THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    you can be a fan and disagree with the team you root for. reid's a good coach. but he comes up small time and time again in big games. there is no denying that. he also makes the same mistakes he has been making since 1999 and that is inexcusable. for all the talent we had on this team for the last decaded, combined with how weak our division and conference was, it's almost as inexcusable that they did not win a championship....throw in the fact that its been 50 years since the franchise last won a championship and you should be able to figure out why there is such frustration in these parts.

but i just think you are just not objective. it is painfully obvious too. i cannot recall a time in here when you've disagreed with a move the eagles have made. and you do have a condescending attitude. especially when you say stuff like "i'll save these emails for the end of the season blah blah blah"......as if that has ever worked in the last 11 years let alone since 1960. ultimate goal is a championship and reid has come up short every year he has been here dude.

when it comes to the eagles, whatever reid spits out...you gobble it up without question.

not true at all - never thought the Eagles signing Vick was a good move. Other than that most of the moves they have made have been correct. Name one player they cut that was effective anywhere else? so it's not blind loyalty but an actual own judgment based on the reality of it being the greatest run in franchise history. sorry if i enjoy prosperity, even if prosperity has not brought us a championship it is still better than the alternative . i'd rather have the last 10 years of the Eagles than any previous 10 years of my life and it's not even close or worth and argument.

and Jaegs the point about saving these pages is just pointing out the inevitable criticism of Reid and the franchise that you know as a die-hard Philly fan is coming. Please don't tell me you can't see the 1st or 2nd loss the shit hitting the fan here and everywhere else in philly.

also remember i'm not the guy who said he was done with this team like a few on here have said.

you just don't get it. at all. and it's not worth going back and forth yet again.

jearlpam's point was a good one. with all the young bucks, it will be difficult to win 10 games, though i think it is not out of the realm of possibility if things go our way. but it's the defense that will cause us the most problems...and reid doesn't coach the defense.

7-10 wins gentlemen.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    you can be a fan and disagree with the team you root for. reid's a good coach. but he comes up small time and time again in big games. there is no denying that. he also makes the same mistakes he has been making since 1999 and that is inexcusable. for all the talent we had on this team for the last decaded, combined with how weak our division and conference was, it's almost as inexcusable that they did not win a championship....throw in the fact that its been 50 years since the franchise last won a championship and you should be able to figure out why there is such frustration in these parts.

but i just think you are just not objective. it is painfully obvious too. i cannot recall a time in here when you've disagreed with a move the eagles have made. and you do have a condescending attitude. especially when you say stuff like "i'll save these emails for the end of the season blah blah blah"......as if that has ever worked in the last 11 years let alone since 1960. ultimate goal is a championship and reid has come up short every year he has been here dude.

when it comes to the eagles, whatever reid spits out...you gobble it up without question.

not true at all - never thought the Eagles signing Vick was a good move. Other than that most of the moves they have made have been correct. Name one player they cut that was effective anywhere else? so it's not blind loyalty but an actual own judgment based on the reality of it being the greatest run in franchise history. sorry if i enjoy prosperity, even if prosperity has not brought us a championship it is still better than the alternative . i'd rather have the last 10 years of the Eagles than any previous 10 years of my life and it's not even close or worth and argument.

and Jaegs the point about saving these pages is just pointing out the inevitable criticism of Reid and the franchise that you know as a die-hard Philly fan is coming. Please don't tell me you can't see the 1st or 2nd loss the shit hitting the fan here and everywhere else in philly.

also remember i'm not the guy who said he was done with this team like a few on here have said.

you just don't get it. at all. and it's not worth going back and forth yet again.

jearlpam's point was a good one. with all the young bucks, it will be difficult to win 10 games, though i think it is not out of the realm of possibility if things go our way. but it's the defense that will cause us the most problems...and reid doesn't coach the defense.

7-10 wins gentlemen.

this is gonna sound weird, but in 2010 I think the wins are secondary. of course I want the eagles to win as many games as possible, but they aren't winning the SB in 2010. As long as the team develops and gets better as the year goes on (a trait all reid coached teams have), I will be satisfied.

I don't think they win more than 8 or 9 games...but I don't think it really matters this year
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    The Fixer wrote:
    this is gonna sound weird, but in 2010 I think the wins are secondary. of course I want the eagles to win as many games as possible, but they aren't winning the SB in 2010. As long as the team develops and gets better as the year goes on (a trait all reid coached teams have), I will be satisfied.

I don't think they win more than 8 or 9 games...but I don't think it really matters this year

And that is what I've been trying to get at - it now takes 3 years to rebuild into a serious contender. And with the Birds being consistently competitive, it may take less than that.

What no one is realizing, though, is how there isn't going to be any football in 2011/2012.
    The Fixer wrote:

And that is what I've been trying to get at - it now takes 3 years to rebuild into a serious contender. And with the Birds being consistently competitive, it may take less than that.

What no one is realizing, though, is how there isn't going to be any football in 2011/2012.

this team is already halfway thru rebuilding though. they've done it without getting horrible. but there is still a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the ball....

i dont even want to think about 11 and 12....just hoping it works itself out
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

7-10 wins gentlemen.

edit: forget it not worth my time or effort
    pjhawks wrote:

7-10 wins gentlemen.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

7-10 wins gentlemen.

damn, I liked your post better before you deleted it. I was enjoying this battle

andy reid is the man
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

7-10 wins gentlemen.

damn, I liked your post better before you deleted it. I was enjoying this battle

andy reid is the man

what did he edit?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

7-10 wins gentlemen.

andy reid is the man

what did he edit?[/quote]

he lobbed a grenade back at you. guess he changed his mind. disappointing, this is funny shit. it's nice to not be directly involved for once
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

andy reid is the man

what did he edit?

he lobbed a grenade back at you. guess he changed his mind. disappointing, this is funny shit. it's nice to not be directly involved for once

i guess my arsenal of patriot missles must have scared him and his scuds off :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    i guess my arsenal of patriot missles must have scared him and his scuds off :lol:

i'm still here Jaegs just thought better of getting into a pissing match like 12 year old girls.i posted in anger and took it down when i realized it was senseless. i love talking sports and can't stand when things degenerate into mindless blowhards blather. when and if something happens with this team then I'll go back to posting about those things.
    pjhawks wrote:

i'm still here Jaegs just thought better of getting into a pissing match like 12 year old girls.i posted in anger and took it down when i realized it was senseless. i love talking sports and can't stand when things degenerate into mindless blowhards blather. when and if something happens with this team then I'll go back to posting about those things.

i know way more about this team than you do.

:lol::lol::lol:

how's that for 12 year old girl pissing match?....its quite true though :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    2 weeks....oh yes...2 weeks....
    www.myspace.com

eh. wake me when week 1 gets here. summer is for baseball
    The Fixer wrote:

once my vacation is done and training camp is underway, i am ready for the fall. best time of the year. by the 3rd preseason game i just wanna hit the fast forward button to september.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

once my vacation is done and training camp is underway, i am ready for the fall. best time of the year. by the 3rd preseason game i just wanna hit the fast forward button to september.

I hear ya. The NFL offseason (training camp/preseason games) is boring as hell. The media tries to create stories that become irrelevant 90% of the time. Only thing worth paying attention to is injuries.

I look forward to gambling on college football more than anything. I will have to post my picks this year. I usually do well gambling...it is a true hobby of mine. been doing it for years, I absolutely love it
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear ya. The NFL offseason (training camp/preseason games) is boring as hell. The media tries to create stories that become irrelevant 90% of the time. Only thing worth paying attention to is injuries.

I look forward to gambling on college football more than anything. I will have to post my picks this year. I usually do well gambling...it is a true hobby of mine. been doing it for years, I absolutely love it

i prefer betting on the nfl. i lose way more money on college.

i started a betting thread last year with people's picks and stuff...might have been on gtp though. should do it again. i enjoy winning money.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i prefer betting on the nfl. i lose way more money on college.

i started a betting thread last year with people's picks and stuff...might have been on gtp though. should do it again. i enjoy winning money.

I bet on the NFL as well, but it is 10 billion times tougher than betting on college. Last year I had my best year betting NFL games in 10 years or so. I usually win a boatload on saturday and give some back on sunday (I don't win money every week, but I almost always end up in the black at the end of the year).

I have a system that works. My bookie funded a good portion of my honeymoon to hawaii a couple years ago. I don't bet for fun, I bet to make money
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I bet on the NFL as well, but it is 10 billion times tougher than betting on college. Last year I had my best year betting NFL games in 10 years or so. I usually win a boatload on saturday and give some back on sunday (I don't win money every week, but I almost always end up in the black at the end of the year).

I have a system that works. My bookie funded a good portion of my honeymoon to hawaii a couple years ago. I don't bet for fun, I bet to make money

i'm the exact opposite. i think the nfl is easier. guess i just know more about the nfl than college. i lose some interest in college after psu loses a game or two. the whole bcs and no playoff system has really tarnished college for me.

this reminds me that i need to find a new bookie though....apparently he is out of business for some reason. having an actual bookie is so much better than using bodog or some other site like that.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm the exact opposite. i think the nfl is easier. guess i just know more about the nfl than college. i lose some interest in college after psu loses a game or two. the whole bcs and no playoff system has really tarnished college for me.

this reminds me that i need to find a new bookie though....apparently he is out of business for some reason. having an actual bookie is so much better than using bodog or some other site like that.

I bet a ton of games. There are always a few college games that stick out as solid plays. the NFL has much fewer games (especially when bye weeks start), so there is less to choose from. And for whatever reason the oddsmakers are usually better at making lines for NFL games.

OK, I need to stop discussing gambling. I'm getting all fired up.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol: an Eagles thread, now i've heard it all.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah the bye weeks are rough sometimes. i still just know a helluva lot more about nfl than college so it doesnt matter if there's less to choose from to me.

cant wait to watch the redzone all day when the birds arent playing
    www.myspace.com

that channel is one of the best things ever created. had to be a gambler that came up with that idea
    The Fixer wrote:

that channel is one of the best things ever created. had to be a gambler that came up with that idea

its awesome for gambling and fantasy. hard to believe it took until 2009 for it to enter my life.
    www.myspace.com
    brandon graham says even if he holds out for a day or two he will be at lehigh studying film and the playbook.

gotta respect that.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

its awesome for gambling and fantasy. hard to believe it took until 2009 for it to enter my life.

I find myself watching the Red Zone and forgetting the actual game is back on !

Unbelievable channel
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

Unbelievable channel

or you flip to the redzone and WHAMMY---they're showing the game you were just watching on fox and you forget about the fox game.....totally changed the way i watch football. love it.
    www.myspace.com

Unbelievable channel

or you flip to the redzone and WHAMMY---they're showing the game you were just watching on fox and you forget about the fox game.....totally changed the way i watch football. love it.

It really is great. I am one of those people that refuses to watch commercials, so I'm constantly flipping channels. The game on the red zone goes to break, I reach for the remote, and BAM another game comes on. If the eagles aren't playing I don't even need a remote. So money
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The redzone channel is amazing. Its my favorite channel to watch on sundays. It had to have been made by a fantasy junkie.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Kevin Kolb on Michael Vick: "I love him"
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 14, 2010 1:33 PM ET
    Count Eagles first-string quarterback Kevin Kolb among those who support Eagles second-string quarterback Michael Vick.

"He's one of my better friends on the team," Kolb said of Vick, per the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I love him."

Kolb says he and Vick have been texting in the weeks since Vick's dogfighting co-defendant Quanis Phillips was shot outside Vick's birthday party, and he says he thinks people are wrong to assume the worst about Vick.

"I just told him that it was unfortunate what he had to go through," Kolb said. "I just said, 'If there's anything I can do, whatever is I don't care, just holler.' And, of course, he said, 'I appreciate it.'"

Of course, this isn't something Vick "had to go through." It's something Vick is going through because he, at a bare minimum, decided to have a party that he acknowledges he never should have had, which was attended by someone he's prohibited by law from associating with.

But considering that Vick's teammates unanimously selected Vick as the recipient of their Ed Block Courage Award last season, it should come as no surprise that they're continuing to support him now, with Kolb leading the way.

"I think people misunderstand Michael a little bit," Kolb said. "They don't understand how good of a guy he is."
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.