THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    there is a lot of factors at play. but if you have no idea who you are playing outside your division, i don't think you have much credibility throwing win/loss predictions out there. big difference between playing teams against the nfc west or the afc east for example.

just saying this is a 10 win team or that team is a 6 win team is kind of pointless if you don't who you are playing or where you are playing them.

either way---i love the banter gentlemen. need to see a lot of improvement friday. final tuneup for the first team. can't wait for 9/12.

GO. BIRDS.

the point is Jaegs right now you really don't know who is going to be good in week 8-16. so saying you are playing the Chiefs or Raiders (ok maybe you know the raiders will suck) right now doesn't really mean much. the NFL is pretty much 3-4 teams that totally suck bad and 3-4 teams at the very top - the rest are all pretty much the same and in the 7-9 to 9-7 boat. that is why i think looking at the schedule is kind of moot.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    there is a lot of factors at play. but if you have no idea who you are playing outside your division, i don't think you have much credibility throwing win/loss predictions out there. big difference between playing teams against the nfc west or the afc east for example.

just saying this is a 10 win team or that team is a 6 win team is kind of pointless if you don't who you are playing or where you are playing them.

either way---i love the banter gentlemen. need to see a lot of improvement friday. final tuneup for the first team. can't wait for 9/12.

GO. BIRDS.

the point is Jaegs right now you really don't know who is going to be good in week 8-16. so saying you are playing the Chiefs or Raiders (ok maybe you know the raiders will suck) right now doesn't really mean much. the NFL is pretty much 3-4 teams that totally suck bad and 3-4 teams at the very top - the rest are all pretty much the same and in the 7-9 to 9-7 boat. that is why i think looking at the schedule is kind of moot.

i understand what you are saying. i just do not totally agree with it.

part of my reasoning that the birds could possibly get to 10 wins (more likely 9) is my belief that the early part of their schedule is easier than the second half. there's a couple teams with some weak defenses that we should take advantage of--and that will go a long way with a first year starter under center. so they should pick up some wins against teams that i do not think will be all that good and that momentum/confidence can carry them after the bye. you have to analyze the schedule.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

GO. BIRDS.

part of my reasoning that the birds could possibly get to 10 wins (more likely 9) is my belief that the early part of their schedule is easier than the second half. there's a couple teams with some weak defenses that we should take advantage of--and that will go a long way with a first year starter under center. so they should pick up some wins against teams that i do not think will be all that good and that momentum/confidence can carry them after the bye. you have to analyze the schedule.

most likely they will be 4-4 at the turn, then go 6-2 in the 2nd half - historically that is pretty much what Andy Reid's teams have done, regardless of schedule. they start slowly and get better and better. expect it even more this year with a new QB.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

most likely they will be 4-4 at the turn, then go 6-2 in the 2nd half - historically that is pretty much what Andy Reid's teams have done, regardless of schedule. they start slowly and get better and better. expect it even more this year with a new QB.

no matter who is on the team. no matter who is lined up on the schedule--6-2 down the stretch regardless. good analysis my friend! :lol:

you know 5 of their 6 division games are after the bye right?...oh that's right. you don't. only kidding dude.
    www.myspace.com
    and for those who still think you have to run the ball in the NFL...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/bi ... 72169.html
    pjhawks wrote:
    and for those who still think you have to run the ball in the NFL...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/bi ... 72169.html

you're right. some guy named brian solomen writing a blog for nbc 10 has finally solved this age old debate. case closed. thanks.

go back and look at every significant winnning streak under the reid era. what do most of them have in common? a more even pass/run ratio.
    www.myspace.com
    back to significant eagles news....i am pretty stoked to see brandon graham wrestle the starting spot away from parker as of now. he's starting friday. that is a great sign. he will be a beast.

the defense is going to surprise people. faster. more aggressive. i like where we're headed...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    back to significant eagles news....i am pretty stoked to see brandon graham wrestle the starting spot away from parker as of now. he's starting friday. that is a great sign. he will be a beast.

the defense is going to surprise people. faster. more aggressive. i like where we're headed...

You cu*t.

You cu*t.

easy. before you know it bans will happen just for thinking about typing that word.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

if you don't look at the schedule you have no business what so ever predicting anything. utterly ridiculous.

super bowl winning coach + franchise qb + already stout defense = a few more wins. they had one of the most inept coaches in their franchises history last year. they won 8 and 9 games the previous two years before the wheels fell off.

rocket science, this is not. i'll wake you up next month. go back to sleep.

ok, we are gonna have to bet on this. I say 6 wins, you say 8. so we'll set the O/U at 7. you take the over, I got the under. 7 wins and it's a wash

I'll bet whatever you want. the redskins are gonna blow as always

7 would be a good number. but i don't like betting on another team in our own division. borderline fraudulent.

incidentally the birds over under is 8.5....the skins? well, 7.5. shocking, right? :lol:

I hear you...I wouldn't want to root for the skins to win every week either. though it's pretty obvious you're still in love with mcnabb

we'll just have to track this during the year. the skins are nothing to worry about, they're gonna suck
    Wash will be 7-9 at best,they suck Mcnabb is a fraction of himself. There running backs all 20 of them are old and suck. Mcnabb will be lucky to make it thru 10 games. Santana Moss might benefit from 5 and cooley still decent,other then that there O sucks. I'd say 6-10 as for us i still see 8-8 to 10-6,with 9-7 as the most likely record. D-jack will put up 1200-1450yds hes gonna run wild this year if healthy.

watch out for ryan torain. he was a beast at ASU and shanahan had him in denver, but he got banged up and never took off. he's their best RB.

the skins skill players are garbage...as is their offensive line.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ok, we are gonna have to bet on this. I say 6 wins, you say 8. so we'll set the O/U at 7. you take the over, I got the under. 7 wins and it's a wash

7 would be a good number. but i don't like betting on another team in our own division. borderline fraudulent.

incidentally the birds over under is 8.5....the skins? well, 7.5. shocking, right? :lol:

Eagles over (10-6) , Skins under (but barely, 7-9). i also agree with the assertion that looking at an NFL schedule and predicting wins is kind of irrelevant for 2 reasons. number 1 no one has a clue who will be good come week 8 - so many factors can come into play. 2nd reason is i've always believed in the NFL you are what are you regardless of who you play. Teams in the NFL end up where they should as it all evens out over 16 games. it's why I think the Eagles will be around 10-6 - too much talent (if fairly healthy) to be under .500 in my opinion.

1 - the eagles aren't winning 10 games this year

2 - the schedule thing is a waste. who predicted cincinnati would win that division last year? or the saints? Like you said, too many variables.
    pjhawks wrote:

GO. BIRDS.

well put
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear you...I wouldn't want to root for the skins to win every week either. though it's pretty obvious you're still in love with mcnabb

we'll just have to track this during the year. the skins are nothing to worry about, they're gonna suck

i'm a fan of the guy. doesn't matter what team he's on.

skins will be within a game or two of the eagles.
    www.myspace.com

1 - I guess we disagree. I root for the laundry, not the players (especially in the NFL, where scumbags run rampant).

2 - I agree. skins 6-10, birds 8-8
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - I guess we disagree. I root for the laundry, not the players (especially in the NFL, where scumbags run rampant).

1- only team i root for is the birds. you can be a fan of individual players. if utley got traded today you'd still be a fan.

2- glad we agree on something. both teams are gonna struggle but will most likely be within a game or two of each other. birds winning a few less, skins winning a few more.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

1- only team i root for is the birds. you can be a fan of individual players. if utley got traded today you'd still be a fan.

2- glad we agree on something. both teams are gonna struggle but will most likely be within a game or two of each other. birds winning a few less, skins winning a few more.

1 - not if he went to an NL East team

2 - 7 is our O/U...just remember that

jaegs look at the stats listed not where the blog is coming from or the person writing it.

all signs seem to indicate Graham being pretty darn good to possibly even great . if he is a significant upgrade and with Bradley healthy I agree the defense could be a big surprise.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - not if he went to an NL East team

2 - 7 is our O/U...just remember that

1. you're lying. i don't automatically hate players just because they are in our team's division.

2. if we were to make a bet, which we're not, that would be the number.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

jaegs look at the stats listed not where the blog is coming from or the person writing it.

all signs seem to indicate Graham being pretty darn good to possibly even great . if he is a significant upgrade and with Bradley healthy I agree the defense could be a big surprise.

he's gonna be a beast.

stats can be misleading. something more telling that you don't see talked about is that other than the birds and squawks (both losers) there hasn't been a pass happy west coast offense team to make it to a super bowl, let alone win one, since the mid 90's.

i've never been a huge fan of the west coast offense.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

he's gonna be a beast.

stats can be misleading. something more telling that you don't see talked about is that other than the birds and squawks (both losers) there hasn't been a pass happy west coast offense team to make it to a super bowl, let alone win one, since the mid 90's.

pats aren't a true west coast offense, but they throw the ball all over the place. they're practically a run and shoot team
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

he's gonna be a beast.

pats aren't a true west coast offense, but they throw the ball all over the place. they're practically a run and shoot team

they're not west coast at all really but they do throw the ball downfield a whole lot which started in '07 when they lost to the giants (smash mouth running team). their 3 super bowl winning teams had the opposite approach.
    www.myspace.com
    there aren't really true west coast offenses anymore. most teams run a variation of the original.

the giants beat brady because of their d-line. they were in brady's grill all day
    The Fixer wrote:
    there aren't really true west coast offenses anymore. most teams run a variation of the original.

the giants beat brady because of their d-line. they were in brady's grill all day

there are still teams who run them. i dont think many run the birds pass happy version of it anymore though....that should tell you something.

i heard baldinger say he expects mike vick to have an even larger role this year especially in redzone packages. be interesting to see if reid puts in those situations friday during the first 3 quarters...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

there are still teams who run them. i dont think many run the birds pass happy version of it anymore though....that should tell you something.

i heard baldinger say he expects mike vick to have an even larger role this year especially in redzone packages. be interesting to see if reid puts in those situations friday during the first 3 quarters...

vick - ugh. reid isn't showing anything in the preseason. he's too smart for that. he might put vick in for a play or two in the redzone, just to give the packers something else to prep for, but it will be vanilla play calling.

the preseason can't end fast enough. all of the overanalysis of meaningless games is ridiculous
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

vick - ugh. reid isn't showing anything in the preseason. he's too smart for that. he might put vick in for a play or two in the redzone, just to give the packers something else to prep for, but it will be vanilla play calling.

the preseason can't end fast enough. all of the overanalysis of meaningless games is ridiculous

nobdoy shows anything in the preseason dude. doesn't take a genius to figure that out. all about execution, especially for one of the youngest teams in the league, and staying healthy.

gotta get into the endzone friday.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    also regarding training camp and preseason as "meaningless"...that is laughable.

considering the extreme amount of turnover this team has had, the injuries they've endured (especially on o line), and how young we are (especially the rooks on d and a 1st year starter at qb)---this has easily been the most important camp/preseason we've had since '99.

that's why camp lasted an extra week and why andy started hitting early and often. solid move on his part, by the way. if you think this month has meant nothing, i don't know what to tell you. boring, perhaps to some--meaningless, not even close. all about planting the seeds here gentlemen. when you're watching it grow the next few years, just remember it all started this month.

looking forward to seeing b graham in the backfield all game long friday. B. E. A. S. T in the making.....

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    wow that packers offense looks scary...

let's put some points on the board tonight gentlemen---GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    also regarding training camp and preseason as "meaningless"...that is laughable.

considering the extreme amount of turnover this team has had, the injuries they've endured (especially on o line), and how young we are (especially the rooks on d and a 1st year starter at qb)---this has easily been the most important camp/preseason we've had since '99.

that's why camp lasted an extra week and why andy started hitting early and often. solid move on his part, by the way. if you think this month has meant nothing, i don't know what to tell you. boring, perhaps to some--meaningless, not even close. all about planting the seeds here gentlemen. when you're watching it grow the next few years, just remember it all started this month.

looking forward to seeing b graham in the backfield all game long friday. B. E. A. S. T in the making.....

GO BIRDS!

Jaegs - the results are meaningless. nothing that occus tonight other than injuries has any bearing on the season. yes clearly working together to get on the same page is important but if a play doesn't work tonight doesn't mean squat. it's just practice, we talkin about practice, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.
    pjhawks wrote:

GO BIRDS!

Jaegs - the results are meaningless. nothing that occus tonight other than injuries has any bearing on the season. yes clearly working together to get on the same page is important but if a play doesn't work tonight doesn't mean squat. it's just practice, we talkin about practice, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

nobody said anything about the results. i'll assume you are kidding on that dude.

check out my other post. it's all about execution, staying healthy, and planting the seeds. this month is far from meaningless my friend.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.