THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I have reached a place in my life I never thought i'd reach. I truly want this team to lose so Reid,Marty, and Juan all go. I never thought I get to this point because I live and die with Philly teams. But the same shit year after year has finally taken it's tool on me.

How is it that the people who get payed millions can't see what people sitting in the stands or couches see? You lost 2 excellent O-lineman and still refuse to run the ball. Hell Vicks even getting hit on some run calls thats how bad they are. But with a talent like Mccoy he's a touch away from a big run that can change the game.

Having a qb drop back 50+ times when winning at home is enough of a reason of get you fired. Doing it when your line sucks and you have an elite rb back there makes it sickening. The def is soft the wide 9 sucks and Juan is in over his head. How you change ur coverage on CJ when you've shut him down all day blows my mind. I really am at a place I never thought i'd be and i'm sick over it. :cry:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    I have reached a place in my life I never thought i'd reach. I truly want this team to lose so Reid,Marty, and Juan all go. I never thought I get to this point because I live and die with Philly teams. But the same shit year after year has finally taken it's tool on me.

How is it that the people who get payed millions can't see what people sitting in the stands or couches see? You lost 2 excellent O-lineman and still refuse to run the ball. Hell Vicks even getting hit on some run calls thats how bad they are. But with a talent like Mccoy he's a touch away from a big run that can change the game.

Having a qb drop back 50+ times when winning at home is enough of a reason of get you fired. Doing it when your line sucks and you have an elite rb back there makes it sickening. The def is soft the wide 9 sucks and Juan is in over his head. How you change ur coverage on CJ when you've shut him down all day blows my mind. I really am at a place I never thought i'd be and i'm sick over it. :cry:

14 rushes 22 yards. good reason to keep pounding the ball into the line.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

14 rushes 22 yards. good reason to keep pounding the ball into the line.
    Jeags is right I don't think you actually watch the games. Using your theory Shady shouldn't have been allowed to run against the Giants. Since he had 6 carries for 0yds at half that game. but then finished with 23 carries for 123yds :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Jeags is right I don't think you actually watch the games. Using your theory Shady shouldn't have been allowed to run against the Giants. Since he had 6 carries for 0yds at half that game. but then finished with 23 carries for 123yds :roll:

you guys are all over the place. on defense you want to stick with what is working until the very end but on offense you want to continue to do something that wasn't working. please tell me how that makes sense.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

i could never root for them to lose but i understand the frustration. i'm growing more and more ambivalent towards them.

at the game yesterday, i kept telling my friend that they just did not deserve to win the game and had a feeling they would blow it. vick is now 5-18-1 when throwing over 35 times.
    www.myspace.com
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    My nice new Eagles hat looks better in the box now. After yesterday's performance I am ashamed to wear it. Vick and Jackson are both overrated, Reid I don't feel is the issue, but he needs to give Foles a try. It's frustrating to see the team I've been in love with since I was 9 faulted every year. I'd like to see at least one ring in my lifetime. And I'm getting closer and closer to 40 and I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    juan castillo....FIRED per rueben frank's twitter thing

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

should NEVER have been promoted in the first place. reid's scrambling to save his job...
    www.myspace.com
    todd bowles promoted. he should have been named d coordinator in the offseason....
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

should NEVER have been promoted in the first place. reid's scrambling to save his job...

wasn't he an offensive line coach? so how does one go from O line coach to defensive co-ordinator? Andy Reid sure is loyal.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

Ur Not Mad Bro?
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Juanderful! Doesn't really matter who the DC is if the offense turns the ball over 97,000 times.

it's pretty funny that todd bowles was interviewing for head coaching positions in the past few weeks and now will be reporting to juan fucking castillo next year. should be the other way around. :?

i don't get it. i just don't get it.

....BOOM.
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

wasn't he an offensive line coach? so how does one go from O line coach to defensive co-ordinator? Andy Reid sure is loyal.

the last time he coached defense, prior to being the eagles defensive coordinator was at a high school...20 years ago.

has to be one of the dumbest promotions in the history of the nfl. and the fact that he wasn't fired after last season was even more stupid.

hopefully this isn't too little, too late.

i would expect reid to start calling the offensive plays again too.
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

the last time he coached defense, prior to being the eagles defensive coordinator was at a high school...20 years ago.

has to be one of the dumbest promotions in the history of the nfl. and the fact that he wasn't fired after last season was even more stupid.

hopefully this isn't too little, too late.

i would expect reid to start calling the offensive plays again too.

Thats taking loyalty a bit too far...Not happy with Marty as well...probably calls to many pass plays which does not help Vick...should run the ball at 50% of the time, you got one of the best backs in the league. Heck you guys did an excellent job defensively on Detroit through a good portion of the game...but thats what Detroit had a lot of come backs in the 4th quarter last year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    florio:

Firing Juan Castillo for being a bad defensive coordinator is like firing a race car driver for being a bad airplane pilot.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com

as you know i'm an Andy supporter but the decision to hire Castillo as his defensive coordinator is the most baffling thing he has ever done. can't argue with this move at all. hopefully Bowles is a lot more aggressive with the D.

and juggler i can't believe you support firing the defensive coordinator after his defense was better than the super bowl champs last year :D - can you take that contention back now please?
    pjhawks wrote:

as you know i'm an Andy supporter but the decision to hire Castillo as his defensive coordinator is the most baffling thing he has ever done. can't argue with this move at all. hopefully Bowles is a lot more aggressive with the D.

and juggler i can't believe you support firing the defensive coordinator after his defense was better than the super bowl champs last year :D - can you take that contention back now please?

i hope you are kidding. the eagles defense was awful last year. so was the giants until they got healthy at the very end. you've had about a year now, care to tell us how the giants were such a good defensive team during the regular season last year?
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    huh? I thought if anything, the defense was doing ok....maybe I am wrong on that. But, seems to me the main problem is the offensive play calling. maybe one of you guys can clear that up for me - who does the offensive play calling?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    huh? I thought if anything, the defense was doing ok....maybe I am wrong on that. But, seems to me the main problem is the offensive play calling. maybe one of you guys can clear that up for me - who does the offensive play calling?

morningwheg calls the offensive plays. i'm betting that reid takes over for him (even if he doesn't actually announce it).

defense has been better...but they are not getting to the qb and have blown two 4th quarter leads in a row. that's just unnaceptable after a year when they blew four leads in the 4th
    www.myspace.com
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

morningwheg calls the offensive plays. i'm betting that reid takes over for him (even if he doesn't actually announce it).

defense has been better...but they are not getting to the qb and have blown two 4th quarter leads in a row. that's just unnaceptable after a year when they blew four leads in the 4th

ah ok. hoping they make a change to the way the offense plays. More runs, more quick short passes that don't require Vick to do a long check-down, etc.

And promoting a guy that has been with the team 18 years into a position that was set up for failure by making him switch to defense - great move....just as bad as the play calling
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

ah ok. hoping they make a change to the way the offense plays. More runs, more quick short passes that don't require Vick to do a long check-down, etc.

we've been hoping for that for about a decade now.
    www.myspace.com
    we have been through all those years of Kotite, Ryan, Cunningham, McNabb......always seems like the Eagles are everything but......
  • Adios Juan. Don't let the door hit ya.

After another 8-8 season ends, Adios Andy. Maybe we can beat the Giants twice and watch them in the Super Bowl again. :roll:

Seems like we could use an offensive line coach... :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

The D is so vanilla. What the qb sees pre snap is the same he sees post snap. There were never any 2nd half adjustments or changes which leads to the other team figuring things out and making all these comebacks.

If O had shorter fields to work with, maybe they could score before they turn it over :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    A few misc points

1 - anyone blaming the defense for 'losing' the pitt game is a complete and utter dip shit

2 - this organization is a mess from the top down right now. Reid has been a stabilizing presecence during his tenure...hate to say it, but it just seems like he's losing his grasp on things

3 - rich hoffman laid it out perfectly in his article this afternoon. reid gave castillo the DC job...and gave vick the QB job. those two errors alone are grounds for termination. can't argue those points (as I have said before). You know where I stand with Reid, but those two mistakes are difficult to overlook (always were, always will be).

4 - doesn't matter who coaches the offense or defense...or the head coach is. with vick as their QB, they will never win anything

5 - going to NFL games just isn't fun. best part about sunday was the weather. game was boring as shit. crowd sucks. Linc is weak. NFL product blows. I usually hit one game a year...just enough to remind me why I don't go more often. Spent the entire game I wishing I was on my couch.

6 - WTF happened to the Linc parking lots???????? Looks like they turned the Linc lots into a futuristic car wash with those solar panels. This is just the next phase in the city's plan to ban tailgating. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the tailgate ban is coming. Inevitable.

7 - Feels like they are 0-6. Still somehow 3-3 despite having an ass hole turnover machine at QB

8 - In spirit of the debate tonight...'FOLES AND BOWLES 2012'. I'm the Fixer and I approve this message.
    The Fixer wrote:
    5 - going to NFL games just isn't fun. best part about sunday was the weather. game was boring as shit. crowd sucks. Linc is weak. NFL product blows. I usually hit one game a year...just enough to remind me why I don't go more often. Spent the entire game I wishing I was on my couch.

and with the NFL Red Zone on Xfinity there really is no reason to go to sunday games. having this channel might be the best thing comcast has ever done. it is fantastic. basically watched the full end of the cowboys-ravens and raiders-falcons games on sunday along with eagles. and never have to watch a commerical fn fantastic.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and with the NFL Red Zone on Xfinity there really is no reason to go to sunday games. having this channel might be the best thing comcast has ever done. it is fantastic. basically watched the full end of the cowboys-ravens and raiders-falcons games on sunday along with eagles. and never have to watch a commerical fn fantastic.

agree 100%. I'd bet money that the channel was designed by gamblers (see what I did there?)

when the channel came out 3 years ago I instantly fell in love. It's one of the few good things about the NFL these days
  • The Fixer wrote:
    when the channel came out 3 years ago I instantly fell in love. It's one of the few good things about the NFL these days

We don't do commercials on the red zone!

My wife and I started throwing our arms up in the air and counting the TD's during the touchdown montage, yelling TOUCHDOWN every time, entertaining our 2-year old. He laughed every. single. time. :lol: Now that's a dork alert. :geek:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

We don't do commercials on the red zone!

My wife and I started throwing our arms up in the air and counting the TD's during the touchdown montage, yelling TOUCHDOWN every time, entertaining our 2-year old. He laughed every. single. time. :lol: Now that's a dork alert. :geek:

yeah....it sucks when they don't have time for montage. scott hansen hypes it up for like 2 hours leading up to it. a few weeks ago they didn't have time and he seemed so dejected :lol:

just saw this beer for the first time at wegmans tonight. definitely giving it a go this sunday just because:

prism-red-zone.jpg

it's local. anyone ever try it?
    www.myspace.com
    nope, never had that one.

was doing some cleaning over the weekend and found a case of anchor steam xmas. amazing how easily shit gets lost when you have a thousand boxes of baby shit laying around
    The Fixer wrote:
    A few misc points

3 - rich hoffman laid it out perfectly in his article this afternoon. reid gave castillo the DC job...and gave vick the QB job. those two errors alone are grounds for termination. can't argue those points (as I have said before). You know where I stand with Reid, but those two mistakes are difficult to overlook (always were, always will be).

there is a long list of reasons to call for his termination...but for the purposes of this conversation, not firing castillo in january after last year's atrocity is right at the top too. that was almost as stupid as hiring him in the first place. what a mess.

i can see him going to foles if they lose a couple off the bye. if they didn't have atlanta up next, he might do it now. of course, if/when it happens he'll almost assuredly lean more towards the running game to help the kid out like what he did with garcia in '06 and feeley in '02.......of course he should be doing that all along but...hey that's just another item on the list ;)
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.