THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mca47 wrote:
    Vick had so many terrible reads. Yeah, I know it's easy to see from the stands, but I was amazed at how long he held on to the ball. He had guys open on check downs on almost every play he was scrambling. He missed a number of one on one matchups as well.

You hit the nail right on the head. The dude flat out sucks at his job. As for desean, we are used to his half assed effort

Complete ass kicking yesterday. Gotta say if it had to happen against someone, I'm glad it was kevin kolb. Good for him...as Sarge would say, 'continued success'

sucks the ginas have 10 days to prep for sunday night. should be a fun game coming up
  • So...

Hope we come up big and beat the Giants?

or hope Vick blows again so we can get Foles in there?

I just don't know what to think of all this...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    The Fixer wrote:

You hit the nail right on the head. The dude flat out sucks at his job. As for desean, we are used to his half assed effort

if only you could get those two, plus Howard, out on a boat.... :think:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

if only you could get those two, plus Howard, out on a boat.... :think:

I don't hate howard. I think he is comically overrated, but he seems like a good dude who always tries his best. The other two are just knuckleheads...and in vicks' case, a guy who has never been good and certainly never will be. at least howard had some kick ass seasons in his prime
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    how much would eagles fans and the philly media heads explode if the eagle QB was sacked 8 TIMES in the 1st half like Aaron Rodgers was last night? i can only imagine the horror here :fp:
  • pjhawks wrote:
    how much would eagles fans and the philly media heads explode if the eagle QB was sacked 8 TIMES in the 1st half like Aaron Rodgers was last night? i can only imagine the horror here :fp:

I posted in the Packers thread, wondering why they consulted Andy Reid on the first half play calling. It was horrendous. What's your point anyway?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

I posted in the Packers thread, wondering why they consulted Andy Reid on the first half play calling. It was horrendous. What's your point anyway?

my point is most of the NFL coaches do the same as Andy. it's the way the game is played today. reading the fan and media comments after losses around here you would think it was 1976 and andy was the only coach throwing the ball 35-45 times a game. almost every team does it like that.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

my point is most of the NFL coaches do the same as Andy. it's the way the game is played today. reading the fan and media comments after losses around here you would think it was 1976 and andy was the only coach throwing the ball 35-45 times a game. almost every team does it like that.

the difference is mike mccarthy made adjustments at halftime and they should have won that game.

another huge difference is mike mccarthy has the best quarterback in the game along with a so-so running game. andy reid has a so-so quarterback and one of the best running backs in the game.

you're learning. it will take time. (same goes for andy reid apparently :x )
    www.myspace.com
    my fellow eagles fans,

i'm stating the obvious here, but the eagles can and will win this game if they win the turnover battle. how do you win the turnover battle?

on defense, get to eli early. duh. he's due for a 2 int game.

on offense, come into the game with a balanced game plan like they had against the ravens. it cannot be overstated that lesean mccoy is the best player on this team. he needs to be featured waay more than he has been. utilize a lot of 3 set drops. bring in clay harbor for 2 tight end sets (this obviously helps the o line too). the no huddle was affective in that game too (makes tons of sense to abandon it against az right? :x ).

saw a stat this week that said vick's record when making over 35 pass attempts is 5-17. the sooner andy reid realizes he doesn't have aaron rogers under the center, the sooner this team will start approaching their potential. vick can be effective if reid puts him in position to be effective. i'd like to see them get him out of the pocket with some bootlegs early. short passing game--get some easy one's out of the way early instead of calling 3 straight bombs to start the game like he did last week.

they can win this game with smart coaching. smart coaching leads to smart playing. will this happen? i don't know. i do think this going to be close all the way to the end. think it's a 3 point game either way. the line is set correctly, in my opinion.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    pretty good game so far. Go Eagles.

What the hell is wrong with thri return team specials? Can't seem to tackle :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • What the hell is wrong with thri return team specials? Can't seem to tackle :roll:

I think you mean your coverage team and not return team. Whatever you want to call it, they do seem to be having some difficulty.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • game over

giants win
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    What the hell is wrong with thri return team specials? Can't seem to tackle :roll:

I think you mean your coverage team and not return team. Whatever you want to call it, they do seem to be having some difficulty.

:lol: yeah i did

not gonna say we got lucky, but......
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • game over

giants win

Too bad nobody told the Giants.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    my fellow eagles fans,

i'm stating the obvious here, but the eagles can and will win this game if they win the turnover battle. how do you win the turnover battle?

on defense, get to eli early. duh. he's due for a 2 int game.

on offense, come into the game with a balanced game plan like they had against the ravens. it cannot be overstated that lesean mccoy is the best player on this team. he needs to be featured waay more than he has been. utilize a lot of 3 set drops. bring in clay harbor for 2 tight end sets (this obviously helps the o line too). the no huddle was affective in that game too (makes tons of sense to abandon it against az right? :x ).

saw a stat this week that said vick's record when making over 35 pass attempts is 5-17. the sooner andy reid realizes he doesn't have aaron rogers under the center, the sooner this team will start approaching their potential. vick can be effective if reid puts him in position to be effective. i'd like to see them get him out of the pocket with some bootlegs early. short passing game--get some easy one's out of the way early instead of calling 3 straight bombs to start the game like he did last week.

they can win this game with smart coaching. smart coaching leads to smart playing. will this happen? i don't know. i do think this going to be close all the way to the end. think it's a 3 point game either way. the line is set correctly, in my opinion.

GO BIRDS.

aaand there you have it. thanks for reading my post today andy. football is pretty simple really. a balanced attack leads to better qb play and less turnovers. chicken/egg.

fantastic game by mike vick. kudo's to andy for sticking with the run game after a shaky start.

please pm for my thoughts on the steelers game.

go. birds.
    www.myspace.com
    thoughts and observations:

1) - I give the running game a B-Minus for the game. I admit the way the game was played last night dictated more runs than normal so I can live with it. of course everyone want's to praise the running game but it produced ZERO TDs which is normally not good enough in today's NFL. It was ok in the 1st half, very good in the second half but 0 for 5 trying to rush for TDs inside the 10. you simply can't score enough points running the ball a lot in the nfl today which has always been my argument. Eagles 19 points tied for the lowest point total to win a game in the NFL yesterday.
    2) - why was mccoy not on the field (unless he was in split out which i didn't see) on 2nd and goal from the 5 on the last drive when the ball went to brown?
    3) - at least 75% of the big plays against the eagles defense this year can be attributed to Kurt Coleman being out of position. he is awful
    4) - every coach tries to ice the kicker and it doesn't work in the NFL. I much rather have a team hurrying to get on the field and do the kick than call a timeout.
    5) - 3 rookie defenders are keepers with Cox and Hendricks looking like future stars
    6) - DRC and Ashomghua have close coverage but they use their hands an awful lot and are close to getting penalties on almost every play
    7) - how the hell how the eagles beaten the giants 8 out of the last 9 now?
    8) - our rookie kickoff returner was supposed to one of the best ever in college. i'm not seeing it
    9) - NFL coaches and QBs waste way too many timeouts. i know that is a big beef people have with Reid but it's an epidemic in the NFL. Sometimes you have to just take the 5 yard penalty instead of wasting a timeout before the 4th quarter. There was no chance the game wasn't coming down to the last minute last night.
    10) - everytime Bob Costas open his mouth I want to punch him in the face
    11) - Cris Collinsworth is a kind of a dick too
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

1) - I give the running game a B-Minus for the game. I admit the way the game was played last night dictated more runs than normal so I can live with it. of course everyone want's to praise the running game but it produced ZERO TDs which is normally not good enough in today's NFL. It was ok in the 1st half, very good in the second half but 0 for 5 trying to rush for TDs inside the 10. you simply can't score enough points running the ball a lot in the nfl today which has always been my argument. Eagles 19 points tied for the lowest point total to win a game in the NFL yesterday.

It sucked the 1st half not even close to ok. It was great in the 2nd half,that old formation called the I looked good. And holy shit a FB that actually blocked :shock: You just don't get it when it comes to running the ball. We DONT have an Elite passing qb, but WE DO have an Elite RB. If we didn't change the game plan we would have lost. It was nice to see adjustments for once.

The reason they ran it 5 times is because Andy has no confidence Vick after last week. Turnover after turnover led to that last night. And I have no problem with that and hope it continues. Tell the Hou Texans you can't win by playing smash mouth football. There passing game is made 100000% by Foster and Tate and havn a legit Def helps as well.

All in all they played a good game. I just fear that Reid goes back to a 70-30 ratio against a rested Pitt Def. Nfc east games are always tight. This week will determine if this team is for real imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawks wrote:

2) - why was mccoy not on the field (unless he was in split out which i didn't see) on 2nd and goal from the 5 on the last drive when the ball went to brown?
    3) - at least 75% of the big plays against the eagles defense this year can be attributed to Kurt Coleman being out of position. he is awful
    4) - every coach tries to ice the kicker and it doesn't work in the NFL. I much rather have a team hurrying to get on the field and do the kick than call a timeout.
    5) - 3 rookie defenders are keepers with Cox and Hendricks looking like future stars
    6) - DRC and Ashomghua have close coverage but they use their hands an awful lot and are close to getting penalties on almost every play
    8) - our rookie kickoff returner was supposed to one of the best ever in college. i'm not seeing it
    9) - NFL coaches and QBs waste way too many timeouts. i know that is a big beef people have with Reid but it's an epidemic in the NFL. Sometimes you have to just take the 5 yard penalty instead of wasting a timeout before the 4th quarter. There was no chance the game wasn't coming down to the last minute last night.

Re #4- This is one of the dumbest trends in all of sports.
    Re #7- I was shocked to hear that.
    Re #11 - Dude, you're really trying to say that the offensive PI was questionable? The guy fucking mugged
    Asumwa.

I liked the way replacement officials called the passing game. Now the NFL's mandated "offensive bias" is back. :roll:

nice win last night, but those prime time games are absolutely brutal. I prefer some football with my commercials. Collinsworth and Michaels are fantastic though. Love listening to them call games.

Agree that the real refs suck. Some of the 4th qtr calls (both ways) were horrendous.

Eagles played well for the most part. The vick we saw last night is the best we can hope for. He still had trouble with some throws/reads, but he actually looked like he was picking his spots to run for first downs, rather than just taking off every other play. And, of course, no turnovers for once. I'll give him some credit, he had a decent game. Hopefully he can break his career trend and show some consistency (in a positive way...he usually consistently sucks) and build off of last night.

Also agree that the icing the kicker thing is dumb. Gives the kicker a free practice kick since smart teams always snap the ball anyway.

Kick coverage needs work. And as usual, so does the goal line offense. I'm not a big fan of those howard mudd stretch plays on the goal line. Just run a FB lead or HB wham play and ram it in there. I really thought they were going to lose after that terrible vick bootleg call on 3rd down.

Kinda lucky at the end, but a win's a win. It's been ugly but 3-1 is all that matters.
    pjhawks wrote:

the guy who drives me crazy is nate allen. he is such a pussy. That one play to bennett got called back (would have been something like a 30 yard gain), but allen looked like sean consadine trying to tackle. I think I saw bennett laugh at him when he bounced off
    pjhawks wrote:

Re #4- This is one of the dumbest trends in all of sports.
    Re #7- I was shocked to hear that.
    Re #11 - Dude, you're really trying to say that the offensive PI was questionable? The guy fucking mugged
    Asumwa.

I liked the way replacement officials called the passing game. Now the NFL's mandated "offensive bias" is back. :roll:

i agree with you totally on these

Always great to see the Cowgirls lose this big on prime time national tv too :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the guy who drives me crazy is nate allen. he is such a pussy. That one play to bennett got called back (would have been something like a 30 yard gain), but allen looked like sean consadine trying to tackle. I think I saw bennett laugh at him when he bounced off

allen also had the brutal tackle at the end of the half on bennett where he threw him out of bounds instead of getting him down in the field of play when the giants had no TOs left. he got him about 5 yards from the sideline and couldn't bring him down.
  • Always great to see the Cowgirls lose this big on prime time national tv too :D

They blow. Even if they are a "flagship franchise". :?

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    No more night games for this guy. The parking situation sucks balls and I'm getting to old for it. It was fun but the next couple days suffer. I guess I could go and not drink but the late night crap is still a hassle. :oops:

The 16.5ppg must increase soon.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

allen also had the brutal tackle at the end of the half on bennett where he threw him out of bounds instead of getting him down in the field of play when the giants had no TOs left. he got him about 5 yards from the sideline and couldn't bring him down.

we might be talking about the same play...or allen may have missed multiple tackles. I may have missed some plays because I was sleeping or flipping channels during the 3 billionth commercial (seriously, for a close game vs a rival, wasn't that a boring ass game? after it ended I was glad the eagles won, but I was more relieved that I didn't have to watch it anymore).

not sure if coleman/allen are that bad or if we are just spoiled after watching dawkins for so long. is it asking too much to have safeties who can cover AND tackle????

tough spot this week out in shittsburgh. shitts at home and coming off a bye after a brutal loss to oakland...eagles going on the road after a huge prime time win over a rival. I don't think pitt is as good as they have been over the last few years, but I will be surprised if the eagles win this week. eagles are the better team, but it's a tough spot in the schedule for them
    for those interested in what the actual pass/run ratio looks like in the nfl this year:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... _stats.htm

...nfl average this year is still just under 55% of the time(no most coaches are not passing 45 times every game). 35 attempts is average and i think is about vick's limit considering he is 5-17 or something in games when attempting more than that amount. feed your shady. feed it.

this week will be tough. steelers are at home and coming off a loss. they clearly need this more than the eagles do. as i mentioned before the ravens game, andy reid's record against afc playoff teams is 3-15. so i am not super confident here.

win or lose, i just want to see 2 weeks in a row of a solid game plan. a balanced attack did wonders in the ravens and giants games. it allowed the o line to start to gel down the stretch the other night. it eased things up on vick and he played real well. it allowed shady to get in a rhythm and increased his confidence knowing they won't abandon it if things start slow. i was really impressed with them on sunday night. 2 weeks in a row, big red. show me something.

it also would be nice to see our stupid kicker kick the ball out of the end zone for once as well to help out our woeful special teams. how come every other team's kicker can do this but our's can't? no wonder he rarely is given a shot at a fg over 45 yards....

birds. go.
    www.myspace.com
  • Agree on the bad feeling about the ketchup game. Only good thing is the NFC seems to be dominating the AFC this year - I'll look up the numbers. It feels like the 80s again. :lol:

• NFC is 9-4.

NFC is 9-4.

and the steelers are having a down year.....still, i will be extremely impressed if they come away with a win on sunday.

like i said, i just want to see a solid game plan and it executed well for consecutive weeks. they need to build an identity.
    www.myspace.com
    Agree on the bad feeling about the ketchup game. Only good thing is the NFC seems to be dominating the AFC this year - I'll look up the numbers. It feels like the 80s again. :lol:

shitts -3.5

sounds about right
This discussion has been closed.