THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    everyone's super excited about foles after a good performance against a bunch of guys who wont be on the roster in a month. it was encouraging. but i have not heard a lot of good things about him in lehigh (slow footwork/bad accuracy). in fact, a few days ago, i was reading that they would practice squad him. but kafka is garbage though. they may end up with edwards as the backup and foles as the 3rd stringer. oh boy...

no reason to sound the alarms yet, but i have also been reading about demeco ryans not doing much in lehigh. he had zero tackles on thursday.

in other news, kevin kolb is currently losing his job to john skelton. :lol:

some of us watched foles in college (deep league fantasy sleeper is his ex-teammate juron criner). he's solid. I think he will be a quality backup/fringe starter. which means reid will eventually trade him for a second round pick or better :thumbup:

I do agree that people are acting like morons after one preseason game

good to hear the namdi thing is not serious

well he'll go up against some better competition next week. so that will be interesting to see.

seems weird that hey have a week and a half off then play 2 games next week.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    well he'll go up against some better competition next week. so that will be interesting to see.

seems weird that hey have a week and a half off then play 2 games next week.

yeah, I wasn't basing my opinion off of a preseason game. that's all I was saying.

this team is gonna have some interesting roster decisions to make when it's time for cuts. I am pulling for a lot of rookies to make the team. polk, bryce brown, cliff harris, demarious (however you spell his name) johnson are all on the bubble and I hope they can find room for all of them (on top of the higher drafted rooks who are locks to make the team).

not looking good for jarrett. don't think he'd be a big loss. and you all know how I feel about dion (I don't do anything well) lewis. and please, for the love of god, no more chad hall
    be pretty embarrasing if jarrett doesnt make this team. guy was a 2nd round pick last year. 2nd round picks are supposed to impact your team.

defensive drafting was so awful for so long. we've talked about it so many times. hopefully this is the year that turns it around with cox and kendricks.
    www.myspace.com
    be pretty embarrasing if jarrett doesnt make this team. guy was a 2nd round pick last year. 2nd round picks are supposed to impact your team.

defensive drafting was so awful for so long. we've talked about it so many times. hopefully this is the year that turns it around with cox and kendricks.

yeah, definitely uncommon for teams to cut picks that high so quickly. that said, this team is loaded at most positions (ironically not at safety)...speaks volumes about jarrett's ability if he can't get on the field at one of the team's weakest positions.

reid has been good about letting guys go if he doesn't foresee them contributing. probably time to admit a mistake and cut ties.
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, definitely uncommon for teams to cut picks that high so quickly. that said, this team is loaded at most positions (ironically not at safety)...speaks volumes about jarrett's ability if he can't get on the field at one of the team's weakest positions.

reid has been good about letting guys go if he doesn't foresee them contributing. probably time to admit a mistake and cut ties.

well usually it's a veteran on his last legs that he's good at recognizing he's done....this would be more reflective of his poor defensive drafting for an entire decade.

hear they may look at polk at fb...
    www.myspace.com
    hear they may look at polk at fb...

saw that in the paper. not sure that's a great idea since polk has had shoulder problems. unfortunately it sounds like lewis is a lock...I hope they keep 4 RBs.

vick is such a turd. wish he would just go away
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:

You may just get your wish.., When does the Nick Foles era begin? He looked sharp again last night..
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can't stop shaking my head about Vick. I know, shame on me. The 2nd play of the game when he dove head 1st and got kneed in the head and arm instead of sliding feet 1st like a normal athlete. He came up shaking his arm from this play. How can you be an athlete and not know how to slide?

Then the stupid bomb where he left himself exposed for a hit like that. That was a very dumb play on Vick's part but isn't it spearing when you dive helmet 1st into the QB? I'm pretty sure he was still in the pocket.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:

When does the Nick Foles era begin? ..

Not soon enough. We already know they will never win anything with vick because he defines 'loser'. I'd rather go 0-16 with foles than have to watch vick destroy this team's chances for another season.

enjoyed watching bryce brown late in the game. kid can play
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    Saw some of Foles on Monday. Weird - he looked like he could, you know, throw the ball accurately to the right receiver. What is this... accurate passing QB thing? I've only seen it in places like New Orleans, Indianapolis and Foxboro...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    RIP Steve Van Buren :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the eagles blow ;):lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Great RB way ahead of his time, who STILL holds some Eagles rushing records (most yards in a game I believe).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Great RB way ahead of his time, who STILL holds some Eagles rushing records (most yards in a game I believe).

The only Eagle to lead the league in rushing and he did it 4 times. RIP SVB.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    3-0 so far this year :thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I'm loving nick foles. So nice to watch a real QB for a change
    The Fixer wrote:

It sure is. Maybe somebody on the Browns can do a little knee twisting in Week One...

The Fixer wrote:

It sure is. Maybe somebody on the Browns can do a little knee twisting in Week One...

now you're talking :-D

though we all know it's just a matter of time...
    sucks cliff harris got cut. was hoping he'd be able to mature and overcome one of the dumbest statements ever

...after being pulled over for driving 110+ mph, an officer told driver cliff harris that his car smelled like marijuana. when asked if there was marijuana in the car harris responded, 'no, we smoked it all'

stand up guy...vick would have loved him

(I was hoping he was going to make the team. he can play)
    4-0 bitches!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    RIP Mike Kafka. Edwards has looked good. It woud be nice to have a veteran, that knows the position, around for Foles. I wish they could find a way to keep both Polk and Brown. If one gets cut, they won't make it to the practice squad.

So I have my son's travel soccer schedule and it's full of fucking conflicts. Last year I was able to DVR a few games without finding out anything before I watched. If it wasn't for concusions and his size, he'd be playing football on Saturdays and I wouldn't have this issue.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RIP Mike Kafka. Edwards has looked good. It woud be nice to have a veteran, that knows the position, around for Foles. I wish they could find a way to keep both Polk and Brown. If one gets cut, they won't make it to the practice squad.

So I have my son's travel soccer schedule and it's full of fucking conflicts. Last year I was able to DVR a few games without finding out anything before I watched. If it wasn't for concusions and his size, he'd be playing football on Saturdays and I wouldn't have this issue.

You guys know how I feel about polk/brown. I would love to see them cut dion lewis. I read the other day that polk still has a slight tear in his labrum, so he may need an additional shoulder surgery. There might be a way for the eagles to stash him on IR for the season. That would be awesome.

I honestly don't really care about edwards/kafka. I thought kafka looked good vs atlanta last year. Edwards was always shitty when he played for buffalo. Gotta think he was out of football for a reason last year.

Other than that, not really much to watch in terms of cuts. Jarrett I guess, but who cares if he gets cut? would love to see them trade tapp for a pick.

I also think gilyard deserves a spot more than mcnutt. Their undrafted rookie are pretty sick. Rookie class in general has looked pretty awesome. Reid has still got it...just need to find a QB and we're all set
    hanson, gilyard, and chad hall (thank god) cut

looks like polk made the squad :thumbup:
    so is anyone excited for sunday? on a scale of 1-10 Id rank my excitement for 2012 at a 6.

If vick gets knocked out for the year and foles takes over that number goes up to a 25
    My excitement is always at a 10 to begin the year. I can't root for injuries period, no less for my team. Whatever happens, happens and i'll roll with it. I'd like to see the 2010 Vick before the alternative.

The D should be much better and the O should be awesome. LT and QB are the only areas of concern. Those postions aren't that important, right?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Word is starting to come out that Brown could be RB2 and Polk RB3 because of special teams with Lewis deactivated.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited September 2012
    JK_Livin wrote:
    My excitement is always at a 10 to begin the year. I can't root for injuries period, no less for my team. Whatever happens, happens and i'll roll with it. I'd like to see the 2010 Vick before the alternative.

The D should be much better and the O should be awesome. LT and QB are the only areas of concern. Those postions aren't that important, right?

haha, not at all important.

vick of 2010 was better than hes ever been. And we all know how that ended in the minn and gb games at the end of the year.

I think it's going to be tough for this team to win more than ten games due to qb play. even if foles takes over at some point, he's still a rook.

10-6. 2nd round playoff exit
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Word is starting to come out that Brown could be RB2 and Polk RB3 because of special teams with Lewis deactivated.

that's how it should be. lewis really brings nothing to the table other than filling reid's quota of having a guy 5'7 or under on his roster

only issue with brown is that he can't pass protect at all. polk excels in that area. I would think polk has more of a chance to play early in the year than brown. polk might not have as much raw talent, but he's a much more complete player at this point. and hes just flat out better than lewis in every area except familiarity with the offense
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Predictions day before season opener.

10-6 regular season
    1-1 in the playoffs
    Reid re-upped at end of year
    Vick (mistakenly) re-upped as well
    DeSean Jackson has a huge season
    Alex Henery has an all-pro level season
    fans and media blame at least 2 of the 6 losses on andy not running the ball enough - even though running the ball is irrelevant in today's nfl
    Packers over Ravens in the Super Bowl.
    BIRDS!!!!! happy football season everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: bout time...

here are my concerns/outlook for the season (i apologize for the long windiness, but i don't post as often anymore so i wanted to give you guys as much knowledge as possible here...and i full expect nobody to read this whole thing :lol: ):

juan castillo is still our defensive coordinator. this is the number 1 cause for concern to me. tough to judge off of preseason but the defense didn't look much improved over last year. i think todd bowles is a good defensive mind...but you may have too many chefs in the kitchen now. the bottom line is this guy should not be a d coordinator on a team with super bowl aspirations and i can foresee some of his mistakes costing us a game or 2.

the line is still going to get after the quarterback. we all know that. the saftey's are still a cause for concern (with allen healthy, gotta hope he plays like a 2nd round pick. coleman is just a guy). i aways thought josellio hansen was solid as the nickle. boykins has a ton of potential, especially in the return game, but it's going to be interesting trusting a rookie in that spot. i like the starting corners. be nice if the d reversed a trend that has been around for the past 7 or 8 years or so of soft play. there are many benefits to a speedy defense but one big downside is you get a reputation as a soft team who doesn't tackle well. this is one of my biggest gripes with where andy reid has taken this team over the last decade. we epitomized that last year. not certain it will change this year...though i like the moves they've made through draft and acquiring ryans.

kendricks looks like he will be a beast. i loved that pick in april. kinda think the weak side suits him better but this guy will be a play maker. i'm not an ahkeem jordan fan. not sure how he always ends up starting for us. d ryans--only slightly concerned that he didn't really do anything in preseason/camp. a lot of vets put it on cruise control until september. but no matter what, it has to be an improvement over clay mathews' sister starting there last year.

gotta be concerned with vick only taking 12 snaps in the preseason...however starting against the peewee browns is the absolute best way ease into things (i think the birds crush them by 3 tds tomorrow). my main reason for believing in vick has been because of andy reid's ability to get the most out of his quarterbacks. i give reid guff for a lot of things but this is the one thing he excels at. still, the fact that the eagles have not forced this guy to slide and avoid taking unnecessary hits, while at the same time throwing the ball at the same, alarming, pace as a drunken college kid playing madden, may ultimately ruin this season, and get him fired, finally....and this nick foles fascination everyone has is funny. i think the kid has a shot to be a decent player. who didn't like what he showed in august? but it was august. all you have to do is scroll way back or go to the previous thread to see what people were saying about kevin kolb when he was here. the backup qb is always the most popular player on the team. still, he gives us some hope in case this year turns disastrous like last year.

...the running game. we talk about it every year and this year is no different. reid has talked about using mccoy less to prolong his career. might be a smart thing but only if he utilizes the other guys instead of passing when he's not using mccoy. brown and polk were 2 solid picks. throw them in with lewis and the eagles have a chance to have a 3 or 4 headed monster/balanced attack, similiar to what they had back in 2003 (before andy reid decided wide receivers were important). let mccoy carry 18-20 or so times per game and intersperse the other guys 6-7 times to keep everyone fresh and keep defenses guessing. like i mentioned before, doing this will also keep your quarterback healthy. eagles blew so many 4th quarter leads last year not only because of the defense, but because they stopped running the ball. i'd like to see them utilize all these ground weapons and punish teams into submission when they have a lead. i hate when andy reid gets all cutesy and wildcaty on us. a little smash mouth has never hurt anyone. of course, can we expect reid to change after a decade and a half? i am not sure...but i would love to see it.

receiving corps is talented, like last year. celek and vick really developed a good bond towards the end of last season. maclin is 100% healthy and on a contract year, i expect big things. d jack should bounce back too.

king dunlap as our starting left tackles scares the bejesus out of me and it should scare you, too. birds had so much success running mccoy wide left last year. rest of line looks okay...but i am concerned at the lack of depth.

the first 8 games are going to be rough. i see them going 4-4 in that stretch (losses coming to ravens, steelers, saints and either lions or falcons). steelers might have a down year, but reid always finds ways to lose against halfway decent to good afc teams, especially on the road. 2nd half looks a little easier, so i'm saying they win 5 or 6 down the stretch. 9-7 or 10-6 and they make the playoffs as a wildcard.

with that said, this team is once again one of the favorites to get to the super bowl. despite their flaws, there is an abundance of talent here. i think it is ultimately up to reid, in his 14th year, to finally learn from his mistakes if this team is going to get to the promised land.

given reid's contract status, the departure of banner, and the fact that he is now the only constant in 14 years of no championships, with no playoff wins since his last contract extension, i think anything less than an nfc championship game appearance will be considered a failure and should lead to a regime change in the off season.

GO BIRDS!!
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.