THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• While I do agree the dude is somewhat of a jackass for wearing the jersey just to get a rise, Reid is far more of a jackass for giving a shit about it. Really Andy? Worry about winning the Super Bowl...something you have had 10 years to accomplish. Not the attire of someone on the sideline. I really hate the organization. I'll always be a fan of the team but I despise who is running it and how they go about doing it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    non-story

I don't know how any eagle fan can hate andy reid. that's the worst part of this entire situation
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    what part was typical?

how is wearing someone's jersey labled as being a jackass? fraud, yes. jackass, not too sure.

reid's got more important things to worry about than this dope.

wearing a jersey for no reason other than to get a rise out of someone is being a jackass. what kind of jackoff wears another teams jersey on the sidelines of another team? sorry that dude is a jackass in my opinion. regardless of the eagles response to it i just don't understand how anyone can defend rude and jackass behavior. but i guess it doesn't shock me that people on here do that.

jackass, dope, fraud...all semantics. i just disagree with them making him take it off. especially if the directive came from the fucking coach :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    While I do agree the dude is somewhat of a jackass for wearing the jersey just to get a rise, Reid is far more of a jackass for giving a shit about it. Really Andy? Worry about winning the Super Bowl...something you have had 10 years to accomplish. Not the attire of someone on the sideline. I really hate the organization. I'll always be a fan of the team but I despise who is running it and how they go about doing it.

they give you a legit shot at going to the super bowl every year. not sure what's to hate about that.
    www.myspace.com
    DeSean/Maclin tiff about who works harder
    BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- It ends up being Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson didn't have an argument Tuesday about who was the bigger star, as one reporter kiddingly asked Maclin.

It was about who was the harder worker, team sources said.

Maclin was asked Wednesday after practice if that was the impetus for the argument.

"It was nothing," he said. "It was nothing."

The day before, Maclin said it was just a "mix-up" that led to the spat that began at the end of practice and continued as they walked off the field together.

“It’s training camp," Maclin said Tuesday. "There’s no bad vibe between us two. We talked something out and that’s all it was. I don’t hate him, he doesn’t hate me. We’re still good. We’re still friends. There was a little mix-up and it’s all good now.”

Jackson hasn't spoken with reporters since the start of training camp.

The Eagles' starting wide receivers chatted with each other during breaks in Tuesday afternoon's special teams practice and again Wednesday.

One member of the Eagles' coaching staff said the dispute was a healthy one to have for two burgeoning players, and that it did not merit an intervention from coaches.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    pjhawks wrote:
    what part was typical?

how is wearing someone's jersey labled as being a jackass? fraud, yes. jackass, not too sure.

reid's got more important things to worry about than this dope.

wearing a jersey for no reason other than to get a rise out of someone is being a jackass. what kind of jackoff wears another teams jersey on the sidelines of another team? sorry that dude is a jackass in my opinion. regardless of the eagles response to it i just don't understand how anyone can defend rude and jackass behavior. but i guess it doesn't shock me that people on here do that.

jackass, dope, fraud...all semantics. i just disagree with them making him take it off. especially if the directive came from the fucking coach :lol:

Jaegs - i don't totally disagree with you regarding the Eagles response to it. I was just commenting on the guy wearing the jersey and my thoughts on him being a jackass. The Eagles fail miserably at PR at times. Even if I think the Eagles are right in this case (which I do) you have to question why they pick this battle. Let it go because you know the media is going to make it a story.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Jaegs - i don't totally disagree with you regarding the Eagles response to it. I was just commenting on the guy wearing the jersey and my thoughts on him being a jackass. The Eagles fail miserably at PR at times. Even if I think the Eagles are right in this case (which I do) you have to question why they pick this battle. Let it go because you know the media is going to make it a story.

that. or let it go cuz its none of reid's business what the guy's wearing :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    i know many of you are still caught up in baseball season as i am...but i cannot wait for friday's game. i'm hearing so much positivity coming out of camp, that you just want to see it first hand against an actual opponent to believe it for yourself. only the first preseason game. starters might play a quarter at the most. the 3rd one is where they play extended time. i just wanna see some football. any football at this point. gonna have a few people over for some pops to watch this and the phils beat up on the muts.

the main things i'm looking for early on:

kolb's precision
    how mccoy looks (for someone replacing a legend--you barely hear anything about this kid, which i guess is a good thing)
    the 4th reciever battle
    also really want to see graham and allen play on defense.
    and ellis hobbs--again, nothing but positive reviews from camp....gotta be a bit skeptical.
    strong side lb battle.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Kolb's the real deal---i saw him play at UH & he was awesome. Not a huge Eagles fan, but I'm looking forward to watching him play.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Kolb's the real deal---i saw him play at UH & he was awesome. Not a huge Eagles fan, but I'm looking forward to watching him play.

i'm pretty psyched to see him take over the reigns this year. love all the young guns on this squad right now...
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    mfc2006 wrote:

i'm pretty psyched to see him take over the reigns this year. love all the young guns on this squad right now...

i'm sure they'll have some growing pains, but you're right. their young players are awesome & if they can keep them all together, they'll do some amazing things.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    i know many of you are still caught up in baseball season as i am...but i cannot wait for friday's game. i'm hearing so much positivity coming out of camp, that you just want to see it first hand against an actual opponent to believe it for yourself. only the first preseason game. starters might play a quarter at the most. the 3rd one is where they play extended time. i just wanna see some football. any football at this point. gonna have a few people over for some pops to watch this and the phils beat up on the muts.

the main things i'm looking for early on:

kolb's precision
    how mccoy looks (for someone replacing a legend--you barely hear anything about this kid, which i guess is a good thing)
    the 4th reciever battle
    also really want to see graham and allen play on defense.
    and ellis hobbs--again, nothing but positive reviews from camp....gotta be a bit skeptical.
    strong side lb battle.

GO. BIRDS.

wake me up for week 3 of the preseason. that's the only game that means anything. until then it's baseball season.

kolb will play 1 series on friday. I have no interest in watching mike vick and mike kafka
    mfc2006 wrote:

you must be loving watching case keenum. he's better than kolb was while he was at UH
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:

wake me up for week 3 of the preseason. that's the only game that means anything. until then it's baseball season.

Its baseball season until the Yanks are done in my book.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that's pretty much what I meant. I will start paying attention to the NFL during week 3 of the preseason. Gotta have some idea of who to bet on
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that's pretty much what I meant. I will start paying attention to the NFL during week 3 of the preseason. Gotta have some idea of who to bet on

what a couple of frauds! :lol:

the nfl season never ends boys.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

I have never claimed to be a big NFL fan. Baseball season never ends for me. I pay attention to the Giants from Sept-Feb.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have never claimed to be a big NFL fan. Baseball season never ends for me. I pay attention to the Giants from Sept-Feb.

I love the eagles, but I like the NFL for gambling purposes more than anything else. The NFL game product has gotten shittier every year since 2000 in my opinion.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I love the eagles, but I like the NFL for gambling purposes more than anything else. The NFL game product has gotten shittier every year since 2000 in my opinion.

every league has gotten shittier since expansion started 20 years ago. every league should eliminate at least 4 teams.

that said, i can't wait for football to start...
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

baseball and football are both year round obsessions for this guy.
    www.myspace.com
    GO BIRDS.

Five things to watch for Friday
    It’s just about here. After weeks trying to glean insights from controlled practices, we get a chance Friday to measure the new-look Eagles against real opposition.

No, it won’t have the same feel of the regular season, and if you care about the final score for more than a few minutes you might need to relax a bit on the whole football thing. But the pre-season opener against Jacksonville will provide another way to test the young Eagles, with new, unfamiliar opponents, real game situations and an atmosphere closer to the one they will experience on Sundays.

Here are five things we’ll be watching for Friday night (along with links to recent related stories and columns):

1. Kevin Kolb: Duh. He’s going to be the person to watch every pre-season game, and pretty much throughout the season. He had interception problems through one stretch of camp – how does he fare against another defense? Does he read new blitzes? Does his accuracy actually lead to more runs after the catch? How does he handle his successes and mistakes? This season, and probably the next few as well, ride on his arm and mind.

2. The offensive line. With the cornerback situation seeming more solid than many first anticipated, the offensive line is the number one concern on the team. They looked bad in pass protection early in camp, dragging down the entire offense, though seem to have leveled off recently. It’s possible that the rough early going is because of a defense that is better than expected. Though if the opposite is true – that a weak offensive line is making the defense look great – watch out. Friday we’ll get a better idea which is assessment is more accurate.

3. New and improved faces on defense. Ernie Sims has looked like a killer through camp, flying to the ball and making big hits whenever he can get them. Can he make a similar impact in a game? And can he do it with enough discipline to avoid penalties? Trevor Laws seems rejuvenated this year and coaches are raving about his off-season work. But is he benefiting from going up against reserve centers and guards on an already weakened line? Or has he really turned the page?

4. The rookies. This will be their first look at competition other than fellow Eagles. How do they react to formations, play calls and individual tendencies they have not seen before? Nate Allen carries the most responsibility – he is being counted on to start from day one. Brandon Graham has received the most attention. He has been impressive. Does his strong camp play translate against new competition? Others who might make an early impact: Clay Harbor, pushing for the second tight end role, has shown quickness and nice hands in camp and Riley Cooper, a fan favorite who has also surprised with his speed and shined early.

5. Who surprises? Does someone who had previously gone unnoticed make a mark? Could it be Daniel Te’o-Nesheim, who coaches love but who has made little noise at camp? The speedy seventh-round linebacker Jamar Chaney? Some in the organization see big possibilities for running back Martell Mallett, who has so far garnered little attention. Of course, by the very definition of surprise, it’s impossible to predict, and could easily be someone we never saw coming.
    www.myspace.com
    i'm still amazed that i can always find some chump to buy my preseason tickets :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    This is outstanding...

Batman-and-Robin-cinci1.jpg
    i'm still amazed that i can always find some chump to buy my preseason tickets :lol::lol:

yeah, I honestly wouldn't go even if I got free tix. I have heard the preseason games are great for taking younger kids.
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I honestly wouldn't go even if I got free tix. I have heard the preseason games are great for taking younger kids.

that along with "it's a great chance to see the linc for yourself" was my sales pitch up until about 2007 or so.

i'm pretty fired up to see the first half tonight.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that along with "it's a great chance to see the linc for yourself" was my sales pitch up until about 2007 or so.

GO BIRDS.

I will be watching the phils. If I'm bored this weekend I'll check out the replay on NFL Network

I think preseason football blows.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

GO BIRDS.

I will be watching the phils. If I'm bored this weekend I'll check out the replay on NFL Network

I think preseason football blows.

well i'm a diehard for both sports. gotta watch 'em both. especially with a new franchise qb taking the reigns for the first time since 1999.

i'll be drinking for them in approximately t minus 1 hour and 20 minutes. :mrgreen:

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Thought both sides looked great tonight. Kolb looked poised and scrambled better then i thought he could. Djack and maclin are gonna be beasts,while celek is gonna eat up the middle. thought are d looked good in the 6 plays they had. My 10-6 win total is very possible and i feel like this team if healthy will be a scoring machine.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Thought both sides looked great tonight. Kolb looked poised and scrambled better then i thought he could. Djack and maclin are gonna be beasts,while celek is gonna eat up the middle. thought are d looked good in the 6 plays they had. My 10-6 win total is very possible and i feel like this team if healthy will be a scoring machine.

so you're confident that this team will win 10 games after seeing one preseason game? I think you need to temper expectations

My prediction will come in 3 weeks. tonight meant nothing. best thing about tonight was no major injuries
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    No i've said from the begin ning that 9-7 is the most likely scenairo imo. But 10-6 was the best with 8-8 as the worst. After seeing Kolb use his weapons the way there meant to be usen i strongly believe if injuries don't kill us will be 10-6. That offensive is gonna be for real,i don't care that we played the chiefs and saints with Kolb last year this O will be a top 5 team. Jackson and Celek will be studs this year mark it copy it write it down. Celek will score 10-12tds if healthy with Kolb all year. Tough to tell what the def was but i liked the little i saw. I just believe getting rid of 5 was the best decesion this team could have made. I'm a strong believer that Kolb will put up 26-32tds with 10-14ints and between 3700-4100yds passing. 10-6 a wild card game and possible a win not sure yet though.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.