THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    those are the only 2 areas? really? :lol:

go ahead and defend his defensive drafting over the last decade. i would love to see this.

I think that goes hand in hand with having a coordinator/defensive system in place. tough to draft when you have no clue about how guys are going to fit.

look at belichick's defensive picks over the last 5 years or so. just as bad as reid. amazing how a HOF QB masks deficiencies

then again, you were fine with him starting vick from the get go :roll:

so...you cannot defend it then? speaks volumes that his biggest defender can't even make an attempt.

defend what?

I already said I'm tired of defending him. jim mora was 100% right when he called vick a coach killer. I said I would have rather gone 0-16 with kolb than had to watch vick infect this team. Realistic fans aren't disappointed by how this team has played...with a loser at qb it never mattered how this team played since they weren't going to ever win anything.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so...you cannot defend it then? speaks volumes that his biggest defender can't even make an attempt.

defend what?

I already said I'm tired of defending him. jim mora was 100% right when he called vick a coach killer. I said I would have rather gone 0-16 with kolb than had to watch vick infect this team. Realistic fans aren't disappointed by how this team has played...with a loser at qb it never mattered how this team played since they weren't going to ever win anything.

his poor drafting on the defensive side of the football for an entire decade. are you not paying attention?

do you agree that, on defense, andy drafted poorly for pretty much an entire decade? do we have that common ground?
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Remember when you guys could have drafted JPP?
    The Fixer wrote:

his poor drafting on the defensive side of the football for an entire decade. are you not paying attention?

do you agree that, on defense, andy drafted poorly for pretty much an entire decade? do we have that common ground?

yeah, he hasn't done a good job drafting defense. like I said, neither has belichick. I guess that means he should be fired too

I don't think you were paying attn when you supported vick being the starting qb
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah. brandon graham actually played a significant amount of snaps yesterday though.....

god. damn. it. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sure. could have had earl thomas with that pick too

I hope reid gets fired and this team has a losing record for the next decade
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Me too :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Me too :lol:

the fans deserve someone like buddy ryan.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, he hasn't done a good job drafting defense. like I said, neither has belichick. I guess that means he should be fired too

I don't think you were paying attn when you supported vick being the starting qb

okay. so how is that not one of his major failings then? :lol: you just agreed that he has done a poor job for an entire decade. that's kind of a huge reason for this team's steady decline over the last 8 years man. defense. it's kind of important in football.

i supported vick over kevin kolb because kevin kolb stinks. he still stinks. but my main reason for supporting it was because i used to believe in andy reid as a quarterback guro. the day it happened, i said they were tied at the hip and if the vick experiment failed, that should just be another reason why he should lose his job.

now should i go back in time and ask if you'd like to defend his choices of wide receiver for the first 5 years of his time here? you want to take a stab at that?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

are you an eagles fan or an andy reid fan?

:?
    www.myspace.com

okay. so how is that not one of his major failings then? :lol: you just agreed that he has done a poor job for an entire decade. that's kind of a huge reason for this team's steady decline over the last 8 years man. defense. it's kind of important in football.

i supported vick over kevin kolb because kevin kolb stinks. he still stinks. but my main reason for supporting it was because i used to believe in andy reid as a quarterback guro. the day it happened, i said they were tied at the hip and if the vick experiment failed, that should just be another reason why he should lose his job.

now should i go back in time and ask if you'd like to defend his choices of wide receiver for the first 5 years of his time here? you want to take a stab at that?[/quote]

now we know kolb stinks. we didn't know that when vick took over. we knew vick sucks. so, yeah...logic fail on your part (and anyone else who wanted vick to be the qb).

who do you want to replace reid?
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just hate eagles fans
    edited October 2012
    i said kolb looked awful in camp and in that preseason. guess reid saw the same thing.

are you not able to defend the wide recievers andy reid put together pre 2004? are we in agreement there too? i'm just trying to find some common ground with you since it seems you always just want to argue with me.

not sure who i want. last year you and i were in agreement in bringing spagnuala back as d coordinator. he's in a tough spot in new orleans but i still think he will be a good head coach when he gets another shot. first things first though.

would you like to see him replace reid, if reid gets canned?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I just hate eagles fans

do you enjoy mediocre football?
    www.myspace.com
    i said kolb looked awful in camp and in that preseason. guess reid saw the same thing.

are you not able to defend the wide recievers andy reid put together pre 2004? are we in agreement there too? i'm just trying to find some common ground with you since it seems you always just want to argue with me.

not sure who i want. last year you and i were in agreement in bringing spagnuala back as d coordinator. he's in a tough spot in new orleans but i still think he will be a good head coach when he gets another shot. first things first though.

since you're judging qbs on preseason performance you should be your usual cheerleader self clammoring for foles. bizarre that you're not.

WRs were annoying. reid changed his ways with that though. started with freddie mitchell and has evolved into the current WR core, which is the best they have ever had...flaws and all. why bring up stuff from a decade ago? especially when that issue has been fixed. again, bizarre.

I would have liked spags as a DC, but I think he'd be an immediate downgrade as a head coach.

same shit as last year. fans want reid canned but fail to name viable candidates. reid deserves a shot with foles and bowles. if that doesn't work, then even I will admit it's time to move on.

my power is going out any second. this storm is annoying. I'd rather have snow.
    The Fixer wrote:

I just hate eagles fans

do you enjoy mediocre football?[/quote]

No, which is why I considered anyone who wanted vick as the QB to be certifiably insane

you're Mr .500. This team should be right up your alley :lol:
    edited October 2012
    The Fixer wrote:

since you're judging qbs on preseason performance you should be your usual cheerleader self clammoring for foles. bizarre that you're not.

WRs were annoying. reid changed his ways with that though. started with freddie mitchell and has evolved into the current WR core, which is the best they have ever had...flaws and all. why bring up stuff from a decade ago? especially when that issue has been fixed. again, bizarre.

I would have liked spags as a DC, but I think he'd be an immediate downgrade as a head coach.

same shit as last year. fans want reid canned but fail to name viable candidates. reid deserves a shot with foles and bowles. if that doesn't work, then even I will admit it's time to move on.

my power is going out any second. this storm is annoying. I'd rather have snow.

:lol: if anyone's a "cheerleader" here, it's obviously you dude. it's taken you 14 years, after 8 long mediocre ones, to finally admit it might be time for a change (you said the castillo and vick moves were fireable offenses that might cost him his job multiple times) yet still go on and on about how great of a coach he is.

why bring up stuff from a decade ago? because he has been here for 14 years, that's why. "annoying"-- :lol: yeah, it's it's a little "annoying" that he took 5 years to bring in a receiver who was any good. why do you think it takes him such an incredibly long amount of time to change his ways? were you okay with waiting so long for a halfway decent wideout? or do you agree with me on this one too? one of the reasons this team did not get over the hump in his first 5 years was due to this problem. the carolina game was all the proof you need for that.

so you have admitted that he has drafted poorly for about a decade. you have admitted he made a horrible decision in promoting castillo. you have admitted it was a mistake not to fire him in the offseason and waiting to do it 6 weeks into the season was another mistake. you, i think, just admitted that he took too long to "change his ways" regarding the receiving position...even though now you hate reid's choice to extend desean jackson's contract. you admit that reid has made the wrong choice at quarterback for, literally, years now. tell us why, he deserves a shot with nick foles and todd bowles (and i guess we are disregarding your previous posts that said he should be fired over the vick and castillo moves as you are contradicting youreself again)? don't just say he deserves a shot. i want to know why..............also, as we know, coaches do not come back for the last year of their contract without an extension; so do you want to extend reid's contract even though he has not won a playoff game since his last contract extension? gonna need an explanation there too when you get around to it. thanks.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I just hate eagles fans

do you enjoy mediocre football?

No, which is why I considered anyone who wanted vick as the QB to be certifiably insane

you're Mr .500. This team should be right up your alley :lol:[/quote]

you love andy reid who has given you nothing but mediocre football for 8 years. 8 long years fixer. repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is actually the definition of insanity.

2004 was about 2 lifetimes ago in the national football league. you're living in the past, man :lol:

nice quoting by the way....mediocre at best.
    zing.
    www.myspace.com
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... pened-yet/

change might be coming. i'd give it another loss or 2 myself. as poorly as the saints have played, a road monday night game in a loud stadium, with this porous line is a rough way to start...
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Delusional? When was Vick ever considered elite?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ill-elite/

it's his teamate. what's he supposed to say?

be the same thing if whitten came out and said tony romo was still elite. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

That's true but both scenarios are still delusional statements right now.

That's true but both scenarios are still delusional statements right now.

big match up for last place looming in a couple weeks ;)
    www.myspace.com

big match up for last place looming in a couple weeks ;)

The best part about the game is that I'll be with a few buddies from Philly watching the game in sunny Miami :)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Clean house, everyone but Shady and Demeco. When the report came out Thursday or Friday about Watkins Chronic ankle injury that he reaggravated, I was befuddled. Then it came out that The Eagles knew about this before they drafted him, I almost threw up in anger. How the fuck do you draft a 26 year old, with very little experience and a chronic ankle injury? So our 1st and 2nd round picks from 2011 are complete zeros! :evil:

Stick Foles in to at least give the fans something to watch. I'm not going to another game if Vick's the QB. That asshole still can't slide. How the hell did he play so well in 2010? I'll admit I got duped because I wasn't a big fan of his, as a player, before that.

5 of the 1st 6 plays were throws again.

Jeffery, do it now. No more suffering please.

Andy, we had some good times but its time to go. Times yours......

Sorry, had to vent.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    deleted by admin. See the Posting Guidelines especially #'s 1 & 2.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    A simple comment led to this :? Can't say i'm surprised though. And i'd take Cowher,Gruden,but Winston Moss deserves a shot imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    A simple comment led to this :? Can't say i'm surprised though. And i'd take Cowher,Gruden,but Winston Moss deserves a shot imo.

I'd love to see Gruden get back into coaching so I don't have to hear his boring commentary on Monday's. This 49ers team and these 49ers...This ALdon Smith guy reminds me of a young....blah blah blah...
    edited October 2012
    The Fixer wrote:
    repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is actually the definition of insanity.

2004 was about 2 lifetimes ago in the national football league. you're living in the past, man :lol:

nice quoting by the way....mediocre at best.
    zing.

don't have time to argue with you. unlike some people here, I have a job...which isn't in a dying industry. some people should spend less time here and more time re-evaluating their situations

you define cheerleader on these boards. a casual fan of most sports who pretend to be a diehard. you're the glen macknow of this board...better suited to talk about tv and movies than sports. hilarious to me that you are content with the phils (even though they have choked miserably since 2008) and sixers (would say flyers but you dont like all sports) and you are overly critical with the eagles. talk about inconsistent.

the phils go on a 3 game winning streak and you come out of your hole to pound your chest. the sixers finish 500 and you get all excited. the eagles can't do anything right according to you.

looks like you will get what you want and reid will be gone. be careful what you wish for. I honestly don't care what this team does anymore. I think there is value to having the stability that reid has given this franchise during his tenure. He has made his share of mistakes (notably vick, who some here were excited about), but I think they will be hard pressed to find an upgrade. comical to me that those who want reid gone can't even name ONE viable replacement.

I can't argue with someone who I don't respect.

it's a hurricane, my dear friend. most of us aren't able to work today or yesterday.

i'll take this blabbering response as further proof that you are still unable to defend reid's record. when in doubt, try to insult people!

and you have done nothing but argue, poorly i might add, with me for the sake of arguing for the past 2 or 3 years. so you even contradict yourself when attempting to make an insult. pretty sad.
    www.myspace.com

I'd love to see Gruden get back into coaching so I don't have to hear his boring commentary on Monday's. This 49ers team and these 49ers...This ALdon Smith guy reminds me of a young....blah blah blah...

speaking of that 49'ers team, what about that vic fangio? he'll surely get some interviews this off season. i would think ray horton might as well.

if garret gets canned, who would you like to replace him?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.