THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    as much as i've ripped him, you have to feel bad for juan castillo. by all accounts he seems like a great guy and spent so much time with the organization. he just should not have been placed in this position in the first place. wish him the best of luck.

grand scheme of things for the birds is, record wise, they are about where i thought they'd be. so i can still (especially with a competent d coordinator) see them getting to 9 wins or so and that's what the giants had last year. now more than ever, the nfl is a parity driven league, so it's all about getting hot at the end. if they blow these next few games after the bye though...

who knows, maybe they win 9 or 10 games with the defense leading the way and the season ends the way season's always end around here---maybe todd bowels is the eagles next head coach. he is highly respected and interviewed for hc positions last year... :think:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    agree on castillo.

disagree about potential optimism for this year though. unless an inept QB magically falls out of the sky and lands in eagles green.

I said 10 wins before the season started. They could still get there, but even if they do it doesn't matter since they aren't winning anything with vick.

PLAY FOLES!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    agree on castillo.

disagree about potential optimism for this year though. unless an inept QB magically falls out of the sky and lands in eagles green.

I said 10 wins before the season started. They could still get there, but even if they do it doesn't matter since they aren't winning anything with vick.

PLAY FOLES!!!

well, if you think they can still get to 10 games, then you actually do agree with the potential optimism. 9 wins won the division last year.

and there's obviously also the argument, based on a 13 year sample size (one of the longest in the history of the league), that they probably won't win anything if they get there because of reid (the only constant in that time frame).

if they lose the next 2 and the season appears lost, then he may go to foles. these next 2 games are not the kinds of spots you put in a rookie qb.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    agree on castillo.

PLAY FOLES!!!

well, if you think they can still get to 10 games, then you actually do agree with the potential optimism. 9 wins won the division last year.

and there's obviously also the argument, based on a 13 year sample size (one of the longest in the history of the league), that they probably won't win anything if they get there because of reid (the only constant in that time frame).

if they lose the next 2 and the season appears lost, then he may go to foles. these next 2 games are not the kinds of spots you put in a rookie qb.

I think the giants only winning 9 games last year was an aberration. they had a ton of injuries. they were obviously a talented team that had won a SB just a few years ago with mostly the same core group. I don't think comparing this eagles team (assuming they win 9 games) to last years giants team, is worthwhile.

Reid has to shoulder the blame for failing to find a QB capable of winning it all. I still support him because I believe that he can find that player. however it will be difficult to argue if he does get canned after the disaster that is the michael vick era

lot of talent on this roster he has put together. kinda tough to compete for a title without a qb.

I have honestly grown tired of defending reid. For whatever reason I have become indifferent towards the entire organization
    yeah after 14 years (especially the last 8 which are mediocre at best), i'd be tired of defending him too. gotta be tough at this point. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    yeah after 14 years (especially the last 8 which are mediocre at best), i'd be tired of defending him too. gotta be tough at this point. :lol:

not fair to say he's been horrible for 14 years. We're not talking about ray rhodes here

I still like him as a coach. He just couldn't find the right guy to run his team. Would be nice to see him get a chance with foles
    The Fixer wrote:

not fair to say he's been horrible for 14 years. We're not talking about ray rhodes here

I still like him as a coach. He just couldn't find the right guy to run his team. Would be nice to see him get a chance with foles

i didn't say horrible. i called the last 8 mediocre because they were. he's a decent enough coach....but he just drafted horribly on the defensive side of the football for about 10 years (after ray rhodes' players left), continues to make the same game day mistakes that he's made since 1999, took too long to recognize the importance of the wide receiver position, took too long to recognize the importance of the linebacking position, can't beat good teams (especially in the afc), made one of the worst coaching promotions in the history of the league, and hasn't won a playoff game since his last contract extension. other than that, he's awesome. i don't think he deserves a shot with foles next year.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The needle is a terrible thing. Sad stuff.
    The Fixer wrote:

i didn't say horrible. i called the last 8 mediocre because they were. he's a decent enough coach....but he just drafted horribly on the defensive side of the football for about 10 years (after ray rhodes' players left), continues to make the same game day mistakes that he's made since 1999, took too long to recognize the importance of the wide receiver position, took too long to recognize the importance of the linebacking position, can't beat good teams (especially in the afc), made one of the worst coaching promotions in the history of the league, and hasn't won a playoff game since his last contract extension. other than that, he's awesome. i don't think he deserves a shot with foles next year.

I think a lot of the stuff you and other haters bring up is BS. His W/L record speaks for itself. He has put together mostly good teams. If they weren't committed to turds at QB then he may have won it all by now. Yes, that's his fault and ultimately may cost him his job.

And if they are going to replace him I find it hilarious that no one ever names replacements. Typical Philadelphia
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think a lot of the stuff you and other haters bring up is BS. His W/L record speaks for itself. He has put together mostly good teams. If they weren't committed to turds at QB then he may have won it all by now. Yes, that's his fault and ultimately may cost him his job.

And if they are going to replace him I find it hilarious that no one ever names replacements. Typical Philadelphia

"bs." :lol: nice retort. yeah, i can definitely tell you're tired of defending him. but if you'd like to take a stab at defending all of that, i'd be happy to engage you.

and i am not a hater at all. i liked him up until about 3 years ago. i just can only put up with so many seasons of mediocrity.
    www.myspace.com
    well lets see...

we have a driving rain storm coming in...
    the eagles have one of the league's best running backs...
    the eagles are 10-1 when mccoy has more than 20 rushing attempts...
    the eagles have a qb who clearly struggles when passing more than 35 times per game (his record is 5-18-1 when throwing that many times or more)...
    the offensive line is even more beat up with watkins out (by the way, he is looking more and more like 1st round bust)...
    and we're going up against a team ranked 28th against the run...

...all of this tells me andy reid will throw it 60 times today. :lol:

in all seriousness, he needs to just look at what was successful in the ravens and giants games and just keep repeating it. it is no coincidence that vick's 2 best games came in the only 2 games the eagles had a balanced attack. 3 step drops....screens...2 tight end sets....bubble screens!...run the fucking ball with shady mccoy consistently = their best chance to win.

interested in seeing how the defense looks. should be more aggressive. hopefully they stop blowing 4th quarter leads.

go. birds.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    least i didn't pick the eagles to win this game :roll:

Who was the Eagle that dropped the sure INT on the second play of the game (Fletcher)? That hurt us. Falcons went on an 8 minute scoring drive and haven't looked back since! :x

Oh yeah also good call on firing Juan Castillo, Our defense looks much better now :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    this team is an embarrassment...again.

looked completely unprepared. looked uninspired. the end is near.

i think the problem with the d line might be that they're just old. seems like babin and cole have lost a step this year. jenkins too.

horrible all around.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    at least you have the sixers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yeah, really looking forward to bynum playing 40 games and another 6 seed. Awesome.

Schefter reporting that Foles may start on Monday. My fingers are crossed.

Also, Nate Allen fucking stinks. I'd rather have sean consadine or blaine bishop back there.
    81 wrote:

andy reid era began as the sixers were ascending....it, apparently, is coming to an end in a similiar fashion. full circle! :lol:

can't wait till wednesday.
    www.myspace.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :mrgreen:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

wow there's a blogger breaking some news :roll:

defense is terrible. should get at least one turnover by accident. no playmakers on D and the safeties have to be the worst duo ever. they are awful.

and Atlanta Falcons 29th in the NFL in rushing...and undefeated :)
    pjhawks wrote:

wow there's a blogger breaking some news :roll:

defense is terrible. should get at least one turnover by accident. no playmakers on D and the safeties have to be the worst duo ever. they are awful.

and Atlanta Falcons 29th in the NFL in rushing...and undefeated :)

espn's resident nfc east blogger...pretty well known and respected...you're apparently not aware of him

where do you get your sports news? solely philly.com? :(
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Like I said 2 weeks ago I hate this team. Reid needs to go as well as alot of others. Name a player other then Shady that you'd be sad to see go.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Like I said 2 weeks ago I hate this team. Reid needs to go as well as alot of others. Name a player other then Shady that you'd be sad to see go.

cox and kendricks, maybe the wideouts...that is about it.
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2012

herremans, kendricks, cox, cole, ryans, celek, avant, maclin, kelce, peters, boykin, henery

guys I'd love to see go...vick, jackson, babin (he's a turd), allen, namdi

until they make a change at qb I just don't care. they should have named the storm Hurricane Vick...then it would have missed the entire continent of N America
    Post edited by The Fixer on

cox and kendricks, maybe the wideouts...that is about it.

I don't know how any sane person can defend jackson. he's almost as much of a loser as vick is
    The Fixer wrote:

herremans, kendricks, cox, cole, ryans, celek, avant, maclin, kelce, peters

guys I'd love to see go...vick, jackson, babin (he's a turd), allen, namdi

until they make a change at qb I just don't care. they should have named the storm Hurricane Vick...then it would have missed the entire continent of N America

if we're talking about starting over, cole, and ryans are probably too old. peters may never be the same. i agree on babin. all he does is accumulate sacks. when he's not doing that, he's really worthless. like he has been this year.

this mess we have here is really the just the result of about a decade's worth of poor drafting, especially on the defensive side of the football by andy reid. he lost so many leaders when all the players he inherited left, and he has failed to adequately replace them.

i really don't see how any sane person can still defend andy reid. to do so, you'd have to be either a blind loyalist or have not been paying attention to what has happened to this organization over the last 8 years.
    www.myspace.com
    reid has failed in two major areas

1 - failing to replace jim johnson
    2 - being overly loyal to losers at qb...especially the current dbag

the guy is a great coach. it's a shame the dummy fans are going to run him outta town. he deserves better after all he has done for the franchise
    The Fixer wrote:

the guy is a great coach. it's a shame the dummy fans are going to run him outta town. he deserves better after all he has done for the franchise

those are the only 2 areas? really? :lol:

go ahead and defend his defensive drafting over the last decade. i would love to see this.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

go ahead and defend his defensive drafting over the last decade. i would love to see this.

I think that goes hand in hand with having a coordinator/defensive system in place. tough to draft when you have no clue about how guys are going to fit.

look at belichick's defensive picks over the last 5 years or so. just as bad as reid. amazing how a HOF QB masks deficiencies

then again, you were fine with him starting vick from the get go :roll:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think that goes hand in hand with having a coordinator/defensive system in place. tough to draft when you have no clue about how guys are going to fit.

look at belichick's defensive picks over the last 5 years or so. just as bad as reid. amazing how a HOF QB masks deficiencies

then again, you were fine with him starting vick from the get go :roll:

so...you cannot defend it then? speaks volumes that his biggest defender can't even make an attempt.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Dynasty!
This discussion has been closed.