THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I went to Pitt the last time they played out there in 2004. They beat us and NE in back to back weeks to end both of our undefeated seasons. That was a bad game to witness with the 5 and T.O. shit starting to surface. The Pitt fans were another issue. They also had some half naked guy swinging a sledgehammer on the video screen as their pregame video. I felt uncomfortable watching it. :?

We need to score 7's, not 3's and kick the fucking ball through the endzone.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    this year will be different. right? right?........show me something big red!

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-phila ... feedID=692

The Eagles are 0-9 under Andy Reid on the road against AFC teams that went to the playoffs, and they’ve lost those nine games by an average of 17 points (32-15).

Among those nine losses were blowouts of 24, 24, 26, 28 and 29 points.

The Eagles are one of five NFL teams that hasn’t beaten a playoff-bound team from the opposite conference since 1999 (the Seahawks are 0-10, the Vikings 0-9 and the Texans and Saints are 0-7).

Overall, the Eagles have lost 14 straight games to playoff-bound AFC teams, a streak that dates back 21 years to the famed House of Pain Game at the Astrodome on Dec. 2, 1991. Behind quarterback Jeff Kemp and a legendary defensive performance, the Eagles won 13-6 over an Oilers team that wound up 11-5 and won the AFC Central.

The only team to go longer without beating an out-of-conference playoff team on the road is the Seahawks, whose last such win was in 1987, 34-21 in Chicago in 1987, back when the Seahawks were actually in the AFC.
    www.myspace.com
    Vick is 14-3 in his past 17 starts v. the AFC and 7-1 in his last 8. :D

Ben is 13-1 v. the NFC at home. :cry:

Something has to give.

I have Ben on my fantasy team. :fp:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Vick....WTF :fp:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    doesn't matter how many times you run the ball if the offensive line and qb can't figure out how to block a blitz this offense is in trouble. see way too many guys running unblocked into the backfield.

defense is better than it was last year but it's still way too soft. and has to start generating turnovers. d choked on last drive. 1st good kickoff in weeks, then 1st and 20 and can't hold them from going all the way down the field. 2nd straight week they let the other team get into position to win the game with a field goal.

awful challenge by reid on the jackson 3rd down. just a wasted timeout.

steelers are average at best. they have the look of an 8-8 at best team.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Vick....WTF :fp:

:lol: turnovers hurt us :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    doesn't matter how many times you run the ball if the offensive line and qb can't figure out how to block a blitz this offense is in trouble. see way too many guys running unblocked into the backfield.

defense is better than it was last year but it's still way too soft. and has to start generating turnovers. d choked on last drive. 1st good kickoff in weeks, then 1st and 20 and can't hold them from going all the way down the field. 2nd straight week they let the other team get into position to win the game with a field goal.

If were running the ball with Mccoy then that moron can't fumble!!!! :sick:
    Go Birds!!!!
    I wish we'd mix in a blitz every now and then because the front 4 is not getting it done. Did we even touch Ben? I'm tired of hearing about the 4Q come backs when it's his fault we have to come back in the 1st place. Shady was visibly pissed and called out Vick about the turnovers after the game.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    vick has gotta go. dude is completely inept at making pre-snap reads and checks at the line. then of course he is a turnover machine. eagles dominated that game yesterday. with a real qb they win by double digits. put foles in already.

from peter king...

I think Andy Reid, after watching Mike Vick lose two more fumbles in the first quarter at Pittsburgh, has to be thinking about benching Vick. Not today, but soon, if Vick can't hold onto it. That's 11 turnovers in the first 17 quarters of the season.
    the quarterback doesn't take care of the ball.
    the coach abandons the run game despite a close score.
    the defense fails to get off the field on 3rd down.
    ultimately, andy reid loses to another decent afc team for the millionth time.

stop me if you've heard this one before.

:roll:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

the patriots are running the ball 50 times per game and appear to have the best offense in the league right now.

belichek noticed that his o line was struggling early and they were dealing with injuries so he adjusted some things and put his personell in a better position to succeed. what an amazing concept, huh?
    www.myspace.com

It's Ryan Howards fault :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

It's Ryan Howards fault :lol:

not funny

anyone blaming the defense has no clue what they're talking about
    pjhawks wrote:

the patriots are running the ball 50 times per game and appear to have the best offense in the league right now.

belichek noticed that his o line was struggling early and they were dealing with injuries so he adjusted some things and put his personell in a better position to succeed. what an amazing concept, huh?

wow so running the ball 50 times has more to do with them being the best offense in the league than having arguably the greatest quarterback off all time. dear lord :fp:

every time the Pats hand the ball off the defense should turn to the Pats bench and say 'thank you may i have another' because 100% of the time it's better for the defense when the Pats voluntarily take the ball out of Tom Brady's hands. and that's not even up for debate.

and the eagles have the same record as the pats so ultimately not a big difference at this point.

as for the eagles i thought running the ball more often would make pass blocking easier? isn't that that the argument you made for the past few years? that theory has been proven incorrect this season because this o-line stinks right now.

that being said i sure as heck don't want to throw the ball 80% of the time with this line at this point. although more running has lead to a lot less points. well that and a qb that has turned the ball over 7000 times in 5 weeks :evil:
  • Michael Vick is watching TV but he just fumbled the remote.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

wow so running the ball 50 times has more to do with them being the best offense in the league than having arguably the greatest quarterback off all time. dear lord :fp:

every time the Pats hand the ball off the defense should turn to the Pats bench and say 'thank you may i have another' because 100% of the time it's better for the defense when the Pats voluntarily take the ball out of Tom Brady's hands. and that's not even up for debate.

and the eagles have the same record as the pats so ultimately not a big difference at this point.

as for the eagles i thought running the ball more often would make pass blocking easier? isn't that that the argument you made for the past few years? that theory has been proven incorrect this season because this o-line stinks right now.

that being said i sure as heck don't want to throw the ball 80% of the time with this line at this point. although more running has lead to a lot less points. well that and a qb that has turned the ball over 7000 times in 5 weeks :evil:

1. bill belichek disagrees with you. it has clearly been the balanced attack that has saved them this year so far. after they got embarrassed by the cards at home and dealt with some injuries, they revamped and went run heavy. they lead the league in rushing attempts...and points scored. i love watching that team play. the 49ers and texans are operating in a similar fashion. those are the 3 dominant teams in the league right now. it is also the running game that will also prolong brady's career. bill belichek is a god damn genius.

2. well they are missing their left tackle (the best in the game) and their starting center dude. :lol: it seriously seems like you are not aware of this....anyway, their banged up line (and their injury prone qb) have been waaaaaaaaay more successful when they have come out with a balanced attack and stuck with it this year. all you have to do is compare the balanced attack in ravens and giants games to the other 3 for all the proof you need. i said in the beginning of the year, the key to our success is consistent, steady, game planning. so far we have seen the opposite of that.

early prediction for sunday (in addition to --pain--).....birds 41, lions 34. this has all the makings of a shootout.
    www.myspace.com
    1. bill belichek disagrees with you. it has clearly been the balanced attack that has saved them this year so far. after they got embarrassed by the cards at home and dealt with some injuries, they revamped and went run heavy. they lead the league in rushing attempts...and points scored. i love watching that team play. the 49ers and texans are operating in a similar fashion. those are the 3 dominant teams in the league right now. it is also the running game that will also prolong brady's career. bill belichek is a god damn genius.

2. well they are missing their left tackle (the best in the game) and their starting center dude. :lol: it seriously seems like you are not aware of this....anyway, their banged up line (and their injury prone qb) have been waaaaaaaaay more successful when they have come out with a balanced attack and stuck with it this year. all you have to do is compare the balanced attack in ravens and giants games to the other 3 for all the proof you need. i said in the beginning of the year, the key to our success is consistent, steady, game planning. so far we have seen the opposite of that.

early prediction for sunday (in addition to --pain--).....birds 41, lions 34. this has all the makings of a shootout.

1 - the definition of dominate must have changed if you consider a 3 and 2 team dominate.

1a - the reason the 49ers and texans are dominate has a hell of lot more to do with their defenses than their offenses. easier to play the running game when you dominate defenisively.

2 - i know the birds are missing their center and left tackle but they ain't coming back so why even bring it up? next man up has to get the job done. i guess you missed the part where i said i have no problem with them running the ball more this year and being more balanced. although you seem to dismiss that the birds scoring is way down with this new offense. if they don't start scoring more points this season is going to end in frustration.

2a - and if the eagles run the ball 30+ times there is no chance of scoring 41 points without defensives scores.
    pjhawks wrote:

1 - the definition of dominate must have changed if you consider a 3 and 2 team dominate.

1a - the reason the 49ers and texans are dominate has a hell of lot more to do with their defenses than their offenses. easier to play the running game when you dominate defenisively.

2 - i know the birds are missing their center and left tackle but they ain't coming back so why even bring it up? next man up has to get the job done. i guess you missed the part where i said i have no problem with them running the ball more this year and being more balanced. although you seem to dismiss that the birds scoring is way down with this new offense. if they don't start scoring more points this season is going to end in frustration.

2a - and if the eagles run the ball 30+ times there is no chance of scoring 41 points without defensive scores.
    Scoring is down because Vick has 11 turnovers. If we ran more with our ELITE RB then Mr turnover won't have the chance to fuck up at that moment.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

2a - and if the eagles run the ball 30+ times there is no chance of scoring 41 points without defensives scores.

1...haha. come on. watch the games. don't just look at the standings and stats on a monday morning. they just made this change after the cardinals game. and the texans are undefeated and the niners have outscored their opponets 76-3 in the last 2 weeks.

1a....yeah their defenses are great. ball control offense, solid defense. i love it. that's what i want here. it is easier to be dominant defensively if you have a team that controls the clock. it goes both ways. i've been saying this for years. the eagles defense is improved this year, and would look much better if the offense took better care of the ball. you take better care of the ball, generally, when you have a balanced attack.

2. why bring it up? jason peters is not only the best left tackle in the game, he very well can be considered this team's best player. it's a huge injury. and kelce turned into a solid center down the stretch last year. howard mudd gave him a lot of responsibilities to make adjustments at the line this year like he did with saturday in indy. that was supposed to take the pressure off of vick. both of those guys had a shot to be all pros this year. to overlook those 2 injuries is foolish and shows a lakc of knowledge in the game.

the scoring is down, sure. the thing is, they have not changed their offense much at all. other than in the 2 games i mentioned before, they passed like crazy in cleveland and scored 16 points. they passed like crazy in arizona and scored 6 points. they passed over 70% of the time in the 2nd half a couple days ago and scored 14 points. your correlation is not accurate.

2a. i said this week has all the makings of a shootout. meaning i see both teams passing a lot. it's the lions. but i'll refer you to the pats, niners, and texans as proof that, yes, you can score a lot of points with a balanced attack. the key is implementing said balanced attack which andy reid has not done on a consistent basis.

by the way, the eagles are in first place. doesn't feel like, but they are. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

2. why bring it up? jason peters is not only the best left tackle in the game, he very well can be considered this team's best player. it's a huge injury. and kelce turned into a solid center down the stretch last year. howard mudd gave him a lot of responsibilities to make adjustments at the line this year like he did with saturday in indy. that was supposed to take the pressure off of vick. both of those guys had a shot to be all pros this year. to overlook those 2 injuries is foolish and shows a lakc of knowledge in the game.

no shit sherlock. i'm not denying losing peters and kelce is huge but the point is they are not coming back so you damn well better find a solution. why obsess over those 2 whe they aren't playing for this team this year? i can't be concerned with guys NOT on the field. thats reality dude, not lack of knowledge. do you obsess at work over workers who have left or are out sick or do you have people step up and do their jobs?

and is worshipping at the alter of another teams coach fraud behavior? just wondering since you are the self-appointed expert on fraud fan behavior.
    pjhawks wrote:

no shit sherlock. i'm not denying losing peters and kelce is huge but the point is they are not coming back so you damn well better find a solution. why obsess over those 2 whe they aren't playing for this team this year? i can't be concerned with guys NOT on the field. thats reality dude, not lack of knowledge. do you obsess at work over workers who have left or are out sick or do you have people step up and do their jobs?

and is worshipping at the alter of another teams coach fraud behavior? just wondering since you are the self-appointed expert on fraud fan behavior.

obsessing? you are the one who brought the line up and said they sucked without acknowledging they were missing 2 of their best players. :lol: the reason the o line isn't as good as they should be is because of those 2 injuries. so the way you maximize what you have left is by calling a balanced game plan...like the patriots have done. boom--there is the solution i have been advocating the whole time. you paying attention? :?

regarding belichek, i just appreciate greatness. and wish we had it here.

i'm assuming you agree with all my other points then. good.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com

GO BIRDS!

i don't appreciate cheating scumbags so i'd rather not have Belichek here. as i said last year not sure how anyone can support a coach caught and convicted of cheating against his favorite team in the super bowl.
    and he hasn't won a title, even with arguably the greatest qb of all time, since he got caught cheating which is pretty interesting.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks wrote:
    and he hasn't won a title, even with arguably the greatest qb of all time, since he got caught cheating which is pretty interesting.

actually think they haven't won because of brady ... guy has not played well in the last few post seasons ... but continue on ... :corn:
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

actually think they haven't won because of brady ... guy has not played well in the last few post seasons ... but continue on ... :corn:

maybe because they haven't been able to steal the defensive signals like they did in the super bowl against the eagles? :D
    Its funny how all this info is coming out about the bounty suspensions but we barely got any info on spygate and they destroyed the evidence.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:

GO BIRDS!

i don't appreciate cheating scumbags so i'd rather not have Belichek here. as i said last year not sure how anyone can support a coach caught and convicted of cheating against his favorite team in the super bowl.

greatness is what i wish we had here. belichek or otherwise. sick and tired of a coach still making the same mistakes after 13 years.

i guess you have conceded all the rest of your ridiculous points then? thanks for playing, as always.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

good point. possibly another reason for them going back to a balanced attack. can only help in the postseason.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

good point. possibly another reason for them going back to a balanced attack. can only help in the postseason.

only philadelphia fans would blame arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. :fp: and ask to take the ball out of his hands more often. dear god :fp:
    Pjhawks might be crazier then the fixer when it comes to Howard. One thing has stayed the same in 13yrs my friend :?
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.