THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    n55031553716_2804.jpg

Midget Face.

And this will be his new nickname.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    This amount of coverage on CSN and philly.com only two days into camp, which is only for rookies mostly, is fucking obnoxious. It's fucking July, go away, come back when the first preseason game starts - at best. Last week in August is when everything kick up a gear in my book. Start to massage my brain with potential fantasy rosters, plan the spread for the draft, schedule a round of golf on Labor Day following the draft - ya know, the important shit. Until then.....BLAH.

Stewart Bradley has Midget Face.

Totally agree. The nfl offseason is brutal. Nothing to discuss so writers try to create stories about nothing.

Midget face?

football season never ends gentlemen. :mrgreen:

gonna be up there throwing back a couple pops next wednesday.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    n55031553716_2804.jpg

Midget Face.

But can Stewie play soccer ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    n55031553716_2804.jpg

Midget Face.

I don't get it.

All I know, going forward, is that I will only acknowledge Bradley when addressed as Midget Face.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    n55031553716_2804.jpg

Midget Face.

I don't get it.

All I know, going forward, is that I will only acknowledge Bradley when addressed as Midget Face.

The kid on the show plays soccer

His dad uses crutches
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I don't get it.

The kid on the show plays soccer

His dad uses crutches

:?

Like the old saying goes - ya seen one midget, ya seen 'em all.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    This amount of coverage on CSN and philly.com only two days into camp, which is only for rookies mostly, is fucking obnoxious. It's fucking July, go away, come back when the first preseason game starts - at best. Last week in August is when everything kick up a gear in my book. Start to massage my brain with potential fantasy rosters, plan the spread for the draft, schedule a round of golf on Labor Day following the draft - ya know, the important shit. Until then.....BLAH.

Stewart Bradley has Midget Face.

Agree 100%. It's still baseball season as far as i'm concerned. I don't need to hear about Kolb and Vick's shit schedule or every other minute thing they are covering. I saw footage of Kolb getting out of his car yesterday and no lie, there were 5 news cameras up in his face 12 inches from him. Really? It's the guy walking from his car.
  • The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't call brown one of the top cover corners. He's average at best in coverage - evidenced by his int totals. I loved him as a player, but he wasn't that good in coverage. Tough dude, big hitter...not a great cover guy. I think was was better suited to play safety. Reid asked him to switch positions and he declined. Good luck on the browns. Reid doesn't make many personnel mistakes. Brown is on downside of his career.

Don't sleep on macho harris. I think he's starting by week 7.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1802 ... statistics

I hate the idea that more interceptions = better CB. First of all, what do interceptions have to do with man coverage? Int's come from zone packages, too. Ed Reed had 9 interceptions in '08, and Darren Sharper had 9 last season. Are they better corners than Sheldon? Oh, wait, they're Free Safeties.

Nnamdi Asomugha has had far less interceptions in his career than many "top corners," and it is simply because he blankets receivers completely, and rarely allows a completion.

Sheldon was a blanket, allowing one, ONE TD in 2008. Who was the recipient of that TD? Larry Fitzgeral, in the NFC championship game, no less. Pretty impressive for an "average" man coverage guy.

Then, playing with an injured leg for most of 2009, Sheldon had 5 interceptions. Actually, six, but a Moise Fokou penalty negated one. It was a penalty after the pick, by the way. Six interceptions is pretty impressive, as is five, and if you'll notice, it was because Sheldon began playing a more risky, Samuel-style coverage as his leg suffered from more wear-and-tear throughout the season. Eventually, as the injury grew worse, more zone schemes were called by Sean McDermott, towards the end of the year.

I'm sorry but, a healthy Sheldon Brown is a top-five man coverage CB in the league. He doesn't need flashy plays and pick-sixes, he plays a very meat-and-potatoes, physical man cover game. Also, he's great in zone coverage, and a huge hitter that would also make a great Safety.

Sheldon was always criminally underrated. Samuel is overrated.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Great example.....this is the headline on philly.com right now

Kolb looks sharp on Day 1
    Video: First-year starting quarterback Kevin Kolb looked sharp after his first training camp practice at Lehigh today. He missed only a few passes. The same could not be said for backup quarterback Michael Vick.

So the top story in the entire tri-state area is Kolb throwing bombs to scrubs? In July? Come on now.

Video: First-year starting quarterback Kevin Kolb looked sharp after his first training camp practice at Lehigh today. He missed only a few passes. The same could not be said for backup quarterback Michael Vick.

So the top story in the entire tri-state area is Kolb throwing bombs to scrubs? In July? Come on now.

Yeah, and another one was "Kolb receives text from McNabb on first day of cam."

Meat.....fucking....heads. Look at the comments sections on philly.com or listen to the radio, and that pretty much proves my point.

It sucks being a bartender sometimes, because you have to agree with these idiots most of the time even though you don't want to.

new qb for first time in over a decade.
    the country's most popular sport.
    first day back since last year.

not sure what you guy's expect here....
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I just ignore most of this shit. I swore off espn a year ago and I will just watch mlb network until midway thru preseason...

Like jp said, wake me for the 3rd preseason game.

Midget face is great.
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't call brown one of the top cover corners. He's average at best in coverage - evidenced by his int totals. I loved him as a player, but he wasn't that good in coverage. Tough dude, big hitter...not a great cover guy. I think was was better suited to play safety. Reid asked him to switch positions and he declined. Good luck on the browns. Reid doesn't make many personnel mistakes. Brown is on downside of his career.

I hate the idea that more interceptions = better CB. First of all, what do interceptions have to do with man coverage? Int's come from zone packages, too. Ed Reed had 9 interceptions in '08, and Darren Sharper had 9 last season. Are they better corners than Sheldon? Oh, wait, they're Free Safeties.

Nnamdi Asomugha has had far less interceptions in his career than many "top corners," and it is simply because he blankets receivers completely, and rarely allows a completion.

Sheldon was a blanket, allowing one, ONE TD in 2008. Who was the recipient of that TD? Larry Fitzgeral, in the NFC championship game, no less. Pretty impressive for an "average" man coverage guy.

Then, playing with an injured leg for most of 2009, Sheldon had 5 interceptions. Actually, six, but a Moise Fokou penalty negated one. It was a penalty after the pick, by the way. Six interceptions is pretty impressive, as is five, and if you'll notice, it was because Sheldon began playing a more risky, Samuel-style coverage as his leg suffered from more wear-and-tear throughout the season. Eventually, as the injury grew worse, more zone schemes were called by Sean McDermott, towards the end of the year.

I'm sorry but, a healthy Sheldon Brown is a top-five man coverage CB in the league. He doesn't need flashy plays and pick-sixes, he plays a very meat-and-potatoes, physical man cover game. Also, he's great in zone coverage, and a huge hitter that would also make a great Safety.

sheldon was underrated...but you've managed to overrate him here dude. i really think he'd make a better safety at this point in his career. always was a big fan of his though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I just ignore most of this shit. I swore off espn a year ago and I will just watch mlb network until midway thru preseason...

Like jp said, wake me for the 3rd preseason game.

Midget face is great.

espn blows. this is the most intriguing training camp since '04...well i guess '05 with all that nonsense. gonna be tough to ignore.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude, you're right about the int totals...that was a terrible example by me.

Brown was never a top 5 cover guy though. His strength was always in off coverage and coming up to smack someone or support the run.

I'm on my phone so I'm keeping my posts short. Bottom line is that if he wanted to stay here he could have. He didn't want to changee positions so reid gave him his walking papers. We will see how hee plays for the browns, but I think his best days are behind him. Reid has proven he's not gonna overpay for diminishing returns based on past performance. Great strategy that has worked for the eagles. Now we need to lock reid and amaro in a room together and force amaro to learn about how to manage contracts.

Brown had a great eagle career. Good riddens
    nate allen...set to be in the nest. hopfully graham signs in the next few games....GO BIRDS
    www.myspace.com
    nate allen...set to be in the nest. hopfully graham signs in the next few games....GO BIRDS

None of the 1st rounders have signed yet. Once the chips start falling, then you'll see him.

• sheldon was underrated...but you've managed to overrate him here dude. i really think he'd make a better safety at this point in his career. always was a big fan of his though.

Not sure how me linking to an article that shows Sheldon's got top five overall numbers equates to me overrating Sheldon.

He, like Dawk, was an invaluable part of a once-mighty defense that is going to be garbage this year.

And as for Sheldon being a "better" safety, I don't remember him playing any safety in the NFL. He's a proven corner who is in his 30's. That doesn't mean that he's automatically a better safety than corner, now. I don't understand that logic. No one's saying Champ should be moved to safety.
  • The Fixer wrote:

Dude, you're right about the int totals...that was a terrible example by me.

Brown was never a top 5 cover guy though. His strength was always in off coverage and coming up to smack someone or support the run.

I'm on my phone so I'm keeping my posts short. Bottom line is that if he wanted to stay here he could have. He didn't want to changee positions so reid gave him his walking papers. We will see how hee plays for the browns, but I think his best days are behind him. Reid has proven he's not gonna overpay for diminishing returns based on past performance. Great strategy that has worked for the eagles. Now we need to lock reid and amaro in a room together and force amaro to learn about how to manage contracts.

Brown had a great eagle career. Good riddens

I know! Macho was a great replacement for Dawkins!

*CHEAP SHOT*

sheldon was underrated...but you've managed to overrate him here dude. i really think he'd make a better safety at this point in his career. always was a big fan of his though.

Not sure how me linking to an article that shows Sheldon's got top five overall numbers equates to me overrating Sheldon.

He, like Dawk, was an invaluable part of a once-mighty defense that is going to be garbage this year.

And as for Sheldon being a "better" safety, I don't remember him playing any safety in the NFL. He's a proven corner who is in his 30's. That doesn't mean that he's automatically a better safety than corner, now. I don't understand that logic. No one's saying Champ should be moved to safety.

are you seriously comparing sheldon brown to champ bailey?

sheldon was great. but i think you're hyping him up quite a bit here...especially at this point in his career.

i think he's lost a step. he wasn't that quick to begin with. but he hits like a fucking linebacker...hence why i think he'd make a quality saftey at this point in his career.
    www.myspace.com
    Graham is signed for 5 years. Time to work on that Tweener, break em in.

Midget Face just made an appearance on TV as well....

great call. he looks like the little dude from jackass :lol:
    www.myspace.com

He looks like many midgets. If I had a midget casting agency I'd call it 'Many Midgets'.

wee man. haha, great call. so are we going with midget face or wee man?

nice to see everyone signed. reid always gets people in camp on time.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm sticking with Midget Face because I think everyone will definitely get that. ALL HAIL MIDGET FACE.
    The Fixer wrote:

that would be joe banner.

i'm good with either one.
    www.myspace.com
    riley cooper needs a haircut.
    www.myspace.com
    ellis hobbs mixed it up with riley cooper who outweighs him by a solid 50 pounds or so. i like the fight in him. to me, thats a good sign...

luckily jacko's injury shouldn't hamper him too much. nothing serious....
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I truly believe that Brent Celek will the a 10-12td guy this year. Can't wait to see this offensive run the way i think it can. We finially have weapons at every spot and think Kolb is gonna suprise many this year. If are Def plays good i think that 10-6 is very possible. If the Def is so-so then 8-8 is more likely,but id say 9-7 they finish.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I truly believe that Brent Celek will the a 10-12td guy this year. Can't wait to see this offensive run the way i think it can. We finially have weapons at every spot and think Kolb is gonna suprise many this year. If are Def plays good i think that 10-6 is very possible. If the Def is so-so then 8-8 is more likely,but id say 9-7 they finish.

i heard didnger saying he thinks celek will lead the team in receptions, djack in td's, and maclin in yards. that will be pretty impressive if it plays out like that.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.