THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    How did Belichick do in Clev? Pretty sure the Clev fans would have told ya that the dude would never be a successful NFL coach. Sometimes change is the best thing,especially after 14yrs.

he was pretty successful with the nyg.

amazing what happens when you have one of the best qbs ever.

yeah, let's make a change just to make a change. even if it means the team will be worse. BRILLIANT!!
  • The Fixer wrote:
    How did Belichick do in Clev? Pretty sure the Clev fans would have told ya that the dude would never be a successful NFL coach. Sometimes change is the best thing,especially after 14yrs.

yeah, let's make a change just to make a change. even if it means the team will be worse. BRILLIANT!!
    Can a team 4-12 team REALLY be much worse the following year? It blows my mind how you want Manual gone so bad(which I agree with) yet think Reid should stay AFTER 14 YRS.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 12-19 soon to be 12-20 after 2yrs is bad. And it's not like he's a new coach trying to turn around a team. IT'S YEAR 14!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Can a team 4-12 team REALLY be much worse the following year? It blows my mind how you want Manual gone so bad(which I agree with) yet think Reid should stay AFTER 14 YRS.

You have to have realistic expectations dude. A new coach may win 5 games next year. Is that progress to you?

Why replace reid with a guy like kelly or gruden? just answer that question. because that's what the fans want? when answering keep in mind that eagles fans are the dumbest people on the planet

diff between reid and manuel is vast. eagles have been successful because of reid...phillies have won in spite of manuel
    12-19 soon to be 12-20 after 2yrs is bad. And it's not like he's a new coach trying to turn around a team. IT'S YEAR 14!!!!

3 things responsible for the eagles downfall...

1 - vick
    2 - failure to replace JJ with a legit DC (came close with spagnolo)
    3 - nnamdi signing

YOu can certainly blame all 3 on reid. Maybe he should be fired for all of those things (though it's impossible to find anyone who didn't like the nnamdi signing...reid will still be called out for that). I just think the guy brings enough to the organization to be allowed to hit the reset button for the final year of his contract. Give him another year to groom foles (one of his strengths)...behind a healthy o-line. force him to bring in a real DC (prior to the draft so that they can actually draft with a system in mind for a change). If they suck next year then his contract is up anyway and he's gone.

I think the fans will get what they want. I just hope they are ready for howie roseman to have final say. Is that what people really want? I sure don't.
  • Eagles were successful because of JJ then Reid imo. If Reid had put 5 in an offense he was comfortable in maybe things would have turned out better. Once JJ left and Andy had know one to cover up his bad faults this team went downhill.

As I've said twice already I don't like Kelly at all. His conference plays less def then the eagles do. Not a huge Gruden fan but he'd bring discipline here. I've stated many times Winston Moss from Gb deserves a shot. Arians,Gruden,Cowher,Moss,SF guys would all be better a fit moving forward. Reid needs a fresh start away from a place were his kid died. These past 2yrs have been hell and for once the fan base is correct Reid must go!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Foles has a broken hand,Vick will start against the Giants.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    12-19 soon to be 12-20 after 2yrs is bad. And it's not like he's a new coach trying to turn around a team. IT'S YEAR 14!!!!

1 - vick
    3 - nnamdi signing

YOu can certainly blame all 3 on reid. Maybe he should be fired for all of those things (though it's impossible to find anyone who didn't like the nnamdi signing...reid will still be called out for that). I just think the guy brings enough to the organization to be allowed to hit the reset button for the final year of his contract. Give him another year to groom foles (one of his strengths)...behind a healthy o-line. force him to bring in a real DC (prior to the draft so that they can actually draft with a system in mind for a change). If they suck next year then his contract is up anyway and he's gone.

I think the fans will get what they want. I just hope they are ready for howie roseman to have final say. Is that what people really want? I sure don't.

you admit he is responsible for the eagles downfall (by the way, there are way more reasons, which he is also responsible for too), yet want to bring him back to be a lame duck coach...for year number 15 :? that's the zach duke comment on steroids man.

3 playoff wins in the last 8 years. that's pretty much the bottom line at this point. it's just not that good.

and no, i don't know anyone who wants reid gone that also wants roseman having final say. why do you think you have to one or the other? both should be gone. but it appears lurie is keeping roseman. i think that is just as big a mistake as keeping reid around longer than he should have.

i can't believe you're still arguing this. even pjhawks agrees it's time to move on.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, not that the game really mattered, but how about reid and morningwheg leaving evan moore on the field with the game on the line yesterday? and then making him foles' first option on the 2nd to last play of the game? :lol: no surprise he dropped that ball at the goal line.

evan fucking moore. :roll: brilliant!
    www.myspace.com
    also, not sure why it was brought up, but belicheck did pretty well in cleveland. that team was awful when he got there and improved every year. 3rd year they won a playoff game. 4th year, they were 3-1 and then modell announced the team was moving to baltimore and the wheels fell off for obvious reasons.
    www.myspace.com
  • also, not sure why it was brought up, but belicheck did pretty well in cleveland. that team was awful when he got there and improved every year. 3rd year they won a playoff game. 4th year, they were 3-1 and then modell announced the team was moving to baltimore and the wheels fell off for obvious reasons.
    He was 36-44. I brought him up because of the fixer bashing Arians.
    Go Birds!!!!
    also, not sure why it was brought up, but belicheck did pretty well in cleveland. that team was awful when he got there and improved every year. 3rd year they won a playoff game. 4th year, they were 3-1 and then modell announced the team was moving to baltimore and the wheels fell off for obvious reasons.

arians might win coach of the year.

i know the record. but they did improve each year till they announced the move. took longer to build teams in the early 90's.
    www.myspace.com
    Eagles were successful because of JJ then Reid imo. If Reid had put 5 in an offense he was comfortable in maybe things would have turned out better. Once JJ left and Andy had know one to cover up his bad faults this team went downhill.

As I've said twice already I don't like Kelly at all. His conference plays less def then the eagles do. Not a huge Gruden fan but he'd bring discipline here. I've stated many times Winston Moss from Gb deserves a shot. Arians,Gruden,Cowher,Moss,SF guys would all be better a fit moving forward. Reid needs a fresh start away from a place were his kid died. These past 2yrs have been hell and for once the fan base is correct Reid must go!

yeah, reid drafted mcnabb and westbrook...he was horrible. JJ deserves all the credit

look at grudens drafts. like I said, other than woodson who was a top 5 pick, his best draft picks were a kicker and a punter. dude is a steaming turd. but he makes funny faces and has a lot to say so he's perfect for the dipshit eagle fans
    Foles has a broken hand,Vick will start against the Giants.

best thing that can happen is jpp hits him so hard that he tears every ligament and breaks every bone in his leg...ending his career.

now THAT would be awesome

on the bright side, at least they are guaranteed a loss, and top 5 pick
    The Fixer wrote:
    Eagles were successful because of JJ then Reid imo. If Reid had put 5 in an offense he was comfortable in maybe things would have turned out better. Once JJ left and Andy had know one to cover up his bad faults this team went downhill.

yeah, reid drafted mcnabb and westbrook...he was horrible. JJ deserves all the credit

look at grudens drafts. like I said, other than woodson who was a top 5 pick, his best draft picks were a kicker and a punter. dude is a steaming turd. but he makes funny faces and has a lot to say so he's perfect for the dipshit eagle fans

if they bring in gruden, i'd want a gm who knows what he is doing.

and reid drafted horribly on the defensive side of the football for an entire decade. plus his first round pick from last year didn't even dress yesterday....for like the 10th time this year.

it's worth noting that tom modrak was director of player personnel when mcnabb and westbrook were drafted.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - vick
    3 - nnamdi signing

you admit he is responsible for the eagles downfall (by the way, there are way more reasons, which he is also responsible for too), yet want to bring him back to be a lame duck coach...for year number 15 :? that's the zach duke comment on steroids man.

3 playoff wins in the last 8 years. that's pretty much the bottom line at this point. it's just not that good.

and no, i don't know anyone who wants reid gone that also wants roseman having final say. why do you think you have to one or the other? both should be gone. but it appears lurie is keeping roseman. i think that is just as big a mistake as keeping reid around longer than he should have.

i can't believe you're still arguing this. even pjhawks agrees it's time to move on.

To me I guess it all depends on who they plan to replace him with. If it's cowher, gruden, or kelly then it's a colossal mistake.

Arguing whether he should stay or go is pretty much pointless at this point. He's gone. And Roseman is gonna be the guy who calls the shots, which has amaroesque tenure written all over it...esp if he brings in one of the aforementioned guys.

and please, don't ever group me with pjhawks again. that is the biggest insult one can make around here
    by the way, not that the game really mattered, but how about reid and morningwheg leaving evan moore on the field with the game on the line yesterday? and then making him foles' first option on the 2nd to last play of the game? :lol: no surprise he dropped that ball at the goal line.

how do you know that he was the first option? foles could have seen something in the defense and recognized a good matchup. moore was wide open, got a throw on his numbers, and shit the bed.

but just like everything else, it's reids fault :roll:

arians might win coach of the year.

i know the record. but they did improve each year till they announced the move. took longer to build teams in the early 90's.

yeah, arians could win COY with the best QB to come into the nfl in 30 years. congrats to him.

I do agree with the belichick thing. Was going to bring that up as well, but some here only look on the surface of things, so it's not worth the effort. Kinda like bashing your head against a wall
    The Fixer wrote:

if they bring in gruden, i'd want a gm who knows what he is doing.

and reid drafted horribly on the defensive side of the football for an entire decade. plus his first round pick from last year didn't even dress yesterday....for like the 10th time this year.

it's worth noting that tom modrak was director of player personnel when mcnabb and westbrook were drafted.

look at belichicks' drafts since paoli left. especially on defense.

point being...the coaches who have the best QBs of all time probably get too much credit
    the foles news explains why he missed a wide open maclin in the endzone on that final drive. makes me feel better...especially considering that he played through the injury
    The Fixer wrote:

how do you know that he was the first option? foles could have seen something in the defense and recognized a good matchup. moore was wide open, got a throw on his numbers, and shit the bed.

he was just signed last week.

i'd think he'd be last on my list of players on the field with the game on the line. if it's not the coach or the coordinator's decision to have him in the game, with the game on the line, do you think he just ran out there on his own?

he looked foles' first read as he stared him down the whole play. sure he could have seen something in the defense, but we don't know. bottom line is, yes, that was reid and morningwheg's fault for him being in the game at that time.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

To me I guess it all depends on who they plan to replace him with. If it's cowher, gruden, or kelly then it's a colossal mistake.

Arguing whether he should stay or go is pretty much pointless at this point. He's gone. And Roseman is gonna be the guy who calls the shots, which has amaroesque tenure written all over it...esp if he brings in one of the aforementioned guys.

and please, don't ever group me with pjhawks again. that is the biggest insult one can make around here

but there are plenty of options out there other than these 3 guys. i just can't think of any good reason to bring reid back at this point. nothing, he has done over the last 8 years has warranted a contract extension (which is what you will have to give him if he comes back. reid, nor his agent will agree to coach as a lame duck).

he's made so many bad decisions, especially over the last few years. time to move on.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i'd think he'd be last on my list of players on the field with the game on the line. if it's not the coach or the coordinator's decision to have him in the game, with the game on the line, do you think he just ran out there on his own?

he looked foles' first read as he stared him down the whole play. sure he could have seen something in the defense, but we don't know. bottom line is, yes, that was reid and morningwheg's fault for him being in the game at that time.

you said he was foles first option. then you said we don't know.

if a guy is playing an nfl skill position I don't think it's asking too much to expect him to catch a ball on his numbers. who did you want out there? demarius johnson? marvin mcnutt?

I'm all for ripping dumb mistakes, but let's try to be rational here.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you said he was foles first option. then you said we don't know.

if a guy is playing an nfl skill position I don't think it's asking too much to expect him to catch a ball on his numbers. who did you want out there? demarius johnson? marvin mcnutt?

I'm all for ripping dumb mistakes, but let's try to be rational here.

yes, i think it was his first option. i concede that we don't know what he saw in the defense though.

haha...i am being rational. with the game on the line, i would prefer any of our receivers over a guy who was picked up off the street a few days ago.

you're going to defend this? this is the definition of a dumb mistake. it's just on the back burner to most people because it was a meaningless game.
    www.myspace.com

but there are plenty of options out there other than these 3 guys. i just can't think of any good reason to bring reid back at this point. nothing, he has done over the last 8 years has warranted a contract extension (which is what you will have to give him if he comes back. reid, nor his agent will agree to coach as a lame duck).

he's made so many bad decisions, especially over the last few years. time to move on.

we will see how 'change' works. next coach will most likely be obama 2.0. shoot me now

at least it will give the fans something different to cry about.

who are these 'other candidates'? I could get on board with roman bringing alex smith here. I think that makes sense for all parties involved. Of course most of the einstein fans make no mention of this...they are the ones clamoring for kelly or gruden.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/874 ... eid-haters
    edited December 2012
    i mentioned greg roman a month ago dude.

seems most people don't want chip kelly to me.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yes, i think it was his first option. i concede that we don't know what he saw in the defense though.

haha...i am being rational. with the game on the line, i would prefer any of our receivers over a guy who was picked up off the street a few days ago.

you're going to defend this? this is the definition of a dumb mistake. it's just on the back burner to most people because it was a meaningless game.

yes, I'm fine with the qb running a play where he threw to a wide open receiver.

lot of injuries...maclin and avant are the only regulars that they had as options. I think this is the epitome of fans unnecessarily blaming reid for all that's wrong in the world.

An innocuous play IMO...except for the drop
    i mentioned greg roman a month ago dude.

congrats
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yes, I'm fine with the qb running a play where he threw to a wide open receiver.

lot of injuries...maclin and avant are the only regulars that they had as options. I think this is the epitome of fans unnecessarily blaming reid for all that's wrong in the world.

An innocuous play IMO...except for the drop

that's not what i asked you. who wouldn't have a problem with a quarterback throwing to a wide open receiver?

i asked if you are fine with reid putting moore, a guy he signed just days prior, in with the game on the line. evan moore had 2 days of practice. and has 1 catch all season. i don't think they put foles in the best position there.

your argument seems to be the epitome of of all the people who think reid can do no wrong and are scared of making a change.

so, yeah it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things due to the innocuous nature of a game when you have 4 wins this late in the season. it just didn't make much sense.
    www.myspace.com
    I'll ask again...who did you want in there? marvin mcnutt? damaris johnson? I actually like evan moore, always have from stanford and cleveland days...think he's underrated as a backup TE.

keep seeing articles about chip kelly. annoying as hell. HE'S AN AWFUL FIT...makes ZERO sense
This discussion has been closed.