THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I truly believe that Brent Celek will the a 10-12td guy this year. Can't wait to see this offensive run the way i think it can. We finially have weapons at every spot and think Kolb is gonna suprise many this year. If are Def plays good i think that 10-6 is very possible. If the Def is so-so then 8-8 is more likely,but id say 9-7 they finish.

i heard didnger saying he thinks celek will lead the team in receptions, djack in td's, and maclin in yards. that will be pretty impressive if it plays out like that.

Go back and look at celeks and d-jacks stats when kolb qb. There awesome my buddy thinks jackson won't be as effective cause kolb dosen't have 5s arm. I think the opposite i think jack will be better cause kolb will hit him in stride unlike 5.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I truly believe that Brent Celek will the a 10-12td guy this year. Can't wait to see this offensive run the way i think it can. We finially have weapons at every spot and think Kolb is gonna suprise many this year. If are Def plays good i think that 10-6 is very possible. If the Def is so-so then 8-8 is more likely,but id say 9-7 they finish.

i heard didnger saying he thinks celek will lead the team in receptions, djack in td's, and maclin in yards. that will be pretty impressive if it plays out like that.

Go back and look at celeks and d-jacks stats when kolb qb. There awesome my buddy thinks jackson won't be as effective cause kolb dosen't have 5s arm. I think the opposite i think jack will be better cause kolb will hit him in stride unlike 5.

kolb was qb against some bad defenses last year. that's a bad sampling.

i agree with your buddy though. jackson will be more of the deep threat and maclin will benefit more from kolb's accuracy over the middle. i heard maclin put on about 6 pounds of muscle for that very thing.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    eagles are 1 point dogs in week 1. O/U is 44.5.

Kind of like the over. I don't see the birds holding GB under 30

Eagles offense is loaded, but the line still makes me nervous. especially since they don't have a center

I will be completely shocked if this team wins 10 games
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Hey, know what I've realized? Don't ever read anything on CSN's site and appreciate it. There isn't an organization in Philly milking that network for more than it's worth right now than the Birds. I guess you can work on PR recovery when you're worth over a billion dollars.
    if farve is really retiring, reid better damn well be on the phone with childress today discussing a trade for vick. i would think they could snag a 4th rounder. then bring garcia in here.

going into this year with vick still around would be criminal. no pun intended....actually it was intended.
    www.myspace.com
    if farve is really retiring, reid better damn well be on the phone with childress today discussing a trade for vick. i would think they could snag a 4th rounder. then bring garcia in here.

going into this year with vick still around would be criminal. no pun intended....actually it was intended.

I've never been a vick fan either. and that was before he started killing dogs. I just don't think the dude is that good.

I read something that said the eagles didn't trade him because they couldn't get a 3rd rounder for him. It broke down the salary he got and how the eagles valued draft picks. I think they could get a 3rd for him...and I'd definitely be open to trading him.

then we'd just have to really keep our fingers crossed that kolb doesn't get hurt. garcia had a rag arm when he was here 3 years ago. I can only imagine what him throwing a deep out would look like today. yikes
    The Fixer wrote:

I've never been a vick fan either. and that was before he started killing dogs. I just don't think the dude is that good.

I read something that said the eagles didn't trade him because they couldn't get a 3rd rounder for him. It broke down the salary he got and how the eagles valued draft picks. I think they could get a 3rd for him...and I'd definitely be open to trading him.

then we'd just have to really keep our fingers crossed that kolb doesn't get hurt. garcia had a rag arm when he was here 3 years ago. I can only imagine what him throwing a deep out would look like today. yikes

a 3rd might be pushing it especially after what happened last month. teams are gun shy.
    i think we get either a 3rd or a 4th if we let him walk after his contract is up this year though.

if kolb goes down we are done anyway. i just want a guy like garcia behind him to help tutor him the west coast offense. i don't see vick as that guy. plus if we trot vick out onto the field like they did last year it could stunt kolb's growth as a qb.

i was okay with the vick signing last year for only a million bucks and with donovan entrenched as our qb. but he's totally not worth what we're paying him right now and doesnt figure into out plans. we gotta move him.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way....from all accounts it looks as if brandon graham is taking winston justice out to the woodshed all day long up there.

brandon graham...set to be a beast

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

a 3rd might be pushing it especially after what happened last month. teams are gun shy.
    i think we get either a 3rd or a 4th if we let him walk after his contract is up this year though.

if kolb goes down we are done anyway. i just want a guy like garcia behind him to help tutor him the west coast offense. i don't see vick as that guy. plus if we trot vick out onto the field like they did last year it could stunt kolb's growth as a qb.

i was okay with the vick signing last year for only a million bucks and with donovan entrenched as our qb. but he's totally not worth what we're paying him right now and doesnt figure into out plans. we gotta move him.

you don't think vick will be a good mentor?

hey kevin, today's lesson is how to make it rain at the strip club
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Maclins hurt now,hyper extended his knee. Awesome camp so far shit riley cooper and jason avant might be are starters at this rate.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Maclins hurt now,hyper extended his knee. Awesome camp so far shit riley cooper and jason avant might be are starters at this rate.

JESUS CHRIST.

maybe reid should rethink the whole non stop hitting thing from day one...every update you get its an injury. most of them are just hammy's and stuff. but it's pretty crazy. can't afford to lose maclin.
    www.myspace.com
    brandon graham...set to become a crowd favorite:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... ryant.html
    Graham disagrees with Cowboys' Bryant

Brandon Graham knows he'll have to take the defensive linemen out to dinner.

Other than that, he hasn't seen much hazing as a rookie with the Eagles.

But if his teammates asked Graham to carry their shoulder pads, he would - unlike Dez Bryant.

Graham explained why he disagreed with Bryant's move to not carry the pads of teammate Roy Williams.

"I'm used to the hazing part because that's what I was brought up on - being hazed, when I first got there [Michigan] as a freshman," Graham said during an interview with WIP. "It's a continuous thing. It's just all about respect. That's all. You should respect the ones that have been there before you. If I was Dez Bryant, I would have did it, because it's not anything that they're trying to do that's a bad thing. It's just a fun experience to go through because later on, there'll be memories."

Graham went on to say that Bryant sent the wrong message to his new teammates.

"It's a big stamp on you, saying that you're selfish, that you wouldn't fight for your teammates, because him saying that he's here for the Super Bowl and stuff, that's a lot of talk for him," Graham said. "He's a selfish guy if he doesn't do what they ask him to do because he knows it's going to come. He knows coming in, that's what you have in the back of your mind. 'I'm a rookie again. I know I'm about to get hazed.' But some people just really don't like that stuff and you can't get around it."
    www.myspace.com
    I wouldn't have much desire to go all the way to Lehigh to watch practice, but this is pretty cool.

From Matt Mosely (who's a turd since he's a cowboy fan)

Lehigh is the only camp I've attended where fans tailgate in the parking lots between morning and afternoon practices
    andy reid is a beast

Brandon Graham, others proving worthIt seems Philadelphia struck a 'lucky 13' with its baker's dozen of draft By Adam Schefter
    On The Road To Camp: Eagles
    Adam Schefter looks at the Eagles' transition to Kevin Kolb as the starting quarterback

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Some years it's obvious when a team whiffs on its draft picks. Other years, it's obvious it connected.

Though training camp is only a week old, the early indications are that the Philadelphia Eagles' 2010 draft class was a Ryan Howard-like home run.

Not only did the Eagles have a high quantity of picks -- 13 in all, including four in the fourth round -- but it appears they landed just as much quality. From their first pick to their last, it seems Philadelphia hit paydirt. Here's a glance:

• Round 1 (13th overall), Michigan defensive end Brandon Graham: Eagles players are raving about Graham's burst, technique, handwork. Before the draft, one NFL executive predicted Graham would have a better NFL career than Indianapolis Colts Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney. Graham already is the early favorite to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

• Round 2 (37th overall), South Florida safety Nate Allen: With the pick the Eagles acquired from Washington for Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia found a ballhawking defensive quarterback.

• Round 3 (86th overall), Washington defensive end Daniel Te'o-Nesheim: The all-time sack leader at Washington, Te'o-Nesheim is a brawler who never stops going full tilt.

• Round 4 (105th overall) Kentucky cornerback Trevard Lindley: With the pick acquired from the Cleveland Browns for linebacker Chris Gocong and cornerback Sheldon Brown, the Eagles found a potential successor at cornerback. Had Lindley come out after his junior season, he would have been a first-day pick; a high ankle sprain marred his senior season.

• Round 4 (121st overall), Oklahoma linebacker Keenan Clayton: Teams love speed and linebackers who can race from sideline to sideline. Clayton can.

• Round 4 (122nd overall), Northwestern quarterback Mike Kafka: Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg on Kafka's ability to pick up the playbook and deliver the football: "I think he could be the best rookie that I've ever had in 15, 16, 17 years. Kafka is really sharp. Now, he's sharp book-wise, but he's also very intelligent in a football sense. He's really picked it up very quickly. He's had just terrific minicamps. He started hot and stayed hot."

• Round 4 (125th overall), Missouri State tight end Clay Harbor: Every day at training camp, Harbor makes a play. Every day.

• Round 5 (134th overall), Clemson defensive end Ricky Sapp: Through the early part of camp, Sapp is the one pick who has yet to distinguish himself.

• Round 5 (159th overall), Florida wide receiver Riley Cooper: One of the camp's stars, Cooper has made his mark with his hands, speed and strength. Fair to say, Eagles cornerbacks have not enjoyed covering him. Even on a roster with wide receiver depth, the Eagles will have to make room for Cooper.

• Round 6 (200th overall), LSU running back Charles Scott: He could wind up as the Eagles' backup fullback.

• Round 7 (220th overall), Mississippi State linebacker Jamar Chaney: He's cut from the same mold as fourth-round pick Clayton. The Eagles suddenly have speed at linebacker.

• Round 7 (243rd selection), Georgia defensive tackle Jeff Owens: He's competing for the Eagles' fourth or fifth defensive tackle position.

•Round 7 (244th selection): Ohio State safety Kurt Coleman: What he lacks in size and speed, Coleman makes up for with smarts and character.

Other observations from Eagles camp:

• The Eagles might have more young offensive firepower than any other team in the league. Quarterback Kevin Kolb and tight end Brent Celek are entering their fourth years in the league, wide receiver DeSean Jackson is going into his third, and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and running back LeSean McCoy are going into their second seasons. This is a nucleus that could be together for the next half-dozen years.

• Linebacker Ernie Sims was a Detroit Lions' top-10 pick. Now he will be a three-down player in Philadelphia. The Eagles believe Sims can defend the run, pass and even be used as a blitzer. With Sims and the return of a healthy Stewart Bradley, the Eagles already appear stronger at linebacker than they did all of last season.

• Philadelphia's regular-season opener shapes up as one of the top matchups that weekend. The Eagles play host to the Green Bay Packers. In his counterpart Aaron Rodgers, Kolb will get an up-close look at the type of quarterback who has succeeded a legend in his city only to go on to achieve his own excellence.

Monday is a doubleheader, with stops at the Baltimore Ravens in the morning and the Washington Redskins in the afternoon.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wouldn't have much desire to go all the way to Lehigh to watch practice, but this is pretty cool.

Lehigh is the only camp I've attended where fans tailgate in the parking lots between morning and afternoon practices

i've seen it. i've done it.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    andy reid is a beast

Brandon Graham, others proving worthIt seems Philadelphia struck a 'lucky 13' with its baker's dozen of draft By Adam Schefter
    Adam Schefter looks at the Eagles' transition to Kevin Kolb as the starting quarterback

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Some years it's obvious when a team whiffs on its draft picks. Other years, it's obvious it connected.

Though training camp is only a week old, the early indications are that the Philadelphia Eagles' 2010 draft class was a Ryan Howard-like home run.

Not only did the Eagles have a high quantity of picks -- 13 in all, including four in the fourth round -- but it appears they landed just as much quality. From their first pick to their last, it seems Philadelphia hit paydirt. Here's a glance:

• Round 1 (13th overall), Michigan defensive end Brandon Graham: Eagles players are raving about Graham's burst, technique, handwork. Before the draft, one NFL executive predicted Graham would have a better NFL career than Indianapolis Colts Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney. Graham already is the early favorite to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

• Round 2 (37th overall), South Florida safety Nate Allen: With the pick the Eagles acquired from Washington for Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia found a ballhawking defensive quarterback.

• Round 3 (86th overall), Washington defensive end Daniel Te'o-Nesheim: The all-time sack leader at Washington, Te'o-Nesheim is a brawler who never stops going full tilt.

• Round 4 (105th overall) Kentucky cornerback Trevard Lindley: With the pick acquired from the Cleveland Browns for linebacker Chris Gocong and cornerback Sheldon Brown, the Eagles found a potential successor at cornerback. Had Lindley come out after his junior season, he would have been a first-day pick; a high ankle sprain marred his senior season.

• Round 4 (121st overall), Oklahoma linebacker Keenan Clayton: Teams love speed and linebackers who can race from sideline to sideline. Clayton can.

• Round 4 (122nd overall), Northwestern quarterback Mike Kafka: Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg on Kafka's ability to pick up the playbook and deliver the football: "I think he could be the best rookie that I've ever had in 15, 16, 17 years. Kafka is really sharp. Now, he's sharp book-wise, but he's also very intelligent in a football sense. He's really picked it up very quickly. He's had just terrific minicamps. He started hot and stayed hot."

• Round 4 (125th overall), Missouri State tight end Clay Harbor: Every day at training camp, Harbor makes a play. Every day.

• Round 5 (134th overall), Clemson defensive end Ricky Sapp: Through the early part of camp, Sapp is the one pick who has yet to distinguish himself.

• Round 5 (159th overall), Florida wide receiver Riley Cooper: One of the camp's stars, Cooper has made his mark with his hands, speed and strength. Fair to say, Eagles cornerbacks have not enjoyed covering him. Even on a roster with wide receiver depth, the Eagles will have to make room for Cooper.

• Round 6 (200th overall), LSU running back Charles Scott: He could wind up as the Eagles' backup fullback.

• Round 7 (220th overall), Mississippi State linebacker Jamar Chaney: He's cut from the same mold as fourth-round pick Clayton. The Eagles suddenly have speed at linebacker.

• Round 7 (243rd selection), Georgia defensive tackle Jeff Owens: He's competing for the Eagles' fourth or fifth defensive tackle position.

•Round 7 (244th selection): Ohio State safety Kurt Coleman: What he lacks in size and speed, Coleman makes up for with smarts and character.

• The Eagles might have more young offensive firepower than any other team in the league. Quarterback Kevin Kolb and tight end Brent Celek are entering their fourth years in the league, wide receiver DeSean Jackson is going into his third, and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and running back LeSean McCoy are going into their second seasons. This is a nucleus that could be together for the next half-dozen years.

• Linebacker Ernie Sims was a Detroit Lions' top-10 pick. Now he will be a three-down player in Philadelphia. The Eagles believe Sims can defend the run, pass and even be used as a blitzer. With Sims and the return of a healthy Stewart Bradley, the Eagles already appear stronger at linebacker than they did all of last season.

• Philadelphia's regular-season opener shapes up as one of the top matchups that weekend. The Eagles play host to the Green Bay Packers. In his counterpart Aaron Rodgers, Kolb will get an up-close look at the type of quarterback who has succeeded a legend in his city only to go on to achieve his own excellence.

Monday is a doubleheader, with stops at the Baltimore Ravens in the morning and the Washington Redskins in the afternoon.

i'm telling you...if those top two guys can contribute, our d will be a lot better than people think...hence, 10 wins is not as crazy as a lot of people think too. shefter was on 950 last week saying he thinks allen's gonna be a started from day 1.

but then again shefter is a reporter, like buster olney, not an analyst. so what does he know? :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    andy reid is a beast

i'm telling you...if those top two guys can contribute, our d will be a lot better than people think...hence, 10 wins is not as crazy as a lot of people think too. shefter was on 950 last week saying he thinks allen's gonna be a started from day 1.

but then again shefter is a reporter, like buster olney, not an analyst. so what does he know? :roll: :lol:

yeah, there was an article in one of the philly papers today about how well demps has played too. though I think it was john smallwood, so it means nothing. this is why I hate the NFL offseason...you hear all types of noise about how these guys look great in camp -- which doesn't really mean shit.

There is a lot of young talent on the defense -- I'm more worried about mcdermott putting it all together than anything else
    The Fixer wrote:

GO. BIRDS.

I actually turned down an invite to head up there today. I don't know, I just don't get it. I think watching practice would be -- well, boring.

the drinking sounds great. even though it feels like I live in Africa these days. christ it's fucking hot outside
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

GO. BIRDS.

I actually turned down an invite to head up there today. I don't know, I just don't get it. I think watching practice would be -- well, boring.

the drinking sounds great. even though it feels like I live in Africa these days. christ it's fucking hot outside

if you hate the heat, you would not have fun in the lehigh valley in august. the morning practice isn't bad but towards the end its a little unbearable.

i've gone to training camp since it was in west chester when i was a kid. i just think its cool to interact with the players a little bit and to see the hitting so close to the action. plus ragging on the scrubs who have no shot at making the roster is always a good time.

i'll never forget being up there along with 20,000 other idiots in '04. that was the definition of nuts. what a fucking year that was..... from the TO trade in march to the jacksonville loss the following february--it was 11 months of complete and total insanity. not coincidentally it also coincided with one of the top 3 years of the jeagler's life thus far. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Fan told to take off McNabb Skins jersey at camp
    BETHLEHEM -- Eagles fan Jim Devlin, of King of Prussia, was directed to remove the Donovan McNabb Redskins jersey that he was wearing on the Eagles sideline at training camp this morning by security.

Devlin said that security told him that coach Andy Reid wanted the jersey removed. A team spokesman said he was unaware whether the directive came from Reid.

Devlin was on the sideline, not in the stands, on a guest pass, provided by friend Frank Deutchki, of Schwenksville, who is with him. A team spokesman said guests with sideline passes are supposed to be screened at the gate.

Devlin was surprised but also really angry. He was curious what other fans' reaction would be so he also wore the jersey to Sunday's Phillies-Mets game.

Deutchki now has the jersey in a bag, with Devlin wearing a red T-shirt.

Devlin said he thought Reid would be more concerned with what was happening on the field rather than on the sidelines.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    BETHLEHEM -- Eagles fan Jim Devlin, of King of Prussia, was directed to remove the Donovan McNabb Redskins jersey that he was wearing on the Eagles sideline at training camp this morning by security.

Devlin said that security told him that coach Andy Reid wanted the jersey removed. A team spokesman said he was unaware whether the directive came from Reid.

Devlin was on the sideline, not in the stands, on a guest pass, provided by friend Frank Deutchki, of Schwenksville, who is with him. A team spokesman said guests with sideline passes are supposed to be screened at the gate.

Devlin was surprised but also really angry. He was curious what other fans' reaction would be so he also wore the jersey to Sunday's Phillies-Mets game.

Devlin said he thought Reid would be more concerned with what was happening on the field rather than on the sidelines.

that guy is an asshole - man i hate people like that. he was just doing to get a rise out of people, then when people react he bitches about it. dudes like that need a good ass kicking in my opinion. fucker
    pjhawks wrote:

that guy is an asshole - man i hate people like that. he was just doing to get a rise out of people, then when people react he bitches about it. dudes like that need a good ass kicking in my opinion. fucker

shocking response from you. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    If this were a Dawkins Broncos jersey it would be no problem. The Eagles front office are a bunch of vaginas.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If this were a Dawkins Broncos jersey it would be no problem. The Eagles front office are a bunch of vaginas.

this is probably an issue for the fraud thread...is that guy a fraud for a: purchasing the jersey and wearing it to begin with.....b: wearing it to training camp, let alone on the sidelines.

i say yes to both. however, its a total weak move by the eagles to make someone take off a jersey you don't like. what's next? not letting people bring signs to the linc?......oh right, that's been banned since it opened. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

this is probably an issue for the fraud thread...is that guy a fraud for a: purchasing the jersey and wearing it to begin with.....b: wearing it to training camp, let alone on the sidelines.

i say yes to both. however, its a total weak move by the eagles to make someone take off a jersey you don't like. what's next? not letting people bring signs to the linc?......oh right, that's been banned since it opened. :roll:

typical response from you.

he wasn't in the stands, he was on the sidelines as an invited guest. do you act like a jackass when you are invited somewhere?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

bringing signs to games is like bringing your baseball glove to a game. only kids should be allowed.

the Linc blows, but I kinda like the fact that fans aren't allowed to bring signs in (didn't know that rule either)
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

typical response from you.

he wasn't in the stands, he was on the sidelines as an invited guest. do you act like a jackass when you are invited somewhere?

what part was typical?

how is wearing someone's jersey labled as being a jackass? fraud, yes. jackass, not too sure.

reid's got more important things to worry about than this dope.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

bringing signs to games is like bringing your baseball glove to a game. only kids should be allowed.

the Linc blows, but I kinda like the fact that fans aren't allowed to bring signs in (didn't know that rule either)

the signs were one of the things that gave the vet so much life.
    the lack of signs is one of the reasons why the linc feels like an office complex at times.
    www.myspace.com

the signs were one of the things that gave the vet so much life.
    the lack of signs is one of the reasons why the linc feels like an office complex at times.

You obviously go to a lot more eagle games than I do. I guess the signs that hang down from row 1 of the section are cool. But there's nothing worse than getting stuck sitting behind some tool that holds a sign up all game because they want to be on TV.

I usually go to 1 game at the Linc per season. The atmosphere in that building is terrible. Office complex is right on
    what part was typical?

how is wearing someone's jersey labled as being a jackass? fraud, yes. jackass, not too sure.

reid's got more important things to worry about than this dope.

wearing a jersey for no reason other than to get a rise out of someone is being a jackass. what kind of jackoff wears another teams jersey on the sidelines of another team? sorry that dude is a jackass in my opinion. regardless of the eagles response to it i just don't understand how anyone can defend rude and jackass behavior. but i guess it doesn't shock me that people on here do that.
This discussion has been closed.