time. all bets are off now though with the injury. but your quick judgment there is very similiar to the people rushing to judgment on kolb. j peters is frustrating as hell, that much i will grant you. but again, he was there all year last year.

fair point regarding the oline. I will say though that they didn't have any new starters this year from last year...so I'm familiar with who they have and I just don't think they are good enough. obviously losing jackson further complicates this issue.

I think it's funny that people are calling for reid to be fired because kolb had a bad half. ah, philadelphia fans

seems like you've got a few issues with reid yourself though... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • I've made it a task to check down every time Peters gets called for a false start. Actually, for any penalty. I'm still shocked by the fact that Mr. O-Line himself didn't draft one lineman in the draft. Still astonishing.

That dude Wells they got from AZ should be getting a shot to start now. He's very decent and shouldn't just ride the pine.

Fixer, you didn't think that was going to happen? I was just glad that McNabb didn't tear off some ridiculously good game because then my ears would definitely be bleeding right now.
    The Fixer wrote:

I admitted he had a bad game. To say he should be fired is absurd. I'd give him a lifetime contract for as long as he wants to coach here.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I admitted he had a bad game. To say he should be fired is absurd. I'd give him a lifetime contract for as long as he wants to coach here.

Well, now that's just crazy talk. I like the dude, but not that much. It's not like the Eagles weren't good before Reid. I'm giving him enough time to evolve Kolb - this season and next. After that, the straws are gone.
    I've made it a task to check down every time Peters gets called for a false start. Actually, for any penalty. I'm still shocked by the fact that Mr. O-Line himself didn't draft one lineman in the draft. Still astonishing.

That dude Wells they got from AZ should be getting a shot to start now. He's very decent and shouldn't just ride the pine.

Fixer, you didn't think that was going to happen? I was just glad that McNabb didn't tear off some ridiculously good game because then my ears would definitely be bleeding right now.

yeah, I agree about the mcnabb stuff. he looked like shit. dallas' defense is pretty good though.

could be a long football season

we'll see about wells. AZ pretty much gave him away, so I'm skeptical. admittedly I don't know much about him though
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

almost as absurd as calling for charlie manual's firing :lol:

the few things you've mentioned about him in the last day or so are the same issues he's had since 1999. just sucks that they keep happening year after year despite different personel.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, now that's just crazy talk. I like the dude, but not that much. It's not like the Eagles weren't good before Reid. I'm giving him enough time to evolve Kolb - this season and next. After that, the straws are gone.

There was some intentional exaggeration there. I just think reid is ridiculously underappreciated here. I like him more than most.
    The Fixer wrote:

the few things you've mentioned about him in the last day or so are the same issues he's had since 1999. just sucks that they keep happening year after year despite different personel.

I'd get rid of manuel tomorrow if possible. He isn't a good manager. the phils win in spite of him, not because of him.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd get rid of manuel tomorrow if possible. He isn't a good manager. the phils win in spite of him, not because of him.

one could say the phils win despite of manual while the eagles don't ultimately win because of andy reid. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

There was some intentional exaggeration there. I just think reid is ridiculously underappreciated here. I like him more than most.

I like him a lot too, but I think the only person who likes him more than you is Lurie. That's the biggest reason Reid will be here a while - he makes that crook nose a shit ton of money. But once that is compromised is when Reid will be let go. Which could be sooner than later if his delopment of another franchise QB doesn't work out.

Oh, and by the way, were those uniforms CLEARLY the fucking best things you ever seen in your life? And here we sit with these stupid fucking dark green jerseys with the shittiest helmets in the league due to Lurie's wife. Gay.

The field and the uni's looked better than anything they've ever done in the history of anything.
    the kelly green was fantastic jp. i loved it. but it just made me bitter to know we'd be going back to the midnight green next week. the fact that our owner's wife came up with our team's logo and colors is shameful. shameful.

sooner or later they will realize that kelly green will sell better than what they have now and go back to them full time....or at least as the alternate jersey. nothing worse than those black jerseys.
    www.myspace.com

I like him a lot too, but I think the only person who likes him more than you is Lurie. That's the biggest reason Reid will be here a while - he makes that crook nose a shit ton of money. But once that is compromised is when Reid will be let go. Which could be sooner than later if his delopment of another franchise QB doesn't work out.

Oh, and by the way, were those uniforms CLEARLY the fucking best things you ever seen in your life? And here we sit with these stupid fucking dark green jerseys with the shittiest helmets in the league due to Lurie's wife. Gay.

The field and the uni's looked better than anything they've ever done in the history of anything.

Kolb will be fine.

Completely agree regarding the jerseys. Unfortunately that was a 1 game thing. I just bought the celek throwback on this site. It's not the authentic jersey that goes down to my knees (and I'm 5'11) and my wrists, but they are quality (my buddy got the kolb one and had it on at our fantasy draft -- they are great). Can't beat the price, apparently they have these at the eagles store for $85. money

http://www.sthcool.com/category.php?id=11
    nothing worse than those black jerseys.

that blue and yellow garbage they wore a couple years ago was worse. but not by much

kelly green is the shit
  • The Fixer wrote:

Kolb will be fine.

Completely agree regarding the jerseys. Unfortunately that was a 1 game thing. I just bought the celek throwback on this site. It's not the authentic jersey that goes down to my knees (and I'm 5'11) and my wrists, but they are quality (my buddy got the kolb one and had it on at our fantasy draft -- they are great). Can't beat the price, apparently they have these at the eagles store for $85. money

I'm hoping them wearing these things is like when the Sixers spent the past few years slowly phasing in the old school uni's which ultimately ended up permanent. Maybe a couple years from now. Never fuck with the basic colors or logo of a team. Destroys any and all tradition of a team and city. The Birds are suppose to be Kelly Green, they should stay Kelly Green. It's why the Flyers have easily had the best logo out of the four teams over the years.
    The Fixer wrote:

Kolb will be fine.

kolb will be fine if reid doesnt screw him up with vick...

yeah a few people at our tailgate bought jersey's from that site. they are made in japan. i pride myself in being able to spot irregularities in those kinds of knockoffs and it was pretty difficult. the eagle logo was a bit off (he had a graham jersey) other than that, it was pretty damn good.

my cunningham jersey is the shit though. mitchel and ness--with the jb 99 patch. completely authentice 1992 jersey with too many numerous tailgate beer stains to mention. only on game days. only game days.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Kolb will be fine.

I'm hoping them wearing these things is like when the Sixers spent the past few years slowly phasing in the old school uni's which ultimately ended up permanent. Maybe a couple years from now. Never fuck with the basic colors or logo of a team. Destroys any and all tradition of a team and city. The Birds are suppose to be Kelly Green, they should stay Kelly Green. It's why the Flyers have easily had the best logo out of the four teams over the years.

remeber 1995? the year before they made the logo/color switch? they removed the old eagles font from the endzone. it looked so dull and boring. bastards.
    www.myspace.com

• remeber 1995? the year before they made the logo/color switch? they removed the old eagles font from the endzone. it looked so dull and boring. bastards.

I remember by the end of the season it was real weird.

What they had on yesterday, and what the field looked like, should be like that forever. The E A G L E S in the endzones and the big bird in the middle was fucking awesome.
    I have an authentic dawkins jersey and one of the reebok mcnabb ripoffs (not the ones with the ironed on numbers...I'm pretty sure it's the same as these jerseys on that site, which is chinese). I like the mcnabb one better because it fits better. the authentic dawkins jersey I wore once to Lambeau field. It hung down around my knees, which is not a good look.

Only difference I can tell between the two jerseys I have is that the mesh holes on the fake jersey are 3 times larger than the holes on the real one.

I'll have a full report later this week when this bad boy arrives

remeber 1995? the year before they made the logo/color switch? they removed the old eagles font from the endzone. it looked so dull and boring. bastards.

What they had on yesterday, and what the field looked like, should be like that forever. The E A G L E S in the endzones and the big bird in the middle was fucking awesome.

completely agree. and like you said, those unis were bad ass
    The Fixer wrote:

i'd prefer them to just switch to the 70's or 80's/early 90's editions. a bit more trimming in the feather on the helmets. the silver pants were bad ass back in those days too. silver and green---those used to be our colors....not midnight green and black.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

i'd prefer them to just switch to the 70's or 80's/early 90's editions. a bit more trimming in the feather on the helmets. the silver pants were bad ass back in those days too. silver and green---those used to be our colors....not midnight green and black.

No way on the silver pants. Yes, they were the uni of my youth, but that's it. Ugly as shit.
    The Fixer wrote:

No way on the silver pants. Yes, they were the uni of my youth, but that's it. Ugly as shit.

we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. i hate how teams alternate their pants these days. sliver and green baby. that's all you need.
    www.myspace.com
  • i'd prefer them to just switch to the 70's or 80's/early 90's editions. a bit more trimming in the feather on the helmets. the silver pants were bad ass back in those days too. silver and green---those used to be our colors....not midnight green and black.

we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. i hate how teams alternate their pants these days. sliver and green baby. that's all you need.

More than anything, I can't stand the current wings on the helmet. Looks like a seagull's wing.

More than anything, I can't stand the current wings on the helmet. Looks like a seagull's wing.

yeah...again they felt the need to add black in there.

i will say this about the current uniforms: they are better than what they originally were changed to in 1996. remeber they used to have those stripes on their sleeves for the white uniforms? and the green looked more blue back then. awful. it still looks blue under a certain kind of light. they fixed that a couple years in and altered them slightly more in '03 for the better. very subtle changes.

ever check this site out? http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

i love shit like this.
    www.myspace.com
    any predictions on what the line will be this weekend? I honestly haven't seen it...probably won't be out until the eagles give injury updates later in the week.

I'm thinking it will be eagles -3, regardless of the QB
  • Yeah, that's good stuff. Though, I don't mind when they go green on green with the jerseys and pants better than the white on white. Even if there was a flare gun shot off when they sported the look before.

Right now, the Sixers have the best uni's, followed by the Flyers, Phils, then Eagles.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    any predictions on what the line will be this weekend? I honestly haven't seen it...probably won't be out until the eagles give injury updates later in the week.

Might be higher with Stafford out. Who's their backup again?
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah nothing till they know who the qb is. is stafford definitely out? you miss a lot being down at the game....one cool thing they've done is add the redzone to all tvs in the concourse.

i think vick will give the birds an extra point regardless though.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.