9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    the Avant catch in the 1st half was one of the best catches i've ever seen an Eagle make. incredible.

nnamdi...what is left to say about this guy. him and drc are so soft. i thought bobby taylor and asante were poor tacklers, at least they tried a little bit. nnamdi is a losing player. never been on a winner. i can see why.

like the poise from foles on the 2 minute drive.

thought it was a bad timeout by schiano. i think you want a rookie qb to have to rush on the last play instead of giving the eagles a timeout to come up with a play.

bucs should be better than a 6-7 team.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Foles has HEART!!!

really impressed by this kid recently. him playing well only increases our chances of landing a top tier coaching candidate. staying cautiously optimistic...but you can't help but be impressed. he's gotten better each week.

gotta also worry about draft position though. they're now 4th but tied with 4 teams with 4 wins.

you'd think the eagles won a playoff game yesterday by all the celebrating going on :lol:

the bucs secondary may actually be worse than the eagles.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    A win is a win is a win. Of course this was the only game I didn't get to see of the last 9 :evil: . Always rooting and wanting the team to win. Anyone doing otherwise is a fraud. Good for the Kid.

One more year for Andy :lol::lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Somebody mentioned this on facebook. Anyone else think Nick Foles looks like John Heder (Napolean Dynamite)? :lol:

20120809_ajw_se7_354_extra_large_medium.jpg
    220px-Jon_Heder_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
    A73tXhKCUAESA0i.png
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    yeah he does look like napolean dynamite. that hippe need s a haircut. :lol:

going up against a legitamately decent defense for the first time tonight. should be a good test for the kid. bengals get to the qb and force turnovers. should be interesting. i guess.
    www.myspace.com
    Vick, 4 turnover free games in his last 30 starts.

Foles, 3 turnover free games in his last 3 starts.

Per Paul Domowich
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Somebody mentioned this on facebook. Anyone else think Nick Foles looks like John Heder (Napolean Dynamite)? :lol:

A73tXhKCUAESA0i.png

of course! gosh!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

A73tXhKCUAESA0i.png

of course! gosh!

one of the least funniest movies ever

and i'm sure i'm gonna get shit for this but after watching some of the 12-12-12 concert last night does anyone else think New Yorkers have a pretty darn high opinion of themselves? how many times can i hear 'we are new Yorkers we can take anything, blah blah blah'. shut up and don't hurt yourselves patting yourselves on the back (and in no way am i trying to dimish the terrible events from the Hurricane).
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    pjhawks wrote:

and i'm sure i'm gonna get shit for this but after watching some of the 12-12-12 concert last night does anyone else think New Yorkers have a pretty darn high opinion of themselves? how many times can i hear 'we are new Yorkers we can take anything, blah blah blah'. shut up and don't hurt yourselves patting yourselves on the back (and in no way am i trying to dimish the terrible events from the Hurricane).

You don't think Philly would be swinging their collective dick if One Liberty Place and the Comcast Tower got rocked and knocked down by planes and this city got back up? You don't think people would use that mentally to get over future disasters?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You don't think Philly would be swinging their collective dick if One Liberty Place and the Comcast Tower got rocked and knocked down by planes and this city got back up? You don't think people would use that mentally to get over future disasters?

i didn't say we wouldn't or any other city wouldn't, but the prevailing attitude, from my perspective, was that new yorkers think they are the ony ones who can overcome such incidents. how many times did we/ and do we hear that 'no one can handle things like new yorkers'...kind of an arrogance to me.
    the thing that annoyed me was that it seemd too much centered on NYC while the Jersey shore was hammered just as bad or worse. no biggie though.

i really enjoyed it except mr west's performance. ed should have been allotted at least a few minutes of his time.
    www.myspace.com
    the thing that annoyed me was that it seemd too much centered on NYC while the Jersey shore was hammered just as bad or worse. no biggie though.

i really enjoyed it except mr west's performance. ed should have been allotted at least a few minutes of his time.

yes kanye sent me to bed early. i know rap takes talent but i find it hard to believe anyone goes to see it live. he was pretty dreadful. i would have like to seen mccartney and billy joel but at that point i wasn't about to stay through kanye and then up until 1:00 am to hear them. and maybe some of the old guys can't sing anymore (ok daltry mostly) but man the music the older groups play is just fantastic. I thought Roger Waters and the Who sounded damn good. I would have preferred to see Ed sing a few more but not all that interested in him solo. thought he was fantasitc on Comfortably Numb though.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Eagles should win tonight since I bet on Cincy.

I think they have screwed me in every game so far this year.
    Jason P wrote:
    The Eagles should win tonight since I bet on Cincy.

I think they have screwed me in every game so far this year.

i'm thinking 26-13 cinci....i think you'll be alright
    www.myspace.com
    So, that happened last night. Bobby April may be the worst of all the coaches. I was originally planning on going next week to send Reid off with some applause but I don't know if I can sit though another game of team that's unprepared, poorly coached and shows a lack of effort. Foles and RGknee would be the only reasons to go.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    So, that happened last night. Bobby April may be the worst of all the coaches. I was originally planning on going next week to send Reid off with some applause but I don't know if I can sit though another game of team that's unprepared, poorly coached and shows a lack of effort. Foles and RGknee would be the only reasons to go.

this is the only reason i am going. to witness an end of an era...which was pretty damn good early on. i'd hope the fans send him off with applause at the end, and i have a feeling we will..contrary to what the rest of the country will probably expect.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

this is the only reason i am going. to witness an end of an era...which was pretty damn good early on. i'd hope the fans send him off with applause at the end, and i have a feeling we will..contrary to what the rest of the country will probably expect.

My wife wants to have people over but I'd really like to go for Andy.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    well can't say this season hasn't had it share of unique moments. 4 turnovers in 5 plays? that's almost impossible to do.

and can we add bryce brown to the bobby hoying and aj feeley i-played-1-or-2-good-games-and-people-thought-i-was-a-star-but-i-really-never-was pantheon?
    pjhawks wrote:
    well can't say this season hasn't had it share of unique moments. 4 turnovers in 5 plays? that's almost impossible to do.

and can we add bryce brown to the bobby hoying and aj feeley i-played-1-or-2-good-games-and-people-thought-i-was-a-star-but-i-really-never-was pantheon?

i think you are too quick to judge. you were calling out foles, and the fans who wanted him in there, after his first game or two also.

bottom line is these are rookies. it's tough to judge either of them with this offensive line in front of them and all the injuries. both have had their moments though.

if brown can hold onto the ball and learns to consistently hit the hole quickly/use his strength, he could be a nice compliment to mccoy. last night it seemed he bounced outside too much when his running lanes collapsed. this will come with experience.

as for those who called him a star... :lol: i think jon gruden called him that too. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

i think you are too quick to judge. you were calling out foles, and the fans who wanted him in there, after his first game or two also.

bottom line is these are rookies. it's tough to judge either of them with this offensive line in front of them and all the injuries. both have had their moments though.

if brown can hold onto the ball and learns to consistently hit the hole quickly/use his strength, he could be a nice compliment to mccoy. last night it seemed he bounced outside too much when his running lanes collapsed. this will come with experience.

as for those who called him a star... :lol: i think jon gruden called him that too. :lol:

complimentary is not a star. lack of playing time and instincts for the game is clear after 4 games, and you don't learn that in the nfl.

i wasn't calling out foles as much as i was calling out the fans who were cannonizing him before he even played a down in the nfl, even a few on here who thought we would be better with him in the lineup over vick. we are not a better team with nick foles at qb AT THIS POINT in time. he has been better the last few weeks but it's also a lot easier to play when their is no pressure to win.

brandom graham is the one that should be talked about. finally healty and getting a shot and he has been real good the last 3 or 4 weeks.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

complimentary is not a star. lack of playing time and instincts for the game is clear after 4 games, and you don't learn that in the nfl.

i wasn't calling out foles as much as i was calling out the fans who were cannonizing him before he even played a down in the nfl, even a few on here who thought we would be better with him in the lineup over vick. we are not a better team with nick foles at qb AT THIS POINT in time. he has been better the last few weeks but it's also a lot easier to play when their is no pressure to win.

brandom graham is the one that should be talked about. finally healty and getting a shot and he has been real good the last 3 or 4 weeks.

By this rationale, you can't judge anyone because the games don't count.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i personally don't know anyone who said bryce brown was going to be a star other than gruden who loves everybody. i've said him and mccoy could be a good combo just because of his size/strength and speed. different change of pace/short yardage big back. the kid was a solid 7th round pick anyway you look at it.

yeah i don't know. all fans, including you, say stupid things every now and then. i can kind of understand it in this case just because of the frustrations a lot of people had with vick as a player and as a person--clouds their judgments i guess. no mater what city you are in though, the back up qb is always a crowd favorite no matter who he is.

gotta be encouraged so far though.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

for the young guys with no history that is pretty much true. you can judge if a guy has no chance to be an NFL player, but don't take much stock in inflated stats in games that mean nothing is all i'm saying. the 1st 4 games next year will be a much bigger gauge for the nick foles' and bryce browns' than anything that happens in the next few weeks. fans get bobby hoying disease after one or two good performances.
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

for the young guys with no history that is pretty much true. you can judge if a guy has no chance to be an NFL player, but don't take much stock in inflated stats in games that mean nothing is all i'm saying. the 1st 4 games next year will be a much bigger gauge for the nick foles' and bryce browns' than anything that happens in the next few weeks. fans get bobby hoying disease after one or two good performances.

someone who wants throw the football 80% of the time shouldn't be casting aspersions on other football fans. :mrgreen:

in all honesty, the eagles have a ton at stake with how nick foles performs in these 7 or 8 games. it wil determine how they go about their offseason. it will also play a role in what coach wants to come here and who they end up hiring. these games right now will play a large part in what direction this organization heads over the next 4 or 5 years.

how he performs next year is important obviously. but to discount any measure of success a rookie has over a half season, especially considering the state of this particular franchise if foolhardy.

just be level headed. don't put the guy in canton like some did with hoying after 3 games. but don't totally discount him too. he seems to have shown improvement each week. so far so good.
    www.myspace.com
  • I guess talking about Eagles' bad coaching is beating a dead horse, but did you hear how they said the Bengals were expecting to force a lot of fumbles because "nobody secures the ball on the Eagles" or something like that?

Tiki Barber was a serial fumbler until, you know, he got coaching to learn to NOT FUMBLE.

That sequence of turnovers was the most embarrassing, sorry turn of events I can remember seeing. Calling this a professional football team is a stretch to say the least.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

someone who wants throw the football 80% of the time shouldn't be casting aspersions on other football fans. :mrgreen:

in all honesty, the eagles have a ton at stake with how nick foles performs in these 7 or 8 games. it wil determine how they go about their offseason. it will also play a role in what coach wants to come here and who they end up hiring. these games right now will play a large part in what direction this organization heads over the next 4 or 5 years.

how he performs next year is important obviously. but to discount any measure of success a rookie has over a half season, especially considering the state of this particular franchise if foolhardy.

just be level headed. don't put the guy in canton like some did with hoying after 3 games. but don't totally discount him too. he seems to have shown improvement each week. so far so good.

some of you guys had bryce brown on his way to canton 3 weeks ago ;)

barring injury there is about a 95% chance foles will be the QB at the start of next year regardless who the coach is. there aren't many alternatives out there and there is very little that can happen in the next 2 games that will change that.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

some of you guys had bryce brown on his way to canton 3 weeks ago ;)

barring injury there is about a 95% chance foles will be the QB at the start of next year regardless who the coach is. there aren't many alternatives out there and there is very little that can happen in the next 2 games that will change that.

who had bryce brown in canton? he's a 7th round pick who set an nfl record for most yards in his first 2 starts. that is a great story anyway you look at it.

there was not a 95% chance foles would be the qb next year a few weeks ago and not even now really. chip kelly probably wouldn't want him running the option. jon gruden may be inclined to trade for a veteran. he could throw 4 picks in the next 2 games and everyone's opinion of him could change. plus there is always the chance they convince vick to take a pay cut and compete with him in training camp--i realize nobody wants to hear that, but it is a possibility. this is a week to week evaluation.

and the fact that you think there is a 95% chance of him being the starter is a testament to his level of performance over the past few weeks. if he's completing 50% of his passes and turning the ball over like crazy, you wouldn't be saying this...which then negates your opinion of not putting any value in his performance this year anyway. :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    and the fact that you think there is a 95% chance of him being the starter is a testament to his level of performance over the past few weeks. if he's completing 50% of his passes and turning the ball over like crazy, you wouldn't be saying this...which then negates your opinion of not putting any value in his performance this year anyway. :? :lol:

i didn't say it was 95% IF I WAS IN CHARGE but who we have in charge now i think it is.

i don't even think gruden would be enamored with any of the veterans that might be available: alex smith, mark sanchez...bleh

and if you think there is even a remote chance that any new coach and lurie allowing it (other than if tony dungy was hired), is bringing back michael vick for this team than you are as high as josh hamilton on one of his binges. there is almost no chance vick is back here. Lurie never wanted Vick in the 1st place, no way he agrees to hire a coach who wants vick back, especially if it's a college coach.
    pjhawks wrote:

i didn't say it was 95% IF I WAS IN CHARGE but who we have in charge now i think it is.

i don't even think gruden would be enamored with any of the veterans that might be available: alex smith, mark sanchez...bleh

and if you think there is even a remote chance that any new coach and lurie allowing it (other than if tony dungy was hired), is bringing back michael vick for this team than you are as high as josh hamilton on one of his binges. there is almost no chance vick is back here. Lurie never wanted Vick in the 1st place, no way he agrees to hire a coach who wants vick back, especially if it's a college coach.

who we have in charge now, will probably be different in a couple weeks. it would be foolish for lurie and roseman to dictate that a 3rd round rookie be forced upon their new head coach. it's not like he's a top 10 pick or something. chip kelly would most likely prefer a more mobile qb. it's definitely a fluid situation.

it is a possibility with a cheap restructured contract. not likely but possible....say foles struggles these next few weeks. or the new coach just may not be too enamored with foles for some reason. may not like any of those vets available. not a good qb class in the draft. may feel like challenging the kid in lehigh would push him more. this has been discussed in various articles i've read. probably a 20% chance of this happening at best though.

but again, foles is probably going to be the guy based on how he's performed in recent weeks. this is why you shouldn't discount any level of success he has had.

i might take a shot on alex smith actually. that is a a guy i can see gruden liking too. especially with mccoy and brown. lil ball control offense. game manager in smith. a guy who has played at a high level the last 2 years.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.