THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Luckily i dozed off before halftime :lol: Judging by the highlights errrr i mean lowlights that was pretty pathetic. Can't hold onto the ball. I can't wait till next year when Reid and Vic are out (knock on wood).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    so this sunday will presumably be andy's last home game as head coach. i'm still planning on going to sort of pay my respects.

what are your favorite andy reid moments? no matter what you think of the guy now, there have definitely been plenty.

pickle juice game is up towards the top for me. duce running all over the cowboys. labor day weekend. a pj show at the sony blockbust entertainment center the night before. just an overall great weekend. got the feeling that the future looked bright at the time...
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    so this sunday will presumably be andy's last home game as head coach. i'm still planning on going to sort of pay my respects.

what are your favorite andy reid moments? no matter what you think of the guy now, there have definitely been plenty.

pickle juice game is up towards the top for me. duce running all over the cowboys. labor day weekend. a pj show at the sony blockbust entertainment center the night before. just an overall great weekend. got the feeling that the future looked bright at the time...

I remember staying up for a Monday night Giants game. They won like 10 in a row v. us and Don had never beaten them. We were down 9-0 at the half and he threw a TD to Charles Johnson, I believe, with under 2 mins to go to win 10-9 and break the streak. Had to be around 2002-2003.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

I remember staying up for a Monday night Giants game. They won like 10 in a row v. us and Don had never beaten them. We were down 9-0 at the half and he threw a TD to Charles Johnson, I believe, with under 2 mins to go to win 10-9 and break the streak. Had to be around 2002-2003.

wasn't that 2001?

charles johnson.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

wasn't that 2001?

charles johnson.... :lol:

Could've been 2001. I'm too lazy to look it up. I know it wasn't Torrance Small.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

cutting nova's Brian Finneran after he dropped a wide open pass to cost the team the game in Andy's 1st game.

the pickle juice game was the onside kick to start the game wasn't it? Andy's 2nd year, the onsides kick signaled a new sheriff in town. loved it.

battling the almost unbeatable Rams in the NFC Championship in year 3. Getting the ball back thinking 'we are going to the Super Bowl'

Westbrook punt return against Giants in Meadowlands. I think it was his 2nd year.

all of 2004.

Chad Lewis TD to seal the NFC Championship game.

Westbrook TD to start 2nd half of super bowl thinking 'we are going to win the Super Bowl'

Jeff Garcia in New Orleans playoff game. seemed like a destiny year...but not.

just a few off the very top of my head.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    When he tried the onside kick thing again against Dallas and they scored 4 seconds into the game.

His incredulous ability to mismanage the clock in a variety of situations

Drafting not one but like 20 WRs under the height of 6 feet tall

Not properly game planning for Ricky Manning Jr. the unstoppable cornerback

Donovan's unrushed 4 minute offense in the Super Bowl.

Kicking TO off the team to the Cowboys.

As much as I hate to admit it ... the first game TO came back (mostly because that signaled the end of Drew Bledsoe) to Philly

The Monday night Philly/Dallas game that resulted in like a 56 point first half and turned on an Eagle fumble

He's a free born man of the U.S.A.
    RW81233 wrote:
    When he tried the onside kick thing again against Dallas and they scored 4 seconds into the game.

As much as I hate to admit it ... the first game TO came back (mostly because that signaled the end of Drew Bledsoe) to Philly

The Monday night Philly/Dallas game that resulted in like a 56 point first half and turned on an Eagle fumble

beat it :lol:

TO's first game back was probably a top 5 tailgate ever for me. 7 years ago :o doesn't seem like it was that long ago
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

TO's first game back was probably a top 5 tailgate ever for me. 7 years ago :o doesn't seem like it was that long ago
    Hank Baskett scored a touchdown in that game...
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Hank Baskett scored a touchdown in that game...

it was like a 90 yarder too if i remember correctly
    www.myspace.com
    is ripping a coach and wanting him fired for about 4 years but now celebrating his legacy fraud fan behavior? seems like to me.
    pjhawks wrote:
    is ripping a coach and wanting him fired for about 4 years but now celebrating his legacy fraud fan behavior? seems like to me.

i think it's more fraudulent to blindly support the people who run your team even while they're making bad decision after bad decision like we've seen the last few years.

but i've always said he was a pretty good coach. he should be celebrated for what he did for the first 6 years or so of his tenure here. i was as big a reid supporter as you could find up till the 2009 season. unfortunately he stayed 3 years too long.

--
    another reid moment: him coming out to greet fans who were waiting in line outside the vet to purchase playoff tickets back in 2000.

that game against the bucs felt like it was 30 below zero. new years eve 2000. hugh douglas with 2 huge sacks :mrgreen: god i miss the vet...
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    nah i think like it's going to the spankbank with an ex...sure it ended ugly, probably never was great, but sometimes the sex was AWESOME
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    nah i think like it's going to the spankbank with an ex...sure it ended ugly, probably never was great, but sometimes the sex was AWESOME
    :lol:

that's actually a decent analogy
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    That's freaking funny.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

this might be the best thing i've ever seen written on this board :D
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited December 2012
    Not sure if this is true or not, but someone told me that gargano (I can't listen to 610...especially when macknow or cataldi is on) reported that reid didn't have final say during the 2010 and 2011 drafts...that it was banner and roseman calling the shots. with banner gone for the 2012 draft, reid was back in the drivers seat.

I think that is plausible...

I am not enamored with any of the names being tossed around as possible replacements (greg roman is the only one who intrigues me). If they hire chip kelly or especially gruden, I will have a tough time supporting this franchise.

I think foles has probably shown enough to go into 2013 as their starter. If that's the case they would have to bring in a vet backup not named vick. alex smith would be perfect, but I'd find it hard to believe that he'd accept a backup role. Flacco looks like he could hit the market as well. Foles actually reminds me of Flacco. but again, flacco isn't coming here to back someone up.

I think the offense will be fine in 2013. They still have a lot of nice weapons...and hopefully the o-line is healthy. And not having a loser under center will definitely help. They just have to rebuild that awful defense...again. nnamdi, drc, allen...cut them all
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    i agree with the fixer.....i'd be all for an alex smith trade too. i'd make it an open competition with him and foles.

but i don't buy the andy reid not having final say on the last few drafts thing. that stinks of something bob lamont would float out there around now. i do think banner and roseman had more of a say (after the way this team drafted, especially defensively, for so long you almost can't blame them for wanting to be more involved). but no way andy would not have final say.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah, who the hell knows

This offseason is going to be fascinating.

Apparently the draft is weak on skill players, but strong in both o and d linemen. That's good for the birds. Not much at the top of the draft in terms of secondary help, which is not so good (especially with a higher pick than usual). Do they go stud tackle (or the guard from bama, who is supposed to be the best OG to come out in over a decade) or d-line? or maybe the new coach will change it up completely and take a guy like te'o.

Most annoying thing about this season has been the skins becoming relevant again. amazing how many of my dbag college friends still have my cell number. can't wait to see shanahan screw this season up
    ha...well the birds can prevent your boy from winning the division on sunday. be a nice send off for andy. but shannahan's playing with house money at this point though.

the other bad thing about this offseason/how to handle the draft is the injuries on the line and whether or not herremans or peters will be the same when they come back (i'm not optimistic--especially with peters). and who knows if kelce, an undersized center, will be productive in a different scheme.
    www.myspace.com
    ha...well the birds can prevent your boy from winning the division on sunday. be a nice send off for andy. but shannahan's playing with house money at this point though.

the other bad thing about this offseason/how to handle the draft is the injuries on the line and whether or not herremans or peters will be the same when they come back (i'm not optimistic--especially with peters). and who knows if kelce, an undersized center, will be productive in a different scheme.

if they draft an OT, they can always move herremans back to OG.

kinda sucks there's not a clear cut CB who's projected to go in the top 10 (like mo claibourne last year). highest rated guy I have seen is milliner from bama and he is more in the 8-15 range. DB is def their biggest need IMO

I really hope they win on sunday
    It's going to be cold on Sunday. I wonder if RG Knee will play?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

This is the kind of game where I miss the vet days. No way they'd put him out there on that turf...esp if it's gonna be cold and wet

the linc blows
    JK_Livin wrote:

are you going?

i'm having to take the wife since nobody else wants to go...good god this franchise has sunk to new lows :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

are you going?

i'm having to take the wife since nobody else wants to go...good god this franchise has sunk to new lows :lol:

Yes, the entire group I normally go with will be there. We're actually having a normal tailgate. I almost sold them but I miss bundling up and freezing my ass off.

A funny story that just popped into my head. During the frigid Falcons championship game, my beers were freezing. During one of our TD's, my wife's phone bounced out of her coat pocket and broke through the ice layer on top of my beer. We didn't notice until a minute or 2 later. Good times.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

are you going?

I got tix to the carolina game online. 7 rows off the field at the goal line on visitors side...$55 a piece

still paid too much
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

are you going?

I got tix to the carolina game online. 7 rows off the field at the goal line on visitors side...$55 a piece

still paid too much

you couldn't have paid me to go to that game. every game i sold i would up with more than face value somehow. however the only one i sold that i was not originally going to was the cowboys game.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

are you going?

Yes, the entire group I normally go with will be there. We're actually having a normal tailgate. I almost sold them but I miss bundling up and freezing my ass off.

A funny story that just popped into my head. During the frigid Falcons championship game, my beers were freezing. During one of our TD's, my wife's phone bounced out of her coat pocket and broke through the ice layer on top of my beer. We didn't notice until a minute or 2 later. Good times.

i remember being piss drunk and diving into the boulders of snow all afternoon that day. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

still paid too much

you couldn't have paid me to go to that game. every game i sold i would up with more than face value somehow. however the only one i sold that i was not originally going to was the cowboys game.

my boss was supposed to be in town...he bailed at the last minute and I was stuck with the tix.

actually went to my first non-prime time game in a long time this year (vs detroit...I think it was the first non-prime time, non-playoff home game I had been to since opening day vs STL a few years back...and the TO vs the NYG a few years before that).

was a reminder of why I don't normally go on sunday afternoons. would much rather be on my couch watching all the games. Prefer the prime time games...which means I won't be going to any games next year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

still paid too much

my boss was supposed to be in town...he bailed at the last minute and I was stuck with the tix.

actually went to my first non-prime time game in a long time this year (vs detroit...I think it was the first non-prime time, non-playoff home game I had been to since opening day vs STL a few years back...and the TO vs the NYG a few years before that).

was a reminder of why I don't normally go on sunday afternoons. would much rather be on my couch watching all the games. Prefer the prime time games...which means I won't be going to any games next year.

i was at that lions game. terrible day.

i don't like the prime time games. don't even like the 4's so much anymore. just get too drunk and hate being hunover at work. would rather go to a 1pm game and be home by 6ish.

i'm getting old :lol:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.