THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Pjhawks might be crazier then the fixer when it comes to Howard. One thing has stayed the same in 13yrs my friend :?

yes winning games at a much higher rate than any other sustained era in franchise history. that's a fact and not an opinion by the way.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    Pjhawks might be crazier then the fixer when it comes to Howard. One thing has stayed the same in 13yrs my friend :?

yes winning games at a much higher rate than any other sustained era in franchise history. that's a fact and not an opinion by the way.
    Winning Titles is the name of the game. Being good means shit if you were never great.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

Winning Titles is the name of the game. Being good means shit if you were never great.

sports is entertainment and if you are only entertained and satisfied by championships then you are going to be severely disappointed an awful lot as a sports fan. we all want a title but you can't snap your fingers and get one.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    actually think they haven't won because of brady ... guy has not played well in the last few post seasons ... but continue on ... :corn:

good point. possibly another reason for them going back to a balanced attack. can only help in the postseason.

only philadelphia fans would blame arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. :fp: and ask to take the ball out of his hands more often. dear god :fp:

i think polaris is from canada.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

some people just accept mediocrity (and cling to stuff that happened during george bush's first term in office)
    www.myspace.com

some people just accept mediocrity (and cling to stuff that happened during george bush's first term in office)

oh you mean like belichek's last title which came in the season at the end of georgie's 1st term? dope :fp:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

you make asinine statements like this and don't bring anything to back them up.

beat it turd

I'm staying out of this one but aren't you the same guy who wanted the phils to finish 500 this year? and thought last year was great because they won over 100 games...even though they shit hte bed in round 1 of playoffs? and considered the sixers finishing 500 to be a successful season?

just sayin

as for reid, I honestly believe that his biggest fault is his loyalty to his QBs who have obviously lacked the winning gene. I hope he gets a shot with foles for the next year or two. If that doesn't put the birds back into SB contention, then it might be time to move on. Objective one should be getting rid of the loser they currently have starting under center
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i love a good Howard debate. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    anyone know what time xfinity opens up on sunday? the fixer got talked into attending the game on sunday. honestly don't care if I enter the linc. my buddy got the tix and they are not good seats. I'd rather just hang at the bar and watch all the games
    81 wrote:
    i love a good Howard debate. :lol:

there really isn't anything to debate. the guy blows
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:
    anyone know what time xfinity opens up on sunday? the fixer got talked into attending the game on sunday. honestly don't care if I enter the linc. my buddy got the tix and they are not good seats. I'd rather just hang at the bar and watch all the games

I've never been there but I'd appreciate a review of the place for a home Eagles game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:
    as for reid, I honestly believe that his biggest fault is his loyalty to his QBs

I think loyalty overall is his biggest problem. Not pulling the plug soon enough on things/players when they aren't working out. I believe this leads to the lack of half-time adjustments amongst other things.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I've never been there but I'd appreciate a review of the place for a home Eagles game.

We will def be there pre-game. Guys I'm going with will most likely want to go to our seats...unless I can do some persuading. Though the 1:00 game slate this week is pretty terrible.

Either way I will have a detailed report on monday
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    as for reid, I honestly believe that his biggest fault is his loyalty to his QBs

I think loyalty overall is his biggest problem. Not pulling the plug soon enough on things/players when they aren't working out. I believe this leads to the lack of half-time adjustments amongst other things.

eagles are outscoring opponents 56-42 in 2nd half. Reid isn't perfect, but I think a lot of the criticism he deals with is unwarranted. My biggest issues with him are

1 - Loyalty to QBs who stink
    2 - Goal line offense

I honestly believe that the time out/time management crap people continuosly bring up is more on the QB than the coach. If Darth Loser knew how to make a pre-snap read or call a check, they wouldn't have to burn so many TO's.

All things considered I think reid has done a phenomenal job putting this roster together, as well as leading this team to a 3-2 record in the face of inept QB play. I just hope the dummy fans don't run him outta town before he gets a legit shot with foles (who should be playing now. no point in staying with vick)
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

We will def be there pre-game. Guys I'm going with will most likely want to go to our seats...unless I can do some persuading. Though the 1:00 game slate this week is pretty terrible.

Either way I will have a detailed report on monday

Thanks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

eagles are outscoring opponents 56-42 in 2nd half. Reid isn't perfect, but I think a lot of the criticism he deals with is unwarranted. My biggest issues with him are

1 - Loyalty to QBs who stink
    2 - Goal line offense

I honestly believe that the time out/time management crap people continuosly bring up is more on the QB than the coach. If Darth Loser knew how to make a pre-snap read or call a check, they wouldn't have to burn so many TO's.

All things considered I think reid has done a phenomenal job putting this roster together, as well as leading this team to a 3-2 record in the face of inept QB play. I just hope the dummy fans don't run him outta town before he gets a legit shot with foles (who should be playing now. no point in staying with vick)
    I'm a fan of Reid. How do we only muster 2 scoring drives v. Pitt but Tenn gets 6. Even with the 2 TO's, we didn't do much. Special teams are a disaster. When was the last blocked punt or kick? When was the last punt or kick return? On top off of all that we can't cover or kick the ball in the end zone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm a fan of Reid. How do we only muster 2 scoring drives v. Pitt but Tenn gets 6. Even with the 2 TO's, we didn't do much. Special teams are a disaster. When was the last blocked punt or kick? When was the last punt or kick return? On top off of all that we can't cover or kick the ball in the end zone.

I don't think you can use that rationale for the pitt games. NFL is a week to week thing. A lot of variables go into a given performance from week to week (injuries, scheduling quirks, rest, etc). Or you can go with the obvious and just say that vick stinks.

specials have been bad. I think a lot of that has to do with having such a young team. I'm confident that that group will show improvement as the year goes on. desean vs the ginas might have been the last kick return for a td...you're right, that was a while ago.

bottom line is that this team is going to be good/mediocre until they make a change at qb. not sure if foles is the answer, but I'd rather find out now than have to watch vick destroy yet another season. we all know they aren't winning anything with him
    The Fixer wrote:

beat it turd
    Called a joke buddy, hence the :? And thanks for the name calling at least you didn't make fun of my heart condition this time.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

beat it turd
    Called a joke buddy, hence the :? And thanks for the name calling at least you didn't make fun of my heart condition this time.

forgot how sensitive you are

sorry sweetheart
    forgot how sensitive you are

sorry sweetheart

Yeah almost dying and spending 6 days in a hospital,having 2 procedures and being told I might need a heart transplant. I Wonder why im sensitive and called some dude on a message board a name after he ran his mouth about something he has no clue about. :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Yeah almost dying and spending 6 days in a hospital,having 2 procedures and being told I might need a heart transplant. I Wonder why im sensitive and called some dude on a message board a name after he ran his mouth about something he has no clue about. :roll:

He called you a turd. BFD

Vick just fumbled the dog.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    another terrible clock management at the end of the half. they should have at least been able to get a field goal :fp:
    how about the clock management at the end of regulation too? i don't see how you come out of that situation with all 3 timeouts left. they could have used a couple of them, forced detroit to kick and still have gotten the ball back with around 20 seconds or so with a timeout left. possibly enough time to take a shot or to to get into field goal range. you'd think a guy who has been coaching for 14 years would have had that kind of foresight. so frustrating. they did not deserve to win that game.

what's left to say? it just physically hurts to be a fan of this football team. i can't even enjoy myself down there each week. you just cringe at the unbalanced and unimaginative play calling, the lack of execution, the lack of adjustments (or in the case of juan castillo--the use of an adjustment when it was absolutely not warranted--this guy should not be a defensive coordinator in the nfl), the mismanagement of the clock....watching the same mistakes happen without being corrected quarter after quarter, week after week, year after year, decade after decade.....is just so fucking exhausting.

thank god for the bye week.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm staying out of this one but aren't you the same guy who wanted the phils to finish 500 this year? and thought last year was great because they won over 100 games...even though they shit hte bed in round 1 of playoffs? and considered the sixers finishing 500 to be a successful season?

just sayin

as for reid, I honestly believe that his biggest fault is his loyalty to his QBs who have obviously lacked the winning gene. I hope he gets a shot with foles for the next year or two. If that doesn't put the birds back into SB contention, then it might be time to move on. Objective one should be getting rid of the loser they currently have starting under center

no. :lol: of course not. that is ridiculous. when they were 14 under .500 you want to see them get to that .500 point and then take things from there. it's called setting a goal. that was the first goal. they got there, but ultimately failed.

and last year's phils regular season was fucking awesome. it unfortunately ending terribly. but the ride to the end was awesome though. nobody, but you apparently, argues that.

the sixers finishing over .500 last year marked the 2nd straight year of improvement (the opposite of the trend reid has guided his team) under the current regime. if you had a realistic expectation going in, you were happy with that. this year, the expectations will be much higher so that will not be enough. expectations depend on where you are at with a franchise. you know this.

andy reid has had 14 years now. he coaches the team. he selects the players. he selects the coaching staff. if they do not go deep in the playoffs, he does not deserve a shot to see what foles (what would be his 4th qb in 5 years) can do. the man has not won a playoff game since his last contract extension. he drafted poorly for an entire decade defensively, which is the main reason they have deveolved from a tough stingy unit to one perceived as quick but weak--and who gives up 4th quarter leads on a regular basis. plus he promoted a guy to defensive coordinator who has no business doing that (the loyalty thing i guess) at this level. i've had enough. felt enough. said enough. push me, pul....
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    thank goodness I did not stick around to watch the end of it. but your comments could apply to any of the eagles games and echo what we can all see. I am no expert in football, just a viewer of it on TV, but the playcalls are always terrible - they consistently try plays that are too difficult for Vick to execute, he just cannot process all his options in the time he has in the pocket. they need to call plays that are more 'west coast', that is, quick throws, slant patterns, RUNNING PLAYS for Pete's sake!!!!! they have one of the best runners in the game, why not give it to him on first down?!?!? it boggles the mind - they try for 12-15 yards on a passing play on 1st down, they dont make it and what do they do? do they try to run it and at least get 3-4 yards?? no, try again for the 12-15 on 2nd down :fp: so now here they are again, 3rd and 10, and guess what they do?? yup, same try for 12-15 yards :fp: give it to McCoy on 1st down, get 3-4 yards, hell give it to him again on 2nd down and maybe then they only need 2 yards on 3rd down. so then try a quick slant pass or, or, or.....give it to McCoy again!!!! sheesh, this isn't that hard......do what works until it doesn't work and then try something different. you are not out-thinking anyone! and also do plays that Vick does not need to think hard and long about before he tries to run (with receivers wide open that he missed!) or he gets sacked again.....and again

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    Oh boy. I don't even know where to start. Maybe we can start with the opening drive in which Shady doesn't touch the ball. Or the fact that DeSean had a carry before Shady. 3 games without a sack, how is that possible?

It's time to clean house, Roseman, Reid, Marty, Juan, Washburn, Mudd, etc. Who was still available when we drafted Watkins, what a turd?

I'm finally tired of this shit.

Oh, great move of cutting the punter and bringing in another shitbird punter with a bad leg.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Oh boy. I don't even know where to start. Maybe we can start with the opening drive in which Shady doesn't touch the ball. Or the fact that DeSean had a carry before Shady. 3 games without a sack, how is that possible?

It's time to clean house, Roseman, Reid, Marty, Juan, Washburn, Mudd, etc. Who was still available when we drafted Watkins, what a turd?

I'm finally tired of this shit.

Oh, great move of cutting the punter and bringing in another shitbird punter with a bad leg.

57 called passes for vick. this is not how you utilize this guy! 14 runs for mccoy. yes, we know he struggled running early...he struggled early against the giants too. you have the lead in the 4th quarter and you still pass the ball---well what happens? same shit that happened last week and same shit that happened all season last year.

i can't put my frustrations into words. its just so ironic that he constantly talks about putting his players in the best position to make plays when he literally does the opposite on a weekly basis.

so much talent is being wasted here.
    www.myspace.com
    and by the way, just in case anyone missed it: the eagles had nnamdi on megatron for the first 3 quarters. essentially shadowing him for all of about 3 plays. phenomenal job by nnaamdi. i was watching him all day long and thought it was the best he has looked since he came here. held him 2 catches. he was non factor. nnamdi looked like the all pro we paid him to be..................then the 4th quarter comes along and juan castillo decides to change that strategy. i guess because the lions were expecting it to continue? :wtf: without being blanketed, johnson then catches 4 huge passes in the 4th and ot. it shouldn't matter if the lions were expecting it---it was working!

this is the problem with an offensive line coach trying to coordinate a defense. 2 weeks in a row, his unit has blown 4th quarter leads a year after setting the record for 4th quarter blown leads last year. instead of pressuring big ben last week, they went to a cover 2 (essentially a prevent defense) and failed to get off the field on 3rd and 12.

they still don't have an identity. jaun castillo lets the offense dictate to him how he calls plays....same way andy reid works on offense. no identity.

solid promotion, andy.
    www.myspace.com
    and by the way, just in case anyone missed it: the eagles had nnamdi on megatron for the first 3 quarters. essentially shadowing him for all of about 3 plays. phenomenal job by nnaamdi. i was watching him all day long and thought it was the best he has looked since he came here. held him 2 catches. he was non factor. nnamdi looked like the all pro we paid him to be..................then the 4th quarter comes along and juan castillo decides to change that strategy. i guess because the lions were expecting it to continue? :wtf: without being blanketed, johnson then catches 4 huge passes in the 4th and ot. it shouldn't matter if the lions were expecting it---it was working!

this is the problem with an offensive line coach trying to coordinate a defense. 2 weeks in a row, his unit has blown 4th quarter leads a year after setting the record for 4th quarter blown leads last year. instead of pressuring big ben last week, they went to a cover 2 (essentially a prevent defense) and failed to get off the field on 3rd and 12.

they still don't have an identity. jaun castillo lets the offense dictate to him how he calls plays....same way andy reid works on offense. no identity.

solid promotion, andy.

wait the defense isn't as good as the super bowl champs anymore?

as i said last week defense is too soft. no playmakers. better than last year but you cannot win in the NFL without getting sacks and turnovers. 10 point lead with just over 4 minutes and we let a backup white tight end beat us 50 yards downfield. awful.

castillo calls the defense like a pussy. after 25 years of buddy ryan, bud carson and jim johnson to watch a defense sit back and not attack is not fun. at some point your D has to make positive plays. it's basically bend but don't break at this point. and i hate the philosophy

other than the overtime drive not sure how the offense takes much blame here. celek droppign the one TD was bad but he took a beating yesterday and the interference call taking back the td was a complete joke.

saw a stat last week that the eagles have one of the worst average starting field positions in the nfl. they haven't started a drive inside the opponents territory after week 1 because the defense doesn't get turnovers and the return game sucks. their average td scoring drive is something like 70 yards per. at some piont the D or kicking game has to give the offense some help

and someone tell DRC he looks like an utter clown with the colored glasses with no lenses in them.
This discussion has been closed.