THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    ok, a few quick points

1 - the performance from one preseason game is so wildly overblown it is comical

2 - reid is by far the best coach the eagles have ever had

3 - baldinger predicted 10 wins for the eagles, just like jammin did

I really don't feel like arguing about this stuff anymore. the preseason performances are meaningless. didn't the lions go undefeated in the preseason a couple of years ago when they ended up 0-16?

1-its football dude. people have been salivating for any kind of game action since last winter. this happens every year. you don't have to read or reply to the posts.

2- it is funny how in the phils thread whenever someone says ryan howard is the best firstbaseman in team history you are so quick to point out that it means nothing since the team has been so bad for so long....yet in this thread of a team who has never won a super bowl or any championship of any kind in 50 years you love to point out, on daily basis, that andy reid is the best coach we've ever had. the inconsistency there is incredulous.

3- baldinger is the man. 10 wins is certainly attainable for this team if all the pieces fall into place.

best news of the day: herremans and jackson returning to practice.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    But you all know Baldinger hangs from Reid's tip, right? I'll believe 10 wins when I see it.
    But you all know Baldinger hangs from Reid's tip, right? I'll believe 10 wins when I see it.

you think? i think he's pretty fair. i've heard him rip the eagles plenty of times. the man knows his football.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I'm with you. I think 10 wins is a stretch. especially with the red zone offense struggling the way it has

jeags, your 2nd point above doesn't really make sense. reid is the eagles best coach and howard is the phils best 1B of all time. neither has any competition. not sure what your point it

you think? i think he's pretty fair. i've heard him rip the eagles plenty of times. the man knows his football.

I don't think it was a coincidence that he ripped mcnabb right after he got traded. why not do that while he was here? it's not like that opinion was formed after the trade was made...he seemed to be holding that rant in for years.

jeags, did you get those tix in the mail?

Let's put it this way, I've heard him gush enough over this team and Reid to make this statement.(EDIT: Fixer, good point on ripping McNabb. That's what I'm saying - gushes over Reid's admin.) My point is I'm going into this season with lowered expectations, because to automatically think anything over 8 wins is a given is a pipe dream. Too many what-if's. Set the bar low and they'll only be bound to succeed as I see it.

assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm with you. I think 10 wins is a stretch. especially with the red zone offense struggling the way it has

jeags, your 2nd point above doesn't really make sense. reid is the eagles best coach and howard is the phils best 1B of all time. neither has any competition. not sure what your point it

sure it does.

in one thread you're quick to point no competition fact out...in the other, you seem like you're ready to induct the guy into the hall of fame despite winning nothing. it's a touch hypocrititcal is all.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think it was a coincidence that he ripped mcnabb right after he got traded. why not do that while he was here? it's not like that opinion was formed after the trade was made...he seemed to be holding that rant in for years.

jeags, did you get those tix in the mail?

he ripped on donovan all last season dude.

yeah i got them. you get the check?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

sure it does.

in one thread you're quick to point no competition fact out...in the other, you seem like you're ready to induct the guy into the hall of fame despite winning nothing. it's a touch hypocrititcal is all.

I just said neither has any competition. howard is overrated and reid is underappreciated. it all goes back to the philly fans being, well, not that bright

Let's put it this way, I've heard him gush enough over this team and Reid to make this statement.(EDIT: Fixer, good point on ripping McNabb. That's what I'm saying - gushes over Reid's admin.) My point is I'm going into this season with lowered expectations, because to automatically think anything over 8 wins is a given is a pipe dream. Too many what-if's. Set the bar low and they'll only be bound to succeed as I see it.

assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg

that's why i keep saying i would not be shocked at 7 wins or 10. that's a big spread...but with all the what ifs and how young we are, it's what makes this season so intriguing. i got them at 9 right now. early part of the schedule seems to be the easiest.
    www.myspace.com
    he ripped on donovan all last season dude.

yeah i got them. you get the check?

yep, got it. thanks for getting it out so quickly. enjoy the game next week...hopefully the rain stays away for you this time
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

sure it does.

I just said neither has any competition. howard is overrated and reid is underappreciated. it all goes back to the philly fans being, well, not that bright

you just said it only after someone called you out on it.

your opinion on philly fans can be best summed up by this: if they disagree with you, they're an idiot. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

your opinion on philly fans can be best summed up by this: if they disagree with you, they're an idiot. :lol:

someone said that howard was one of the top 5 phillie players of all time. well, of course he is. I have never argued that point. my point is that calling him a top 5 phillie isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

same thing goes for reid when compared with super bowl era coaches. there isn't anyone close

I don't see how that's hypocritical

most philly fans are idiots...610 listening, buddy ryan/randall cunningham loving, cole hamels/andy reid hating idiots
    The Fixer wrote:

someone said that howard was one of the top 5 phillie players of all time. well, of course he is. I have never argued that point. my point is that calling him a top 5 phillie isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

same thing goes for reid when compared with super bowl era coaches. there isn't anyone close

I don't see how that's hypocritical

most philly fans are idiots...610 listening, buddy ryan/randall cunningham loving, cole hamels/andy reid hating idiots

its hyporcrital to always harp on the whole "not a ringing endorsement" thing for howard but to never acknowledge that for reid... until now apparently. as long as you recognize all the horrendous coaches that have walked the sidelines at the vet before reid, i will relinquish you of being a hypocrit.

you can toss in the mcnabb haters in there as well and then--boom---you're lumped in right with those that you despise.

philly fans are not all idiots. just the vocal minority.
    www.myspace.com

Like this douche bag. I hate - and I don't like to use that word often - this man with every fiber of my body.

0.jpg

They had this dude in Channel 6 studios when Dawk was let go. Dude was sitting in front of a tv watching it, being videotaped, wearing his usual stupid garb, crying. Fucking pathetic.

Like this douche bag. I hate - and I don't like to use that word often - this man with every fiber of my body.

0.jpg

They had this dude in Channel 6 studios when Dawk was let go. Dude was sitting in front of a tv watching it, being videotaped, wearing his usual stupid garb, crying. Fucking pathetic.

haha, that dude is unintentional comedy.

in his defense, the eagles are probably all he's got in his life

0.jpg

he is the worst. my now fiance's parents gave me some eagles book a few years ago for christmas and this dude's face was on the front of it. i so wanted to toss that thing in the fireplace but i didn't think that would go over too well.

he's also a tool too. he gets dressed up like that and goes to games by himself. we see him walking around the lots all by his lonesome all the time. he sucks.
    www.myspace.com

he is the worst. my now fiance's parents gave me some eagles book a few years ago for christmas and this dude's face was on the front of it. i so wanted to toss that thing in the fireplace but i didn't think that would go over too well.

he's also a tool too. he gets dressed up like that and goes to games by himself. we see him walking around the lots all by his lonesome all the time. he sucks.

Sean Young is his name. The absolute worst. He's a trash man in Springfield. My buddy sees him at the gym and the dude tries to lift a weak amount and makes a squealing sound like a pig while doing so. The worst. And he's a part of that pathetic group, The Dirty 30. Fucking terrible. Talk about a bunch of douches. They're the reason everyone in the country thinks the city of Philadelphia booed McNabb when he was drafted.

My buddy sees him at the gym and the dude tries to lift a weak amount and makes a squealing sound like a pig while doing so. The worst. quote]

I'm guessing he slams his weights when he's done. gotta love the 'look at me' tools in the gym. I think the gym is the best place there is to people watch. You will always get a ridiculously high douche:normal ratio. And if you're lucky you might even see some zubaz

I was gonna say that about the draft. knuckleheads
    The Fixer wrote:

My buddy sees him at the gym and the dude tries to lift a weak amount and makes a squealing sound like a pig while doing so. The worst. quote]

I'm guessing he slams his weights when he's done. gotta love the 'look at me' tools in the gym. I think the gym is the best place there is to people watch. You will always get a ridiculously high douche:normal ratio. And if you're lucky you might even see some zubaz

I was gonna say that about the draft. knuckleheads

i gotta say though...i just joined a new la fitness this year and the amount of hot chicks there verses my old older gym which is just down the street is absolutely through the roof. god bless them.
    www.myspace.com

i gotta say though...i just joined a new la fitness this year and the amount of hot chicks there verses my old older gym which is just down the street is absolutely through the roof. god bless them.

I go to LA Fitness too. I've been to a bunch of LA Fitness clubs and the one in havertown is the worst one I've been to (other than the one on city line ave). No hoops, no raquetball, not many decent looking girls. Always plenty of tools. Not good times.

the one in washington twp, nj is the best. 2 hoops courts (only club I've seen with 2 courts, most only have 1), plenty of raquetball...used to see a bunch of eagles in there a lot. pinkston, fraley (who is way smaller than I would have expected), and barry gardner. that club is gigantic
    The Fixer wrote:

I go to LA Fitness too. I've been to a bunch of LA Fitness clubs and the one in havertown is the worst one I've been to (other than the one on city line ave). No hoops, no raquetball, not many decent looking girls. Always plenty of tools. Not good times.

the one in washington twp, nj is the best. 2 hoops courts (only club I've seen with 2 courts, most only have 1), plenty of raquetball...used to see a bunch of eagles in there a lot. pinkston, fraley (who is way smaller than I would have expected), and barry gardner. that club is gigantic

That LA Fitness in Havetown is terrible. Always incredibly overpacked, and it was a high school reunion every time I ever went there. Terrible.
    Speaking of douches - Joe Conklin on DNL right now. Yuck.
    Speaking of douches - Joe Conklin on DNL right now. Yuck.

dude, I shit you not I was just about to post the same thing. turd supreme
    The Fixer wrote:

when i lived in blue bell i went to the one in east norritown...not that impressive.

the one i go to now in collegeville is brand new. pretty fucking nice. has all the ammenities you mentioned. plus i think a lot of these hot broads are coming from that huge pfizer complex across the street.
    www.myspace.com
    Westbrook reportedly lands with San Francisco
    Looks like October will be old home week for the Eagles.

First, they face Donovan McNabb and the Washington Redskins on Oct. 3 and then it's Brian Westbrook and the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 10.

Westbrook agreed to a 1-year contract with San Francisco today after passing a physical, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The 49ers would be in the market for another running back after the surprising retirement of Glen Coffee. San Fran was looking for a backup to Frank Gore , although it did get a strong performance from Anthony Dixon in the preseason opener (100 yards, 21 carries).
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

when i lived in blue bell i went to the one in east norritown...not that impressive.

the one i go to now in collegeville is brand new. pretty fucking nice. has all the ammenities you mentioned. plus i think a lot of these hot broads are coming from that huge pfizer complex across the street.

I used to go to east norriton when I worked up in norristown...that one is a shithole.

my wife now works at that pfizer complex...keep your paws to yourself pal :D

she stopped at that new wegman's out there on her way home and said it was amazing. brought home swordfish steaks that I grilled. they were awesome. I told her to make sure she picked up beer too next time
    Westbrook reportedly lands with San Francisco
    Looks like October will be old home week for the Eagles.

First, they face Donovan McNabb and the Washington Redskins on Oct. 3 and then it's Brian Westbrook and the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 10.

Westbrook agreed to a 1-year contract with San Francisco today after passing a physical, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The 49ers would be in the market for another running back after the surprising retirement of Glen Coffee. San Fran was looking for a backup to Frank Gore , although it did get a strong performance from Anthony Dixon in the preseason opener (100 yards, 21 carries).

that glen coffee story is pretty crazy. dude is only 23...when asked why he retired he said 'god told him it was time to hang it up'.

whatever, weirdo
    The Fixer wrote:
    I used to go to east norriton when I worked up in norristown...that one is a shithole.

she stopped at that new wegman's out there on her way home and said it was amazing. brought home swordfish steaks that I grilled. they were awesome. I told her to make sure she picked up beer too next time

Dude, how long has your wife worked there? My mom worked there forever when it was Wyeth.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that is funny. i know so many random people who work there and none of them know each other. that place is fucking huge.

the wegmans is incredible. best thing about it is the beer store part of it. i've tried out 6 and 12 packs of a bunch of different beers that i normally would never have had the chance to.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.