THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I just had a flashback to the TO/Ravens game, when TO did the Ray Ray dance after his TD. Good times.

halloween, 2004. :D

between the night before and the day/night of that game...it was one of the drunkest weekends of my entire night.good lord that was a disaster.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    I think it will be close but have a feeling the Ravens will win (On the positive side everytime i think we will lose we usually win ;):lol: )
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I have a feeling we'll be seeing Nick Foles at some point today. Vick should have thought about being the old Mike Vick next week. The Ravens def isn't what it once was but there still good. 24-17 Ravens i'm thinking but i wouldn't be shocked if we won either.
    Go Birds!!!!
    not pretty again, but a win is a win :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    9 turnovers and 2 wins. which football god are you guys blowing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    The right one :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    The right one :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fact check

#fact

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pretty impressive win. Besides the TOs, of course, I thought the team played great. Lot of heart and a great game for Vick. Glad I was wrong this week.

Next week will get beat in the 4th quarter because Kolb will tell his D all the plays that we still probably haven't changed.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I felt we outplayed the Ravens and I love Ryans and Kendricks. If that 4th & 2 pass was on target to Rice, Kendricks would've taken it to the house.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    thoughts on today before i head down to the linc....

people tend to overreact to week 1 results in the nfl. the ravens are pretty damn good football team but they are coming off a short week, tend to lose week 2 a lot, and have the pats to look forward to next week. vick certainly is not a great passer, but he's not nearly as bad as last week (of course we all know the play calling didn't help him). not having a preseason played a factor too.

both teams are vegas favorites to make deep runs in the post season. birds are at home. add all this up, that is why the line is what it is.

when reid gets overly drunk with the passing game, he usually gets back on the wagon and reigns it in... for at least a week or two before going on another bender. i think we will see some more balance today. need to see some more 3 step drops to just prevent vick from wanting to hold onto the ball too long. bengals had good success with screens on monday. we barely used them last week. look for this today. and they gotta mix in the long ball with djack and maclin to open up running lanes for shhhhhhhhhhhhady. also--i've ready multiple stuff this week about the birds completely trying something new...no huddle? sal pal was hinting that might be the reason for the closed practices this week. we'll see.

i'm really concerned about ngata going up against the fireman all day.

really interested to see how the defense does against a legit nfl offense. one who operates out of the no huddle a lot too. i don't think we can make a real judgement from what we saw last week. let's go juuuuuuan. he's a defensive guy.

i think the birds can win. i don't think they will. andy reid's record vs afc playoff teams (which the ravens should be) is 2-15. that is not a typo. i'm saying 27-20 ravens. hope i'm wrong.

GO BIRDS!!!!!

more balanced attack....check
    no huddle....check
    balanced attack leading to much improved play by vick...check
    2nd 4th quarter come back in a row....check
    an impressive performance by the defense against a quality opponent...check

ugly game but a good win against a good team none the less.

losing kelce for a significant amount of time is obviously going to hurt them. let's hope it's not as bad as we think it is.

ravens inexplicably got away from the run game in the 2nd half and it bit them in the ass. teams must have switched offensive play books at half time. fine by me! :lol:

the arizona kolbers next week. please don't do the typical eagles thing and lose a game you should win after winning a game you should lose. this has trap written all over it.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I felt we outplayed the Ravens and I love Ryans and Kendricks. If that 4th & 2 pass was on target to Rice, Kendricks would've taken it to the house.

absolutely. kendricks has a shot to be a star in this league...

that was the most fun i've had down there in years. linc was rocking
    www.myspace.com
  • I wonder how many times a team has won its first two games of the season by one point each.

I hate playing the Cardinals. They're the Eagles' equivalent of playing the Astros. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    I actually rooted for you fucks.....but only because the ravens are slightly more hateable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Kelce with a MCL tear and a partial ACL tear. Minimum out 4-6 weeks but mostly done for the year.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Pretty impressive win. Besides the TOs, of course, I thought the team played great. Lot of heart and a great game for Vick. Glad I was wrong this week.

Next week will get beat in the 4th quarter because Kolb will tell his D all the plays that we still probably haven't changed.

definitely wouldn't call it a great game for vick. it was a typical vick performance...make some unorthodox plays (that maclin TD was a pretty shitty throw considering how wide open he was), miss some easy plays, hold ball too long, unnecessarily run around, turn ball over.

overall that was a great game though. outside of the QB I really like this eagles squad. even desean strapped a pair on for this one

somehow 2-0. hopefully they can keep it going vs the cards
    I wonder how many times a team has won its first two games of the season by one point each.

:

one
    edited September 2012
    The Fixer wrote:
    Pretty impressive win. Besides the TOs, of course, I thought the team played great. Lot of heart and a great game for Vick. Glad I was wrong this week.

definitely wouldn't call it a great game for vick. it was a typical vick performance...make some unorthodox plays (that maclin TD was a pretty shitty throw considering how wide open he was), miss some easy plays, hold ball too long, unnecessarily run around, turn ball over.

you need to give credit where credit is due once in a while or you lose credibility. dude completed 72% of his passes, threw for 371 yards, and accounted for 2 touchdowns including the game winning drive for the 2nd week in row....all with two fifths of his o line down with injury. he was terrible last week, but pretty solid yesterday. without him, i don't think they win and that is really the bottom line.

reid and marty called a great balanced game and it did wonders for the qb. he's not arron rogers. he shouldn't be required to drop back and pass 55+ times a game.

2-0 for first time since 2004.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Kelce with a MCL tear and a partial ACL tear. Minimum out 4-6 weeks but mostly done for the year.

the lack of depth of the o line was a concern of mine coming into the season...this sucks.

i dont think watkins has looked good in pass protection yet either.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you need to give credit where credit is due once in a while or you lose credibility. dude completed 72% of his passes, threw for 371 yards, and accounted for 2 touchdowns including the game winning drive for the 2nd week in row....all with two fifths of his o line down with injury. he was terrible last week, but pretty solid yesterday. without him, i don't think they win and that is really the bottom line.

reid and marty called a great balanced game and it did wonders for the qb. he's not arron rogers. he shouldn't be required to drop back and pass 55+ times a game.

2-0 for first time since 2004.

I think people lose credibility when they say things like 'all vince young does is win games' :lol::lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    outside of the QB I really like this eagles squad.

gotta be kidding me with this. I guess I jinxed them when I posted above. No, No, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ladelphia/
    I can't see Lurie allowing Chad to play here. He took a big enough PR hit with Vick.

Kelce is on IR for the year. That sucks but every team loses a few guys a year and overcomes it. Just look at the Packers and Giants from the last 2 years.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Replacement ref to McCoy, "I need you for my fantasy team." :lol::lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... tasy-team/
  • Replacement ref to McCoy, "I need you for my fantasy team." :lol::lol:

That's ugly.

Anyone notice the "NFL official assistant" on the sideline yelling at the replacement officials?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Replacement ref to McCoy, "I need you for my fantasy team." :lol::lol:

That's ugly.

Anyone notice the "NFL official assistant" on the sideline yelling at the replacement officials?

How is this not approaching Tim Donaghy territory? I mean, what grown man plays fantasy football for fun without money on it?
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I can't see Lurie allowing Chad to play here. He took a big enough PR hit with Vick.

Kelce is on IR for the year. That sucks but every team loses a few guys a year and overcomes it. Just look at the Packers and Giants from the last 2 years.

yeah, it could be worse. the skins season ended on sunday (not that they had much to look forward to anyway since they still have Teeth as their coach)
    well, the Cards just simply outplayed us.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :fp:
    We need a guy like #58. He was all over the place and basically took that game over. We don't have a player like that. We have some very good D players but no one a team has to key on. Kendricks got schooled yesterday by some veteran TE's. Did we blitz any DB's throughout the game? I didn't notice but it could've happened while I was throwing up from the play calling. A "D" turnover would've been nice. I hope the Dawkins ceremony game turns out better than Reggie's.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    the chickens have come home to roost.....if you catch my drift.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I was at the game yesterday. I'm neither a Eagle or Cards fan, but a buddy had an extra ticket so I decided why not?
    Lots of Eagle fans there. Was pretty surprised how much green was spotted in the ocean of red.

What seemed clear to me as a non-fan and outside observer of that game outside of the fact that they were just out played...
    Vick had so many terrible reads. Yeah, I know it's easy to see from the stands, but I was amazed at how long he held on to the ball. He had guys open on check downs on almost every play he was scrambling. He missed a number of one on one matchups as well. D. Jackson looked as if he couldn't give a shit about the game. For a guy who is as fast as he is, it was crazy to see him almost jogging on routes and never making an attempt to help Vick out when he was scrambling. It seemed like he felt the play was over so he'd just rely on Vick to come up with something. Someone really needs to put a boot up that guy's ass! For as much money as he's making to put forth that kind of effort?!?! If I was an Eagles fan I'd be PISSED!

Anyways...I was hoping and thought the game would have been a lot closer. Either way, I had a good time.
This discussion has been closed.