THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Yeah, that's good stuff. Though, I don't mind when they go green on green with the jerseys and pants better than the white on white. Even if there was a flare gun shot off when they sported the look before.

Right now, the Sixers have the best uni's, followed by the Flyers, Phils, then Eagles.

i don't love the sixers unis. i thought they should have just gone full on old school with the 80's throw backs. the logo rules though. should've done the same with the court too.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Yeah, that's good stuff. Though, I don't mind when they go green on green with the jerseys and pants better than the white on white. Even if there was a flare gun shot off when they sported the look before.

Right now, the Sixers have the best uni's, followed by the Flyers, Phils, then Eagles.

Flyers, Sixers, Eagles, Phils
    The Fixer wrote:
    any predictions on what the line will be this weekend? I honestly haven't seen it...probably won't be out until the eagles give injury updates later in the week.

I'm thinking it will be eagles -3, regardless of the QB

Might be higher with Stafford out. Who's their backup again?

Shawn Hill. Was with SF for a while. He's a solid backup, but nothing special
    The Fixer wrote:
    any predictions on what the line will be this weekend? I honestly haven't seen it...probably won't be out until the eagles give injury updates later in the week.

yeah nothing till they know who the qb is. is stafford definitely out? you miss a lot being down at the game....one cool thing they've done is add the redzone to all tvs in the concourse.

i think vick will give the birds an extra point regardless though.

did they play the red zone channel on the stadium screen during time outs? heard somewhere that they were doing that at all stadiums this year, which would make going to games a lot more appealing to me since I'm a degenerate.

stafford is out 2-6 weeks
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah nothing till they know who the qb is. is stafford definitely out? you miss a lot being down at the game....one cool thing they've done is add the redzone to all tvs in the concourse.

i think vick will give the birds an extra point regardless though.

did they play the red zone channel on the stadium screen during time outs? heard somewhere that they were doing that at all stadiums this year, which would make going to games a lot more appealing to me since I'm a degenerate.

stafford is out 2-6 weeks

no just concourses. there's too much for nfl teams to be selling us on the big screens during time outs for that.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    funny how the one dude rushing to judgment over kolb in this thread is a cowboys fan. good job birds fans. you're better than that. the jeagler is proud of you. :clap:

the irony with this whole vick/kolb thing is that reid's own job security over the next few years depends largely on kolb developing into a solid nfl starting quarterback. so by continuing to trot vick out there every other play, he's not only stunting kolb's growth as a qb, he's also hurting his own chances of finishing out his new contract. again...this is an interesting problem reid has created for himself. will be plenty interesting to see how it plays out.

also fixer, regarding the o line and you predicting they would suck: much like you cannot put a whole lot stock in kolb's 2 quarter performance, you can't do the same thing with the line (especially considering they were going against the #2 defense in the league last year). they were going to need a few games to gell with herremans and jackson not participating in preseason and training camp anyway...then jackson goes down for the season 2 quarters in. they were decent until his injury last year and, based on that, would have been decent again in time. all bets are off now though with the injury. but your quick judgment there is very similiar to the people rushing to judgment on kolb. j peters is frustrating as hell, that much i will grant you. but again, he was there all year last year.

hopefully kolb plays next week. i can only imagine the fervor for vick in this town if he lights it up again for a full game.
    Jeags I'm not rushing to judgement on Kolb, I've been begging for this moment for 3 years. As a Cowboy fan I'm saying, and have been saying, I'd rather face Kolb than McNabb or Vick. And McNabb put up about 7 fantasy points total in 3 consecutive games against us. Say what you will about my opinion (which may be wrong) but this isn't a rush to judgement (see: Eagles threads from the past 2 years).
    RW81233 wrote:
    funny how the one dude rushing to judgment over kolb in this thread is a cowboys fan. good job birds fans. you're better than that. the jeagler is proud of you. :clap:

the irony with this whole vick/kolb thing is that reid's own job security over the next few years depends largely on kolb developing into a solid nfl starting quarterback. so by continuing to trot vick out there every other play, he's not only stunting kolb's growth as a qb, he's also hurting his own chances of finishing out his new contract. again...this is an interesting problem reid has created for himself. will be plenty interesting to see how it plays out.

also fixer, regarding the o line and you predicting they would suck: much like you cannot put a whole lot stock in kolb's 2 quarter performance, you can't do the same thing with the line (especially considering they were going against the #2 defense in the league last year). they were going to need a few games to gell with herremans and jackson not participating in preseason and training camp anyway...then jackson goes down for the season 2 quarters in. they were decent until his injury last year and, based on that, would have been decent again in time. all bets are off now though with the injury. but your quick judgment there is very similiar to the people rushing to judgment on kolb. j peters is frustrating as hell, that much i will grant you. but again, he was there all year last year.

hopefully kolb plays next week. i can only imagine the fervor for vick in this town if he lights it up again for a full game.
    Jeags I'm not rushing to judgement on Kolb, I've been begging for this moment for 3 years. As a Cowboy fan I'm saying, and have been saying, I'd rather face Kolb than McNabb or Vick. And McNabb put up about 7 fantasy points total in 3 consecutive games against us. Say what you will about my opinion (which may be wrong) but this isn't a rush to judgement (see: Eagles threads from the past 2 years).

you're saying he sucks based on 2 quarters this year and 2 games last year. to me, that's a bit of a rush. nobody knows if he will suck or will be good. obviously you'd rather face kolb than donovan or vick right now. i would too if i were you. gotta wait and see what he becomes this year.

we're trying accomplish in 2 years what has taken your squad over a decade with about 5 coaches and as many or more qbs to do. gonna take our lumps this year...
    www.myspace.com
    by the way--the philly passion lingerie team was walking through the parking lot...dressed like strippers and passing out parking passes for their home games....we met this one:
    http://www.lflus.com/phillypassion/adeihl.html .....linebacker. she says she "fucks bitches up." yeah...she looked pretty awesome. GO PASSION.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:

you're saying he sucks based on 2 quarters this year and 2 games last year. to me, that's a bit of a rush. nobody knows if he will suck or will be good. obviously you'd rather face kolb than donovan or vick right now. i would too if i were you. gotta wait and see what he becomes this year.

we're trying accomplish in 2 years what has taken your squad over a decade with about 5 coaches and as many or more qbs to do. gonna take our lumps this year...
    I thought he sucked at college and I thought he was a stupid draft pick also...haha. However, as I said in my first post, if you're willing to suck for a year and hope he gets better next year then that is an option. I just feel that he isn't a good QB. He did have a couple good games last year though - statwise.
  • very ironic on Sunday at the game

I went in through the Verizon gate and couldn't get any signal on my verizon phone

wtf ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    RW81233 wrote:

I thought he sucked at college...

What made you think that? I watch a ton of college football and he was a beast at UH.
    The Fixer wrote:

you've been saying a lot of dopey things the last few weeks. call 'em like i see 'em dude.

what kind of side bet are we talking?

you call it. I'm up for anything. all depends on how much loot you want to lose

why don't we just do the same weekly thing we were doing in the betting thread--just put an extra amount on who ranks higher between the two of us?

we still doing this?

Week 1 to the Fixer
    edited September 2010
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I thought he sucked at college and I thought he was a stupid draft pick also...haha. However, as I said in my first post, if you're willing to suck for a year and hope he gets better next year then that is an option. I just feel that he isn't a good QB. He did have a couple good games last year though - statwise.

admittedly i don't watch a lot of houston cougar football. but by all accounts, he certainly did not suck. if we didn't take him there, there were at least 2 teams willing to move up and get him right at that same spot. it looks like he has defeciencies that needs to be ironed out though. what young qb doesn't though? i didn't like the pick at the time either. i didn't like the whole draft at the time...but looking back we ended up getting kolb, celek, and stu bradley that year. they are the leaders on our team right now.

by trading the franchise qb and going with kolb, we've obviously committed ourselves to a rebuilding year of sorts. one in which i still think we can be an average-ish team with all the weapons he has to work with. now with our center out for the year, it throws a wrench into those plans a bit. but we had to move on from mcnabb. he wasn't going to play for us on a 1 year deal. the birds were not going to resign him long term. they just gave andy a ridiculously lengthy extension. might as well get something for him. my beef is trading him to a rival in our division, but that's another discussion. if kolb turns out to be halfway decent and nate allen (the guy we got with the mcnabb pick) develops into the beast i think he can be, we made the right move. gotta wait and see though. most people in this city are willing to do that.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you call it. I'm up for anything. all depends on how much loot you want to lose

why don't we just do the same weekly thing we were doing in the betting thread--just put an extra amount on who ranks higher between the two of us?

we still doing this?

Week 1 to the Fixer

sure if you want. you got 3 and i got 1 right? rough start for me!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

we still doing this?

Week 1 to the Fixer

sure if you want. you got 3 and i got 1 right? rough start for me!

this week's slate was one of the toughest I had ever seen.

How about this...we go week to week, $5 a week per guy. winner of the week takes the $10.

Actually, I know how I am...I'm too lazy to keep track of this. fuck it, let's just do the thing ed is running
    The Fixer wrote:

this week's slate was one of the toughest I had ever seen.

How about this...we go week to week, $5 a week per guy. winner of the week takes the $10.

Actually, I know how I am...I'm too lazy to keep track of this. fuck it, let's just do the thing ed is running

yeah i think its easier to just follow that thread
    www.myspace.com
    birds -4.5
    www.myspace.com
    birds -4.5

I could never bet against the birds, but if vick starts I like detroit plus that many points.
    The Fixer wrote:
    birds -4.5

I could never bet against the birds, but if vick starts I like detroit plus that many points.

you have too much faith in shaun hill.

vick's gonna start. no way they let kolb play with only a friday practice under his belt. i think we roll regardless.
    www.myspace.com
    nate allen is up for rookie of the week.

as i've said...dude's gonna be a BEAST
    www.myspace.com
    weekly updates on kolb all year. good stuff.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... _Vick.html

OVERALL

Obviously, the numbers pass the eyeball test. Vick was a much better quarterback than Kolb on Sunday.

With that being said, anyone who is ready to write off Kolb's career based on 22 snaps, 10 pass attempts and one half of a football is going overboard. The Eagles traded their franchise quarterback to a division rival and paid Kolb $12.25M in guaranteed money. When he's healthy, he's going to start.

As for Vick, the numbers could have been even better. He missed a few receivers and couldn't get the ball in the end zone on the play mentioned above. But he made some spectacular throws, was decisive and led the Eagles back. As was the case early in his career, Vick's legs are a weapon unmatched by any other quarterback in the league. Based on 31 drop-backs and 24 pass attempts, he looked like he could definitely start in the NFL.

Having said that, now he will have to perform against a team that has seen him on film and is game-planning for him. I'm not saying he'll struggle against the Lions (he's likely to start), but this will be a better gauge of what kind of progress he's made in the last year.
    www.myspace.com

apparently he was supposed to help hobbs over the top on the jennings TD

other than the pick he had (which any of us could have caught), I didn't notice him much. how many tackles did he have?

Hill can manage a game. He's not gonna singlehandedly win anything, but he should be able to get calvin johnson the ball.

I think the eagles will win, but I think it's gonna be a close game. vick is garbage. Agree that kolb should sit
    The Fixer wrote:

apparently he was supposed to help hobbs over the top on the jennings TD

other than the pick he had (which any of us could have caught), I didn't notice him much. how many tackles did he have?

Hill can manage a game. He's not gonna singlehandedly win anything, but he should be able to get calvin johnson the ball.

I think the eagles will win, but I think it's gonna be a close game. vick is garbage. Agree that kolb should sit

2nd on the team with 5 tackles and a pick. not a bad start for the beast in the making...
    www.myspace.com
    I could never root for the eagles to lose. I will say that it's gonna be tough to root for a vick-led team though. for a variety of reasons

get well soon Kolb
    The Fixer wrote:
    I could never root for the eagles to lose. I will say that it's gonna be tough to root for a vick-led team though. for a variety of reasons

get well soon Kolb

and yet you still love the big guy who brought him here. :lol:

i hear ya.

hopefully kolb's back next week. honestly if bradely's out, that's a bigger concern. there's a huge drop off with gaither in there.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

get well soon Kolb

i hear ya.

hopefully kolb's back next week. honestly if bradely's out, that's a bigger concern. there's a huge drop off with gaither in there.

yeah man, love reid, but I will never understand that move. I think he outsmarted himself by thinking he could parlay that signing into a high draft pick. I still think they should try to trade him now, but that's a pipe dream.

eagles line up to 6
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

get well soon Kolb

i hear ya.

yeah man, love reid, but I will never understand that move. I think he outsmarted himself by thinking he could parlay that signing into a high draft pick. I still think they should try to trade him now, but that's a pipe dream.

eagles line up to 6

if that line keeps moving up, i'm gonna make it a big play.

nothing like a little week 2 match up of average-ish teams with back up quarterbacks to warrant a lil get together at the jeagler's house. got a pretty hefty crowd coming over sunday. my basement's got a pretty sweet set up for that stuff. weird thing is there will be at least 3 kids running amock amongst us drunks. getting old blows.

oh...i got your texans check yesterday. sorry--i will get the tix out to you no later than tomorrow.
    www.myspace.com

nothing like a little week 2 match up of average-ish teams with back up quarterbacks to warrant a lil get together at the jeagler's house. got a pretty hefty crowd coming over sunday. my basement's got a pretty sweet set up for that stuff. weird thing is there will be at least 3 kids running amock amongst us drunks. getting old blows.

oh...i got your texans check yesterday. sorry--i will get the tix out to you no later than tomorrow.

big play on the birds??

I hear you about the getting old stuff. Having kids at parties really makes you feel your age. I am playing in a fall softball league this year. Doubleheaders at 9 AM. We are sponsored by a bar which gives us free beer after softball so I'm sure I will be watching some games there after our games. I really hate watching the eagles out at bars...I'd much rather be at someone's house in a controlled environment so I can get a feel for what's going on. I'm like that for all big sporting events I'm not attending live.

No worries about the tix. No rush. The earlier I get them the more time I have to lose them. :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

big play on the birds??

I hear you about the getting old stuff. Having kids at parties really makes you feel your age. I am playing in a fall softball league this year. Doubleheaders at 9 AM. We are sponsored by a bar which gives us free beer after softball so I'm sure I will be watching some games there after our games. I really hate watching the eagles out at bars...I'd much rather be at someone's house in a controlled environment so I can get a feel for what's going on. I'm like that for all big sporting events I'm not attending live.

No worries about the tix. No rush. The earlier I get them the more time I have to lose them. :lol:

yeah i think vegas is trying to entice people to take the lions. i have a feeling the young bucks are excited to play with vick this week. really hoping bradley plays though. i dont think they've ruled him out officially yet. have they?

i'm with you on the controlled environment...though it was fun watching the phils playoffs/ws games out at bars the last few years
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

big play on the birds??

yeah i think vegas is trying to entice people to take the lions. i have a feeling the young bucks are excited to play with vick this week. really hoping bradley plays though. i dont think they've ruled him out officially yet. have they?

i'm with you on the controlled environment...though it was fun watching the phils playoffs/ws games out at bars the last few years

I will be shocked if bradley plays. His concussion looked a lot more serious than kolb's. Official injury reports are out today I believe.
This discussion has been closed.