THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    BIRDS!!!!! happy football season everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: bout time...

...the running game. we talk about it every year and this year is no different. reid has talked about using mccoy less to prolong his career. might be a smart thing but only if he utilizes the other guys instead of passing when he's not using mccoy. brown and polk were 2 solid picks. throw them in with lewis and the eagles have a chance to have a 3 or 4 headed monster/balanced attack, similiar to what they had back in 2003 (before andy reid decided wide receivers were important). let mccoy carry 18-20 or so times per game and intersperse the other guys 6-7 times to keep everyone fresh and keep defenses guessing. like i mentioned before, doing this will also keep your quarterback healthy. eagles blew so many 4th quarter leads last year not only because of the defense, but because they stopped running the ball. i'd like to see them utilize all these ground weapons and punish teams into submission when they have a lead. i hate when andy reid gets all cutesy and wildcaty on us. a little smash mouth has never hurt anyone. of course, can we expect reid to change after a decade and a half? i am not sure...but i would love to see it.

GO BIRDS!!

welcome back.............................................................to 1993 when running the ball was still important in the NFL. ignore the obvious signs at your own peril. :fp:

let me remind you that 3 of the last 4 years the worst rushign team in the NFL made it to the Super Bowl.

pass successfully and pressure the QB are the most important things in the game today and nothing else comes close.

and can't say reid should be gone based on winning or losing one game at this point. too many factors come into play when evaluating a coach at the end of the season. judge then not on some arbirtrary number thrown out before the season starts.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    BIRDS!!!!! happy football season everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: bout time...

...the running game. we talk about it every year and this year is no different. reid has talked about using mccoy less to prolong his career. might be a smart thing but only if he utilizes the other guys instead of passing when he's not using mccoy. brown and polk were 2 solid picks. throw them in with lewis and the eagles have a chance to have a 3 or 4 headed monster/balanced attack, similiar to what they had back in 2003 (before andy reid decided wide receivers were important). let mccoy carry 18-20 or so times per game and intersperse the other guys 6-7 times to keep everyone fresh and keep defenses guessing. like i mentioned before, doing this will also keep your quarterback healthy. eagles blew so many 4th quarter leads last year not only because of the defense, but because they stopped running the ball. i'd like to see them utilize all these ground weapons and punish teams into submission when they have a lead. i hate when andy reid gets all cutesy and wildcaty on us. a little smash mouth has never hurt anyone. of course, can we expect reid to change after a decade and a half? i am not sure...but i would love to see it.

GO BIRDS!!

welcome back.............................................................to 1993 when running the ball was still important in the NFL. ignore the obvious signs at your own peril. :fp:

let me remind you that 3 of the last 4 years the worst rushign team in the NFL made it to the Super Bowl.

pass successfully and pressure the QB are the most important things in the game today and nothing else comes close.

and can't say reid should be gone based on winning or losing one game at this point. too many factors come into play when evaluating a coach at the end of the season. judge then not on some arbirtrary number thrown out before the season starts.

figures you would pick just this out of a lengthy post. bradshaw was hurt in the regular season and the giants only won 9 games while winning a bad division. with a healthy bradshaw, the giants ran it 28 times per game in the post season (52% running plays). 60-40 (league average) is what i want. and want it to be consistent through the 4th quarter, unlike last year (blowing big leads isn't conducive to a good season).

and one game? ha. i'm saying that without a deep playoff run, the man does not deserve an extension...you know, considering he hasn't won a playoff game since his last extension. seems fair. make or break year for him, in year 14 :o , that is for sure.

GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    people are excited about foles because those with half a brain know that vick is a lost cause. they will never win a sb with a qb who has 2 career playoff wins (seriously, 2!!...and none since 2004!!).

I'd rather go 0-16 with foles than watch vick fuck up another season. we know that loser isnt' the answer...the sooner they move on, the better.

I wouldn't be surprised to see todd bowles take over as DC at some point during the year.

10-6. wild card. round 1 playoff win, lose in 2nd round. vick misses 5 games...foles is average, but shows potential and is the starter in '13, giving the franchise SB aspirations for the first time since mcnabb's prime years.
    Vick is absolutely horrendous. Just throw it deep every time since you can't read a defense, you fucking turd
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    this game is bad on both sides :fp:

go eagles!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    yeah can we put in foles now? :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    yeah can we put in foles now? :roll:

:thumbup:
    ugly, but I'll take it. hopefully that's as bad as they play all year
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mqdefault.jpg
    kevin kolb!!

will always be a guy I hope does well
    The Fixer wrote:
    fugly, but I'll take it. hopefully that's as bad as they play all year

fixed ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Man Vick and Reid were awful today. Lets throw throw throw against a team that sucks against the run. The only thing Clev does good is pass defend. Shady was ripping off yds almost every attempt. Yet Vick throws 54 times i think. And the only time Shady got multiple in a row was when we were down :roll:

As for Vick, I hoping it was his lack of reps that led to this disaster. Man was he bad,I'm not sure Foles is the answer but i'm deff sure Vick isn't. The def played great especially against the run. Ryans,Drc and Nnamdi looked very good. It's tough to say if we were that good or Clev was just that bad. I'd say it's both,but next week we'll see for sure.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Man Vick and Reid were awful today. Lets throw throw throw against a team that sucks against the run. The only thing Clev does good is pass defend. Shady was ripping off yds almost every attempt. Yet Vick throws 54 times i think. And the only time Shady got multiple in a row was when we were down :roll:

As for Vick, I hoping it was his lack of reps that led to this disaster. Man was he bad,I'm not sure Foles is the answer but i'm deff sure Vick isn't. The def played great especially against the run. Ryans,Drc and Nnamdi looked very good. It's tough to say if we were that good or Clev was just that bad. I'd say it's both,but next week we'll see for sure.

agree with pretty much everything here. crazy that mccoy had 20 carries. sure didn't seem like it. every time vick drops back is a train wreck

vick allowed more points than the defense

I'm just glad that game is over. not the most fun three and a half hours
    The Fixer wrote:
    Man Vick and Reid were awful today. Lets throw throw throw against a team that sucks against the run. The only thing Clev does good is pass defend. Shady was ripping off yds almost every attempt. Yet Vick throws 54 times i think. And the only time Shady got multiple in a row was when we were down :roll:

agree with pretty much everything here. crazy that mccoy had 20 carries. sure didn't seem like it. every time vick drops back is a train wreck

vick allowed more points than the defense

I'm just glad that game is over. not the most fun three and a half hours

what a unbelievable boring game that was. vick was atrocious. that was Vince Young or Mike McMahon worthy there. not sure how not having pre-season can cause you to completely miss half the defenders on the field. as bad as he has ever been here.

mccoy had 3 straight runs and had to come off the field because he was tired on that last drive. i don't get it. shouldn't be tired or winded after 3 plays.

worst offensive play call of the day was giving the ball to brown on the 5 on the last drive. if you are going to run it give it to mccoy there not a rookie who had one rush before that.

shurmer no genius on the sideline. should have went for 2 after the int td, and at least 2x i thought he should have went for it instead of kicking, one a punt early on at 4th and about a foot at midfield and one the field goal from the 4. you won only 4 games last year show some guts.

it's a W one closer to the 10 needed to make that playoffs but that browns team stinks. that's about a 3 win team.
    pjhawks wrote:

worst offensive play call of the day was giving the ball to brown on the 5 on the last drive. if you are going to run it give it to mccoy there not a rookie who had one rush before that.

best part of this play is that vick FINALLY decided to call an audible on that play. not only did he call the play to a rookie, but the defense was waiting for it.

the guy is dumb as a brick. inept at pre-snap reads (is there an nfl qb who does less at the line of scrimmage pre-snap???)...then struggles to read most coverages. he gets hit so much because when he drops back he has no clue what he's going to see in terms of blitz or coverage. then he holds the ball forever and/or runs around like an ass hole

the audible thing cracked me up though. pure comedy

hopefully the ravens win tomorrow night. dont want their defense angry when they show up next weekend
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    WOW. Offensively, that was bad. O-line was terrible and do I even need to mention Vick. On 2 of his picks if the 1st defender didn't catch it, then the next one would've. Who in their right mind is throwing to Clay Harbor in triple coverage? Shady looked awesome and had about 50-60 yards called back from penalties.

Since when is Wheeton the next Brady? Calling for a weak roughing the QB and getting the call. That was BS. Vick got hit 2 or 3 time in the head and nothing was called. I don't know if being an Eagles fan has made me biased but it seems like the African-American QB doesn't get nearly the roughing calls that Whitey gets. The same thing happened with 5.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Basically just more of the same shit we saw last year (and the last 12 years).

Throw the ball 56 times despite your (already mediocre) QB having a bad day and unable to tell the teams' jerseys apart. Ignore McCoy, despite his averaging a ridiculous number of yds per carry, WHILE YOU HAVE THE LEAD. Reid back to taking playcalling advice from pjhawks.

Blow 4th quarter leads with dumb turnovers and dumb playcalling.

It's going to take another 3 or 4 bad games for Vick before we get Foles in there. Let's see if we can ruin another season before moving on to a QB with potential to win a SB.

At least the defense was awesome. Continuing from the end of last year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Basically just more of the same shit we saw last year (and the last 12 years).

Throw the ball 56 times despite your (already mediocre) QB having a bad day and unable to tell the teams' jerseys apart. Ignore McCoy, despite his averaging a ridiculous number of yds per carry, WHILE YOU HAVE THE LEAD. Reid back to taking playcalling advice from pjhawks.

It's going to take another 3 or 4 bad games for Vick before we get Foles in there. Let's see if we can ruin another season before moving on to a QB with potential to win a SB.

you have zero chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB. i believe that no rookie starting qb has ever even made it to a Super Bowl. as bad as Vick was you still have a better chance with him today than Foles. he just needs to be a 1000x better than he was yesterday or last year.

ha love 1st week we are already complainging about not running the ball enough. between this and calling for a backup QB who has played nothing more than pre-season games you gotta love this town. monday's after eagles bad performances are pure comedy gold.

and i think the D is getting too much praise. If Weeden wasn't totally inept and missing 2 wide open receivers in the end zone you no one would be saying they were awesome. D was good and definitely looks better than last year though.

Observation: isn't it kind of ironic that the same people who complain about vick's turnovers (not saying the shouldn't be ripped for them) are the same ones who used to complain about McNabb never taking chances or throwing into coverage despite never turning the ball over.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    you have zero chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB.

That's the same chance you have with Vick.

How do you know what I used to say about McNabb? My main complaint about him was his throwing the ball at people's feet for the first quarter and a half of most games. Good thing was that the other team couldn't catch those either.

Vick looked like he thought his team was wearing white jerseys.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    you have zero chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB.

That's the same chance you have with Vick.

ding, ding, ding...we have a winner

I don't know if foles will be able to win a sb, but I think he will be a solid qb. We already know vick isn't good enough, so let's just move on.

Vick has 2 career playoff wins. Mind boggling to me when people say he gives them a better chance than foles
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Whatever happened to the quick slant? I only saw Wheedon attempt them yesterday?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawks wrote:
    Basically just more of the same shit we saw last year (and the last 12 years).

you have zero chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB. i believe that no rookie starting qb has ever even made it to a Super Bowl. as bad as Vick was you still have a better chance with him today than Foles. he just needs to be a 1000x better than he was yesterday or last year.

ha love 1st week we are already complainging about not running the ball enough. between this and calling for a backup QB who has played nothing more than pre-season games you gotta love this town. monday's after eagles bad performances are pure comedy gold.

and i think the D is getting too much praise. If Weeden wasn't totally inept and missing 2 wide open receivers in the end zone you no one would be saying they were awesome. D was good and definitely looks better than last year though.

Observation: isn't it kind of ironic that the same people who complain about vick's turnovers (not saying the shouldn't be ripped for them) are the same ones who used to complain about McNabb never taking chances or throwing into coverage despite never turning the ball over.
    We have NO CHANCE winning it with Vick. I'm not saying play Foles NOW but if this shit continues,we'll have no choice. Is Shady a weapon to you yet?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Is Shady a weapon to you yet?

Maybe he can throw the ball a few times. :lol:

The 80-pass football game. We can do this folks.

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    what, no dream team?
  • Is Shady a weapon to you yet?

Maybe he can throw the ball a few times. :lol:

The 80-pass football game. We can do this folks.
    I don't get his thought process. I can see The Fixer's dislike for Howard. His contract and decline,although we differ at what solid production is. PJHawks view on Mccoy make no sense at all. The dude is a matchup nightmare. We don't have a Brees,Manning,Brady or Rodgers. We have a small QB who wants to run and make every play difficult for some reason. Those teams that pass all the time have Wr's with size also. We lack that besides Cooper and well he's Cooper. This typical Philly hating there own is weak. It's more like Philly fans are sick of the same bull shit year after year.

Clev was the 2nd or 3rd def against the pass last year. They were also that bad against the run. So the genius coach decides to drop pack a QB who is rusty,short and declining 61 times :roll: It's like me hiring a HVAC service tech to answer phones,instead of going out in the field because I had a hunch. It's been to long and I can't take it anymore.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I don't get his thought process. I can see The Fixer's dislike for Howard. His contract and decline,although we differ at what solid production is. PJHawks view on Mccoy make no sense at all. The dude is a matchup nightmare. We don't have a Brees,Manning,Brady or Rodgers. We have a small QB who wants to run and make every play difficult for some reason. Those teams that pass all the time have Wr's with size also. We lack that besides Cooper and well he's Cooper. This typical Philly hating there own is weak. It's more like Philly fans are sick of the same bull shit year after year.

Clev was the 2nd or 3rd def against the pass last year. They were also that bad against the run. So the genius coach decides to drop pack a QB who is rusty,short and declining 61 times :roll: It's like me hiring a HVAC service tech to answer phones,instead of going out in the field because I had a hunch. It's been to long and I can't take it anymore.

Wow, great post! 8-) Bolded my favorite parts.

[We have NO CHANCE winning it with Vick. I'm not saying play Foles NOW but if this shit continues,we'll have no choice. Is Shady a weapon to you yet?

never once did i say shady wasn't a weapon. the argument i made was that jackson is our best weapon because he is a threat to score in more ways (and what westbrook was a better weapon than shady) and every time he touches the ball (and he should have been back retruning the last punt yesterday). that is still my belief today. shady is a great running back in an era of the league where running the ball is not a huge weapon anymore.

the NFL average yesterday (including the eagles and by my quick calculation) was passing 62% of the time. the eagles threw it 65% of the time, or 2 more plays.

the NFL average yesterday not including the eagles was passing 58% of the time. so the eagles threw the ball 6 more times

so please explain to me why the fans and media get their panties in a bunch over 2-6 plays in the game. would running the ball in the line 6 more times really make that much of a difference?
    pjhawks wrote:
    the NFL average yesterday (including the eagles and by my quick calculation) was passing 62% of the time. the eagles threw it 65% of the time, or 2 more plays.

?

this is awesome if true. I hate eagles fans

now please, carry on :corn:
  • The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Most of the NFL has better QB's than Michael Vick. (but not the Browns)

Also most of the NFL wasn't trying to protect a slim lead in the 3rd quarter.

• I don't get his thought process. I can see The Fixer's dislike for Howard. His contract and decline,although we differ at what solid production is. PJHawks view on Mccoy make no sense at all. The dude is a matchup nightmare. We don't have a Brees,Manning,Brady or Rodgers. We have a small QB who wants to run and make every play difficult for some reason. Those teams that pass all the time have Wr's with size also. We lack that besides Cooper and well he's Cooper. This typical Philly hating there own is weak. It's more like Philly fans are sick of the same bull shit year after year.

Wow, great post! 8-) Bolded my favorite parts.
    Thanks, This it's a passing not a running league theory bothers me. The teams Like the Pats,Saints and Packers all throw because they can't run. And they have the cream of the crop Qb's. The Eagles don't have that, they have an an Elite RB and a slightly above avg Qb. DJack is a one trick pony,who does help by taking the safety with him. Shady is a all around beast. He blocks,runs and catches at an elite level. And is under used majorly here imo. What about freezing the Lb's and safetys by pounding Shady early. How about we catch them napping with a bomb to Djack later. There's no way were gonna beat teams deep if they know were passing 2 out of every 3 plays.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.