THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2012
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    sparkling candidates on that list :roll:

eagles fan hate andy's negative pass-run ratio and no championships...and the top candidate is a guy in college who runs a spread offense and whose team has choked two years in a row just shy of getting to the title game :fp:

david shaw is interesting due to having NFL assistant experience.

i'd rather have Tom O'Brien than any of those other college coaches.

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous response to that post. Andy Reid is probably better than most of those guys but sometimes change is good.

of course Andy should be fired. not disputing that. just commenting on some of those names. any of those get you excited? love to hear your thoughts than just taking a shot at me.

what are your thoughts? who would you like? i think so far you have only said jon gruden and now, tom obrien apparently....did you mean bill? or are you really referring to nc state's recently fired coach?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Bryce looked good. Boykin fumbles his longest return of the year. Babin and Dunlap still suck. Vick looked like a dwarf next to Newton at the end of the game. Mike Patterson a DT in his second game back from brain surgery is the only guy that could sack Newton? Good for him but what the fuck. Cam Newton is one of the worst QB's I've ever seen. He kind of reminds me of a guy that played for the Falcons before he got in some trouble with dogs.

Did anyone notice a play in which Newton ran for a couple yards and dove head first to the ground with Coleman very close. When Vick does it a defender drives his helmet into his back. When the opposing QB does it, we tap his shoulder. What the fuck?

Our climb to the bottom is working. What team do we have to pass next for a better pick?

we got the jags and chiefs in our sights now...don't think we can do much better than the 3rd pick at this point though.
    www.myspace.com
    i thought my jets were bad,,,,,,dear lord

the jets are just as bad, if not worse. :lol:

you should stick to the national hockey league...if they ever play again.
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    so I am thinking that firing the defensive coordinator a few weeks back didn't really help at all. actually I don't think it would be a stretch to say it has made things worse.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

can't be much worse
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

can't be much worse

you've pretty much hit rock bottom when your "super fan" quits
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

can't be much worse

you've pretty much hit rock bottom when your "super fan" quits

the jets :lol:

i think they have been blown out in 6 games this year. tebow time!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    what are your thoughts? who would you like? i think so far you have only said jon gruden and now, tom obrien apparently....did you mean bill? or are you really referring to nc state's recently fired coach?

oh duh, yes I meant Bill O'Brien. I think he did a great job at Penn State this year and with experience in the NFL I think if he leaves Penn State (and i think he should) he is going to be a real good NFL coach. Was very impressed with him this year as a leader and he even made McGloin look like a decent QB. If he goes to the NFL someone will get a steal there.

As you said earlier it's pretty hard to predict what nfl assistants can do so hard for me to comment on any of those guys. i am not a big fan of hiring a guy with no head coaching experience at any level.

of the college guys that were listed i'm not all that impressed other than maybe Shaw at Stanford and that's because he has NFL assistant experience.

i don't understand why the NFL would be attracted to Chip Kelly at Oregon. Does what he do at Oregon translate into the NFL? I really don't see it. And i also see a guy that is head of a program that is, let's just say, using some advantages, is in an average league, and has coughed up national title aspirations two years in a row. in my opinion there are better coaches available than Chip Kelly. Hell even Saban is a better candidate in my mind although he would probably implode with the media and fans in Philly.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't understand why the NFL would be attracted to Chip Kelly at Oregon. Does what he do at Oregon translate into the NFL? I really don't see it. And i also see a guy that is head of a program that is, let's just say, using some advantages, is in an average league, and has coughed up national title aspirations two years in a row. in my opinion there are better coaches available than Chip Kelly. Hell even Saban is a better candidate in my mind although he would probably implode with the media and fans in Philly.

I don't necessarily agree, but they say he does a lot with less than 5-Star talent like the talent that routinely goes to alabama, usc, etc. oregon doesn't send a lot of guys to the NFL, but lately they are always in the BCS mix....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks wrote:

oh duh, yes I meant Bill O'Brien. I think he did a great job at Penn State this year and with experience in the NFL I think if he leaves Penn State (and i think he should) he is going to be a real good NFL coach. Was very impressed with him this year as a leader and he even made McGloin look like a decent QB. If he goes to the NFL someone will get a steal there.

As you said earlier it's pretty hard to predict what nfl assistants can do so hard for me to comment on any of those guys. i am not a big fan of hiring a guy with no head coaching experience at any level.

of the college guys that were listed i'm not all that impressed other than maybe Shaw at Stanford and that's because he has NFL assistant experience.

but you did comment on those guys though. you dismissed pretty much the entire list just because you don't know who they are. :lol: like i said, the league is full of success stories of ilttle known assistants with no head coaching experience. andy reid is one of them. both of lurie's hires have been of this variety so you might want to research them a little bit.

i'm not exactly sold on chip kelly either. not sure a college coach is the way to go. saban failed miserably alredy in the nfl. but i am keeping an open mind to every candidate.
    www.myspace.com

but you did comment on those guys though. you dismissed pretty much the entire list just because you don't know who they are. :lol: like i said, the league is full of success stories of ilttle known assistants with no head coaching experience. andy reid is one of them. both of lurie's hires have been of this variety so you might want to research them a little bit.

i'm not exactly sold on chip kelly either. not sure a college coach is the way to go. saban failed miserably alredy in the nfl. but i am keeping an open mind to every candidate.

please god don't tell me you don't consider ray rhodes a successful hire as a little known assistant. he was under .500 as a coach. for a guy who has ripped andy reid unmercifully and even called him an idiot today how the f can you consider ray rhodes a successful hire? you are fn all over the place man.
  • I haven't kept up with this thread - couple things...

Has anyone wondered where Namdi ranks amongst the worst Philly free agent signings?

Is the national media gonna give up telling us what a great coach Andy Reid is and how we are all ungrateful idiots? It's the McNabb ending all over again.

I don't know much about Chip Kelly or Oregon, but when I watch them they always seem to be doing things their own way and keeping the other team way off balance. So what if they can't get past some cheating SEC team in the last game. Everyone plays by the same rules in the NFL. Hopefully he wouldn't have us wearing crazy uniforms that change every game. Otherwise that pick wouldn't bother me at all.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

please god don't tell me you don't consider ray rhodes a successful hire as a little known assistant. he was under .500 as a coach. for a guy who has ripped andy reid unmercifully and even called him an idiot today how the f can you consider ray rhodes a successful hire? you are fn all over the place man.

nope. you're not paying attention. i just said lurie's only 2 hire's were relatively unknown assistants so you might want to educate yourself on all the available candidtes and not dismiss them because you don't know who they are.

the league is filled with those kinds of hires having success. andy reid is a perfect example.

and it is idiotic to wait until your star running back is out with an injury to run the ball more.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2012
    pjhawks wrote:

nope. you're not paying attention. i just said lurie's only 2 hire's were relatively unknown assistants so you might want to educate yourself on all the available candidtes and not dismiss them because you don't know who they are.

the league is filled with those kinds of hires having success. andy reid is a perfect example.

and it is idiotic to wait until your star running back is out with an injury to run the ball more.

the percentage of assisants who fail is much higher than those who succeed. for every andy reid there are 5 like steve spagnuolo, todd haley, ron rivera, brad childress, and every coach the raiders have trotted out for the past 8 years. hell even your hero bellicheck failed miserably in his 1st attempt.

wait i thought andy wasn't successful because he hasn't won a champhionship and has been mediocre for 8 years? now you consider mediocrity successful? again you all over the place.

can you also explain to me how running the ball sucessfully last night helped the passing game? that has been your argument for years...that running the ball would somehow help the passing game.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Has anyone wondered where Namdi ranks amongst the worst Philly free agent signings?

off the top of my head my picks would be:

worst - lance parrish
    2nd worst - nnamdi
    3rd - chris gratton

was bryz a free agent signing? if so he will make the list someday if the NHL ever comes back. love reading how he his 3rd string for his team in russia these days.
  • pjhawks wrote:

off the top of my head my picks would be:

worst - lance parrish
    2nd worst - nnamdi
    3rd - chris gratton

was bryz a free agent signing? if so he will make the list someday if the NHL ever comes back. love reading how he his 3rd string for his team in russia these days.

Let's not forget Danny Tartabull.

I think officially we traded for Gratton???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the percentage of assisants who fail is much higher than those who succeed. for every andy reid there are 5 like steve spagnuolo, todd haley, ron rivera, brad childress, and every coach the raiders have trotted out for the past 8 years. hell even your hero bellicheck failed miserably in his 1st attempt.

wait i thought andy wasn't successful because he hasn't won a champhionship and has been mediocre for 8 years? now you consider mediocrity successful? again you all over the place.

can you also explain to me how running the ball sucessfully last night helped the passing game? that has been your argument for years...that running the ball would somehow help the passing game.

i don't even know what you're talking about now. you can say the same thing about coaches with experience and coaches out of college...are you under the assumption that there is one magic formula for hiring a coach or something? :? again--you're only dismissing that list becuase you don't know who they are (which isn't surprising given how little you know about the sport in general).

andy reid had a very succesful run for the first half of his tenure. the 2nd half has been mediocre. he stayed too long. i've been saying this for years now. at this point it's pretty much common knowledge. what is different today? you are not making sense again.

did you notice how the game was close last night instead of the eagles getting crushed like the previous 4 games while passing way too much? it's not surprising that foles played better (still not good obviously) than his previous 2 outings. just idiotic that andy reid waited until after his star running back gets injured to run more.
    www.myspace.com
    JASON BABIN....CUT

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/

:thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    JASON BABIN....CUT

:lol:

you guys are going into full on melt down mode.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JASON BABIN....CUT

a few articles below that one: Desean Jackson out for the year.

wow, maybe I culd go down there and try out
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    JASON BABIN....CUT

a few articles below that one: Desean Jackson out for the year.

wow, maybe I culd go down there and try out

yeah i saw that. they should just keep mccoy and vick out all year too...

happy to see babin get cut. never liked him.
    www.myspace.com
    JASON BABIN....CUT

one trick pony who about 1.5 good years. seemed like kind of a dick to. never was a fan of his.
  • You know, I'm pretty sure I slept through the whole 4th quarter, even though the game had huge implications for my FFL team. This is one of the worst Phila sports teams I can remember.

• CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I wish they'd cut Desean too. He's not done a thing since the infamous punt return against the Giants.
    fire them all :fp: :lol:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:
    JASON BABIN....CUT

:lol:

you guys are going into full on melt down mode.
    This is awesome.

:corn:
    #FHP
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    fire them all :fp: :lol:

just start from scratch
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'm not sure it can get any worse in Philly. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it did!
    beat it, wide nine:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... _door.html

We gather here to pay our last respects to the worst idea in Philadelphia sports history since Gene Mauch pitched Jim Bunning and Chris Short on two days' rest.

The wide nine, in theory and even occasionally in execution, can be an effective way to stop an NFL offense. But Andy Reid's decision to base his entire defense on Jim Washburn's defensive line scheme and then expect an unqualified coordinator to run it with the wrong personnel was a failure of epic proportions.

There are many reasons the Eagles are 3-8 and Reid is a five-game slog from being fired. But the team's unraveling over the last two seasons can be traced back to his decision to hire Washburn away from the Titans and then prop up offensive line coach Juan Castillo as the coordinator responsible for making the dang thing look like an NFL defense.
    www.myspace.com
    any body else from teh dream team signings cut today?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.