THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    great article abou the big man in today's Inquirer. Love the guy...best thing to ever happen to the franchise

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_pa ... ?viewAll=y

EDIT: actually 2 Reid articles in the paper today

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2 ... versa.html
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    t minus one week...

looks like vick's gonna here...
    www.myspace.com
    i think brian baldinger knows more about the nfl than everyone else put together at the nfl network.
    www.myspace.com
    i think brian baldinger knows more about the nfl than everyone else put together at the nfl network.

mike mayock is the man. I just can't listen to him for long periods because his lisp is so bad. he really knows his shit though

I love listening to guys that are gonna tell me something I didn't already know
    The Fixer wrote:

mike mayock is the man. I just can't listen to him for long periods because his lisp is so bad. he really knows his shit though

i was thinking of saying "other than mike mayock" but he's more of a draft guy than the league itself. baldy schools that jamie dukes fraud every single time they have one of those stupid head to head segments.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i was thinking of saying "other than mike mayock" but he's more of a draft guy than the league itself. baldy schools that jamie dukes fraud every single time they have one of those stupid head to head segments.

I can't stand jaime dukes. or warren sapp. or especially deion sanders.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't stand jaime dukes. or warren sapp. or especially deion sanders.

i wonder why fox didn't renew baldinger's contract a couple years ago. he's a solid game analyst too.
    www.myspace.com

i wonder why fox didn't renew baldinger's contract a couple years ago. he's a solid game analyst too.

probably because of his pinky finger...you ever notice that thing? disgusting
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Mayock lives near you, Fixer.

he lives in fixer's basement.
    www.myspace.com

he lives in fixer's basement.

don't tell anyone. I keep him locked up and he gives me insight on who to bet on

I'm telling you, check out baldinger's pinky...it looks like a penis

from Mel Kiper

Philadelpha Eagles
    Crucial influx: The pick of Nate Allen surprised a lot of people -- not because he's not a good player, but because it officially nailed Taylor Mays' draft stock shut. Now, the Eagles might wish they had both of them. Allen's performance will be crucial from the get-go because of the injury to Marlin Jackson, who would have been an easy convert to safety. The other obvious influx for the Eagles is in the pass-rush, where Brandon Graham should pay immediate dividends and will surprise a lot of people with his effectiveness against the rush. He uses his leverage extremely well. Keep an eye on Ricky Sapp as well. Sapp has pass-rush skills and speed that would have landed him very close to the first round if he wasn't considered a finesse guy against the run. But if it's about getting to the QB, he could be a steal who grows into something more. Frankly, the way the Eagles stockpiled mid-round picks, it's almost a certainty that a couple sleepers come out of their draft.

The question mark: I had listed center and guard as needs for the Eagles, needs that they never addressed in the draft. In fact, almost amazingly, they had 13 picks and never took an offensive lineman. That's hard to do. Obviously this is a team that rightfully feels pretty good about what they have up front, but I thought they could have looked for a small upgrade along the interior.

Next April's pick, now: Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
    A lighter defensive tackle, Crick could be a versatile guy along the front in the Eagles' 3-4 scheme.
    Wait. The Birds are going to a 3-4?

they use it in certain situations but not all the time.

if graham and especially allen play well, this team's winning 10 games
    www.myspace.com

I've never seen this team play a 3-4. If anything, I've seen them put more LB's up on the line.

I've never seen this team play a 3-4. If anything, I've seen them put more LB's up on the line.

yeah, I think that's a typo.

jeags, I think 10 wins is pretty unreasonable. the o-line is a huge question mark and the defense is really young. who is the 2nd corner? ellis hobbs? yikes.

call me crazy, but I think demps wins the job over allen
    The Fixer wrote:

jeags, I think 10 wins is pretty unreasonable. the o-line is a huge question mark and the defense is really young. who is the 2nd corner? ellis hobbs? yikes.

Ugh. Demps blows.

8 wins is a solid expectation.
    The Fixer wrote:

well if demps wins the job over allen, they'll have problems. if hobbs is healthy, big if, he can be serviceable (him and samuel both started on the 6-0 pats a few yrs ago). they just dont have anyone back there that can hit.

but if graham can get to the qb, like a lot of people think he can, it will take the double team off cole and take a lot of pressure off the secondary.

7-10 wins. 10 if a lot of things fall in place...such as the top two picks giving you a lot of production in year one.
    www.myspace.com

well if demps wins the job over allen, they'll have problems. if hobbs is healthy, big if, he can be serviceable (him and samuel both started on the 6-0 pats a few yrs ago). they just dont have anyone back there that can hit.

but if graham can get to the qb, like a lot of people think he can, it will take the double team off cole and take a lot of pressure off the secondary.

7-10 wins. 10 if a lot of things fall in place...such as the top two picks giving you a lot of production in year one.

demps was bad his rookie year (esp the NFC title game, but the entire defense sucked that day), but I still think he can play. I like the fact that he brings some swagger...he's a cocky mf'er. I think they need some of that on defense...especially in the secondary. everything I've read about allen says he's a ball hawk, but isn't a hitter. tough for a rookie to play that position with the birds scheme. should be interesting

hopefully macho can help at corner. I'd love to see him win the nickleback job and eventually take over as the 2nd corner. I think this can happen, he's much better suited to play CB than safety

big difference between 7 and 10 wins in the NFL. I will be shocked if this team wins 10. I think 7-9 wins is most likely. O/U is 8...if I had to bet I'd take the under (for the record I'd never bet against the birds)

should be an exciting year...love the direction this team is headed in
    The Fixer wrote:

demps was bad his rookie year (esp the NFC title game, but the entire defense sucked that day), but I still think he can play. I like the fact that he brings some swagger...he's a cocky mf'er. I think they need some of that on defense...especially in the secondary. everything I've read about allen says he's a ball hawk, but isn't a hitter. tough for a rookie to play that position with the birds scheme. should be interesting

hopefully macho can help at corner. I'd love to see him win the nickleback job and eventually take over as the 2nd corner. I think this can happen, he's much better suited to play CB than safety

big difference between 7 and 10 wins in the NFL. I will be shocked if this team wins 10. I think 7-9 wins is most likely. O/U is 8...if I had to bet I'd take the under (for the record I'd never bet against the birds)

should be an exciting year...love the direction this team is headed in

i say 7 - 10 only because i think there is the potential for this team to exceed expectations if the pieces fall into place on defense...but there's so many questions there, and even with kolb, that it won't shock me if they only win 7. i realize its a big gap though---but thats part of the reason why this season is so intriguing to me. you don't really know what to expect.

all i can tell you is that i cannot wait for september. fucking 100 degrees this weekend and the phils are in the pooper right now. i am ready for a chill in the air, college games on saturday.....starting off my sundays with a bloody mary or two...checking the lines, setting my fantasy lineups and either hitting up the tailgate scene or plopping on my couch for 10 hours watching non stop football.

3 days till camp---bring it!
    www.myspace.com
    ...on the road to victory.........
    www.myspace.com
    Gotta love dez bryant already showing his true colors. You can take the guy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy
    The Fixer wrote:
    Gotta love dez bryant already showing his true colors. You can take the guy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy

i love it :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • I hate to say it but, my Birds probably won't even tough .500 this season.

As for all this 3-4 talk, I think McDermott is going to throw a lot more 3-4 looks out there this season, even though the base D will still be 4-3.

They drafted a bunch of kids that can play both schemes well. Also, they traded Gocong (and Sheldon, sadly) to Cleveland for Alex Hall, who they hope is a better OLB/DE hybrid than Gocong could be.

I'm mostly concerned with the secondary. I don't trust any of the corners to play physically enough against big receivers. Asante is a gambler, and he's hit or miss. He either makes a huge play, or he gives up a huge play. Hobbs and Hanson can't touch what Sheldon was. Hopefully, Nate Allen can be what I think he can be at FS.
    I knew it all along, see?
    I hate to say it but, my Birds probably won't even tough .500 this season.

As for all this 3-4 talk, I think McDermott is going to throw a lot more 3-4 looks out there this season, even though the base D will still be 4-3.

They drafted a bunch of kids that can play both schemes well. Also, they traded Gocong (and Sheldon, sadly) to Cleveland for Alex Hall, who they hope is a better OLB/DE hybrid than Gocong could be.

I'm mostly concerned with the secondary. I don't trust any of the corners to play physically enough against big receivers. Asante is a gambler, and he's hit or miss. He either makes a huge play, or he gives up a huge play. Hobbs and Hanson can't touch what Sheldon was. Hopefully, Nate Allen can be what I think he can be at FS.

welcome aboard johnny a.

i am really interested in seeing what mcdermott has up his sleeves with the line this year. i hear ya on the secondary though. hopefully dick jauron will help out. that was a quality hire.

sheldon lost a step or two as last year went on though...
    www.myspace.com
    useless preseason power rankings
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • I hate to say it but, my Birds probably won't even tough .500 this season.

welcome aboard johnny a.

i am really interested in seeing what mcdermott has up his sleeves with the line this year. i hear ya on the secondary though. hopefully dick jauron will help out. that was a quality hire.

Easy, easy on Sheldon. He played half the season with a strained hamstring, and was still a monster. One of the best man coverage CB's in the league the last few years, and nobody gave him any props.

We'll fucking miss him this year when Hobbs is giving up a TD every game.
    I knew it all along, see?
    I hate to say it but, my Birds probably won't even tough .500 this season.

welcome aboard johnny a.

Easy, easy on Sheldon. He played half the season with a strained hamstring, and was still a monster. One of the best man coverage CB's in the league the last few years, and nobody gave him any props.

We'll fucking miss him this year when Hobbs is giving up a TD every game.

I wouldn't call brown one of the top cover corners. He's average at best in coverage - evidenced by his int totals. I loved him as a player, but he wasn't that good in coverage. Tough dude, big hitter...not a great cover guy. I think was was better suited to play safety. Reid asked him to switch positions and he declined. Good luck on the browns. Reid doesn't make many personnel mistakes. Brown is on downside of his career.

Don't sleep on macho harris. I think he's starting by week 7.
    This amount of coverage on CSN and philly.com only two days into camp, which is only for rookies mostly, is fucking obnoxious. It's fucking July, go away, come back when the first preseason game starts - at best. Last week in August is when everything kick up a gear in my book. Start to massage my brain with potential fantasy rosters, plan the spread for the draft, schedule a round of golf on Labor Day following the draft - ya know, the important shit. Until then.....BLAH.

Stewart Bradley has Midget Face.
    This amount of coverage on CSN and philly.com only two days into camp, which is only for rookies mostly, is fucking obnoxious. It's fucking July, go away, come back when the first preseason game starts - at best. Last week in August is when everything kick up a gear in my book. Start to massage my brain with potential fantasy rosters, plan the spread for the draft, schedule a round of golf on Labor Day following the draft - ya know, the important shit. Until then.....BLAH.

Stewart Bradley has Midget Face.

Totally agree. The nfl offseason is brutal. Nothing to discuss so writers try to create stories about nothing.

Midget face?
This discussion has been closed.