THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    pjhawks wrote:
    also regarding training camp and preseason as "meaningless"...that is laughable.

considering the extreme amount of turnover this team has had, the injuries they've endured (especially on o line), and how young we are (especially the rooks on d and a 1st year starter at qb)---this has easily been the most important camp/preseason we've had since '99.

that's why camp lasted an extra week and why andy started hitting early and often. solid move on his part, by the way. if you think this month has meant nothing, i don't know what to tell you. boring, perhaps to some--meaningless, not even close. all about planting the seeds here gentlemen. when you're watching it grow the next few years, just remember it all started this month.

looking forward to seeing b graham in the backfield all game long friday. B. E. A. S. T in the making.....

GO BIRDS!

Jaegs - the results are meaningless. nothing that occus tonight other than injuries has any bearing on the season. yes clearly working together to get on the same page is important but if a play doesn't work tonight doesn't mean squat. it's just practice, we talkin about practice, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

nobody said anything about the results. i'll assume you are kidding on that dude.

check out my other post. it's all about execution, staying healthy, and planting the seeds. this month is far from meaningless my friend.

it only matters as a means to being ready for Week 1. whether they score 2 or 59 points tonight that is meaningless except to gamblers. yes of course it is important as a PRACTICE to prepare for the season. that is all i'm saying. don't get all hot and bothered, or over-excited based on what happens in the pre-season.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Jaegs - the results are meaningless. nothing that occus tonight other than injuries has any bearing on the season. yes clearly working together to get on the same page is important but if a play doesn't work tonight doesn't mean squat. it's just practice, we talkin about practice, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

nobody said anything about the results. i'll assume you are kidding on that dude.

check out my other post. it's all about execution, staying healthy, and planting the seeds. this month is far from meaningless my friend.

it only matters as a means to being ready for Week 1. whether they score 2 or 59 points tonight that is meaningless except to gamblers. yes of course it is important as a PRACTICE to prepare for the season. that is all i'm saying. don't get all hot and bothered, or over-excited based on what happens in the pre-season.

its all about getting ready for week 1, of course. but you're missing the point dude. i don't care who wins the game. i'm not expecting to score 59 points. but you want to see your first team offense punch it in a few times before the season starts. execution in the redzone is kind of a big thing you want to work on in practice, scrimmages, and preseason games.

this isn't that difficult a concept to grasp.

how many games you think we'll take in the division?
    www.myspace.com
    its all about getting ready for week 1, of course. but you're missing the point dude. i don't care who wins the game. i'm not expecting to score 59 points. but you want to see your first team offense punch it in a few times before the season starts. execution in the redzone is kind of a big thing you want to work on in practice, scrimmages, and preseason games.

4-2 or 3-3 with most likely 3-3. Id I had to bet id say 3-3 in division, 7-3 out. I think we will be 2nd in the division. not sure yet but if i had to bet on it I'd say the Giants come back strong this year and the Cowboys falter a bit.
    pjhawks wrote:

4-2 or 3-3 with most likely 3-3. Id I had to bet id say 3-3 in division, 7-3 out. I think we will be 2nd in the division. not sure yet but if i had to bet on it I'd say the Giants come back strong this year and the Cowboys falter a bit.

you said 4-4 at the bye the other day. so if we go 3-3 in division with 5 in the 2nd half you got them at 9-7 unless you have us beating indy...which is why you should at least glance at the schedule when making predictions. ;) ...only kidding dude.

i see 3-3 best case. probably split with the giants and skins...be lucky to win one against dallas--as much as that pains me to say. but it wouldn't shock me to see them falter a tad too. 10-11 wins most likely for them though.

it really is so tough to get a handle on this team with all the young bucks and turnover we've had. that's why i'm looking forward to seeing some extended time for the first teamers tonight. that 4th game shoudln't even be televised.

and special teams was awful last week---need to see some improvement there tonight.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    also regarding training camp and preseason as "meaningless"...that is laughable.

considering the extreme amount of turnover this team has had, the injuries they've endured (especially on o line), and how young we are (especially the rooks on d and a 1st year starter at qb)---this has easily been the most important camp/preseason we've had since '99.

that's why camp lasted an extra week and why andy started hitting early and often. solid move on his part, by the way. if you think this month has meant nothing, i don't know what to tell you. boring, perhaps to some--meaningless, not even close. all about planting the seeds here gentlemen. when you're watching it grow the next few years, just remember it all started this month.

looking forward to seeing b graham in the backfield all game long friday. B. E. A. S. T in the making.....

GO BIRDS!

totally agree. just get your work in and don't get hurt. results don't matter. the eagles can score 80 points or 0 points tonight...it doesn't matter as long as there are no injuries.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

GO BIRDS!

totally agree. just get your work in and don't get hurt. results don't matter. the eagles can score 80 points or 0 points tonight...it doesn't matter as long as there are no injuries.

boy you guys are dopes when it comes to football. nobody looks at results in preseason. totally missed the point.
    www.myspace.com
    this team is going 8-8. I think people need to temper expectations a bit (kind of like the people that keep saying the phils are going to the WS even though they're not making the playoffs)
    The Fixer wrote:
    this team is going 8-8. I think people need to temper expectations a bit (kind of like the people that keep saying the phils are going to the WS even though they're not making the playoffs)

who do you think is getting out of hand? pjhawks and jampearls are saying 10-6 and 2nd place. that's about the most optimistic i have seen in here.

like i said 7-10 wins. most likely 8 or 9. this team is almost impossible to project at this point. gonna be interesting tonight though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

who do you think is getting out of hand? pjhawks and jampearls are saying 10-6 and 2nd place. that's about the most optimistic i have seen in here.

like i said 7-10 wins. most likely 8 or 9. this team is almost impossible to project at this point. gonna be interesting tonight though.

barring injuries to Kolb and/or Jackson this team has way too much talent for only 7 wins in my opinion. my 10 might be overly optimistic but i can't see this team having a losing record.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

barring injuries to Kolb and/or Jackson this team has way too much talent for only 7 wins in my opinion. my 10 might be overly optimistic but i can't see this team having a losing record.

the o-line blows and the defense is loaded with question marks. hobbs and samuel aren't exactly pillars of health...imagine if one or both of them get hurt (which is a legitimate possibility)?

I hope patterson wins the nickel job from hanson. never been a big fan of hanson's

boy you guys are dopes when it comes to football. nobody looks at results in preseason. totally missed the point.

ok vince lombardi. I can't wait to kick your cheeks in the NFL pick em. I'm a professional gambler, that is gonna be the easiest money I've ever made. We should make that pool $100 a guy or more
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I hope patterson wins the nickel job from hanson. never been a big fan of hanson's

agreed
    hanson was decent a couple years ago. for whatever reason he wasn't the same after coming back from suspension last year.

and eventhough preseason games are meaningless and nothing is accomplished by them he looked like a fool against owens on that bomb last week. if you're that much smaller than the reciever you are covering and you are playing up on the line--you better be damn sure you knock the reciever down. TO blew right by him.

patterson has looked good this camp.

wouldn't be surprised to see the birds claim a corner in the next couple weeks too.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

ok vince lombardi. I can't wait to kick your cheeks in the NFL pick em. I'm a professional gambler, that is gonna be the easiest money I've ever made. We should make that pool $100 a guy or more

yes, you like to mention your gambling prowess quite often.

the jeagler knows his nfl and is also a professional gambler. go time in a couple weeks. cannot wait.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

agreed
    hanson was decent a couple years ago. for whatever reason he wasn't the same after coming back from suspension last year.

and eventhough preseason games are meaningless and nothing is accomplished by them he looked like a fool against owens on that bomb last week. if you're that much smaller than the reciever you are covering and you are playing up on the line--you better be damn sure you knock the reciever down. TO blew right by him.

wouldn't be surprised to see the birds claim a corner in the next couple weeks too.

macho harris is key. they need to decide if he is an NFL corner. he sure as hell isn't a safety.

I don't think they have room for another corner. hobbs, samuel, patterson, hanson, harris. they won't be picking anyone up unless they cut/trade one of those 5
    The Fixer wrote:

the jeagler knows his nfl and is also a professional gambler. go time in a couple weeks. cannot wait.

I'm just saying, I have been extremely successful with NFL and NCAA football betting. paid for most of my honeymoon to hawaii with gambling income a couple years ago. been cut off by 3 bookies over the last 5 years

you don't know what you're up against
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm just saying, I have been extremely successful with NFL and NCAA football betting. paid for most of my honeymoon to hawaii with gambling income a couple years ago. been cut off by 3 bookies over the last 5 years

you don't know what you're up against

i think you've now mentioned that about 5 times.

i'm good too. act like you've been there before son. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    I smell a side bet. put your money where your mouth is...you know, since I'm a 'dope' when it comes to the NFL
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    agreed

macho harris is key. they need to decide if he is an NFL corner. he sure as hell isn't a safety.

I don't think they have room for another corner. hobbs, samuel, patterson, hanson, harris. they won't be picking anyone up unless they cut/trade one of those 5

macho harris is the key?

you should start paying attention. he's been hurt and tonight will be his first game though he probably won't play too much. at this point, he will struggle to make the team.

depending on what happens tonight (eventhough nothing on the field matters :roll: ) i would think they reach out for a corner...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    I smell a side bet. put your money where your mouth is...you know, since I'm a 'dope' when it comes to the NFL

you've been saying a lot of dopey things the last few weeks. call 'em like i see 'em dude.

what kind of side bet are we talking?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you've been saying a lot of dopey things the last few weeks. call 'em like i see 'em dude.

you call it. I'm up for anything. all depends on how much loot you want to lose
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you call it. I'm up for anything. all depends on how much loot you want to lose

why don't we just do the same weekly thing we were doing in the betting thread--just put an extra amount on who ranks higher between the two of us?
    www.myspace.com

why don't we just do the same weekly thing we were doing in the betting thread--just put an extra amount on who ranks higher between the two of us?

done. just don't get banned on purpose to get out of this. will definitely make it interesting around here for the next 4 months
    The Fixer wrote:

done. just don't get banned on purpose to get out of this. will definitely make it interesting around here for the next 4 months

alright thanks wheels. :mrgreen:

your boy macho's got his work cut out for him tonight

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i see...
    it's the eagles football team not the birds or the band.
    i was confused the other day in that one thread about banning and thank you or whatever.

carry on.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i see...
    it's the eagles football team not the birds or the band.
    i was confused the other day in that one thread about banning and thank you or whatever.

carry on.

you lost son?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    brandon graham and nate allen.....BEASTS IN THE MAKING.

the defense continues to impress. patterson and lindley should both make this team. i would cut hanson by noon today.

offense---ugly, ugly, ugly. kolb looked awful (newsflash--his numbers were not even as good as mcnabb's shitty game last week and very easily could have been much worse). but it is tough to look good when your offensive line plays like poop. o looked similar to the last few weeks of last year after jackson went down. if you don't get any protection, you're not going to be effective. jason peters is in midseason form. 2 or 3 false starts. nicely done. :roll: 1-6 in redzone for first team this preseason. kolb has to learn to avoid the big hits. and you can tell when he gets a little flustered he tries to make things happen when they're just not there. the aggresivness is refreshing but i see 15 picks or more from him this year. i do think he's gonna be a solid qb in this league eventually. hopefully sooner than later. (the more and more reid trots out vick, though, it could be later).

lots of work in the next couple weeks. if we get any continuity on the line, which we should in time, i think we'll be okay. gonna take our lumps though.

also---its a good thing that the defense looks as decent as it does right now because the offense should come around. it has too many weapons to not put up points this year.
    www.myspace.com
    yawn. is the preseason over yet?

only news from last night is cole's injury (as well as any others...I watched zero seconds of the game)
    The Fixer wrote:

only news from last night is cole's injury (as well as any others...I watched zero seconds of the game)

lots of news last night...just have to know what to look for.
    a couple weeks ago you said the 3rd preseason game was the only one that meant something. my hunch is you would be sounding different right now if we looked better.

either way, cole's fine.

i don't think your boy macho, the key to our defense, even got in the game.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... k_spot.htl

Lindley, Patterson could bolster cornerback spot
    By Jonathan Tamari

Inquirer Staff Writer

Trevard Lindley got an opportunity Friday night, and he took advantage of it.

In a preseason game in which the Eagles' starters played for three quarters, Lindley, a fourth-round draft pick out of Kentucky who has played a reserve role at cornerback, played two series with the first team. On one, he had an interception to stop a Kansas City drive that had just crossed the 50-yard line.

If Lindley and Dimitri Patterson, another cornerback who had a strong preseason, can carry their play into the regular season, they could solidify the depth at a position that was considered one of the Eagles' biggest liabilities heading into training camp.

Their performances have threatened the standing of Macho Harris, who has played sparingly in camp and the preseason. On Sunday, Harris was practicing at safety, where he played last year. He had been at cornerback since April's draft but appears to have fallen out of the competition there.

When Lindley got into the 20-17 win over the Chiefs, he played at right cornerback, in place of Ellis Hobbs.

"I saw a guy that can compete at this level," Hobbs said. "It's all about testing yourself in this game and continually moving up."

There is no question about the starting job: Head coach Andy Reid stressed that it still belongs to Hobbs.

Lindley, though, appears to be rising. Listed third on the depth chart before the game in Kansas City, he took snaps with the second team in Sunday's practice. Harris had been listed as Hobbs' backup before the game.

Although Lindley had some success working against the Eagles' third- and fourth-team receivers in training camp, Reid said he wanted to see the rookie corner against some better competition, so he gave him a chance against the Chiefs' starters.

"I wanted to get him in with the ones and just get some experience, really, against their ones," Reid said after the game. "It looked like he did a pretty decent job."

Lindley's biggest play came with the Chiefs on the Eagles' 46-yard line. He dropped into coverage on Chris Chambers, and when a Matt Cassel pass went off the fingers of tight end Tony Moeaki, the corner and receiver each had a shot at the ball.

"Me and the receiver both hit the ball, and it just popped right up," Lindley said. He stayed with it to make the interception.

He finished the game with three tackles, an assist, and two pass breakups.

In the previous two preseason games, he had three special-teams tackles and a near-interception against Jacksonville that was ruled incomplete.

Patterson has similarly stood out in coverage and on special teams, solidifying his spot on the roster.

Meanwhile, Harris, who had hoped to bounce back this year at cornerback, his natural position, missed much of training camp with a hamstring injury and did not play in the first two preseason games.

Harris declined an interview request Sunday, but after the second preseason game, he acknowledged that he was worried about his place on the team, given his inability to get on the field.

But Lindley has made strides. After standing out as a junior at Kentucky , winning honors as an all-Southeastern Conference cornerback, Lindley was hampered by injuries in his senior year and slipped to the draft's fourth round.

The 6-foot, 183-pound defender has long arms that help him play physical defense.

Working with the first-team defense, he said he just tried to "keep doing what I've been doing."

He'll get another chance to do that Thursday against the New York Jets, when he and his fellow backups will see most, if not all, of the playing time.

"Now what he needs to do is stay focused, stay humble about it," Hobbs said. "Great game, but move on from it and move toward this next game."
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

lots of news last night...just have to know what to look for.
    a couple weeks ago you said the 3rd preseason game was the only one that meant something. my hunch is you would be sounding different right now if we looked better.

either way, cole's fine.

i don't think your boy macho, the key to our defense, even got in the game.

GO. BIRDS.

I didn't say macho is the key to the defense...that's absurd. All I meant is that if he could win a spot as a corner that could give them some much needed depth. calling him 'key' was a terrible way to put it.

eagles traded for a corner today. probably practice squad material, but you did predict that. good work

I'm so happy that the preseason is finally over.
This discussion has been closed.