THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    one of my job perks is being able to make my own schedule. needless to say, I don't have anything on my calendar for those monday/tuesday/fridays following a game I attend

haven't been here in a while, but have you guys mentioned the solar panel jungle that sprouted in the linc lots across from mcfaddens. what. the. fuck?? terrible

like I have been saying, I think their goal is to eventually eliminate tailgating down there. This looks to be their next phase
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    one of my job perks is being able to make my own schedule. needless to say, I don't have anything on my calendar for those monday/tuesday/fridays following a game I attend

haven't been here in a while, but have you guys mentioned the solar panel jungle that sprouted in the linc lots across from mcfaddens. what. the. fuck?? terrible

like I have been saying, I think their goal is to eventually eliminate tailgating down there. This looks to be their next phase

monday is my busiest day of the week so...

yeah i have seen that. i can't see them expanding that to the regular lots though. that's just a vip lot i think.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah i have seen that. i can't see them expanding that to the regular lots though. that's just a vip lot i think.

I don't think so. pretty sure it's the K lot. A lot of my friends used to use that space for phils tailgates.

walked over to xfinity during the 4th qtr of the carolina game (they stopped serving beer 5 mins into the 3rd qtr, which was weak as hell). felt like I was walking through a parking garage when we hit the solar panels.

xfinity live is a great option...most days I'd prefer that to tailgating. wrong if the city is going to start telling us where we can and cannot drink though.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think so. pretty sure it's the K lot. A lot of my friends used to use that space for phils tailgates.

walked over to xfinity during the 4th qtr of the carolina game (they stopped serving beer 5 mins into the 3rd qtr, which was weak as hell). felt like I was walking through a parking garage when we hit the solar panels.

xfinity live is a great option...most days I'd prefer that to tailgating. wrong if the city is going to start telling us where we can and cannot drink though.

i like xfinity but sometimes theres just too much riff raff there for me.

i don't think you have to worry about tailgating going away anytime soon though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Xfinity has definitely gotten worse since it opened.

If tailgating wasn't banned after dude was beaten to death, it won't be unless there is a string of shit like that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

If tailgating wasn't banned after dude was beaten to death, it won't be unless there is a string of shit like that.

i wish they would have been able to keep the original plan. i know why they scaled it back. but it feels really small to me when there is a shit load of people there. that's not my kind of scene...
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that carolina game was the first time I had been there since phils games over the summer. There was a cover to get in, which I thought was pretty hilarious.

I don't think it will be a formal announcement banning tailgating in the immediate future. Just saying that from my perspective they are setting things up to ban tailgating down the road (already have banned it in certain lots for phils games, solar panels could be viewed as a deterrent -- who the fuck wants to tailgate under a bunch of solar panels -- same as tailgating in someone's garage, xfinity live/mcfaddens are viable options)

as for xfinity...wasn't the opening supposed to be the first of a few phases with that place? anyone heard anything about them adding bars/restaurants?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I still haven't been to XL yet. Now it sounds like I shouldn't.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I still haven't been to XL yet. Now it sounds like I shouldn't.

I love that place
    they're charging people $25 to park--i think there's too much revenue there to phase out tailgating

hopefully they expand xfinity when/if the economy really turns around
    www.myspace.com
    they're charging people $25 to park--i think there's too much revenue there to phase out tailgating

I don't see the correlation between parking and tailgating. still have to get to the game somehow

25 bucks isn't bad compared to other places. foxboro is $50+, then you get to walk a mile to the stadium. that is by far the worst stadium layout I have seen. like putting a stadium in king of prussia
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't see the correlation between parking and tailgating. still have to get to the game somehow

25 bucks isn't bad compared to other places. foxboro is $50+, then you get to walk a mile to the stadium. that is by far the worst stadium layout I have seen. like putting a stadium in king of prussia

i just think that as long as there are parking lots, people will still tailgate. technically you can't tailgate in the phils lots but people do it all the time. i'm not too concerned about this.

i remember paying $50 a pnc park for pj/stones back in the day and it blew my mind. so $25 is good in comparison, but they are all still way overpriced.
    www.myspace.com
    why play mccoy? i don't get it. just let brown get as many carries/experience as possible.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    why play mccoy? i don't get it. just let brown get as many carries/experience as possible.

Why play any starter then? If he's healthy, let him play. You don't want to tell one of the few players that gives his all that he can't play.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Why play any starter then? If he's healthy, let him play. You don't want to tell one of the few players that gives his all that he can't play.

i guess.

if you have a concussion though, isn't it easier to get a 2nd one if you play too soon? would be unfortunate for him to get a 2nd one in a game that doesn't matter.
    www.myspace.com
    off to wish andy reid a great festivus...and a lovely rest of his career.

GO BIRDS!!
    www.myspace.com
    LET'S GO EAGLES
    laconfora reporting that chip kelly is at the top of the eagles coaching candidate list. That would be an absolutely horrible move

Really hope Lurie says fuck it and lets reid play out his contract

I also hope they break griffins leg today
  • The Fixer wrote:
    laconfora reporting that chip kelly is at the top of the eagles coaching candidate list. That would be an absolutely horrible move

The only thing worse then Chip Kelly would be keeping Reid.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Fucking Eagles
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    God damn you
    The Fixer wrote:

The only thing worse then Chip Kelly would be keeping Reid.

you think chip kelly would do a better job than reid? why?

cannot wait to hear this explanation
  • There both horrible choices. I'd rather have Arrians,Gruden or O'Brien anyday. It was JJ's def not Reid why we were successful.
    Go Birds!!!!
    There both horrible choices. I'd rather have Arrians,Gruden or O'Brien anyday. It was JJ's def not Reid why we were successful.

letting the guy whose led this team back into irrelevancy these last few years come back as a lame duck coach is easily the worst of these suggestions. if you want reid back, you want to give him a 3 or 4 year extension (don't see how anyone can justify that).

arrians is an intriguing option. sal pal has been touting him for the last few weeks.

i think our goal should be to knock the giants out of the playoffs at this point. i'd much prefer the skins over the giants and cowboys getting in. so yesterday was step 1. :thumbup:

......actually had a fun time down there yesterday. unfortunately, it was a fitting ending, failing to score in the redzone, in reid's last home game.
    www.myspace.com
    There both horrible choices. I'd rather have Arrians,Gruden or O'Brien anyday. It was JJ's def not Reid why we were successful.

Arians sucked in pittsburgh. no thanks
    grudens best draft picks during his oak/tb tenures were a kicker and punter (other than woodson who was a top 5 pick). plus he's a super tool. no thanks
    o'brien has already said he's staying at psu.

so yeah, clueless as usual

letting the guy whose led this team back into irrelevancy these last few years come back as a lame duck coach is easily the worst of these suggestions. if you want reid back, you want to give him a 3 or 4 year extension (don't see how anyone can justify that).

arrians is an intriguing option. sal pal has been touting him for the last few weeks.

i think our goal should be to knock the giants out of the playoffs at this point. i'd much prefer the skins over the giants and cowboys getting in. so yesterday was step 1. :thumbup:

......actually had a fun time down there yesterday. unfortunately, it was a fitting ending, failing to score in the redzone, in reid's last home game.

reid has one year left. If they don't bring in a guy like roman or mcdaniels, then I don't understand the philosophy of making a move just to make a move. let reid finish out his contract...see what happens with a healthy o-line and another year with foles as the starter. Force him to hire a real DC...someone like jack del rio. I think this is a much better option than hiring an inevitable failure like chip kelly or jon gruden
  • The Fixer wrote:

Arians sucked in pittsburgh. no thanks
    grudens best draft picks during his oak/tb tenures were a kicker and punter (other than woodson who was a top 5 pick). plus he's a super tool. no thanks
    o'brien has already said he's staying at psu.

so yeah, clueless as usual
    Classless even during the holidays. Way to stay consistent guy. Brining back a coach who the team and fans have given up on is a clueless comment.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited December 2012
    Post deleted by Admin. Personal attacks. Rude Post. See the Posting Guidelines
  • How did Belichick do in Clev? Pretty sure the Clev fans would have told ya that the dude would never be a successful NFL coach. Sometimes change is the best thing,especially after 14yrs.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Once again Zach Duke really? Love how you forget that i said he'd be a nice #4 at the time. Kinda funny how you avoid CERTAIN details. And should PJhawks remind us all again who you thought our 1st basemen should have been?
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.