THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    eagles 20 cowboys 17 - take it to the bank
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    pjhawks wrote:
    I can actually see the Eagles getting the upset today.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    pjhawks wrote:
    I can actually see the Eagles getting the upset today.
    :lol:
    #FHP
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    spoiler alert...it's not going to be an upset...philly is better than dallas
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RW81233 wrote:

the cowboys stink. eagles stink too though. that line was way too high.

i said this last week and i will say it again: for the life of me i just can't understand why the eagles waited until their star running back was out with an injury and their season was over to finally have some balance in their offense.

it's helping a rookie qb ease his way into things and it would have helped a struggling veteran earlier in the season/not to mention make things easier on the banged up line. :roll:

brown and mccoy could be a lethal combo for years to come...

also nice to see brandon graham make some plays.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233 wrote:
    To say Philly's better then anyone is crazy.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Brown guy is a fumble machine.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    yeah, so theres this one kind of HUGE issue with bryce brown :lol:

hold onto the ball young buck!!! :x
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    yeah, so theres this one kind of HUGE issue with bryce brown :lol:

hold onto the ball young buck!!! :x

:lol: yeah he has that fumbleitus disease! hopefully he gets cured next season :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RW81233 wrote:

Cowboys fans just like to talk up the other team. If they lose then they can say "I told you so". And if they win talking up the opponent adds weight to the victory. I've had to correct 3 people today who were talking about how "tough" the Eagles are. You mean the 3-8 Eagles with the backup/rookie QB who have lost 7 (8 after tonight) straight?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    tiki barber will show him how to hold the ball and the path to white women
    RW81233 wrote:

Cowboys fans just like to talk up the other team. If they lose then they can say "I told you so". And if they win talking up the opponent adds weight to the victory. I've had to correct 3 people today who were talking about how "tough" the Eagles are. You mean the 3-8 Eagles with the backup/rookie QB who have lost 7 (8 after tonight) straight?

nah. rw, while still a fraud, knows his shit. :lol:

those were two bad football teams on the field tonight...end result, the home team winning a one score game. not surprising.

poop.
    www.myspace.com

those were two bad football teams on the field tonight...end result, the home team winning a one score game. not surprising.

poop.

I know, I just like giving Cowboy fans shit.

I only watched bits and pieces of the game tonight, didn't want to waste much time on two dog teams. But every time I flipped over the camera was on Romo's wife for some reason.

poop.

I only watched bits and pieces of the game tonight, didn't want to waste much time on two dog teams. But every time I flipped over the camera was on Romo's wife for some reason.

i can wager a guess...

yeah it's tough being a fan of a bad team...especially when they're on tv opposite boardwalk empire's season finale. killing me having to wait a day or 2 to see that. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060

poop.

Still trying to figure out why Romo's wife got so much air time. The only thing I can think of is that she has a new NBC show launching soon. I know she doesn't but there isn't any other possible explanation.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    Hartydog wrote:
    Still trying to figure out why Romo's wife got so much air time. The only thing I can think of is that she has a new NBC show launching soon. I know she doesn't but there isn't any other possible explanation.

I think it's just a cliche in sports these days. Whenever the player is about to pass a milestone, have a camera planted on either his parents or his wife. Romo passed Aikman in TD passes tonight, so I'm sure that's why they were filming her constantly.
    candice-crawford-bikini-picture_display_image.jpg?1319723712
    www.myspace.com
    longest losing streak since 1968.

never envisioned andy going out like this...
    www.myspace.com
    i'm a very proud fraud (not my team but just being one), and the cowboys are a sack of shit wrapped in puke - however the eagles are worse than i thought. cowboys should have smoked this team. i wonder if Foles arm is broken off? it's always funny to me when these announcers talk about player safety and playing through injury then seem shocked when a play after Foles got crushed on his arm they wonder why he handed it off.
  • Interesting game tonight. Glad to see the Cowboys win, since the Eagles are done already anyway. Should be a great race between Dallas, Washington and the New York Giants.

Not sure why Vick would start next week with the way Foles played tonight.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    jim washburn fired. i wonder who they will fire next week? :think:

good article on fole's improved play last night. gotta like what you saw of the kid:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/12 ... ows-signs/
    www.myspace.com
    jim washburn fired. i wonder who they will fire next week? :think:

good article on fole's improved play last night. gotta like what you saw of the kid:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/12 ... ows-signs/

andy to dallas?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... d%3D240607

that would be dandy.

allen and coleman are the funniest duo since abbott and costello. same initials...coincidence?

todd bowles up and coming coach....yea not so much

4 non-offensive touchdowns in 2 games for the cowboys against the birds this year. hard to do

i've never seen a defense that doesn't come close to getting a turnover like this eagles team. it's mind boggling.

reason 900,000 not to bet on nfl games. last spread i saw was dallas 10.5. dallas by 11 until one of the worst return teams in the nfl returns a kick 99 yards for a touchdown and the cover. love it.

eagles still passed the ball 57% of the time last night. don't be fooled by media perception vs. what is reality
    reason number 999,001 why you should actually watch the game instead of looking at a box score.

the eagles ran the ball 50% of the game leading up to the final 2 drives when they were forced to pass more.

loved the game plan tonight. and was encouraged by foles' play.
    www.myspace.com
    edited December 2012
    reason number 999,001 why you should actually watch the game instead of looking at a box score.

the eagles ran the ball 50% of the game leading up to the final 2 drives when they were forced to pass more.

hey if you are going to use 'they are 19-1 when mccoy runs the ball 20 times' overlooking the fact that a good portion of those runs come at the end of the game protecting the lead you can't complain now about me using the final stats. you are using the final stats in those cases (see cause and affect argument a few weeks ago) for your argument but not in this case. you can't have it both ways juggler.

edit: sorry i just find it amazing how obsessed the media is with andy's run-pass ratio. front page of the Inquirer sports talks about it again. shouldn't they be more focused on the fact that for the 1st time in franchise history the defense has given up 28 or more points in 7 (or 8, sorry it was late when i heard the stat) straight games. historically bad defense here.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks wrote:

hey if you are going to use 'they are 19-1 when mccoy runs the ball 20 times' overlooking the fact that a good portion of those runs come at the end of the game protecting the lead you can't complain now about me using the final stats. you are using the final stats in those cases (see cause and affect argument a few weeks ago) for your argument but not in this case. you can't have it both ways juggler.

you never make sense. in each of the games mccoy has rushed for over 20 times this year, the eagles won by a total of 3 points...meaning no, a good portion did not only come at the end. they ran consistently throughout...like the did last night and last week. go back and check the box scores since that is all you do.

running the ball at a 50% clip has clearly kept them in these past 2 games too, despite being way out manned. throwing it a crazy amount got them blown out of games for a solid 4-5 week stretch.

either way, they finished 57% passing despite all the passing at the end. 34 passes/26 runs. i'll take that. that will always give this team the best chance to win...just criminal he rarely does that with his star running back.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

you never make sense. in each of the games mccoy has rushed for over 20 times this year, the eagles won by a total of 3 points...meaning no, a good portion did not only come at the end. they ran consistently throughout...like the did last night and last week. go back and check the box scores since that is all you do.

running the ball at a 50% clip has clearly kept them in these past 2 games too, despite being way out manned. throwing it a crazy amount got them blown out of games for a solid 4-5 week stretch.

either way, they finished 57% passing despite all the passing at the end. 34 passes/26 runs. i'll take that. that will always give this team the best chance to win...just criminal he rarely does that with his star running back.

one could make the argument the 3 fumbles have cost the team the 2 wins as well. disasterous plays.
    yeah those 3 fumbles were awful. but it's a byproduct of this guy running more than he has since high school. bryce brown is a great fucking story.

domo had a good article about how a brown/mccoy backfield could make the transition to a new regime a little easier next year for a coach who will play to his team strength's.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah those 3 fumbles were awful. but it's a byproduct of this guy running more than he has since high school. bryce brown is a great fucking story.

domo had a good article about how a brown/mccoy backfield could make the transition to a new regime a little easier next year for a coach who will play to his team strength's.

i don't find a guy who has quit on 3 teams a great story. it's nice the eagles found him from a pile of trash but 2 games does not make an nfl career. like a cheater is always a cheater a quitter is always a quitter. we will see what kind of sunstainability this guy has.
    edited December 2012
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't find a guy who has quit on 3 teams a great story. it's nice the eagles found him from a pile of trash but 2 games does not make an nfl career. like a cheater is always a cheater a quitter is always a quitter. we will see what kind of sunstainability this guy has.

i always will give andy credit where credit is due. helluva find in the 7th round here. low risk, very high reward.

rarely do 7th rounders contribute much more than some tackles on special teams, if they even make the team. this kid came a few yards from breaking a franchise record.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.